Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Fading Clow Cards ❯ I love you. ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
My first Card Captor Sakura fic! Yay! By the way, I’ve only seen up to episode 35 (Right before the first movie) so, I only have information up to that point.

Ages: Li and Sakura- 15
---
Sakura sighed as she contemplated the edge of the cliff. Just one step and it could all be over. Everything. But the Clow cards…

Will be safe with Li.
---
Li frowned. Where is Sakura? I haven’t seen her since lunch. Oh, well… He sighed as he began his walk home.
---
Sakura sighed again. What is the point of life if I have no will to live? What is the point if all I ever feel is misery? Why shouldn't I just jump off this cliff? I've never lived in the same place for more than a year at a time. I suck at everything and just mess things up. So, what is the point? Death will be welcomed when I die.
---
Li put down his backpack and lay down on his bed. He didn’t know why, but he had a nagging feeling that something was wrong. He sighed. Might as well start on my homework.

Li grabbed his backpack and sat down at his desk. He rubbed his temples. He could fell a headache coming on. Li’s eyes snapped opened as he remembered how Sakura had acted at lunch.
---
“Hi Li!” Sakura greeted him. He frowned at her. The smile on her face was definitely forced.

“Hi Sakura. How you doing?”

“I’m fine.”

She didn’t look him in the eye as she said it, convincing him that it was lie.

“Um, I have to go. Goodbye Li.”

He frowned as she walked off. Why did her goodbye seem more like a ‘Goodbye forever’ instead of a ‘See ya later’?
---
Sakura stared down at her feet, her eyes dull. I’m sorry…

With that thought, she let herself fall.
---
Li stared in horror at the Clow cards at the edge of his desk. Sakura’s Clow cards. He picked them up. No, it can’t be…

But it was. Sakura’s name is rapidly fading from the cards. That only happens if- if the owner is about to die.

“NO!” Li yelled. He ran out of his house. He didn’t know why, but he had a feeling she would be at the cliffs.
---
Sakura watched as the ground got rapidly closer. Finally.
---
Li watched in horror as Sakura hit the ground. No…

“SAKURA!”

He ran toward her.
---
“SAKURA!”

Sakura frowned. Li? What is he doing here?

She felt hands on her back, propping her up.

“Oh, Sakura. Wh-why did you do this?”

Sakura summoned up the last of her strength. “I’m sorry Li. I love you…”

Her voice faded and her vision dimmed.

“I love you too… My cherry blossom.” Li confessed.

Sakura had a smile on her lips as everything went black.
---
End.

Okay, that’s it. No more. Sakura’s dead, but she confessed her love…

Okay, okay. I’m not that mean.
---
Two months later
---
Beep… Beep… Beep… Beep…

Sakura frowned. What…?

She snapped her eyes opened, but immediately closed them as light blinded her. She opened her eyes slowly this time, using her right hand to block some of the light. After her eyes adjusted to the light, she looked around. She was in a hospital room.

Sakura smiled slightly as she saw Toya sitting on a couch, deep in conversation with Yukito.

“Do you two ever stop talking?” She asked, causing both of them to jump off the couch and run toward her.

“Sakura… You’re awake.” Toya said, tears gathering in his eyes.

“So are you. You’re point?” She said, grinning at him.

He wiped at the tears that ran down his cheeks.

“You haven’t lost any of your sass, I see.”

Her grin grew wider. “Of course not.” Sakura’s grin dissolved, being replaced by a frown. “Where’s dad?”

“He and Li are at the cafeteria. I practically had to use a crow bar to get that brat out of here.” Toya turned to Yukito. “Could you watch over her while I go get them.”

Yukito nodded.
---
Fujitaka poked at the food on his plate. He didn’t feel like eating. He looked at the boy across from him. He hadn’t even bothered getting food. When Fujitaka had asked why, he had said, “There wouldn’t be any point in getting any. I won’t eat it anyway.”

“Dad!”

Fujitaka looked at the cafeteria doors, seeing an excited Toya. As soon as Toya saw him, he grinned, yelling, “She’s awake!”

Fujitaka dropped his fork, tears nearly blinding him, all the while thinking, My baby is going to be alright.
---
“Sakura!”

Said person looked up at the door, seeing Toya, Fujitaka, and Li. She smiled brightly at the lot of them.

“Dad!”

Fujitaka wiped at the tears rolling down his cheeks and ran to hug his only daughter.
---
Two hours later.
---
“Sakura, are you sure? If you like, I could stay.”

Sakura frowned at her father. “Dad, you’ve been here long enough. Besides, how would you sleep? There’s nowhere to lay down in here… Well, besides my bed, but it’s kind of taken.”

“I could lay down on the cou-”

“You will do no such thing! Dad, go home. I’ll be fine.”

Fujitaka sighed. “Fine. Come on Toya. Yukito, I’ll drop you off at your grandparents house.” He turned to Li. “Would you like me to drop you off?”

Li shook his head. “Thank you, sir. But no thanks. I need to talk to Sakura.”

Toya glared at him but said nothing.

“Okay. Toya, Yukito, let’s go.” They left the room, leaving behind the two teenagers.

“So, Li, what did you want to talk about?”

“Sakura, why?”

She closed her eyes. “In a second. First, do dad and big brother know that I tried to commit suicide, or do they think that I just fell?”

“They know.”

Sakura silently cursed.

“Sakura. Why?” He repeated.

Sakura sighed. “Why did I try to commit suicide? Several reasons, really. The most prominent one, though, is the person I loved with all my heart loves someone else.”

Li just stared at her. He didn’t understand how she could speak about her suicide attempt so easily. She had told him that she loved him, right before she passed out. Did she really think that he loved someone else? He frowned as he realized something. “Loved?”

Sakura turned away, tears swimming in her eyes. She said something, but Li wasn’t able to tell what.

“What did you say?”

She turned back toward him, glaring. “Love okay. Not loved. Love. I still do love him.”

There was a long silence.

“Sakura. Who- who is the man you love.”

“It was a full minute before Sakura answered. “You.” She whispered.

“What?”

“It’s you, you big dummy. You’re the one I love, damn it!”

Li broke into a wide grin.

“What?” Sakura asked irritably.

“You just said you love me.”

Sakura stiffened. “Yes I did. Your point?”

Li rushed over to her, wrapping her in a hug.

“Wha-?”

“I love you too, Sakura Kinomoto.”

Sakura frowned. “No. You love-”

“You. I love you and only you.”

Tears rolled down Sakura’s face. “Really?”

Li smiled at her. “Really.”

She smiled, wrapping her arms around him in a hug.

“I love you, Li.”

“I love you too, Sakura.”
---
End.

That’s the end of my one-shot. So… How was it? I’m planning on keeping it a one-shot, but if you really want it a multi chapter, I might make it into a multi chapter