Crescent Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Darkening Moon ❯ Chapter 15

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wasn't going to post this until I finished Chapter 16, but that's not gonna happen for a bit because a) every time I try to write that chapter I'm listening to the Mitch Hedberg CD and can't stop laughing and b) I cannot write action
So here I am, giving you this to hope that you don't bother me for a while.
Go. Away.
But review my story.
That makes things come faster.
Side note: there is a reason Nozomu has not woken up yet. Don't know if it's vital to the story, but it makes my job a hell of a lot easier.
Another side note: Misoka does not have his powers. They know that.
Chapter 15
“What did you say?” Mitsuru asked, not able to believe his ears (A/N: I realized he had those cute pointy ears when he's about to transform. Damn, those ears are hot. What was I doing? Oh yeah, story.)
“No pulse, no breathing,” Misoka gave him a sharp glance, “To most, that's a sign of death.”
Akira (whom had been looking pitiful before) suddenly looked absolutely depressed.
“B-but,” he stuttered, “She can't be.”
“She is,” the fox demon said with a bitter coldness.
The werewolf's eyes swelled with tears, and he let out a small whimper. Mitsuru himself tried to fight back the teardrops threatening his stoic demeanor. He clenched his fists as he bit back his words.
Misoka straightened. “There is nothing we can do. For now, we must get back to the Moonshine.”
Mitsuru exploded. “What the hell do you mean there's nothing we can do?!”
“Do you think I'd be sitting here if there was?!” Misoka snapped right back.
A legitimate grow escaped Mitsuru's throat. “I am going to rip that bastards head off.”
“Don't act childish. More death will not help.”
“It'll sure make me feel a hell of a lot better.”
“Mitsuru, you can't just-”
“Fuck you, alright. I am tearing them to shreds whether you like it or not.”
Misoka hesitated. Yes, the tengu got angry with them constantly, but he had never gone as far as to cuss them out.
The hesitation was enough for Mitsuru to brush past him. He was determined to kill Hokuto and Keiko.
Misoka muttered a quick curse. He turned to Akira. “Get the princess and Nozomu to safety.”
“How are you going to stop Mitsuru without your powers?” he asked quietly, heaving Mahiru's body carefully onto his shoulder. No magic; no transformation.
“I'll figure something out.”
 
Mitsuru crept carefully into the room he had been held in. He saw neither human he sought (A/N: apparently the past-tense word for seek is not seeked). But he did notice a curtain in the corner most likely leading to another room. His suspicion was confirmed as Hokuto entered from it. Mitsuru instantly sped toward him, his speed aided by the wind, and grabbed Hokuto by the throat, slamming him against the wall.
“This is getting old,” the shaman croaked.
“Give me one reason why I shouldn't break your neck?”
“Mitsuru!” called a voice. (A/N: is it Mahiru? You never know…) He turned to see Misoka (A/N: ha! No it's not!) “Let go of the human.”
“No worries,” Hokuto said, “I'll free myself.” Misoka had aided as a distraction, and Hokuto used this to slam his legs into Mitsuru's chest.
The tengu stumbled back, his grip lax. The shaman sped for the nearest weapon, a sword with a power symbol inscribed into the blade. At an amazing speed, he swung his sword at Mitsuru.
At any other battle, Mitsuru would've found himself distracted by his anger, but this time, he focused with it. He was fighting for revenge, for life, and for Mahiru (A/N: oh the drama I write). No one was stopping him.
And as this gave him an edge in battle, it was sorely misplaced. For you see, Mahiru was not dead yet.
 
Akira had managed to find a safe place outside. He was currently sitting on a roof, trying to wake Nozomu with no result. At normal strength, the vampire could've awakened much earlier, but he had been living off liquids without the essential ingredient that supplied his strength. This sadly weakened him, and the spell that had placed him in the deep sleep was not so easily fought.
During the desperate attempt to awaken the vampire, Akira had failed to notice that Mahiru's body had begun to glow. Her hand twitched and slowly moved to her throat. Her eyes opened, but they were not the normal blue orbs; they were completely drowned in a white light. She lifted her head and glanced around, drinking in the surrounding sites.
Sadly, this was not Mahiru. Mahiru was tucked away in the back of her mind in the middle of a dream she had had often in the past week.
She was in a sea of pillows of every shape, shade, and size, completely alone except for one other personage: Mitsuru. Sometimes they talked, sometimes they goofed around, and sometimes they just curled up next to each other. At the moment, she was watching him sleep and cooing over how cute he was.
As for her body, it was being controlled by someone she was vaguely familiar with.
The minister of the left's princess.
It was time to put a stop to all this.
 
Yeah, she's alive. Man, you people just don't care that she died. You guys suck.
May I point out to all you non-believers, that this is in the back of the sixth “Crescent Moon” manga:
“But I must say, thank you very much for sticking it out to the end of the first part of `Crescent Moon.'”
Let me repeat: “first part
Which means there is more.
I'm gonna go dance now.
Man, fanfiction is screwed up now. I hate it.
May I also say that 13 people added this story to their favorites list. Why the hell am I only getting three reviews per chapter. Man you guys really do suck.
Anyway, review or fluffy bunnies will be at your door to annoy you for forever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever….:
animefreak54- When was the last time you updated? Update dammit! Maybe you're just not used to it. And thanx for the gift! I wuved it!
jesusgirl883- You did, I did, and now everybody's happy. Thanks for reviewing (unlike these other bastards that just won't.)
Fallen Angel Mitsu- He. Thanks.
silver kitsune6291- Finally! Someone who cares! Thank you!
rathgirl89- Yes! Someone else who cares! And thanks to that review, I decided to torture and take forever to update. He, I'm so evil.
Fallen Angel Mitsu- Ugh, no offense, but you people piss me off. Anyway, thanks!
tlpg92- Who said I was planning to? He he, you already know I am, `cause I just did!
Now, for couchpotatomaster, cubanitaaloloco, Just another hopless romatic, LilyoftheFlames, Momko-P, ne-ma-pa-sa-ra, PsYcHoWoLfIe, unknownangel, Wielder-of-the-Jagan, WildKat25/ShadowWolf13 I know some of you reviewed like once. I have an idea: REVIEW THE STORY!!!