Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Scars ❯ Scars ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Scars
 
„Dark clouds are coming. It's going to rain again.” Said Kisuke looking through the window. Indeed the weather was changing and first sounds of thunderstorm were coming from the distance. But there was also something else which was getting closer and closer “Soon you'll have to face the new enemy, Kurosaki-san.”
 
“It's all your fault.” Exclaimed Ichigo, sitting on the futon “Don't you even regret that you created this... thing?”
 
“I've been already punished for my sins.” Urahara said calmly and faced the boy.
 
”Yeah, yeah, you were exiled, but still...”
 
”I'll show you something.” Kisuke interrupted, with a mysterious expression on his face. He took of his hat and started to undress. Ichigo stared at him totally dumbfounded. It freaked him out, but he sat still.
 
Urahara took off everything apart from his pants and turned his back on Ichigo.
 
“Look.”
 
Now Kurosaki noticed that his back was covered with long, numerous scars. Some of them seemed really deep. Accompanied with light-thunders outside it looked quite creepy. He gulped.
 
“How did you get them?” He asked feeling shivers going down his spine.
 
“I was tortured. Long time ago, when I was still a captain.”
 
“But... why?”
 
“You didn't really think that they just dropped by and said `Get out of soul society', did you?”
 
Ichigo had no idea what to say. He couldn't expect that Urahara would confess something like that. He usually didn't say much about his past. Now Ichigo could see Kisuke he hadn't known before.
 
“My vice captain betrayed me, tempted by my position, and revealed my secret research. I was arrested and ordered to tell where Hou Gyoku was.” Kisuke continued.
 
“But you didn't tell them?”
 
“I said I hadn't started creating it, yet. Of course they didn't believe me.”
 
“So they decided to make you talk?”
 
There was a silence for a moment, interrupted only by sounds of a thunder. Kisuke looked so serious that Ichigo felt a bit frightened. He was more used to a carefree merchant rather than to a former captain with a dark past.
 
“I wonder what would have happened if I had talked that time. Maybe nothing or maybe everything what happans now, just earlier? Hard to say.”
 
“I'm... I'm sorry Urahara-san... I didn't know.”
 
“But you know now. So you can see Kurosaki-san that I had plenty of time to regret. And by the way, remember that Soul Society is as corrupted as every other institution in the world.”