Case Closed Fan Fiction ❯ Only Hope ❯ In Which a Murder and a Misunderstanding Take Place ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Atheria: Ah… now on to the murder mystery, or at least part of it. I think this will be at least two chapters of case work and character interaction. This one is just flying out of me, not like my Yu Yu Hakusho one, or that Avatar one I haven't touched in months. I'm already about half the size of the longest one and this is only 3 chapters. Hm? Ah well, this chapter is back in third person, because I'm switching between that and character's POV for an interesting effect. The devil is in the details with this case. I will try to do the same with all of them. Now for the Disclaimer:
 
I do not own Cased Closed or any of the assorted characters used from that universe, they belong to Gosho Aoyama . They are used without permission, but I don't suggest suing me, as I am a very poor college student with no financial assets. (I.e. it would cost you more to sue me than you would get from me monetarily.)
 
My Beta is good to me. Fixing all of these in one day.
 
Once again:
 
Thoughts: `Blah'
 
Spoken: “Blah”
 
 
 
In Which a Murder and a Misunderstanding Take Place
 
Yellow tape crisscrossed the entire estate from the front lawn to the back yard pool. Sirens flashed crimson and azure, painting the area in alternating light. Blue uniformed men and woman swarmed the interior of the house, taking pictures and samples, cataloguing everything from the rafters to the basement. The sun was dipped low on the horizon, it's reddened rays casting a blood stained shadow on the traumatized neighborhood. Neighbors and passersby stood on their lawns captivated by the officers casing* the place. Crimes like this didn't happen in the gated communities where the Tanaka's lived. In the middle of all the chaos, Mrs. Tanaka sat in an emotional heap. “So let me get this straight. You come home and find your husband's body just laying in the middle of the floor, and there was nothing unusual that happened today,” The lead officer questioned. Mrs. Tanaka's shoulders heaved in shuddering gasps as she tried to catch her breath.
 
“T-that is correct. We left for work this morning, the same time as usual, and spoke a little before lunch. Nothing at all seemed amiss until I arrived at his office earlier today. I was with a group of friends from out of town, and we were all going to dinner. The receptionist at the desk said Eiji had called out sick around three.” Mrs. Tanaka huffed a little and suppressed another sob. “ I got here to check up on him before dinner. It wasn't like Eiji to miss work, so I figured he must have been feeling awful to call out sick. I…I opened the door…and there w-was blood everywhere. He was… lying in a pool of it on the-and the floor was so…red. I'm sorry.” Mrs. Tanaka finished relating her story to the head officer and dissolved back into broken sobs.
 
“Well that's an awfully interesting story Mrs. Tanaka, but I still have some questions to ask you. Such as, why did you move the body?”
“I ran over to him to check for a pulse, at first I thought… he was still alive, but wh-when I got closer…”
 
“You were the first person on the scene, and you moved the body, that's very suspicious to me.” Mrs. Tanaka's shoulders tensed, and her breath caught in her throat.
 
“You couldn't possibly think-”
 
“Officer Hartwell! We found another possible victim, she's in the kitchen.” Officer Hartwell and Mrs. Tanaka rushed into the kitchen, and found a young women lying on the floor.
 
“Emiko!” Mrs. Tanaka gasped.
 
“You know this women,” Officer Hartwell asked.
 
“I do. She is my husband's morning receptionist. We have been friends since he started his new office here. I don't know what she's doing here though.”
 
“Officer. Who found this women?”
 
“Well sir…” Hartwell's underling ruffled through some papers. His face scrunched up, brows knit in concentration. “Well a Richard Moore, sir.”
 
“Where is this Moore? I want to speak with him.” No sooner had Officer Hartwell finished his sentence than Richard made a sudden, and rather inexplicable, entrance into the room.
 
“Did someone ask for me?” Richard smiled indulgently at his would-be audience.
 
“Yes I did. Are you the person who discovered the body?” Officer Hartwell turned, stony faced, towards Richard.
 
“I did sir, and if you ask me, I think we have double murder on our han-”
 
“And who are you to say that?” Officer Hartwell interrupted.
 
“Well I'm glad you asked, I am the famous Detective Richard Moore.” The rest of the room stared at him blankly, with dull fish like eyes.
 
“Surely, you've heard of me? I solved that television station murder.”
 
“Hmm. So you're that Detective Moore. Well since you're here, you can assist us in our police work. But, hear me out Moore, get in the way or compromise this investigation, and I'll have you keel-hauled so fast you won't have the time to do your famous fainting routine. Got me?” Officer Hartwell punctuated his last sentence with a point of a finger and flying spittle.
 
“ I hear ya loud and clear, and I promise I'll have this case solved by the end of the night.” Richard posed with a look of grim determination on his face. Mrs. Tanaka walked towards Emiko's pale body.
 
“Alright Moore, you can start by checking with all the officers taking inventory, so you can look at the evidence. Make sure you wear gloves before you touch anything!”
 
“Don't patronize me, I was a police-”
 
“Officer! Emiko's still breathing! I think she's coming to.” The room was suddenly filled with half the house's occupants, with the two detectives pushing their way to the front. There was an uproar of noise as the combination of police and civilians crowded to get a view of the women lying on the kitchen's granite tile.
 
“Emiko. Emiko wake up dear.” Mrs. Tanaka shook her semi-conscious friend in an attempt to rouse her further.
 
“Er…um. What's going on?” Emiko grabbed her head and slowly pushed herself into a sitting position with Mrs. Tanaka's help.
 
“Quiet! Quiet everyone. Officers get these civilians out of here. You, ” Officer Hartwell pointed to one of the many scurrying subordinates, “ Call that ambulance and tell them to high tail it! We have a live one here.”
 
“Yes sir.” Officer Hartwell paused in his order-giving tirade,
 
“Now Emiko, that is your name correct?”
 
“I… um. Yes sir.”
 
“Good. Now do you think you can tell me where you are? “ Officer Hartwell started flashing a light in her eyes.
 
“ I believe I am in my employer's house in Kita, right outside Osaka. I can't quite recall how I got here…do you think you can stop flashing me with that light?” Emiko frowned and shielded her eyes from the handheld flashlight Officer Hartwell was brandishing.
 
“Well your pupil reaction times seem to be fine. Let me take a look at-”
 
“Ms. Emiko! What is your relationship to the victim, and what are you doing bleeding in his kitchen!” Richard brazenly interrupted.
 
“I…I mean.” Emiko held her head.
 
“Damn it Richard! She's an injured witness, and our only one. I'm warning you, mess this up and-”
 
“She's the prime suspect in murder case and-”
 
“She wasn't even in the same room! And she has a bullet wound to her thigh. You expect me to believe she over powered a man twice her size and shot him?”
 
“You don't need to be strong to shoot someone, just fast.”
 
“Oh really? With what weapon Mr. Moore? She doesn't have a gun anywhere near her and neither did the victim, and with her leg in this condition there's no way she could have run and hidden it. Now do me a favor and observe quietly, while I see if I can attend her wounds somehow.”
 
“I'm here to help you by your request. If you'd just let me-” Richard and Officer Hartwell continued arguing their points.
 
`Sounds like Richard has already gotten into an argument with the lead detective on the case. In his defense this took longer than usual.' Jimmy reflected. A lopsided grin graced his face. The din of hurried voices had finally faded into a hush of whispers. Only a few of the remaining lead officers and members of the group that had traveled from Beika remained in the house . Taking stock of the remaining group of people loitering around the inside of the house, Jimmy's eyes traveled to the place the body was found. `What's this?' Jimmy walked over to examine the area around the body. White chalk defined the area where Eiji Tanaka died, showing the exact placement of his limbs. Blots of black and brown blood covered the region around the chalk, in the relative position it had oozed out of the doctor's dying body. `There are bullet holes all around here. From the muzzle flash, they were shot at point blank range. Someone must have really wanted him dead to shoot so close, but either they have bad aim, or-'
 
“They were trying to miss.” Candace stood smiling behind Jimmy. “At least that's what I think. Don't you?” She leaned down next to him and pointed to three holes shot haphazardly around the victim's limbs. “These are nowhere near the actual body. They are close enough for someone to have been aiming in his general direction, but they definitely weren't trying to hit him.” Candace finished her deduction and crouched in silence next to Jimmy.
 
“Well I concluded the same thing, from slightly different clues, but still the same. If you ask me, this whole thing is off. The door was open when Mrs. Tanaka got here, but there is no sign of forced entry. In fact, from what the officer's said, there's no sign of forced entry anywhere in the house. The police are thinking a break-in, but it doesn't feel right, and these bullet holes are just more proof of that.”
 
“ It was open? Huh. We-” Candace was cut short by one of the few remaining officers,
 
“You kids get away from there! You could destroy some evidence.” He screamed and waved a fist at them, before sprinting towards the crime scene. Jim's eyes got wide behind his glasses.
 
“ Come on!” He grabbed Candace's wrist and practically picked her off the ground in his rush to get away. The two settled across the room from the main crime scene, and shared a look over the enthusiastic officer.
 
“Conan! Candace! Get over here.” Rachael motioned widely with her arms. “You two shouldn't be messing with evidence and getting in the way.” Rachael looked around for a few seconds before adding, “You don't happen to know where my dad is?”
 
“Well if you don't want my help, then I'll be happy to leave!” Richard declared before stomping from the kitchen and into the foyer again. Officer Hartwell, Mrs. Tanaka, and Emiko followed him.
 
“You're not going anywhere Moore! Not until I get a statement from everyone here.” Officer Hartwell turned to address the small group of people left standing in the devastated house. “Everyone left here is either directly related to the deceased or the last people to have had contact with him. Now no one here is being suspected of anything, but in order to find out who perpetrated this heinous crime we need as much information as we can get. No one is allowed to leave until we get everyone's statements, so we'll try to get this done quickly. My assistant and the secondary officer for this case,” Hartwell nods towards a black haired man with a clipboard, “is Officer Mackavitch. He'll be taking down all of your statements for use later. Officer Mackavitch, if you could review all the pertinent evidence for me and… Mr. Moore.” Officer Hartwell groaned out Richard's name and rubbed the bridge of his nose; he was getting annoyed.
 
“Certainly sir. We arrived on the scene at 6:00pm after a call from this residence at 5:15pm. When we arrived we collected evidence from all of the rooms, the most important evidence is as follows:
The gun used to shot the victim, from the bullets recovered, was a .45 caliber gun of some make and model. There were 5 round fired. Two into the victim's back and three into the area were the victim was standing. The house is in disarray and appears have been ransacked. From this information, and the fact that no doors or windows were broken into and the alarm was off, we have concluded it was a high-end robbery gone wrong. The time of death for the victim was estimated to be 2-3 hours ago.”
 
“Thank you Officer Mackavitch. I'd like to start taking statements from everyone. If we could start with Mrs. Tanaka then go counter-clockwise, we'll have everyone out of here quickly. Just for the record start your name, age, profession, and relation to the deceased.” Officer Hartwell nodded towards Mrs. Tanaka to start.
 
“My name is Atsuko Tanaka and I'm 42 years of age. I work at Nikken Sekkei Ltd. and am Eiji's wife. Like I've told several officers, I left today with my husband around 7:30 this morning. I got to work and called him a little before lunch. Finally, I left my office in the Osaka world trade center around 4:00 this afternoon, and got to my house around five o'clock.”
 
“Was there anything unusual-”
 
“No Officer Mackavitch, like I've said at least a dozen times already, nothing unusual happened today. I left for work, had lunch, met up with friends, and drove home, nothing else.”
 
“Mrs. Tanaka there is no need to be hostile. I have to ask several questions for the record, it would help immensely if you were to calmly-”
 
“Calmly!” Mrs. Tanaka shrieked. “ I just found my husband dead in the foyer and you expect me to answer questions like a robot? How many times to I have to tell you nothing unusual happened today. This could be any other day… except my Eiji`s…” tears began rolling down Atsuko's face.
 
“Alright. We understand Mrs. Tanaka. We will try to keep this brief. Just a few more questions.” Officer Hartwell dipped his head towards Officer Mackavitch again. “Please continue.”
 
“There were no problems in your relationship?”
 
“None. We were getting ready to celebrate our 20 year anniversary.”
 
“I understand you have a son Mrs. Tanaka,” Officer Mackavitch paused and glanced around the room, “you wouldn't happen to know were he is?”
 
“My son, Hideki, is supposed to be at a friend's house. I called him an hour ago, but his friend lives nearly an hour and a half away with no traffic. He'll get here as soon as he can I'm sure.”
 
“Thank you Mrs. Tanaka. One last question: no one else has a key to your house?”
 
“Other than Eiji and myself, our son does.”
 
“No maids or gardeners or any other personnel?”
 
“No officer, my husband prided himself on taking care of everything himself. As well, he refused to pay for any, so no one but family members had access to the house.” Officer Mackavitch nodded and wrote down the information.
 
“I'm going to hand you a list of items the officers found in the house, if you could name anything that is missing, we could monitor the black market for their appearance. It might help us solve this faster.” Officer Mackavitch handed over several pieces of paper to Mrs. Tanaka. After a few moments of scanning the paper, Mrs. Tanaka's eyes lit up.
 
“There's nothing missing.”
 
“Excus-”
 
“Officer there's not a thing missing on this list, and as far as my memory is concerned, this is everything we own. I'm afraid that the thief wasn't very good.”
 
“I would venture to guess being caught spooked him. If your husband caught the thief in the act, then he might've just run off before anything could be taken. No crook would stay behind where there is a murder scene.” Richard interjected.
 
`Nothing was stolen? Something isn't right here. If the crook were violent enough to try and kill two people, why would he be too scared to stick around and continue stealing? Especially if none of the neighbors came to investigate. This is looking less like a robbery and more-' Officer Mackavitch's voice interrupted Jimmy`s thoughts,
 
“Thank you Mrs. Tanaka, that's all we need. If we have any further questions we will call later in the investigation. My next questions are to-”
 
“Mom what the hell happened to our front lawn!”
 
“Hideki! There you are.” All eyes turned towards the foyer. A young man in a navy Armani suit with white pin stripes burst through the front door.
 
“Ah. So you're Tanaka, Hideki?” Richard queried.
 
“Not now Richard,” Officer Harwell slid him a sidelong glance.
 
“Mr. Tanaka, where were you?” Eyes followed him through the room, as Hideki stalked to a place beside his mother.
 
“I was at a friend's house past Minami; I got here as fast as I could! If you don't believe me, call her.” Hideki sneered at Officer Hartwell. He rummaged through his pockets before pulling out his phone.
 
“Here's her number, it is number 3 on my speed dial.” Hideki tossed the mobile across the room, only to have Richard intercede between it and Officer Hartwell.
 
“So if I called her right now, she'd say you were with her since-” Richard looked the phone over, and went to press the redial button.
 
“Hold on now Mr. Moore! If he really did stay with her, then it'll keep. We'll keep the phone, so he can't contact her. If her story matches his then, it'll do so even after a few minutes.” Officer Hartwell said.
 
“Why wait? If-”
 
“The next person to speak is Ms. Emiko, and she's currently trying to not bleed out on the floor. Do you think we could take her statement before the paramedics have to take her to the hospital.” Richard look miffed at having been foiled in his attempt at detective work, and preceded to try and place the cell in his pocket. “ Hold on, hand that over to Officer Mackavitch. He'll get that catalogued while I take down Ms. Emiko's statement.” Officer Hartwell finished, and took the clipboard from his subordinate. “Alright Ms. Emiko, please state your full name, profession, age, and relation to the deceased as Mrs. Tanaka did.”
 
“My name is Emiko Fujimoto. I am 25 years old and am the morning receptionist for Mr. Tanaka's practice.” Officer Hartwell made a non-committal noise about her information, and nodded for Emiko to continue. “ As far as I can remember everything was normal today. I got ready for work, arrived on time at-um- 8:00am, and then proceeded to work the first part of my shift till 11:00am. Mr. Tanaka invited me out for lunch-”
 
“And this is usual? For the two of you to be going to lunch together?” Emiko blinked, seemingly surprised about the question, before answering,
 
“No. He normally doesn't invite me anywhere. In fact, I would have declined had he not seemed so sick.”
 
“He was sick?”
 
“Yes. He had a cold I believe, he was coughing, had sniffles, the works, but as usual he came to work anyway. Mr. Tanaka had a great work ethnic. He was not one to let a little something like a cold get him down. I wasn't concerned, until after lunch. He got a fever. It was rather hi-high by my estimation. I um-…” Ms. Fujimoto paused in her recitation of her day, and held her head.
 
“Ms. Fujimoto?” Officer Hartwell prompted.
 
“I'm sorry, it's just a headache- Where wa-Yes. We headed towards his home in Kita by cab. He was feeling worse the longer the cab ride went, but he kept insisting he was fine. I knew enough about medicine from my years working with him, that a good day's rest at home was needed, but he was so stubborn…I'm sorry. I'm rambling…”
 
“That's fine. Just take your time, and tell me everything you can remember. What happened after you arrived at his place? And please tell me the approximate time.”
 
“Yes well, we got here around 2:45pm. After I got E- Mr. Tanaka settled, I called into the Office to inform them, that he wouldn't be returning to work today due to illness.”
 
“And what happened after that?”
 
“Well, I finally got him into bed in his room upstairs then went back down stairs to call Mrs. Tanaka when I heard the alarm deactivate. Mr. Tanaka heard it as well, and came down the stairs to see if it was me. He got to the kitchen, where I was, then we heard someone banging around in the front of the house. Ei- Mr. Tanaka went to investigate…
 
`That's the second time she's almost called Mr. Tanaka by his first name. When would she have had time to get so close to him? I suppose it could be nerves. She's shaking like a leaf in the wind. Her employer just died, that must be what's causing the informality of it all. Her legs isn't bleeding very much anymore, must not have been serious. Her hair and make-up is flawless. She isn't all that bad looking for someone in her profession. Why is she…' Candace carried on with her perceptive mental ramblings as Emiko continued,
 
“He told me to stay in the kitchen while he found out what was going on. It all happened so fast after that, there were sounds of a struggle, then a loud crash. Then someone screamed, I think it was the burglar, and …and then-” Emiko started to cry.
 
“Take your time, I know this must be hard to relate.” She sniffed then wiped her face.
 
“Excuse me, I'll continue. There were shots fired, I'm not sure how many. At first I was frozen, I was so scared…then I heard Eiji scream. Before I could even move, the burglar was running in my direction. He saw me, then pointed the gun…I tried to get away but my leg…After that I can't remember much, I recall laying on the ground in pain, and then the world got dim, I thought for sure I was going to die.” Emiko looked down.
 
“Is that all you can remember?” Officer Hartwell asked. Emiko's head snapped up.
 
“No. His face, I couldn't see it because he was wearing a mask, but I remember the mask. It was white; it looked like a skull. I think it was to scare anyone if they were still in the house; I know I was frightened stiff.”
 
“Thank you Ms. Fujimoto, do you think you can remember the assailants height and build?”
 
“Yes. He was about 5'9” or maybe 10, he wasn't too big, not thin either. Um, I'm sorry that's not very specific.”
 
“No that's fine, anything can help us.” Officer Hartwell offered. “Anything else you can remember?”
 
“I'm afraid that's it.”
 
“I have a question, Ms. Fujimoto.” Richard interrupted. “Yeah, how did Mr. Tanaka get down stairs, past the burglar, and into the kitchen, if the stairs are in this room?”
 
“I can answer the detective.” Mrs. Tanaka drew the room's attention. “There's another staircase in the back of the house near the master bedroom. It leads right into the kitchen after a short walk in the back hallway. My husband must've used those stairs since they were closer.” Richard's scrunched up his face; at having lost what he thought was a hole in Emiko's story.
 
“Well that solves that mystery.” Officer Hartwell turned towards Mrs. Tanaka's son, “Hideki Tanaka, do you think you could give us your statement now?”
 
“Yeah sure. So I woke up today, same time as usual, then went to school. Had lunch, and met this babe and got her number. Then school got out, and I went over to my friend's house in Minami to study. Then my mom called me, and I came over here as soon as I could. That's it.”
 
“Do you think you could add times to that story?” Officer Mackavitch said, while taking the clipboard from Officer Hartwell.
 
“And some more detail would be nice as well.” Richard added. Hideki rolled his eyes, and then sighed.
 
“ Yeah fine whatever. I got up around 6:30 and left the house around 7:00. I got to school and was on time, so that's 8:00am. I had lunch off campus at like 11:30am, and then school got out at like 3:30pm. I got to Minami around like 4:30pm and-”
 
“Why'd you head all the way out to Minami when there was company coming for dinner?” Richard interrupted again.
 
“Well I didn't know there was company coming, I just found out like, now that you told me. I always go over to her house to study after school on Wednesday, and you can ask her when you call.”
 
“Fine fine. Let me go over this to make sure we have this right. You woke up and left the house before 8, nothing unusual happened, got to school around 8, went to lunch around 11:30am, and came back to school. School gets out then you get to your friend's house around 4:30. Your mother calls you…” Officer Mackavitch trails off. “ Yeah at like 5:30.”
 
“How'd you get from Minami to here in an hour? Richard asked suspicious. Hideki grinned, then pointed a finger outside.
 
“See the little beauty in the driveway? She's mine; gets a top speed of 200 mph too. That's how I got here.” Richard looked up at the ceiling while he did mental math.
 
` Taking him longer than it should, what's wrong old man, math skill slipping? Or maybe it's the booze that hasn't gotten out of your system?' Jimmy thought cynically. Richard frowned when he realized it was possible. Then shoved his hands into his pockets.
 
“I guess you weren't kidding when you said `As fast as I could'.”
 
“Why would I be?! Some bastard just killed my father, and you expect me to be pleasure driving?” Hideki barked back at Richard.
 
“Alright Mr. Tanaka we get it. We've got your statement; we just need to verify your alibi. She's number three you said?” Officer Hartwell took the phone from it's plastic baggie after he slipped an a pair of gloves.
 
“ Yeah that's her, just hit the number three then the call button.”
 
“Hey, I know how to work a cell phone kid.” Officer Hartwell started to walk into the other room.
 
“I'll take this call in the other room. I don't want her to over hear anything unnecessary. Officer Mackavitch, could you continue Mr. Moore next?”
 
“Certainly sir. Now Mr. Moore do you think you could-”
 
` Something about his story doesn't add up. The first part is fine, but when he got to the part about lunch…He was shaky on the details, well more than in every other part of his story, and his times don't make-God it's hot in here. You would think after all those police officers stopped running in and out the Air conditioning would have cooled this place down. Actually… If I remember correctly, it was hot when we first arrived. Even though Mrs. Tanaka had just opened the door, it was already steaming in here. With how rich the Tanaka's are I'm sure they run the A/C all day, so why isn't it-'
 
“Hey I didn't even know the guy! I just learned his name recently when I was doing a missing persons case for the Johanssons. Before that I didn't even know he existed.” Richard gruff cry roused Jimmy from he's musings.
 
“I see and who are the Johanssons?” Anthony Johansson raised his hand, and then pointed to his daughter.
 
“I'm Mr. Johansson, Officer, and this young lady down here is my daughter Candace.”
 
“I see. Mr. -”
 
“Where's your wife Anthony?” Richard's impatient words broke into Officer Mackavitch's sentence.
 
“She's…Victoria is, on business right now. I'm sure she'll be here soon.”
 
“I'm sure. Now Anthony-”
 
“Officer Mackavitch! Officer Hartwell!” an underling ran into the room carrying something in his hand. “Sir, We found this in an upstairs bedroom, I might also add it's the only room in the house that isn't ransacked.” The underling handed over an off-white mask.
 
“Officer, which room did you find this in?” Officer Mackavitch held out the article of cloth a few inches away from his body.
 
“I…the room had lot of rock poster in it and-”
 
“That's my room! If your dumbass touched anything I'll-”
 
“So you are sure it's your room?”
 
“Duh! Mine is the only room in the house that isn't this post modern furniture shit my parents like.”
 
“Well then I hope you can explain this.” Officer Mackavitch held out the piece of cloth. It was a black mask with a skull printed into the front.
 
“Sure I can, it's the mask for the Halloween costume I had last year. It glows in the dark, great for spooking folks.”
 
“And why was your room the only one not in disarray?”
 
“What are you getting at?”
 
“I'm-” Officer Mackavitch was interrupted by Officer Hartwell.
 
“You know I just got off the phone with that nice girl you told me to call. Kana is her name right?” Officer Hartwell didn't wait for Hideki to answer. “While she was polite, as soon as I mentioned you, she told me to tell you…what was it again? Ah yes, `You can tell that cheating bastard that I never want to see him again.' I asked the young lady if she has seen you today, and you know she told me you haven't been over to her place in two weeks, since she caught you with that other girl. Any chance you can tell me where you really were from 3:30pm till 6:30pm?”
 
“I-” Hideki started.
 
“Scratch that. Because after I called her, I called the school. Apparently, you didn't come back to school after lunch. So that's what? Since 12:30pm?
 
“I um…well-”
 
“You still haven't explained why your room is neat and why you have this mask. About how tall are you Mr. Tanaka?” Officer Mackavitch interceded.
 
“You know, maybe you could explain it down at the station. You can tell us all about it.” Officer Hartwell out his handcuffs.
 
“Now hold on a second I didn't kill anyone!”
 
“I'm sure. I hope you have a good lawyer, cause you're going to need it to talk your way out of this kid.”
 
“No wait I didn't kill my father! I didn't! You have to believe me! Mom!” Two of the subordinates hanging around grabbed Hideki from behind and began shoving him out the door. “No! Wait! This is a misunderstanding! I can explain this I swear, just let me-”
 
“Shut up kid, you have the right to remain silent, if you choose to wave the right, anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law…”
 
“Hold on, I didn't do it! I didn't.”
 
` Wait a minute, something doesn't make sense.' Jimmy thought while the officers fought to shove Hideki Tanaka out the door.
 
Atheria: Bah! Oh my god this chapter took forever to write. I had to go back and add stuff, and I had to make sure my logic was correct. Anyway, after this I'm taking a little break. Just a few days, before I start writing on this again. Tell me if you see any glaring logic issues, and of course, R & R. Please and thank you!