Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ The Love and Life of an Actress ❯ The Audition ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Love and Life of an Actress Chapter 1

The Audition

 

An Interviewer places a tape recorder down on a table in a small room then presses play on the recorder, “As we being what motivate you to be an actress?” he asks.

The woman pauses for a moment and speaks, “I like to act out various rolls, like being in someone else’s shoes. You know what I mean it’s something hard to explain,” she says then places her hands in her lap.

“Oh I understand, Sakura,” he says, “But did someone inspire you to be an actress?” he questions again repeating the same question only rewording it.

“I would have to say my father and brother did. They were so great to me when I was growing up, it is after all hard to grow up with out my mother,” she pauses, “In a way I would like to say that I did it for her.”

“Is it hard getting started?” he asks as he readies himself to write an answer down on paper while making sure the tape he had put in there was still okay.

“Like any job it is hard to get in the field yet alone find a job to do,” she says while looking down at her hands and back up to the interviewing gentleman.

“After all I am doing a biography for you so maybe if you went over the steps, pitfalls and celebrations in your young career this far,” he replied.

“This starts just two years ago when I was auditioning for my first movie….it was a recommendation from my agent,” she said then looked just behind him.

“Just something to finish up the interviews, Ms Kinomoto,” he said as he scribbled a couple more details on a piece of paper that was in front of him. “Are you really glad that you have found this opportunity?” he asks.

“Of course, I couldn’t have done it with out help from Li, Syaoran. He helped me a lot with the addition,” she said with a smile.

“So you owe him,” the reported says as he again starches some notes in his book.

Sakura laughs, “I guess I do,” she says. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

= The Mistress =
Auditions begin April 5th

Sakura looks up at the poster that is posted at the studio on the bulletin board inside. She is waiting in line for her turn, for a leading role part of Vanessa a woman who steals a married man from his wife.

“Okay next,” a man at the door holding a clipboard said.

Sakura approached him, “Kinomoto, Sakura?” he said as he read of the clipboard.

“Yes, that’s me,” she said. He motioned for her to step through the door and at once she set her eyes on one of the most handsome young man she ever had seen.  Her glaze then went to the two men who sat in the chair just in front of him.

“Kinomoto, Sakura,” said the man with glasses.

“Yes,” she replied.

“Is your first audition?” he asked her quietly.

“Yes it is,” she said to him.

“Okay so to begin if you just stand up there with Syaoran,” he said.

Sakura turned to look at the young man she had stared at when she came into the room, “Syaoran, Li?” she questioned her expression one of shock and surprise.

“Yeah that is me,” he said smiling then handing her a script he leaned to her and whispered, “Let’s being or the big guys down there are going to be upset.” He said smiling.
 
“Right of course,” she said then turned to the two men seated in front of them.

“You seemed to know Syaoran do you?” he asked.

Sakura shook her head, “I don’t personally, I mean I know he is a big actor in this district,” She said quickly.

“Okay so you know Syaoran will be playing the married man whom Vanessa is carrying on a relationship with. His name in this short television series is Alexander,” he explained to her.

The man that hadn’t said a word then began to talk, “So on those pages Syaoran gave you. They are part of the script in which Vanessa asks him if he is jealous of the attention that the other men give her. Do your best and we will start now,” he said then the lights closed and the spot light was only on her and Syaoran.

Sakura got her emotions out of her then looked at the first lines on the script and began, “Alexander, you follow me like, like you are jealous,” Sakura says.

“I’m not jealous; you have to be careful when it comes to these men. They are all out for your money Vanessa,” Syaoran says looking at her intently.

Sakura turned around having her back facing him, “You say things like this…how am I supposed to believe you?” she questions him.

“Believe or not I am looking out for you,” he replied then came up to her and turned her to face him.

“Cut!” the man with the glasses shouted, “Very good,” he said seemingly surprised.

Sakura and Syaoran looked at him, “You’re actually the first women that would be right for the role,” he said.

Sakura smiled, “Oh really, thanks.”

“My name is Ichiro, Yamato, I am the director for the series,” he said bowing then Sakura in turn returned the bow. “This other gentleman is the casting recruiter,” he said smiling.

The man stepped up to Sakura, “I am Izumo Taichi,” he said as he bowed and Sakura returned the bow.

“Thank you for trying out for the role of Vanessa, we will call you when we finish going through the rest of the auditions today,” said Mr. Izumo.

“Okay, thanks again very much,” Sakura said smiling at the three of them then exited room.

“She should be the one,” Syaoran said quickly as soon as the door closed.

“She is good yes, but we still have to go through all the other people out there Syaoran,” Mr. Izumo said as he flipped through the paper to show him.

“I see,” Syaoran said. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sakura smiled as she walked out of the studio feeling very much happy as she reached into her purse for her keys. Hopefully for her no one else would be picked that worked so well with Syaoran. The upside is that he was really good looking and nice.

Later in the day Sakura was at home she got a visit from her friend Tomoyo. They hugged, “Tomoyo, you never guess who the lead male actor is for the television series is,” Sakura said with amassment as they then took a seat on the couch.

“Who is it?” Tomoyo asked curios now.

“Li, Syaoran,” she said, “And the best part I think they really liked us working together. I mean I hope they do,” she said with a smile.

“That is amazing Sakura. I knew you would make a good actress!” Tomoyo exclaimed.

Sakura blushed merely, “I do really appreciate that you made that portfolio for me with all those pictures you did.”

“It’s the least I can do,” Tomoyo replied.

  ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The Studio around 4 o’clock in the evening…

“Okay next!” Mr. Izumo said quietly as he looked to the door as another girl came forward to do the same since they have been rehearsing for the past six hours.

The girl walked up on stage and stood just across from Syaoran. She wore a huge smile on her face as she looked at him, “So nice to meet you!” she said.

“Yes and the same to you,” Syaoran smiled then turned to Izumo who didn’t seem happy he was talking to her. He turned back to the girl, “Shall we begin,” he said motioning to the script in her hands.

“Alexander, you follow me like, like you are jealous,” she says.
 
“I’m not jealous; you have to be careful when it comes to these men. They are all out for your money Vanessa,” Syaoran says looking at her intently.

“You say things like this…how I am supposed to believe you?” she questions him.

“Believe or not I am looking out for you,” he replied then came up to her and turned her to face him.

“Okay thanks!” Izumo said as he stood up.

“Thanks, nice to meet you Syaoran,” she said shaking his hand then slowly headed toward the exit.

“How many have you decided that you want to come back for a second audition?” he asked out of curiosity.

“Three dozen if you are wondering,” Yamato said looking at his sheet.

Syaoran took a peek at the paper with all the addresses and phone numbers of each of the girls that had auditioned for the part. He saw Sakura’s name then took a seat next to the casting director, “You don’t mind if I call her myself do you?” he asked.

Yamato looked at him, “You can call if you like. However, Syaoran I hope it is not a personal reason,” he replied looking at him suspiciously.

Syaoran shook his head, “What makes you think something like that?” he asked.

“I’m not stupid Syaoran you thought she was an amazing actress,” Yamato said.  

Syaoran laughed, “No that’s not it. I did say that about her because it is true,” he said.

Yamato nodded, “And I agree with you completely, she is a really good actress. You know what happens when you get romantically involved with the actress on set,” Izumo said cautioning him.

“You are both worried about nothing. I just happen to think she is the one that will make the prefect Alexandra. That’s it,” Syaoran said point of fact making sure he was clear on his stance of things. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sakura’s Apartment…

She was making dinner for herself, Tomoyo had left she had some work to be done on a special project that she was preparing for Sakura, which Sakura had no idea about.

The telephone rang Sakura set the knife down and went to get the phone, “Kinomoto, Sakura speaking,” she said into the receiver absentmindedly.

“Sakura…uh I mean Kinomoto-san,” Syaoran said rather unprofessionally at first but correcting himself, “It’s Syaoran from the audition.”

“Oh Syaoran, its okay there is no need to be so formal with me,” she said with a laugh.

“Thanks, so I just want to inform you that you have made it to the second audition,” he replied.

“That’s great, when is it?” she questioned.

“It will be held in three days at the same location. As for the times I will have to call you with those,” he looked down at his hands as he talked to her.

“Oh okay that is great, Thanks you so much,” she said smiling as if he where there in front of her.

“I was wondering…” he paused thinking if he should ask her or not.

Sakura listened and waited for him to continue when he didn’t, “Syaoran are you there still?” she asked.

“Yeah, sorry, I was wondering,” he paused again. ‘He should just go on and ask then explain to her why he thought about this idea. “I was wondering if you wanted some help preparing for it?” he questioned quickly.

“Really?” Sakura questioned, “Are you sure? I mean you must be a very busy person Syaoran Li.”

“No, not at the moment. I want to help because I know you will play the role so well.”

“And this is okay? I mean you won’t get in trouble?”

“No, I’ve done it in the past,” he confessed.

“Okay, sure. With some one as good as you as my coach for the role I’m sure to be the one to get it,” Sakura said although a little surprised at this offer of help she was going to accept if it meant her getting the role had a higher chance at success.

“I will make sure you get it,” Syaoran said confidently.

Sakura was touched with his dedication on getting the right actress to play the role of Vanessa and she was going to make sure that she did get the part. This could mean everything for her career while working with a top actor such as Syaoran.

To Be Continued… HOME | NEXT