Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction / Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Of Gods and Men ❯ Chapter 9

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I wish I owned Harry Potter! HP belongs to Rowling, k? I'm a sucker for SSHP!
Disclaimer: Death Note belongs to Ohba and Obata, and Viz in the USA. This non-profit, non-copyright infringing fanfiction belongs to me under international copyright laws, since I wrote it, and taking it is plagiarism. Don't steal or sue! *Phantomness Bows*
Warnings: Deviation from HP canon
Chapter 9
 
Madame Pince was singularly unhelpful, but he did manage to scrounge a few newspapers from the Muggle Studies teacher. They were months old, but it was enough for him to grasp a little about Kira, although not much more than Hermione had stated earlier - that Kira killed with heart attacks and could kill from a distance.
He really, really hoped Kira hadn't joined Voldemort.
The thought that he could die from a heart attack any moment was very disturbing! Harry shuddered, and tried hard not to think about it.
 
Mikami stifled a moan as cool fingers slid down his chest. “Kira-sama…”
There was really no more that needed to be said.
Lord Voldemort. It was no doubt a pseudonym, but finding information on him in the Black Family Library had been unsatisfying.
If only Mikami could see his face…
 
The problem was that the Dark Lord would most likely shoot first, and ask questions later. He'd no doubt be twitchy, to say the least, that all of his loyal Death Eaters were dead. Showing up announced was suicide.
Light wasn't that foolish.
Ryuk wouldn't help, being as he minded his own business. Moreover, even if Ryuk knew Voldemort's true name, Shinigami rules prevented him from telling.
Even if Ryuk stalked Snape to meet Voldemort, they would need his face too.
Kira felt frustrated.
 
Normally, he'd be throwing a not-so-quiet hissy fit (or at least that was what Ryuk called it), but he was still in the Black family house and giving away needless information was not an option.
Sirius was subdued, though Light chalked it up to inaction.
Even if the supporters were dead, Voldemort himself was a thorn in his side. The young man growled in frustration.
Mikami shivered, feeling the tangible anger in his Master's touches.
His pet prosecutor was far too valuable to discard. Takada was useless, Misa was still in a coma at that magical hospital, and he did not have any other pawns. Light would never make the eye trade him self, not when another would gladly do so.
 
He gave the older man a look. The meaning was clear.
Mikami slid out of his clothing, as Light smirked.
 
Severus Snape was in an ill temper when he flooed into the Black house. He was in no mood to hear any of Sirius Black's jibes. He stormed up the stairs to the room where their `guests' were staying, fully intent on giving them a piece of his mind.
Damn Albus! He was always forced to deal with the mistakes the old man made.
Dumbledore could be a conniving snake when necessary, but why did he insist on keeping his hands clean for show?
It was a fruitless endeavor, and it rankled.
 
The Headmaster stroked his beard as he considered. He knew not how many pieces of his soul Voldemort has split.
Harry had destroyed Tom's diary in the Chamber of Secrets, though at that time, he had not known the full importance of his actions.
There were still other pieces out there.
Were the leads true or false? He fervently hoped the astronomical number of fifteen he had heard whispered from one nameless source had been a red herring.
Fifteen… pieces…
Undoubtedly, Voldemort was not human at this point, but the splitting of a soul that many times… disaster!
He sighed.
 
Snape froze as the scene on the bed came into view. Light looked singularly annoyed, while Mikami's eye twitched. Twice.
Leaving the room's occupants in their state of dishabille, he slammed the door shut and frowned.
Albus and his damned charity cases!
Exactly what help these men would be searching for Horcruxes he knew not. One was practically a Squib, and the other had delusions of grandeur that almost made Voldemort look sane!
It was possible they had traded one enemy for another.
No, Severus did not enjoy this state of affairs at all.
 
By the time the room's occupants were dressed and somewhat more presentable, Severus was pacing downstairs. He had ignored the niceties of tea and biscuits. That was Albus's forte.
“Since the inactivity in this house has caused the Headmaster some distress, he has ordered me to accompany you on a dangerous quest.” He drawled sarcastically.
Light raised an eyebrow.
Certainly, Dumbledore did not trust them. He did not trust Dumbledore either. The hook-nosed man was competent, frighteningly so compared to his boss, and he reminded him of L.
The last thing he wanted was an Avada Kedavra in the back.
 
Mikami stiffened slightly, taking the cue from his god.
“Is there any insurance?”
“Insurance?” Snape frowned.
“This seems too contrived,” Light crossed his arms. “It is well-known that your Headmaster is not so much the fool he looks. You, Severus Tobias Snape, are his spy and Potions Master - and rightfully so. Compared to the pack of blithering fools he employs, only you, or perhaps that man, Mad-Eye, that we met earlier, would have no compunctions with murder.”
Amber eyes drilled into onyx. For several minutes, the room was silence save for their breathing.
“No doubt all your cards are on the table as well, Yagami… or should I say, Kira?” Snape stuck out his hand. “Fair as fair does. I'll not fear for my life either.”
Light considered the offer, and then took it. “Perhaps this partnership may be beneficial.”
“I have no desire to see the Dark Lord rule, and I am not a soft-hearted old coot either.” The Potions Master replied dryly. “We shall see.”
“Indeed.”
 
End Chapter
Started 12/1/07
Completed 6/13/08
Timeline referencing is such a bitch…
Okay, I seriously am not sure where to go. I really thought the idea of Horcruxes in Book 7 was ridiculous, and that Rowling just needed some way to wrap things up. The sappy, happy ending was cavity-inducing, and the idea that the author can write angst or romance - um, no. No skills even for PWP whatsoever. So screw the Horcruxes, because there won't be seven here. It doesn't work with this scenario.
By the way, are Dumbledore and Snape IC?
I think Snape and Light would snipe at each other, and Snape is definitely darker than Dumbledore! In my opinion, he's not afraid of getting his hands dirty.
I like Snape, and Bastard! Snape rocks too.