Cyborg 009 Fan Fiction ❯ In this place I once died ❯ Nothing is what it use to be ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

In this place where I once died

By: Immortal Sadness

Author note: I have only begun watching the Cyborg 009 on Cartoon network and have been trying to find the videos. I noticed there aren't that many 004 stories and he's my favorite person/dude on the team. Well right up there with Jet. So here is my contribution to the world of Cyborg 009. This is a Joe (009) and Albert (004) FRIENDSHIP story. No yaoi or anything gross like that. FRIENDSHIP!

Summary: Albert is annoyed with the life he and the other Cyborgs are living, the non existing action allowing thoughts of a life past to come back. He decided to go back to him home for a while, to get back to his native culture and see how much it has changed. Yet can this prove more dangerous to the German Cyborg than helpful?

Chapter one: Nothing is what it use to be

Albert's POV

The sounds of laughter and talk filters into my ears as I begin to awaken from my slumber. Muttering in German I lever myself up off the twin bed I slept on and stretched, hearing the vertebrae in my back pop and snap back into place. Throwing on a tank top I head down stairs, preparing myself to face the rest of the Cyborgs I have grown to love as a family. Going into the kitchen I take a seat at the large harvest table, casting still sleepy eyes around at the others. Francoise Arnoul or better known as Cybrog 003 is holding young Ivan in her lap while feeding his with a bottle. Next to her sits Pyunma, the dark-skinned warrior is talking amicably with the French girl about something. Across the kitchen stands two other people, Chang Changku, or resident cook was arguing with our entertainer, Great Britain or G.B to the rest of us. Leaning back in my chair I look into the living room, seeking out the other two members of our team, or rather three. On the couch sits Geronimo Junior, his large mass making the couch bow slightly. On the floor I can make out the voices of Joe, the youngest and newest member and Jet, our bird. They are playing some sort of Playstation game with guns and planes.

" Good Morning Albert." I bring the legs of my chair back on the ground at Chang's voice. Turning to the cook I nod, mumbling a morning.

" What would you like for breakfast? I'm cooking some eggs and sausage over here." He begins but I hold up my human hand to stop the pudgy man.

" I'll make myself a breakfast." The cook's face falters slightly and turns back to the griddle before taking the eggs off and putting them onto plates. Grabbing two slices of bread and popping them into the toaster I make sure the gauge is set to the highest it can go before taking out the butter and raspberry jam. The other three members of the team scramble into the kitchen at the yell of `breakfast' from the cook. Each takes a seat and begins passing the ketchup and stuff around. My toast pops and I quickly butter and jam the now blackened bread before reseating myself at the table with my cup of black coffee. Tearing off a piece I pop it into my mouth and ignore the stares of the others as they watch me eat my breakfast. Sipping my coffee I look up to find all the others just gaping at me.

" What?" I mutter and take another part of the toast and munching on it. Pyunma cringes and looks away, as Jet pokes at my toast.

" It's all burnt? How can you eat this?" I shoot him a glare and move my toast further away from his probing finger.

" I happen to like it." I tell the American who sticks out his tongue and wrinkles his beak like nose.

" You must not have taste buds man. That's just not right." Jet shakes his head and pours more red ketchup over his eggs before shoveling it into his mouth.

" Lay off him guys. To him the stuff you eat is odd. It all depends on what you grew up with." Fran says, I have always liked her, always the voice of reason. Being the only female in the group Fran has learned how to play with the boys and not become easily intimidated by anything said.

" Still that's just wrong. He even drinks his coffee black!" Jet exclaims over his eggs and I roll my eyes, tired about being talked about like I'm not even there. Getting to my feet I throw the remains of my blackened breakfast out and leave the room without a word. I head back up to my room, changing into a running uniform that wouldn't get me arrested. Long white shirt and silver jogging pants cover my steal parts while a pair of black Oakly's cover my abnormal eyes along with black leather gloves. Pulling a hat over my head I go back down stairs and pass the kitchen before going out the front door. I am about to start my daily run when a voice behind me makes me turn around. Seeing Joe all ready to run I hold up for the younger boy.

" I want to run with you." He says and I nod before taking off, my long stride carrying me a few good lengths before I turn into a secluded part of our property. This trail goes through the woods, creating a nice place to jog and even walk without being noticed. Yet I don't take the chance of being scene and cover myself up. Joe is laboring beside me, his breathing harsh and uneven and I slow, jumping a branch on the ground. Joe tries to do the same and he falls, hitting the ground solidly on his knees. I stop and resist the urge to laugh at the scowling boy.

" Where did you learn to run that far without being winded?" He asks as I help him to his feet. I smile and lead him over to the small stump where he rolls up his pant leg so I can check the knee.

" Running from angry bakers and cops when I was a boy." I muse and Joe snickers.

" Your knee is fine. It will have some bruising but nothing to serious." I tell him and Joe rolls down his pant leg and stands up.

" Can we walk back?" He asks sheepishly and I smile, knowing that the younger wouldn't be able to keep up with me. I make my way back up the path, allowing myself the joy of the breeze and sunlight.

" Why did you want to come with me Joe?" I suddenly ask, pulling up short to look at the now guilty-faced cyborg.

" Well Fran was worried about. Said you weren't acting like yourself, I guess you seem a little… stressed if not unhappy to her." I nod, Fran has such a big heart and shouldn't be worrying over me. Some where I feel very touched by this but don't say anything.

" I have been a little unhappy. I miss doing all the things I use to and having such a quiet life right now just brings all that longing back." I explain before continuing to walk.

" What kind of things would you be doing if you were still… you know." He asks and I smile at the skip of the word `human'. Glancing down at my hands I sigh and stare ahead of me.

" Walk among people without having to hide under long sleeves and gloves. Swim without worrying about rusting." Joe laughs but it is the truth. Chlorine will make the older metals on my body rust faster and cause me extreme pain so I avoid that kind of high content where I can. Showering is a different matter since that is a controlled amount of chemical.

" I would love to see you and Jet get into a jumping contest." Joe laughs and I smile.

" If he challenges me in a lake or river I'll take him up on that." I laugh and basically lower my eyes to the ground before continuing, serious

" I would be dead if I wasn't turned into a Cyborg." Joe turns wide eyes on me and I glance over at him.

" I was left to die when I was shot after Hilda and I crashed the truck we were driving to escape from East Germany. If it wasn't for Black Ghost I would be with my wife and not living a meaningless life as a machine." I growl the last part and stalk faster up the path, not wanting the younger boy to see my anger and hatred for myself. Joe keeps right up with me, his stride as determined as mine.

" Look Albert I wish I could tell you I know how you feel, but I don't. I too lost someone very important to me and I really wish that I were never given a chance as a Cyborg. Some days I just want to turn back time so I can leap off that cliff and hit the rocks. Then I think about all the things I would have missed out on. This friendship and meeting the rest of you, fighting along side people I admire and love. I wouldn't give this up for anything." He says and I stop turning to look at him. His wide naïve eyes staring at me intently and I feels so old compared to him, so worn.

" That's the difference between you and I. I would give this all up to die along side my wife in my home. I would do anything." I turn as I feel sadness flooding my usually neutral eyes. Walking down another pathway I leave Joe standing there, not caring of the younger Cyborg wants to help. Whenever anyone wants to help I always seem to get screwed in the end. Always.

Uh… review? Please? More soon!