D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ Autumn Colors ❯ Autumn Colors ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]
Disclaimer: DNAngel belongs to Yukiru Sugisaki, not me. I own nothing.

Summary: Satoshi watched the autumn leaves fall, thinking quietly of his secret crush. The leaves were the color of his hair. One-sided Satoshi x Daisuke, Daisuke x Riku!

A/N: So, this is my second DNAngel fic. Hopefully not too short. Heh. There is hinted boy love in this (although it's one-sided), so hit the back button if that isn't your thing. But if you read it and actually liked it, review! <3 Ja!

-----

*~Autumn Colors~*



The bell chimed loudly, signaling the end of class and the start of lunch. Satoshi walked by himself down the halls, bag lunch in his hand, heading towards the doors that lead outside. Autumn had sprung outside, and the leaves had turned a beautiful orange-red. He could see the trees outside through the windows as he passed them. He paused at the doors, hand resting on the metal bar. The autumn leaves reminded of someone he knew. Satoshi watched the autumn leaves fall, thinking quietly of his crush. The leaves were the color of his hair.

Shaking his head, the teen pushed the door open and felt the cool air rush over his face. It smelled like pine and the leaves that rustled across the ground. Satoshi shook his head again, trying to clear his thoughts from the love that would never be.

'How will you ever know unless you take a chance?' Krad said softly in the recess of the teen's mind. Satoshi just shook his head and pushed the angel's voice away. How could he take a chance when the object of his affection loved someone else?

"Daisuke!" Satoshi's head snapped in the direction of the voice, and saw Riku Harada running up to the red haired teen. The blue haired teen felt his insides coil up as the two shared a kiss underneath one of the leafless trees. "Do you want to go on a date tonight? How about that new restaurant in town?"

Satoshi turned his head away from the sight, his heart clenching painfully in his chest. Niwa...No, we can never really be... The blue haired teen stalked over to one of the benches and dropped into it. He slowly unpacked his bag lunch, unwrapped his sandwich just as slowly, and then took a bite. The sandwich itself was bland, and the turkey he had put on it tasted weird. Satoshi stared down at the food, his eyebrows drawn together.

"Hey, Hiwatari!" Red eyes blinked owlishly at him, face flushed from the chill. Daisuke grinned as he sat next to the other boy, box lunch in his hands. He looked down at Satoshi's hands with a frown, just glancing at the other boy's lunch. "Do you want to share my lunch with me? My mom made too much, and that sandwich looks bad."

Blue eyes watched Daisuke carefully as the teen opened his lunch box, widening a fraction of an inch as a pink tongue wet parted lips. Something coiled painfully in his stomach, and Satoshi had to look away as the red head offered him a rice ball.

"What? You don't want it?" Daisuke asked unhappily, as he lowered his hand to his leg. Satoshi was still looking away, over at the red-leafed trees. "Are you sure that sandwich is enough?"

"...It's never enough." The blue haired teen mumbled, as he took another bite of his bland lunch. He could feel Daisuke's eyes on him as he took another bite and grimaced as he swallowed it.

"Are you sure, Hiwatari?" Daisuke asked, holding up the rice ball again. Satoshi let his eyes drift over to Daisuke's, felt his heart give a little double thump. The boy's eyes were pleading with him to take the rice ball out of his hand.

"All right, Niwa." The blue haired teen smiled softly as he took the rice ball and bit out a big chunk. It was a lot better than his sandwich. "Mmph. This is pretty good."

"I know." Daisuke smiled then, causing Satoshi's heart to skip a beat. The red haired teen went back to his lunch the next second; unaware of the affect he had on his friend.

Niwa...If only you knew...



Owari