Count Cain Fan Fiction ❯ For Your Eyes Only ❯ Prologue: The Dream ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hello, and welcome to...(dun duh da duh)...Sairin's first ever fanfic! K, that sounded really corny...ah well. I gotta do legal stuff. :p
Disclaimer: I don't own the Cain Series, nor do I truly own the mysterious voice. (I can't tell you who it is, that would be spoiling the story!) I do, however, own Anna, and she is not to be used without my permisson. I may use other original characters, so those would be mine also. Now, shall we begin the symphony?
 
Prolouge
The Dream
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
She stared into the darkness, not quite sure why she was there.
"Am I dead?" she wondered aloud, hoping her question would not be answered.
"Of course not," said a voice dry and raspy, like dead leaves. "I merely wished to speak with you."
The girl sighed. "You again? Lovely...really, can't you leave me alone for a year without haunting me in my sleep?"
"You aren't asleep," the voice pointed out, with a hint of amusement. "You're unconscious."
"Same difference. Now, why am I here? And furthurmore, why haven't you shown yourself?"
It was the voice's turn to sigh. "As you wish."
Slowly, the darkness in front of her began to swirl. Out of it, a dark-robed figure began to materialize.
"What's this? Where's your trademark, D?"
"How many times have I told you not to call me that?"
"Too many to count." She giggled like a schoolgirl.
"Ugh, don't do that. Girly giggles annoy me..."
"Then tell me where I am."
"In front of me."
"My body, Einstein."
He grinned. "Now that...I cannot reveal."
The girl balked. "Why the crap not?!?!"
He grinned wider, stepped back, and let the darkness engulf him.
"Because, my dear, that would be cheating, and everyone knows you can't cheat Death..."
 
***
 
A tall, ash-blond man was walking the streets of London one night.
He was carrying a jar.
Within the jar?
A pair of eyes.
What did you expect?
Pickles?
Doctors don't need pickles.
He passed an alleyway.
Stopped.
Went back.
Did I see what I think I saw?
Yes, you did.
Draped across the piles of trash lay a girl.
She looked only nineteen.
He leaned down to examine her.
No scrapes, no bruises, no cuts...
Nothing.
She was just unconscious.
Hmmm...
I don't see why not...
After all, it would save her from a life of prostitution...
And I don't get to experiment much on females...
I will.
He picked her up.
Odd clothing...
She must be foreign.
He dragged her back to his living space.
He had no idea how much this girl would change his life.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Well? How was it? Be nice, for I am a lowly n00b.
Oh, and let's just say the ash-blond man was close to his place, not that he has super-human strength.
Anything I should change? Punctuation? Capitalization? Spelling? Tell me!