Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction / Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Of Gods and Men ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Ohba and Obata own Death Note. J.K. Rowling owns Harry Potter. This non-profit, non-copyright infringing fanfiction belongs to me. Don't steal or sue! *Phantomness bows*
Chapter 3
 
The next assault was not long in coming. Admittedly, it had taken a few days for the Death Eaters to get back to Britain, report to Voldemort, and get permission to come back to Japan with reinforcements. Only this time they weren't quite looking for Kira.
They were looking for revenge.
 
Jugson had given them a good description of the man, and after spending several days looking through news reports, they had spotted Mikami. A bit of Imperio at his workplace had gotten his home address, and now, four of them were waiting outside his apartment.
It was time for a little payback.
 
Mikami was no fool. Ryuk had already warned him of the dangers awaiting him at home, and so, he was spending the night at Misa's apartment. Misa had not been too overjoyed when Light had showed up at the door with a `friend' in tow, but as he was an ardent Kira-supporter, she decided she could tolerate him for the time being.
The Death Eaters waited.
After several hours, Travers and Mulciber were both irritated, Jugson was practically asleep on his feet, and Malfoy was wondering why he had been put in charge of this operation. Of course it was good to have the Lord's faith, but even so…
“Will he really come?”
The pop of incoming Apparation startled them, as a man wearing the white robes of a Japanese ministry official appeared.
Malfoy lowered his wand, recognizing the man. “Iwaka Jun.”
“Yes.” The man agreed. “I had wondered…”
“Wands down.” Malfoy nodded to his compatriots. “Jun is one of our Master's loyal, though he wears not the colors. It was he who informed us of Kira's presence in Japan.”
“You have any news on this… Teru Mikami?” Travers queried.
“Mikami Teru.” Jun corrected. “Yes. His father was Mikami Masaaki.”
“Half-blood?” Mulciber contributed.
“Quite.” Jun nodded. “He seems to be a Squib, however, so it should not be too much trouble.”
“No Squib could kill Pettigrew from yards away without Avada Kedavra.” Jugson growled.
Jun's eyes widened. “What?”
“Ahh, you didn't give him Veritaserum?”
“No, though I was quite sure he wasn't lying. I am a passable Leglimens.” Jun spoke proudly. “But this is dire news indeed. He killed Pettigrew?”
“No flash of light, no incantation. But I saw his eyes. Those are definitely a killer's eyes. So unless he knows how to cast wordless, wandless Avada Kedavra, without a flash of light-.” Jugson was cut off as Malfoy smirked.
 
“Ah, Jugson. Don't you know?”
“Know what?”
“Aren't we here to search for Kira?”
Jun goggled. “Mikami… could he be Kira?”
“Why did you not think it?”
“We were not sure how Pettigrew died… it seemed like he'd just overexerted himself. But it fits, it fits.” Jun mumbled. “Kira strives to create a perfect world by killing criminals… with heart attacks...”
“And no sign of Avada Kedavra?”
“None at all.”
 
“Interesting. So we have a potentially dangerous half-blood who is possibly Kira.” Travers concluded. “Now… where do we find him?”
There was silence for a few minutes, as the Death Eaters digested this information. What to do?
“Jun.”
“Yes?”
“Tell me,” Lucius said. “Does this Mikami Teru have a file at your Ministry?”
Jun frowned. “Just his birth certificate.”
“It will do. I'll need you to bring it here to me.”
“… I can't do that.” The man stammered. “We're not allowed to remove them. There's a charm…”
“So rule-abiding?” Mulciber sneered. “Perhaps…” He raised his wand, Crucio on the tip of his tongue.
“Wait.” Lucius frowned. “I have another plan. As long as we have a sample of his hair, we can…” He idly cast a freezing charm at what was presumably a Muggle's primitive version of Sneakoscopes, before unlocking the door with a simple Alohomora and striding inside.
Inside, the house was quite neat and tidy. Purposefully moving for the bedroom, Lucius snatched up a hairbrush.
“Ahh… here we go…”
“What should we do now?” Travis asked, glancing around the Spartan furnishings with a look of distaste. It was so muggle.
“Might as well vent some frustration.” Jugson said, and proceeded to do just that. Moments later, they apparated to Mikami's current location.
 
Mikami was understandably startled when four masked men appeared in Misa's apartment. Misa gave a shrill scream, as one of the men grabbed her with a leer.
“Well, well…”
The prosecutor's mind went into overdrive. Since he couldn't see their faces, his Death Note wouldn't be very useful, and he hardly thought Ryuk would help him.
“Now.” Lucius said, as Travers leered at the helpless Misa-Misa, “Do I have the honor of speaking to Kira?”
Mikami shook his head.
“Pity then.” The blonde man said. “I was so hoping you'd have some information for us.” He lifted his wand, smiling. “Cruci-.”
“Stupefy!” Another voice yelled, a wave of red light blasting the man as he fell forwards, stunned. Mikami stared, seeing more people crowding into the apartment. An old, grizzled man with an electric-blue eye and a scarred face, a young, grey-haired man in shabby robes, and a girl with bubblegum-pink hair had appeared, followed by Kahori, Rodrigo, and Haruo.
One of the masked men cursed and sent a wave of silver light winking at the group. They dodged, but the floor splintered and Mikami nearly lost his balance as the shockwaves ripped through the building.
For a few minutes, only various jumbled words rang through the air, but finally, the masked figures retreated, bringing Jun with them. His cover had been blown.
“Its not safe for you here any longer, laddie.” Mad-eye Moody said. Meanwhile, Tonks was attempting to revive Misa with little success. Finally, she shook her head.
“We'll have to send her off to St. Mungo's - not sure what she was hit with, but Ennervate isn't working…”
“They're getting bolder.” Moody growled. “Ye'd best come with us.”
“I'm not leaving without my boyfriend. He may be in danger too.” Mikami lied through the skin of his teeth, hoping that Kira would forgive this trespass later.
“Does he live here?”
Mikami nodded. “But he's at work.”
“Well, we'll let you go pick him up then. Lupin, if you would go with him?”
The shabbily dressed man nodded, following Mikami down to his car. Ryuk was still chuckling.
Well, well. I think Light's desire to see the Wizarding World won't go unanswered after all…
 
End Chapter
Completed 7/10/07
Light: … Well, I don't think Mikami will be joining the Death Eaters
Phantomness: ^^