Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Never Lost, just forgotten ❯ Ghost ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey! What’s up guys? Well this is my first Cowboy Bebop fic so please be nice. Cowboy Bebop is one of my fav Anime of all time. So I hope you guys think I’m worthy to write my own.

The small room was dark and motionless. All that could be seen was darkness and a few contour lines of the furniture. The outline of a female body could be traced on the bed. She laid on her back her arms sprawled by her side and her legs slightly opened. The silence in the room was disturbed as a phone began to ring. Her arms fell down on her jacket and reached into her pocket pulling out a lighted phone. Her eyes slowly opened to expose jade colored eyes that wondered around aimlessly. She brought the phone to her face and looked at it for a moment before bringing it to her ear.

“Hey you there?” A rough voice asked from the other side of the phone.

She still kept silent even after the question.

“I know you there.” The voice said trying to coarse her into talking.

Still she said nothing.

“At least say something,” The voice said agitated as he waited for an answer, but none came.

“Fine, I just called to tell you about a bounty. You interested?” He asked curiously.

She shifted lightly and just held the phone to her ear.

“I guess that’s a yes since I can still hear you breathing. His name is Armon Ortega, killed seven people after he blew up an insurance building. He spends most of his time there on Mars. So you want the job.” He asked.

She looked at the phone again and a smirk appeared on her crimson lips before hanging up. She sat up and looked around the dark room as she stood up. She headed for the door but before she grabbed keys and a gun off the side table before she disappeared out the door. As she stepped out of the two-story building the soft breeze passed through her short almost black velvet violet hair that was held away from her eyes by a black headband. She wore a black short tight leather jacket that covered only up to her ribs. She also wore blue jeans where tight against her body that covered the top of her black stiletto boots. She strode over to a black motorcycle that was parked in front of the apartment. She climbed on, started the motor and drove off.

She drove for about twenty minutes before she came to an abrupt stop in front of a bar that displayed a sign “El Diablo’s”. She jumped off the bike and stepped into the bar. As she stepped into the bar, the smell of whisky and cigars whisked across her nose. She walked toward the bar she felt the men’s hungry eyes looking at her as she took a seat on the stool.

“Can I get you something?” The young bartender asked her with a warm smile. He had brown hair with the same matching eyes. She knew he didn’t belong there. She motioned for a drink on the counter.

“Bloody Mary coming up.” He stated pouring the drink in front of her.

“Armon Ortega” She stated

The boy pointed toward the back of the room. As she looked she noticed four men sitting at a round table.

“I’m looking for Armon Ortega.” She stated again this time out loud.

The men in the bar looked over at her questioningly. One of the men got up and walked over to her fixing his slicked black hair as he stopped until he stood next to her.

“I’m Armon Ortega.” He stated putting a grin on his face.

She looked at him from the corner of his eyes and made a slight grin.

“So how can I help you?” His husky voice bothering her ears.

“I don’t think you can.” The woman with the jade eyes gave a smirk before bringing the drink up to her lips and taking a sip.

“We’ll you must be looking for me for a reason.” The man with the greasy hair stated.

“I said Armon Ortega, not you grease ball.” She stated still not facing him.

“I don’t think you heard right.” The man said in an aggravated voice before reaching over and grabbing one of her arms.

The men in the bar began to smile and cheer him on when they noticed.

“I suggest you don’t do that.” She calmly stated.

“Let her go.” A voice behind them said.

She glanced sideways to catch a glimpse of a man short in stature with the same greasy hair as the one who was holding her. The man was tanned with a dark mustache.

“But boss” The other began.

“Let her go.” The other repeated.

He quickly took back his arm and stepped away from her. The other quickly moved toward her.

“I’m sorry about that, sometimes he can’t control himself around beautiful women.” He said slyly making her skin crawl slightly.

She turned around so she was facing him.

“So your Armon Ortega?” She asked with a smile.

“Yes, yes I am. How can I satisfy you?” He asked leaning in toward her with a smirk on

his face.

“I doubt you can.” She answered with a grin.

The man quickly became angry at her insult and reached for her neck. He grabbed her swan like neck tightly, but not tight enough so that she couldn’t talk.

“I wouldn’t be making funny comments if I were you “Bitch.” He said as he began to chuckle.

The word bitch made her cringe, but it still did not stop her from smiling.

“I think I know what can satisfy me though.” She said licking her lips seductively.

“Oh, and what’s that?” Ortega said with a wider grin.

Her hand quickly moved behind her and grabbed the gun from her waistband, which no one bothered to notice as she sat earlier. Cold steel quickly pushed against his forehead making him nervous.

“I think that little pretty bounty on your head can satisfy me plenty, don’t you think?” She said leaning in closer to him.

“You’re a-a bounty hunter.” He asked his voice starting to break. That was the last thing that was heard before the sound of a gun went off in the bar. She took her seat back at the bar as people ran past her and out the door. She looked over at the bartender who stood trembling in front of her.

“Hey kid, do me a favor and call the police, o.k.” She grabbed the rag in front of her and wiped off the splats of blood the landed on her flawless skin. “Oh, and another thing, go home to your mother. You shouldn’t be working at a bar like this at you age.” The boy nodded and ran toward the back. She looked down at her drink and took another sip.

Unrenowned to her a figure stood at the door looking at her contently.

“Was that really necessary?” A mans voice broke into her head.

Her eyes widened in shock and her body tensed, but she never turned to look toward the door. Her hand began to tremble as she placed it on the counter. “That voice” She said to herself. She looked down at her drink and picked it up. She poured it down making the back of her throat sting as it went down. She banged the glass on the table forcing her body to relax again.

“So, I see you’ve been busy.” The man spoke again.

She grabbed the gun off the table and pointed it at him without looking in his direction. The figure just stood there with a familiar smirk on his face. He walked over and sat a couple of stools away from her, the gun still pointed at him. He looked around curiously before grabbing a bottle of alcohol from over the counter. He popped the bottle opened and took a sip.

“Do you want?” He asked looking into the bottle than at her.

“Shut up and stop talking.” She ordered angrily.

“If you say so.” He said turning back to stare at the bottle.

She pulled the trigger back, the shot hitting the glass bottle he held. Glass and alcohol flew everywhere and spilled directly in front of him. He just sat there with a scolding look on his face.

“You didn’t have to do that, it was a perfectly good drink.” He stated.

“Why are you still talking? Your dead.” She stated blankly.

All he could do was look down at the mess around him; he knew this was hurting her.

“You died three months ago, so why are you here?” She asked pulling the trigger again but this time it hit a part of the counter in front of him.

“I wanted to see you guys.” He said in a low voice. She began to laugh hysterically.

“Faye?” The man’s voice began.

She shot another round, this time close to his hand. However the man never flinched.

“You stop right there, you have no right to say my name.” She got up out of her seat and walked out of the bar without even looking over to stare at him. As she reached out side she placed her gun on her waistband and drove off on her motorcycle.

The man sat there on the stool and reached over and grabbed another drink, before getting up himself and walking out.

She drove until she reached the two-story apartment again, and there she lay once again in the dark room of her apartment. Everything was just as the beginning, the darkness of the room, the shadows of the furniture and the outline of a body on the bed. The only difference that changed the feel of the room was the muffled sound of crying under a pillow, until her phone began to ring again and she brought it up to her ear.

“I collected the bounty. You didn’t have to kill him.” The voice on the other line sounded a bit agitated.

She laid there her breath shallow as tears fell from the corners of her eyes.

“The bounty on his head was lowered, I think they preferred him alive. Hey you there?” He asked.

She didn’t bother to answer him, as she was about to hang up he spoke again.

“He wants to talk to you Faye.” He said his voice sounding concerned.

“Ghost can’t talk.” She said angrily.

“Listen Faye, I know how you feel, I lost him too.” The man with the rough voice stated to her.

She lay there silently again, tears still falling.

“Faye, he really wants to talk with us, he’s here right now and…” He tried to finish.

“Stop.” She interrupted him. “Jet, open your eyes. He’s not real, and he died three months ago, he’s just nothing but a forgotten shadow.” With that she hung up and let the phone fall away from her ear, her tears never drying.

“He’s dead.” She said out loud to herself and the empty room before she rolled over to her side, once again the room filled with her concealed cries.