Buffy The Vampire Slayer Fan Fiction ❯ Outbreak ❯ Part 1: ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
111000111000011100011111111100000111111111111000011110000001111100000111111

Date : 100809

Disclaimer : All BTVS, Alpha Centauri and Adventure Quest characters and concepts belong to respective creators and owners.

1110001110000111000111111111000001111111111110000111100000 01111100000111111

In a alternate universe, Ethan Rayne did not open his own Halloween costume store in Sunnydale. Instead, he became the new manager of Party Town, the only other Halloween store in town. How will this change things?

1110001110000111000111111111000001111111111110000111100000 01111100000111111

O U T B R E A K

Part 1:

Ethan had just settled into his new position as manager of the lone Halloween goods store in town. It had taken him a few months but finally Party Town Incorporated was his to do with as he pleased. Since Party Town was a well-established business enterprise, Ethan had access to a bigger variety of Halloween costumes compared to if had started the business on his own. After dismissing the remainder of the staff for the night, the manager had gone into his office to prepare all the items for what he was going to do that night.

And here was the inventory list.

Bust of Janus ... Check.
Candles ... Check.
Matches ... Check.
Pentagram ... Check.
Potion ... Check.

He had gone through all the materials and possibilities carefully. All the more powerful costumes like Alucard, the Fantastic Four, the Silver Surfer, Dr. Strange, Ghost Rider, Superman, Darkseid, Green Lantern and the Mutant Avengers were not marked with the symbol of Janus. No sense in taking senseless risks after all. Only the ones that he thought were funny, chaotic and weird to begin with were given the chaos mark of Janus.

'Something to spice things up with in this dreary place,' he thought.

He finished the last words of the incantations and then ... it begun.

'Showtime ...' he grinned wickedly as a wave of power emanated from the store to cover Sunnydale.

Though tired, from the exertion of power, he could not help but feel elated. The chaos created would be immense.

Ethan thought he had everything covered. No powermonger or hero wannabe running in to crash the party and all that. But chaos is unpredictable even with the precautions the chaos mage took. Especially at a place like the Hellmouth.

Unfortunately for Ethan Rayne, he didn't know everything about some of the costumes in the store or he would never have dared to place the mark of Janus on any of them.

111000111000011100011111111100000111111111111000011110000001 111100000111111

Principal Snyder knew how to make life hell for the Scoobies. Right now he had Xander, Willow and Buffy act as chaperones to Sunnydale's younger students who were currently dressed as bunny-like creatures. The costumes came from a store in Sunnydale, Party Town at a great discount a few weeks ago. Not wanting to dress like something that looked like a bunny ... little wonder about that as he would never hear the end of it from Larry and his gang ... he had opted to dress in a suit of archaic armour from the same store in town. Willow and Buffy had gone for the same thing ... in which the red-headed witch had dressed as a Ninja and Buffy had opted for something more medieval ... that she thought belonged to a Spanish noblewoman in the eighteen century.

Xander had simply shook his head in sadness at Buffy's choice well aware of the reason behind her choice. Still they had a job to do tonight as he prepared to chaperone the younger students in their bunny-like costumes through the neighbourhood for Halloween.

Elsewhere, a magic spell was cast and the rest like they say is history ...

"Xander, something's gone wrong with this entire town. It seems like everyone has turned into their costumes!" the red-headed Witch cried out.

"Xander? I know not this Xander person that you speak of, Elisabeth. I'm Artix, Paladin of Justice," the heavily armoured figure holding a large battle axe declared.

Willow was about to protest at being called by that name when she was interrupted.

"Artix, am I glad to see you! This town is full of evil monsters," an orange-coloured creature with floppy ears and a walking stick with a green leaf tied to the top approached the duo.

"Don't worry, Twilly. I willy protect you and the rest of the Moglins," the Paladin smiled at the little Moglin in front of him.

The rest of the Moglins quickly gathered around the Paladin.

"Pah! As if I would need your protection!" a voice mocked from below his knees.

"Zorbak, fancy meeting you here ..." the Paladin replied without even turning around.

The blue Moglin simply glanced at him and grinned wickedly.

"Ohh ... This town ... the smell ... the stench ... is so ebil ... and the chaos ... saturated ... I love it!" the Moglin necromancer proclaimed loudly.

"Only someone as twisted as you would love it," the Paladin groaned with resignation.

"I don't know about this but we have got to find Buffy!" Willow shrieked desperately as the Moglin necromancer approached her.

Willow backed away quickly. Something about this knee-high aquamarine-coloured creature with long ears and skull-headed staff greatly unnerved her. Using his magic staff, he poked her, giving her a shock.

"Eeeeks!" she shrieked slightly as she neatly side-stepped the thrust from the ugly staff.

Still she could feel some of her life force and magical energy being drained by that terrible skull-headed staff like some kind of grotesque mockery of a leech..

"Cut that out, Zorbak! Unless you want a taste of my Battle Axe of Storms!" Artix growled in warning at the Moglin Necromancer.

"Oww! You're no fun, Artix!" the blue-coloured Moglin pouted.

"I'm leaving!" the blue-headed Moglin Necromancer left the site without any further hesitation.

"Sorry about Zorbak. Let me help you out," a cheery voice called out.

A wave of healing energy that re-invigourated her body washed over her as the orange-coloured Moglin waved his wooded walking stick over her.

"Thank you ... " Willow spoke.

"I'm Twilly. What's your name?" the strange orange coloured bunny-like creature answered.

"I'm Willow. Can I give you a hug?" she couldn't help herself.

This creature was so adorable!

The orange bunny creature looked a bit uncertainly at her. Since when had the normally cool-headed and unflappable Elisabeth become so emotionally expressive? And why did she call herself Willow? A pair of arms lifted the little Moglin up and embraced it strongly before it could give a reply though.

"Umm .. Umm ..." the orange Moglin squeaked desperately as it was repeatedly pressed and squeezed into a pair of two large but soft orbs.

After a few minutes, she could hear the sound of somebody coughing.

"Err ... Excuse me," a voice that sounded male disturbed her.

"Can't this wait till later? I'm busy now!" she grunted in annoyance at the speaker.

The feeling of the little Moglin pressing into her chest was just ... heavenly! Willow's eyes dilated a little.

"If you don't mind me interrupting ... Twilly is turning blue already," the male voice told her.

"He's right ... Twilly's becoming almost as blue as Zorbak," a higher pitched-voice from the ground agreed.

The feel of that creature ... pure bliss ... Her eyes dilated further as she continued to rub and press herself against the little Moglin.

"Don't wanna stop ..." the red-headed witch declared, her voice becoming slurred.

"Twilly's choking to death. He's going to suffocate soon," the male voice explained while the little orange bundle in her arms continued to struggle for freedom.

"Did you check the time to see how long it takes for a Moglin to run out of air?" a third voice, distinguishable from the other two voices asked.

"I did. Fifteen minutes so far ..." a fourth voice answered.

At these words, Willow lifted up the little Moglin and saw to her horror, that it was indeed turning blue already.

"Goddess! I didn't mean to. I'm sorry!" she cried out and placed her mouth onto the little creature's mouth.

"What are you doing?" the Paladin asked again.

Willow did not answer and continued to adminster CPR onto the little orange bunny-like creature.

The little Moglin healer waved a flag frantically at Artix .

'SAVE ME!' it read.

111000111000011100011111111100000111111111111000011110000001 111100000111111

Elsewhere ...

Spike had gathered the rest of his goons in response to the chaos of the night.

"Buckle up! It's PARTYTIME!!!" the three-hundred year old vampire announced.

"YEAH!" the twenty-strong vampire gang chorused in reply.

"Dru ... what are you doing ... dressed like that?" the vampire master asked the female vampire as she put on her seventeen-century wardrobe.

"The Queen is coming," vampire seer answered in a sing-song tone of voice.

"What Queen?" Spike queried, curiousity evident in his voice.

"Our Mistress, of course," she answered non-chalantly in reply.

11100011100001110001111111110000011111111111100001111000000 1111100000111111

Somewhere in Sunnydale, Safiria looked around her in confusion. What place was this? Last thing she remembered, she was speaking with Wolfwing and Constantin in Darkovia to discuss a problem they had in common, the dracopyre, Nightbane. A hybrid creature of vampire and werebeast of such power that none of their minions were capable of dealing with it. Nightbane had slain countless vampires and werebeasts, not to mention other vampire-werebeast hybrids with and without reason. The meeting between the three enemy leaders was a sign of just how dire the situation had become.

But here she was. In a place she did not recognize at all. this was strange. The ground felt closer to her eyes than normal.

A car passed her by, but Safiria paid it no heed. It stopped suddenly, to reveal a man in business suit.

"Hey honey ... would you like to have a good time?" he asked.

"A good time? By all means," Safiria smiled evilly before launching herself forward towards the man and sinking her teeth into his neck.

A few minutes later, the mortal dropped onto the rough surface of the road, dead, his body drained completely dry.

'I never turn down a good time,' Safiria thought with a laugh.

In the next alley ...

"Keep an eye out for the Slayer!" the master vampire barked an order.

Spike's vampire goons quickly did as they were told. No point in getting dusted so early on due to carelessness after all.

"Master, we found the Slayer! Over there ..." one of his vampire minions warned.

"The Queen is here. She is here," insane vampire Seer cackled with joy as ran forward towards the female in 17th century attire.

"Who are you?" the Slayer asked.

"Your servant, Highness," Drusilla answered as she bowed quickly before the Slayer.

Spike and the rest of his minions could only look at the scene in disbelief.

"You smell different from my kind. What place is this?" the blonde Slayer-turned-Vampire Queen asked again.

"This is Sunnydale, California The stars they tell me about you and your dominion over us ... You are in the body of the Slayer currently," Drusilla continued.

"Slayer? Vampire Slayer?" Safiria asked.

"Yes," the insane vampire seer answered.

With one hand, Safiria tore the mirror of the car like it was paper and glanced at her reflection in the mirror. It looked different ... being completely blonde and short.

"That explains many things. But this form will have to be rectified," she said and focused her magical powers.

The form of the blonde Slayer shimmered for an instant before reshaping itself into the tall, voluptuous and regal-looking form of a pale-skinned beauty with black hair that cascaded down her shoulders in tresses. Now in her true form, Safiria looked every inch the Queen of the Undead that she was. At this Spike and the rest of his minions bowed down in suit. They could not help themselves. It was as if her very aura and presence compelled them to do so.

11100011100001110001111111110000011111111111100001111000000111 1100000111111

It had taken him three days but he had now found the source of the chaos. Seeing that it was locked he smashed through the glass door with a club.

"What is the meaning of this? Tresspasing into the store at midnight?" a familiar voice called out.

"Ethan, tell me how to stop the spell," the old Watcher insisted.

"Whatever do you mean, Giles?" the chaos mage asked, his face the very epitome of innocence.

"You know what I mean! This spell over the town! It stinks of you!" the Watcher shouted in anger.

"Can't do that Giles, old buddy. Besides, don't you know that you're tresspasing onto private property? I could have the cops here and before you know it, you would be thrown behind bars!" the chaos mage shook his head as though chiding a child.

Giles let a bit more of the Ripper surfaced into him.

"I will not repeat myself. End this farce, Ethan or else ..." he let the threat sink in.

"Or else you would do what?" the chaos mage sneered.

At these words, Giles moved forward to punch the store manager only to find himself weak and drained on the floor as a black flash of energy struck him in the chest throwing him back a few feet.

"You see ... this spell just isn't about me anymore ..." Ethan continued, the grin never leaving his face.

A small blue-coloured bunny with a skull-headed staff emerged from the shadows.

"I would like you to meet a new aquaintaince of mine," the chaos mage got to his feet and made a mock bow before the small blue-coloured bunny.

"May I present to you, the bane of all happy creatures and things in the universe ... the one and only Master of the Dark Arts ... the Necromancer Extraordinnaire, ZORBAK OF LORE!!!" Ethan proclaimed with dramatic fanfare.

"What have you done, Ethan? Don't you know that's a child in there?" the Ripper spat out.

"Of course I know Giles but I also know that Zorbak will take good personal care of this child, right, Zorbak?" the chaos mage grinned evilly.

"You're so ebil, Ethan. I love it! Definitely a prime candidate for being my new apprentice," the blue little Moglin smirked in return.

At this point, Giles had enough and moved forward to strike Ethan. A blast of dark energy flashed into existence from the skull-headed staff, hitting him again and sending him flying right out of the entrance of the store. The blue little Moglin grinned evilly and mouthed an incantation. A large skeletal creature clothed in rags and broken armour the size of a man appeared from nowhere, leaping on one leg while clutching another in its skeletal hand. Giles watched the approaching skeleton with worry. From the outside, it looked faintly ridiculous with its one-legged hopping body appearance while holding a second skeletal leg in its hand. Its following actions, however, proved that it was nothing to laugh at.

The one legged skeleton approached the Watcher and proceeded to commence a beat down on the Watcher with its detached skeleton leg. Giles fought against it throwing whatever spells and physical blows he knew to stop the undead creature desperately. Fire spells, defense spells and even some of the old forbidden spells that he knew but it was not enough. All in vain for nothing seemed to even faze the ridiculous-looking one-legged undead monster jumping up and down in front of him. He was getting tired and the undead creature did not even seem to show the slightest sign of fatigue.

Not far from the entrance, the chaos mage and the blue Moglin watched the sight with wry amusement. The sight of the Watcher getting beaten up by a one-legged skeleton would have been almost comical to watch except for the cries of pain and the increasing number of wounds on the Watcher's body. The skeletal creature remained expressionless as it continued with its physical assault on the Watcher's body.

"You sure know how to hurt a man, Zorbak," Ethan smiled wickedly.

"When it comes to hurting people, there's no one more qualified than me!" the blue little Moglin Necromancer declared proudly as its skeletal minion continued to use its detached skeletal leg to beat the crap out of the Watcher outside the Party Town store.

TBC

1110001110000111000111111111000001111111111110 00011110000001111100000111111

Will Willow ever get out of her Moglin funk and find the Slayer?
Will Buffy the Slayer ever return from becoming Safiria the Vampire Queen?
Will somebody stop Ethan and Zorbak before it's too late?
Can somebody save Giles before he gets stomped even further into a Watcher-sized pancake?
Can anybody save Sunnydale before it becomes a replica of Battleon?

Stay tune for the next episode of Outbreak!

11100011100001110001111111110000011111111111100001111000 0001111100000111111

1110001110000111000111111111000001111111111110 00011110000001111100000111111

OMAKE:

That night ...

"Xander, something's gone wrong with this entire town. It seems like everyone has turned into their costumes!" the red-headed Witch cried out.

"Xander? I know not this Xander person that you speak of. I'm Artix, Paladin of Justice," the heavily armoured figure holding a large battle axe answered.

"Artix, am I glad to see you! This town is full of evil monsters," an orange-coloured creature with floppy ears and a walking stick approached the duo.

"Don't worry, Twilly. I willy protect you and the rest of the Moglins," the Paladin smiled at the Moglin in front of him.

The rest of the Moglins quickly gathered around the Paladin.

"Pah! As if I would need your protection!" a voice mocked from below his knees.

"Zorbak, fancy meeting you here ..." the Paladin replied without even turning around.

The blue Moglin simply glanced at him and grinned wickedly.

"Ohh ... This town ... the smell ... the stench ... is so ebil ... and the chaos ... saturated ... I love it!" the Moglin necromancer proclaimed loudly.

"Only someone as twisted as you would love it," the Paladin groaned with resignation.

"I don't know about this but we have got to find Buffy!" Willow shrieked desperately as the Moglin necromancer approached her.

Willow backed away quickly. Something about this knee-high aquamarine-coloured creature with long ears and skull-headed staff greatly unnerved her. Using his magic staff, he poked her, giving her a shock.

"How?" the red-headed witch turned ghost asked as she felt herself being drawn into the creature's staff like water into a drain.

"I'm a Necromancer. I know everything about the dead that is necromantically possible including spirits," the blue-bunny-like creature grinned wickedly.

11100011100001110001111111110000011111111111100001111000 0001111100000111111