Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ False Face, Hidden Heart ❯ Dark Revalations ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own CardCaptor Sakura so no suing you hear me? However I do own this plot so any stealing and I'll make your life hell, or as close as I can to it anyway.

Okay, my writing spree if officially off but I'm still trying to save some time on the computer everyday for my fiction, whether it's staring at a blank screen or typing like a maniac and trying to wear the keyboard down a few millimetres.

Lots and lots of thank you's to everyone who reviewed my last chapter: Katsu-chan, Sakura Kuonji, crystal~heart, Tomoyo-Chan, Kan-Chan, Shima and Tempis, Kawaii Girl Rules, Silverwing, Destiny's_Fate, Ceryyblossom419, Dana Daidouji, shortee_cake, MoonPhoenix, Hele, Fuu, chibisakura, Akiya Arimoto, embattledcurve, TreeLeaf, Psycho-kyugurl, U bEtTeR gUeSs, Distant Moon and Midnight Star24.

And a big, big, utterly flattering Thank You to Cherry Blossomz Girl who recommended me in her chapter. Thank You so much! You're so sweet!

False Face, Hidden heart: Chapter Seven

'Tomoyo!'

Tomoyo merely burrowed lower into her blankets and ignored Sakura's pounding and pleading on the floor. She really wasn't in the mood to talk, she had been withdrawn and silent ever since the incident with Eriol. Sakura hadn't understood Tomoyo's sudden resignation. Tomoyo didn't intend to tell her. She blatantly the pounding on her door and was glad when they ceased.

Syaoran being Syaoran seemed to have caught a drift of her feelings. However he feigned ignorance to save Sakura's tears and Tomoyo's feelings.

Hearing the lock on her door being picked from the outside Tomoyo shot up furious. She was about to yell and shout but stopped shot when she caught sight of the man in her doorway. Dressed impeccably in pristine white and crisp, icy blue suit a tall man with silver hair tumbling down his shoulders and back. Piercing blue, almost silver serpentine eyes stared right back at her. Daring her to protest at his presence.

'Who are you?'

'Yue.'

'Do I know you?'

'No, you don't. But Hiiragazawa Eriol does.'

Silence…then,

'I don't wish to talk about that.'

Yue lowered himself elegantly into a chair,

'I did not ask your opinion. I am merely here to state my case.'

Seeing no protest --not that he was going to give her one--Yue continued,

'Did you not look up Eriol's record? Tomoyo-san did you Eriol suffers from a mild case of Munchausen Syndrome, I am assuming you have heard of it. You are an accomplished nurse after all.'

Tomoyo blinked. Munchausen syndrome, the faking of illness or injury to gain attention. Eriol? She could almost laugh. Hiiragazawa Eriol with the ego the size of Europe, Eriol with tongue a sharp as a butcher's knife, Eriol who had made her life Hell and lived to be her pain? It was funny how ironic fate could be. And it was funny how cruel destiny was when it felt like it. Tomoyo said the only thing that came to her mind,

'Wha?'

'Do you know what Eriol's family life was like? He was the heir to some fortune in England Tomoyo-san where the only attention he got was a scolding if he so much as put a hair wrong. So he gradually developed a case of Munchausen syndrome to gain some kindly attention.'

Tomoyo frowned,

'But he never displayed any symptoms of the syndrome during his time in the hospital.'

Yue absently waved a hand at her interruption.

'It's recessive as he soon grew out of it like a phase. Instead he started to play games with those around him. A bit like board games, for instance chess. He would pretend people around him were pieces and he would persuade them into pitching themselves against each other. That's why he was put into hospital…

However instead of getting better he merely played the same games with the doctors. The thing was, he didn't seem to understand that he was hurting people's feelings. It was like a child's game and he never saw the darker side of his games. Eriol was transferred many times, however like all child's games, the rules are simple. So soon after he left, usually the doctors or nurses would figure out how he had used them.'

Yue stopped and watched Tomoyo's reaction silently. She stared back at him blankly. Giving a tiny sigh he continued on his lecture,

'Although Eriol's problems were simple enough, the doctor's didn't know how to cure him. Simply because Eriol displayed to sympathy towards others. Without knowing how he felt or responded, people had no idea how to even begin to remedy him.'

At this point Yue couldn't help but smirk a little,

'However it seems Tomoyo-san, Eriol has found his attachment in you.'

Tomoyo snapped from her daze.

'Me!?'

'Yes, henceforth I have concluded you are the one with the ability to cure him. And unless I am mistaken, you have your own attachment to Hiiragazawa Eriol do you not?'

'I--'

Tomoyo was speechless. She didn't know what she felt for Eriol but she knew she cared. She stood up and walked downstairs and out of the front door. Sakura, alarmed, asked her friend worriedly,

'Tomoyo where--'

'Hospital Sakura-chan, I'll be back.'

Smiling Sakura closed the front door and turned around to face Syaoran leading the way down the stairs with Yue close behind him. She bowed to Yue,

'Arigato Yue-san, for finding the time to visit us.'

Yue smiled,

'It is no problem, I had my own score with Eriol to settle. I said I would beat him at his own game after all, and we have Syaoran to thank here. He is I believe an old friend--'

'--enemy.'

Corrected Syaoran.

'--of Eriol's.'

Finished of Yue.

Sakura just laughed,

'Poor Tomoyo, she's fallen for him and she doesn't even know it.'

~~~~~~~~~~

Foxtails: Sorry for the late updates but I've had four tests in the last week and have had little time to write. I also apologise for the crapness of this chapter, full of facts more than anything. However the next few chapters should be more interesting with Tomoyo and Eriol having some catching up to do.