Buffy The Vampire Slayer Fan Fiction ❯ Spike: The Series ❯ Episode 1.02 - Dark Side of the Moon ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

FADE IN:
 
Central Park. Night. A young couple stroll hand in hand. The girlfriend looks around fearfully.
 
GIRLFRIEND: This was a bad idea, Jim.
 
JIM: You're overreacting.
 
GIRLFRIEND: No, you're under-reacting! Walking around the Park in the dead of night? That's the kind of thing that gets you in the morning obituaries!
 
JIM: Libby, don't worry. We're fine!
 
LIBBY: We should have taken a taxi.
 
JIM: Yeah, but would a taxi have been this romantic?
 
Libby looks around. Through the autumn foliage, Bethesda Fountain is visible through the trees, water glinting in the moonlight. She smiles, putting her arm around Jim.
 
LIBBY: Absolutely not.
 
Jim leans in and kisses her. Libby giggles.
 
Suddenly, from the darkness a growl is heard. A large shaggy creature bounds in front of their path, leaping onto Jim. Libby screams, but is cut off with a vicious swipe of the creature's paw. The creature howls with a piercing “arwoooooo”.
 
CUT TO:
 
An alley. Spike saunters along, followed by Thursday. She attempts to juggle a pair of wooden stakes.
 
SPIKE: Keep an eye out. And watch your back.
 
THURSDAY: That's redundant. So what's with the wood?
 
SPIKE: What's what?
 
THURSDAY: What is it about the wood that's fatal to vampires? Is there something about the chemical composition, or do you just not like splinters?
 
SPIKE: I don't know! Wood kills. That's the only thing you should care about. Now stay sharp.
 
THURSDAY: Relax. I'm paying attention. There are two vamps tailing us, but they're about three blocks away. We've got time.
 
Spike stops, and glares at her.
 
THURSDAY: What? I can't use my demony abilities when we patrol?
 
SPIKE: If you're not going to take this seriously…
 
THURSDAY: Hey, I'm plenty serious! I'm Sirius Black, I'm so serious!
 
SPIKE: Just shut it for two…
 
He is cut off by a vampire tackling him from behind. Thursday yelps.
 
THURSDAY: I guess three blocks just isn't what it used to be!
 
As Spike grapples with the vampire, Thursday attempts to get close enough to stake it. Just as she goes for the kill, the Spike and the vampire roll over, placing Spike in the line of stabbing.
 
SPIKE: Stop! Stop!
 
THURSDAY: *backs off* Aah! Sorry!
 
She backs away, only to be overtaken by the second vampire, hiding in the shadows. Spike quickly gains the upper hand on his opponent, stabbing him in the heart with his wrist mounted staking device. He rushes to Thursday's aid.
 
Thursday is on the ground with the vampire over her, who is trying to take a bite. Thursday flails wildly, stabbing the vampire's chest with her stakes randomly, until…
 
She hits the heart. The vamp disintegrates, leaving Thursday in a thin covering of dust. She looks up at Spike.
 
THURSDAY: Hey! I got him!
 
Spike rolls his eyes.
 
CUT TO:
 
A different alley. Just after dawn. Sunlight spills over the dumpsters, lighting up the crumpled form of an unclothed man. The man coughs, and sits up groaning.
 
It's Oz. He looks down at his conspicuous nudity.
 
OZ: Uh oh.
 
FADE OUT. OPENING CREDITS ROLL: Theme music plays (Nine Inch Nails - Just Like You Imagined).
 
Starring:
James Marsters - Spike
Mageina Tovah - Thursday
Seth Green - Oz
Alan Tudyk - Rene
James Franco - Dr. Allenby
 
FADE IN:
 
Spike's place at the CBGB. Spike sits on his couch, pouring blood over a bowl of Weetabix. Rene is occupied at the payphone, with an open spellbook in his hands. Thursday bustles around in the background, putting a green uniform shirt over her outfit. She spies Spike's breakfast.
 
THURSDAY: No offence Spike, but that's gross.
 
SPIKE: Yes offence. I'm a vampire, this is what we do.
 
THURSDAY: I meant the Weetabix. Why can't you eat a normal cereal? Like Fruit Loops.
 
SPIKE: I prefer when meals aren't brought to me by giant cartoon birds.
 
RENE: Here we go!
 
Rene snaps his spellbook shut, and taps the top of the payphone twice with what looks like a dried chicken foot, muttering an incantation. He picks up the receiver. There is a dial tone.
 
RENE: Ha ha! Now were in business!
 
Spike walks over to the phone, and listens to the dial tone. He nods approvingly to Rene.
 
SPIKE: Guess the third time just happens to be the charm today. Do you think you could work that voodoo on the telly? I enjoy watching static as much as the next bloke, but I'd like to have options.
 
RENE: Sure. I just gotta grab some more feet.
 
Rene rummages through a brown paper bag, and goes to the TV set. As he works, Thursday finishes buttoning her uniform top.
 
SPIKE: Where you off to?
 
THURSDAY: Work.
 
Spike looks at her blankly.
 
SPIKE: Since when?
 
THURSDAY: Since five years ago. Believe it or not, I do have a life outside our little sideshow.
 
SPIKE: Huh…didn't peg you for the nine to five type.
 
THURSDAY: Yeah, well some of us actually pay for things like phone and cable.
 
Spike sneers at her, and turns his attention back to his breakfast. Rene finishes his chicken feet mojo on the TV, and flicks it on. He turns to a morning news show. The anchor is in the middle of a report.
 
ANCHOR: …bodies found mutilated in Central Park, some time last night.
 
SPIKE: Turn it up.
 
ANCHOR: According to the coroner's report, the couple appear to have been mauled by a large mammal of some kind. Police are looking into the local zoos for information on missing animals.
 
SPIKE: Thursday, what was the moon like last night?
 
She thinks for a moment.
 
THURSDAY: White.
 
Rene pulls a book from his inside jacket pocket. He flips through, stopping after a moment.
 
RENE: Not quite full. That's tonight.
 
Spike and Thursday stare at Rene.
 
RENE: What? Lots of people carry Farmers Almanacs on them!
 
THURSDAY: Farmers, for one.
 
SPIKE: Night before the full moon, then. Well, if it looks like a werewolf, and quacks like a werewolf...
 
RENE: Chances are it's not a duck.
 
CUT TO:
 
Oz's van, somewhere near Rockefeller Center. The radio is on, tuned in to an indie music station. His acoustic guitar sits on the front passenger seat. The van is strewn with miscellaneous clothes and blankets - he has been living in it for some time.
 
In the back, Oz frantically mixes together a bowl full of herbs. Once he's done, he promptly gulps them down. Grimacing at the bitter taste, he lights some incense, and sits in a cross-legged position, intending to meditate.
 
He gets distracted by a breaking news report: the mutilation in Central Park.
 
Putting out the incense, he crawls into the front seat, and drives off, somewhat sporadically.
 
CUT TO:
 
The Bowery Morgue. Exterior. Across the street, Dr. Allenby gets out of his car, balancing a coffee in one hand, and a pile of paperwork in the other. He's just beginning a new shift. He starts to cross the street.
 
Suddenly, Oz comes barrelling down the street in his van, narrowly missing the doctor by a few inches. Allenby drops his coffee and paperwork, jumping out of the way. He shouts after the retreating van.
 
ALLENBY: Hey! I'm walkin' here!
 
Allenby grumbles to himself as he stoops to pick up his fallen items.
 
CUT TO:
 
Fox Books. Interior. A mega book chain in the traditions of Borders, and Barnes & Noble. The store is bustling with customers, most being assisted by smiling associates in the same green uniform as Thursday's.
 
Over in the deserted Paranormal & Occult section, Thursday browses lazily through a selection of books. The one she currently holds reads: Lycanthropy - Facts v. Fiction. She becomes engrossed in a particular passage, tuning out the ambient noise of the store around her. Someone comes up behind her.
 
VOICE: Excuse me.
 
Thursday gasps in surprise, dropping her book. She wheels around.
 
It's Oz, looking uncharacteristically haggard, and strung out.
 
OZ: Can you help me?
 
Thursday regards him, narrowing her eyes slightly. Something isn't right.
 
THURSDAY:*hesitantly* Of course.
 
CUT TO:
 
Spike's place. The payphone rings continually for several minutes.
 
CUT TO:
 
Spike's bedroom. Spike is sprawled across the bed, deeply asleep. The ringing phone echoes down to his basement bedroom. He mumbles something unintelligible, and rolls over. The phone continues.
 
Growling, he angrily rolls out of bed, and thumps towards the stairs.
 
CUT TO:
 
Payphone. Spike pads over, and picks up the receiver.
 
SPIKE: What?
 
THURSDAY: Hey, it's me.
 
SPIKE: Good for you. Who would that be?
 
CUT TO:
 
Fox Books. Thursday is on a phone near the front registers. In the background, Oz is browsing through a shelf of New Age books. Thursday glances back at him, anxious.
 
THURSDAY: Thursday. You took a really long time to answer. Were you sleeping?
 
CUT TO:
 
Spike's place.
 
SPIKE: Oh no. I was just lying in bed. With my eyes closed. Unconscious.
 
CUT TO:
 
Fox Books.
 
THURSDAY: Well, now that you're up, I think you should come here. Like…now.
 
SPIKE: Or, I could hang up and go back to sleep. Much better idea all around, don't you think, pet?
 
THURSDAY: Spike! This is an emergency. There's a really creepy guy here. He's looking at all these herbal remedy books.
 
CUT TO:
 
Spike's place. He scoffs.
 
SPIKE: *sarcastic* Yeah, right. He sounds really suspicious. Please tell me you didn't wake me up for this.
 
CUT TO:
 
Fox Books.
 
THURSDAY: That's not the weird part. He's giving off huge waves of guilt. And all he can think about are wolves. And the moon.
 
CUT TO:
 
Spike's place.
 
SPIKE: You think he might be our wolfman?
 
THURSDAY: More like he thinks. Can you please come? I don't know what to do.
 
SPIKE: Love to pet, but I'm not fixing to get charbroiled.
 
CUT TO:
 
Fox Books.
 
THURSDAY: Can't you just take an umbrella, or something?
 
SPIKE: An umbrella? This isn't a little spot of rain we're talking about here!
 
THURSDAY: Spike, what if he gets away? What if he hurts someone else tonight? Could you live with that?
 
CUT TO:
 
Spike's place. He sighs, rolling his eyes.
 
SPIKE: Keep him there as long as you can.
 
THURSDAY: Sure, easy as pie.
 
SPIKE: I'll get there…somehow.
 
CUT TO:
 
Fox Books. Thursday smiles into the phone.
 
THURSDAY: Thanks, honey bunny.
 
She hangs up, and goes to where Oz is perusing.
 
THURSDAY: Finding everything okay?
 
OZ: Yes. Thank you.
 
He goes back to his books, absorbed. Thursday stands there awkwardly.
 
THURSDAY: *under her breath* Easy as pie.
 
CUT TO:
 
Spike driving down the street. He is huddled under a thick wool blanket, smouldering slightly.
 
CUT TO:
 
Fox Books. Spike comes running in the door, blanket securely around his hands and face. As soon as he gets inside, he chucks the blanket, hitting a nearby patron. Spike ignores him, and continues further into the store.
 
Thursday spots him and discreetly waves him over to where she and Oz are standing. Spike comes up behind Oz.
 
SPIKE: You and me need to have a little chat.
 
Spike grabs Oz by the shoulder, and spins him around. Oz is mildly surprised.
 
OZ: Spike?
 
SPIKE: Uh…you?
 
OZ: You smell different.
 
SPIKE: All souled up now.
 
OZ: That would do it.
 
SPIKE: Yeah.
 
Spike stares at Oz in confusion. Suddenly, it dawns on him.
 
SPIKE: Wait I know you! You were Red's lovesick puppy…`til she figured out she was more of a cat person.
 
OZ: I prefer Oz.
 
FADE OUT: COMMERICAL BREAK
 
FADE IN:
 
Arsenic bar. Closed for the day. Oz sits with Thursday at one of the many mismatched tables. Spike stands close by, arms crossed, as if waiting for Oz to do something shifty. Rene is behind the bar, preparing lunch. Oz relays his situation.
 
THURSDAY: So you don't remember anything?
 
OZ: No. Though, I never really did when I changed.
 
SPIKE: Did? Isn't that past tense.
 
Oz holds up his hand. It is wrapped in prayer beads.
 
OZ: I can control it now. With mediation, herbs, incense. Didn't Willow tell you any of this?
 
SPIKE: *under breath* Sodding Scoobies never told me anything.
 
THURSDAY: So what made you lose control over it this time?
 
OZ: I don't know. Things have been frugal lately, but nothing overly stressful
 
THURSDAY: Stressful?
 
OZ: There's a chance I could turn if I get…upset.
 
SPIKE: What? As in “you wouldn't like me when I'm angry”?
 
OZ: Yeah, that's apt.
 
As they talk, Rene walks over with a plate full of eggs and bacon. He plunks it down in front of Oz, who immediately dives in, ravenous. He hasn't eaten well in a long time.
 
THURSDAY: Rene, is there anything you can do?
 
RENE: Not so much. Werewolves aren't all that mystical. The link between lunar cycles and lycanthropy is more of a physical reaction.
 
SPIKE: So what, we take dogboy to a vet?
 
THURSDAY: No…not exactly.
 
CUT TO:
 
The Bowery Morgue. Exterior. Spike, Rene, Thursday and Oz pull up in Oz's van. Oz sticks his head out the window, reading the morgue's sign.
 
OZ: I gotta say, this doesn't inspire confidence.
 
CUT TO:
 
Bowery Morgue. Interior. Main holding area. Dr. Allenby walks out of a back office, filling paperwork on a clipboard. He is so distracted, he walks right into Spike and Co. He yells in fright. He gives them the once-over.
 
ALLENBY: I knew this was going to be a bad day.
 
CUT TO:
 
Bowery Morgue. Examination room. Oz sits on a cold metal table, while Dr. Allenby takes his vitals.
 
ALLENBY: Any recent medical history I should know about?
 
OZ: I'm a werewolf.
 
Allenby laughs weakly. When he sees that no one else finds this funny, he stops. He attempts to recover.
 
ALLENBY: Well, you look great.
 
THURSDAY: Sorry to dump this on you all at once Doctor…
 
ALLENBY: Call me Preston.
 
THURSDAY: *smiles* Preston…but I knew we could trust you.
 
Spike scoffs, rolling his eyes. Thursday ignores him.
 
THURSDAY: So, here's the sitch. Werewolves, vampires, magic….not just the stuff of children's storybooks.
 
RENE: What kind of creepy-ass storybooks did you read?
 
THURSDAY: It's all real.
 
ALLENBY: Huh…so that whole thing with the headless corpses last week?
 
SPIKE: Demon cult. Raised a deity. We fixed it.
 
ALLENBY: Oh…that's good.
 
Allenby looks to Oz.
 
ALLENBY: So you've been having blackouts?
 
OZ: Of a sort. And not plural.
 
ALLENBY: Just the one. Has it ever happened before now?
 
OZ: Not lately.
 
From a nearby tray, Allenby takes a syringe and needle.
 
ALLENBY: I'd like to take a blood sample. See if it's not something you ate.
 
Oz nods, and holds out his arm. Allenby takes the sample and leaves the room with it. While he's gone, Spike snaps at Thursday
 
SPIKE: Just what do you think you're doing?
 
THURSDAY: What?
 
SPIKE: Stuff about werewolves and vampires.
 
THURSDAY: He's a good guy. He gets that kind of stuff. I can tell these things.
 
OZ: You're a demon aren't you?
 
THURSDAY: *smiles* Yes'm!
 
OZ: Thought I got a whiff of that at the bookstore.
 
THURSDAY: Well, you caught on faster than him.
 
She jerks a thumb back at Spike. Before he can retort, Rene jumps in.
 
RENE: I hate to be a downer, but we haven't really talked about it.
 
He looks at Oz.
 
RENE: What if it is you? The werewolf attack I mean. What are we supposed to do then?
 
No one speaks. Allenby returns, sheepishly.
 
ALLENBY: Umm…alright I took a look at the sample under the microscope. Uh…here's where things get awkward. Have you taken any illegal substances in the last 42 hours?
 
OZ: No. Just herbs. And eggs.
 
ALLENBY: Huh…Then I'd say you've been drugged.
 
SPIKE: Drugged?
 
ALLENBY: Yes. There are trace elements of chloroform and tranquilizers in your bloodstream. Is there any reason someone might do this to you?
 
OZ: No, I don't really know anyone in the city.
 
SPIKE: Does anyone know you? Cause it seems like someone went to a lot of trouble to make sure you wouldn't remember last night.
 
RENE: How many people know you're a werewolf?
 
OZ: Not many. Just Willow. And Buffy Summers and Xander. Giles. Aunt Maureen. My cousin Jordy. The Initiative. And all of you.
 
SPIKE: Probably Wolfram & Hart too. Evil law firm. Record rooms the size of hell dimensions. Also record rooms in hell dimensions.
 
RENE: Sound like they'd have files on all known werewolves.
 
SPIKE: That narrows it down to every Wolfram & Hart client, and their mother.
 
THURSDAY: Great. So we've pretty much never left square one.
 
As the group converses, Allenby motions for Spike to follow him outside the room. Once out of earshot of the rest, Allenby speaks.
 
ALLENBY: So what's her deal?
 
SPIKE: *surprised* Who, Thursday? Odd. Annoying. Bit of a problem with subtlety. Terrible taste in music. Doesn't know when to shut up. A little bit mad.
 
Allenby blinks, taken aback.
 
ALLENBY: I meant, is she seeing anyone?
 
Spike eyebrows shoot straight up. He bursts out laughing.
 
SPIKE: Good luck with that one.
 
He lowers his voice an octave, mockingly.
 
SPIKE: “Preston.”
 
CUT TO:
 
Oz's van, just outside Rockefeller. Dusk. Oz sits on the curb near his van, strumming his guitar. He nods graciously as passers-by toss coins into a nearby cup.
 
A well-dressed pedestrian stops to put a $20 bill into the cup. As Oz looks up to thank him, the pedestrian claps a cloth over Oz's mouth. As Oz falls unconscious, his assailant pulls a syringe from his jacket.
 
VOICE: Penny for your thoughts.
 
The assailant whips around, just as Spike clocks him in the face. He goes down hard.
 
FADE OUT: COMMERICAL BREAK
 
FADE IN:
 
Inside Oz's van. The assailant slowly regains consciousness. He tries to move, but finds he is bound by ropes the hands and feet. He looks up. Spike towers over him.
 
SPIKE: Good morning Sleeping Beauty.
 
Spike kicks him in the ribs. The assailant cries out in pain.
 
SPIKE: Sorry mate. I like to warm up a bit before the main event.
 
Spike grabs the assailant by the collar, pulling him close to his face.
 
SPIKE: Though, I'm feeling mighty charitable today. Tell me who sent you, and I'll try to refrain from making you my personal punching bag.
 
The assailant shakes his head furiously.
 
ASSAILANT: I don't know! I just do the job, I don't ask questions.
 
Spike glances over the assailant's shoulder. The assailant follows Spike's line of sight to Thursday, who sits cross-legged behind them, thumbing through a wallet. She casually shakes her head no.
 
SPIKE: My girl here says you're lying. As much as I hate to admit it, she's usually right about that sort of thing.
 
Spike punches their captive again, hard enough to draw blood.
 
SPIKE: Fancy trying again?
 
ASSAILANT: I told you, I don't know!
 
Spike looks to Thursday again. She just rolls her eyes, shaking her head.
 
SPIKE: Really?
 
He looks the assailant square in the eye - and vamps out.
 
SPIKE: How `bout now?
 
The assailant stares at Spike in horror. He spits out.
 
ASSAILANT: I'll talk! I'll talk! Please don't bite me!
 
Spike releases the assailant's collar, letting him thump to the ground.
 
SPIKE: That's more like it. Sing out Louise.
 
ASSAILANT: My name is Jack Stonehouse.
 
SPIKE: Didn't ask for your name Jackie Boy.
 
JACK: I'm a bodyguard. I work for Robert Saxon.
 
He pauses, as if waiting for a reaction.
 
SPIKE: Who?
 
JACK: *confused* Saxon. The British Ambassador to the UN. I thought you people would know that.
 
SPIKE: Us people? Vampires?
 
THURSDAY: He means you Brits. Unless that's just a really good fake accent.
 
SPIKE: Not really one for politics, me. What's Saxon want with a werewolf?
 
JACK: I don't know.
 
Spike moves as if to hit him again. Thursday motions for him to wait.
 
THURSDAY: He's telling the truth.
 
JACK: Saxon just told me to drug, strip, and deposit the teen wolf in an alley. He didn't say why.
 
SPIKE: Guess we need to move up to the next rung on this ladder. Can you take us to Saxon?
 
JACK: No. He left the country last night for the UK.
 
THURSDAY: And now he's back to the lying.
 
She pulls something from the wallet - Jack's wallet - and holds it up. It's an invitation to a benefit ball at the United Nations headquarters. Hosted by Robert Saxon, the next evening before dusk.
 
THURSDAY: See.
 
Spike backhands Jack. Jack spits blood. Spike flashes his fangs.
 
SPIKE: You've got one last chance before you become my dinner, Jackie Boy. Can you get us into this shindig?
 
JACK: Yeah, sure. Whatever you want.
 
SPIKE: Fantastic.
 
He hits Jack again, hard enough to knock him out.
 
SPIKE: That's just because I don't like your face.
 
As Jack falls unconscious again, someone sitting in the front seat stirs. Oz wakes up, moans, and turns to look in the back of the van.
 
OZ: Did it work? Did we get him?
 
He looks from Jack's prone form to Spike's bumpy foreheaded visage. He glances at Thursday, who smiles sheepishly.
 
THURSDAY: Depends. Do you own a tux?
 
CUT TO:
 
Spike's place at the CBGB. The next day. Thursday stands near the stairway that leads down to Spike's bedroom. Dressed elegantly in a gold strapless gown, she taps her foot impatiently.
 
THURSDAY: You almost done? The others will be here any minute.
 
Spike calls up from his basement room.
 
SPIKE: I'm fine. Sod off.
 
THURSDAY: If you're going to pass for a dignitary, you've got to be more mannered than that.
 
SPIKE: Fine. Do kindly sod off.
 
THURSDAY: Better. You decent?
 
SPIKE: No.
 
THURSDAY: Whatever. I'm coming down.
 
She quickly trots down the steps, high heels click-clacking against the hard concrete. She spots Spike in the corner near his bed. Dressed head-to-toe in a well tailored tuxedo, he fiddles with his bowtie. Spike snarls when he sees Thursday.
 
SPIKE: Can't a bloke have some privacy? For all you knew, I could have been naked down here.
 
THURSDAY: Yeah, except I did know. When you are naked, all you can think about is how hot you think you are.
 
She goes over to him, and starts to adjust his tie.
 
SPIKE: Any theories on what Saxon's up to?
 
THURSDAY: First instinct? Oz is being framed.
 
SPIKE: Guessing that Saxon's a werewolf too, what with the party having a “before sunset” theme.
 
THURSDAY: My thoughts exactly. There!
 
She finishes with Spike's tie, and steps back to admire her handiwork. Spike gets his first good look at Thursday in her evening wear.
 
SPIKE: Got to say pet, you look smashing.
 
THURSDAY: Huh? Oh…
 
She glances down at her outfit.
 
THURSDAY: I know. That's why I picked it. I have a date tonight after the espionage fun.
 
SPIKE: A date? Since when?
 
THURSDAY: Since we took Oz to the morgue. Preston asked for my number.
 
SPIKE: Preston? The doctor?
 
THURSDAY: Yes, the doctor. Do I not look like the type that would attract a successful young doctor?
 
SPIKE: No, that's not what I meant.
 
THURSDAY: Then what? Wait…are you jealous?
 
SPIKE: What? No, that's ridiculous.
 
THURSDAY: Is it? Remember you're talking to a psych demon.
 
Before he can answer, there is a thump from upstairs.
 
THURSDAY: They're here. Your deus ex machina.
 
She disappears up the stairs before Spike can respond.
 
CUT TO:
 
Spike's place at the CBGB. Main room. Spike comes up the stairs after Thursday. Waiting for them are Oz and Rene, both clad in tuxedos. Thursday looks around at the three well dressed men. She chuckles giddily.
 
THURSDAY: It's like a wet dream come true.
 
Oz is holding what looks like a battered briefcase. He opens it. It contains two handheld tranquilizer guns. He gives one each to Rene and Thursday. Rene stares at his tranq gun, puzzled.
 
RENE: I'm still not sure what you're doing with these. Aren't you cured, or whatever?
 
OZ: Just in case. I think of them like a safety net.
 
Rene holsters his tranq inside his dinner jacket.
 
OZ: Be careful. There are only two darts in each gun.
 
Thursday balances her gun in her hand for a moment, before sitting down on the couch. She lifts the hem of her dress to reveal a thigh mounted holster. She secures the gun, and admires it for a moment.
 
THURSDAY: Damn, that's hot.
 
SPIKE: Doc's gonna get one hell of a surprise later.
 
CUT TO:
 
United Nations Headquarters. The sun hands low in the sky. Diplomats and various government officials in formal wear are getting out of stretch limos and sports cars. Spike's car pulls up. Driven by Rene.
 
RENE: You were right man; this thing handles like a dream.
 
Spike is huddled in the back seat, a blanket pulled over him, shielding him from the sun's lingering rays.
 
SPIKE: Don't get used to it.
 
CUT TO:
 
UN interior. Main ballroom. Spike and Co. queue up, waiting to get inside. They are waved through by Jack Stonehouse, standing guard at the entrance. Spike nods curtly in greeting.
 
They enter the ballroom and immediately split up, Rene near the buffet table, Oz near the main entrance, Thursday at a stairway exit, and Spike at a balcony exit.
 
Spike attempts to blend in, trying to grab a glass of champagne from a passing waiter's tray. The waiter turns at the last second, veering out of Spike's way.
 
VOICE: Here.
 
A stunning blonde woman in a blue off-the-shoulder gown holds two full glasses of champagne. She offers one to Spike, who takes it.
 
SPIKE: Cheers.
 
Spike downs the glass in one gulp. The woman stands next to him, as if waiting for him to say something.
 
SPIKE: Uh…lovely party, eh?
 
WOMAN: Lovely bore, is what.
 
The woman has a British accent. She gulps down her drink in one go as well.
 
WOMAN: Stay home if I could, but Daddy always wants me to make an appearance.
 
SPIKE: Daddy?
 
WOMAN: Oh, I'm sorry.
 
She curtsies slightly
 
WOMAN: Michaela Saxon. Mikey.
 
SPIKE: Right. And just where is Daddy now?
 
Mikey gestures vaguely at the crowd of partygoers.
 
MIKEY: Somewhere. So what's your name? You've certainly got the whole James Bond thing going for you.
 
Thursday comes up behind them.
 
THURSDAY: Yeah, I guess if Bond was played by Billy Idol. Can I borrow you for a minute?
 
She takes Spike's arm and leads him away from Mikey.
 
SPIKE: Now who's jealous?
 
THURSDAY: Not now. I think I spotted Saxon.
 
She points to the stairway exit. A portly bald man is making a hasty retreat.
 
SPIKE: He preoccupied about anything special?
 
THURSDAY: Wolves and the moon.
 
SPIKE: Got him. Let's go.
 
He motions Rene and Oz from their posts. They follow after Saxon.
 
CUT TO:
 
Stairwell landing. Saxon waddles up the stairs. He checks his watch, and increases his pace. He turns to see if anyone is following behind him. When he looks front ways again, Spike is suddenly blocking his path.
 
SPIKE: Leaving so soon. Not much of a host are you?
 
SAXON: Excuse me young man, but I have places to be.
 
SPIKE: I haven't been a young man for a very long time.
 
SAXON: I can't stay. I have to leave. Now.
 
Rene, Oz and Thursday come up behind Sazon on the landing. Saxon turns, and spots Oz. He pales
 
SAXON: You? You're supposed to be in an alley somewhere!
 
OZ: Sorry to disappoint.
 
SPIKE: Real classy. Not man enough to fess up to your own crimes, eh Saxon?
 
SAXON: I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about. Now, I really have to be going. Someone is expecting me.
 
SPIKE: They can wait. Thursday?
 
THURSDAY: He's feeling guilty alright. Can smell it even.
 
SPIKE: Right. Here's the plan. We lock you up for a while, so you can't be hurting anyone else.
 
SAXON: Hurting? No, you've got it all wrong. I never hurt anyone.
 
SPIKE: Like hell…
 
THURSDAY: Wait!
 
She approaches Saxon, narrowing her eyes.
 
THURSDAY: He's right. He didn't hurt anyone.
 
SPIKE: What? He's not a wolfman?
 
SAXON: Please…she's waiting for me.
 
Thursday's eyes widen suddenly. Outside, the sun dips below the horizon.
 
THURSDAY: No…she's not.
 
Suddenly, from the main ballroom, a howl is heard, followed by terrified screams. Spike and Co. race down the stairs.
 
CUT TO:
 
Main ballroom. Pandemonium erupts, as partygoers flee from a huge werewolf, currently ripping the balcony curtains to shreds.
 
SAXON: *moans* Oh, my girl. My little girl.
 
SPIKE: Mikey.
 
FADE OUT: COMMERCIAL BREAK.
 
FADE IN:
 
UN main ballroom. Mikey howls in rage, ready to spring for the nearest warm body. Spike vamps out, and rushes her. They collide and go sprawling in front of the balcony. Oz starts to escort people to safety. Rene and Thursday draw their tranquilizer guns, and move to opposite ends of the room.
 
RENE: Spike! Move her into the middle of the floor! The middle!
 
Spike complies, wrenching wolfed-out Mikey up by the neck, and hauling her backwards to the centre of the room. They both snarl in resistance.
 
Once in place, Thursday takes a shot. Mikey whips around at the last second, knocking Spike and her to the floor. The shot misses, and heads straight for Rene. Rene dives out of the way, and the dart hits an ice sculpture on the buffet table. It shatters instantly.
 
THURSDAY: Yikes! Sorry honey!
 
Rene picks himself up off the floor.
 
RENE: S'okay.
 
After escorting everyone out, Oz runs over to Rene. He watches Spike grapple with Mikey.
 
OZ: He's gonna lose.
 
He turns to Rene, and pulls the prayer beads from his hand.
 
OZ: Make me angry.
 
RENE: What? How? Why?
 
OZ: Make me angry. Hit me.
 
Rene hesitantly punches Oz in the jaw. Oz recovers.
 
OZ: Didn't work. Harder.
 
Rene punches him again. It still has no effect.
 
OZ: You need to make me mad, now!
 
From across the room, Thursday yells.
 
THURSDAY: She doesn't love you! She never did!
 
Oz whirls around, hurt.
 
OZ: Willow?
 
Suddenly from behind, Rene hits Oz with a silver serving platter from the buffet. Oz falls to the floor.
 
And immediately gets up, his irises completely black, hair growing on the back of his hands. He turns to Rene.
 
OZ: Run.
 
In the middle of the ballroom, Spike and Mikey are still fighting. Mikey quickly gains the upper hand, about to rip Spike's throat out with her razor-sharp claws. Suddenly wolf Mikey is attacked from behind by wolf Oz, who takes a huge bite out of her shoulder. Mikey yowls in pain, and turns her attention to Oz. The two werewolves assail each other savagely.
 
Rene takes a shot. The two tranquilizer darts hit their mark, going straight into Mikey's thick neck fur. She drops like a sack of potatoes.
 
Which still leaves werewolf Oz. Oz approaches Rene menacingly, ready to spring.
 
RENE: Oz…it's me. You can fight this.
 
Spike steps in front of Rene, shielding him.
 
SPIKE: Rene, you take Thursday, and you run. I'll deal with dogboy.
 
Just then, Oz pounces…only to yelp, and hit the floor, unconscious. Thursday stands over him, holding her tranq gun out in front of her. She smiles.
 
THURSDAY: Hey, I got him!
 
She looks down at Oz, and claps her hands over her mouth, in shock.
 
THURSDAY: Oh my God, I got him!
 
CUT TO:
 
British Embassy, morning. In the dining room, Oz sits with a now human, and hung over, Mikey.
 
MIKEY: So, I'm a monster?
 
OZ: No, don't think of it like that. It's just a new part of yourself you have to integrate.
 
MIKEY: Like you. You can control it?
 
OZ: To an extent. And I'll be willing to show you if you'd like.
 
MIKEY: Eating weird herbs and meditating?
 
OZ: Among other things.
 
Mikey considers it for a moment.
 
MIKEY: Nah. Don't sound like my cup of tea. Tell me more about the cage option.
 
Oz raises an eyebrow, and nods.
 
CUT TO:
 
Spike's place at the CBGB. Spike watches television. Oz is across the room, packing a bag.
 
SPIKE: Except you'll be off soon.
 
OZ: You expect correctly.
 
Oz finishes packing, and slings his back over his shoulder. He glances at the TV.
 
OZ: One Tree Hill?
 
SPIKE: Yeah. What of it?
 
OZ: Nothing. Has interesting things to say about counterculture.
 
Spike turns to Oz, and nods approvingly.
 
SPIKE: Yes. Thank you. Finally someone who gets it.
 
Oz waves a quick goodbye, and turns to leave.
 
SPIKE: You know, there are rooms in the upper levels of this place.
 
OZ: Oh?
 
SPIKE: Wouldn't mind letting you borrow one for a while. `Til you get back on your feet.
 
OZ: Thanks.
 
SPIKE: But don't think this is a permanent thing. I don't do The Odd Couple.
 
OZ: Sure.
 
Oz goes to the stairwell, and makes his way to the upstairs.
 
SPIKE: Right. Glad we agree.
 
He turns the volume up on the TV.
 
FADE OUT: END CREDITS.