D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ Element Angels ❯ Party ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Silver: Hi I'm back with the second chapter.
 
Sushi: Don't lie. She wrote this ages ago and is only just getting round to posting it.
 
Sinner: And after half a years work she still hasn't finished writing the whole story!
 
Silver: Thanks a lot. I don't see you writing any Sinner.
 
Disclaimer: I do not own DNAngel. S fanfic maybe but not DNAngel. Let's just say that if I did it would be a lot different.
 
 
It was the morning before their second day at school and the girls were getting ready. Emi was in the uniform, making pancakes for breakfast and smiling drunkenly. Asuka was watching her suspiciously, wearing her own clothes and she was deciding that it wasn't worth going to school that day.
 
Miharu on the other hand was sitting happily on the sofa reading again and no one was too sure how long she had been there. She was wearing the boy's uniform, but Asuka was the only one who noticed, and she decided to let Emi find out on her own.
 
Miharu soon smelled the pancakes and smiled, but then frowned as she asked “Didn't you make pancakes yesterday?” Emi rolled her eyes “Yeah, but they taste good and no one seems to go shopping in this house” she said, emphasising the last part.
 
Miharu tilted her head to the side thoughtfully and then remembered that she was supposed to have gotten the groceries yesterday, so she said sheepishly “Pancakes are good.”
 
Asuka rolled her eyes at this and got up to leave, as she saw Emi pour some liquid into the pancakes, which she was sure was alcohol. Sighing she pulled her jacket around her and yelled “I'm skipping, I might go find groceries later, If you're late, I'll know about it” And with those words she walked out of the apartment.
 
Miharu and Emi stared at each other, knowing that they had to be on time today, because freakily, Asuka did always know. Emi shrugged and handed the pancakes to Miharu and they both began to eat quickly.
 
Miharu stopped to think at the strange taste and she frowned, but shook her head and continued to eat. Emi smiled and wondered when Miharu would realise that her pancakes were full of alcohol, but still picked up her backpack and got ready to go. In a cheerful (yet drunken) voice, she called “Come on Miharu, we can't be late, do you like your pancakes?” And with that she ran out of the door.
 
Miharu realised what the strange taste was and grabbed her bag, running after Emi and throwing whatever she could at her, which resulted in a reappearance of the rubber chicken, and a large bruise on Emi's upper arm.
 
After they had made it to school with a few minutes to spare, Miharu and Emi were slumped over their locker holding the rubber chicken/parrot that was having an identity crisis, trying to decide what it was exactly, whilst it kept being called a parrot then a chicken.
 
Having finally caught and thumped Emi, Miharu was smiling and heading off for another art class. Emi was glaring at her back miserable and was slowly walking down to the gym for her class.
 
Miharu was the first one to arrive at art. She chose a seat right at the back near a window. The class filled up, and the teacher moved everyone. She was very annoyed when she got put in the middle next to Daisuke.
 
To make matters worse the teacher told her off for wearing the boy's uniform, and when she said it was more comfy, told her to go see the head teacher first thing tomorrow.
 
The class started and they had to draw the most interesting things in their bag. First was the rubber parrot/chicken/ferret. (It had temporarily chosen to be a ferret, but within 10 minutes realised it lacked the 4 legs and was once again undecided about what it was.) She couldn't draw properly for blushing.
 
Then Daisuke piped up “What did they say that upset you yesterday?” That was when she realised he hadn't understood as they were talking in English.
 
Shaking her head “Nothing, nothing.” She smiled and really got into the drawing. Next came a tribal mask and a strange fuzzy peacock pen for Daisuke, who was fed up of drawing books.
 
Following that a strange pink long fluffy pointy thing and a turntable with vinyl. At that stage people were looking in interest at the assortment of things emerging from the bag, and they were only a few things randomly picked from the top.
 
Risa, who was sitting nearby jokingly asked “Can I borrow a kitchen sink?” Miharu to everyone's surprise nodded. “I also have the bathroom sink from my house in England, and the bath. I would get you the bath out but the whales currently occupying it and he gets grumpy.”
 
Sure enough she pulls out 2 sinks, one with some plaster still attached. A few questions were asked about the bag, which couldn't be answered. The bag was just the bag. By the end of the lesson she was getting friendly with Daisuke and Risa.
 
Emi despite a miserable start was having a great time in gym. Today it was volleyball. Emi was hitting it with a little more force than necessary, but still hot even half as much as yesterday. It seemed she had learnt her lesson. This of course meant she had time to chat to people.
 
Seeing as Takeshi was on another team, she talked to this short haired girl that looked a lot like Risa, wondering wistfully what Asuka was doing. It turned out she was infact Risa's twin Riku. The teams swapped opponents and she was against Takeshi.
 
The match ended up being mostly her and Takeshi trying to knock each other out, although neither of them succeeded there were a few close calls. The rest of the two teams were standing well back being forgotten by those two tyrants in their epic battle, which ended being a draw anyway.
 
Those that did get involved were nearly maimed by the evil glares they received, let alone the fast flying balls which were going everywhere. Somehow Emi had picked up a few more. You had to admit for a slight alcoholic, she could move pretty quickly with incredible strength.
 
Lunchtime started and Emi and Miharu collected all their `friends' together for lunch. They found a nice tree and Miharu pulled a blanket, a number of fold up chairs and a picnic basket out of her bag. Everyone except Satoshi joined them. It was then that Emi and Miharu discovered that they were all already friends. They all talked and laughed, getting more stares. (It's to boring to go into, so I won't)
 
For some unknown reason they all started climbing the tree, while ignoring the shouts from the crowd of distressed teachers, hanging out of the staffroom window. Emi thought how much easier it would be to climb if she had trousers on like Miharu, and swiftly fell out of the tree.
 
Instead of shouting out in pain, she screamed at Miharu “Why the hell are you wearing the boy's uniform.” It was then that everyone not in Miharu's art class also realised. Miharu, having neatly dropped out of the tree and helped her friend up, shrugged “It's more comfy. And there are no horrible evil skirts.” Emi just shook her head at the stupidity of it.
 
As lunch had nearly finished, and the cake Miharu passed round on plastic plated devoured, that Emi stood up an announced everyone's plans for that evening. All they actually involved was a party. It was a little short notice, but you couldn't refuse when they not only ask you, but also hand you a cutely decorated invite.
 
Asuka had returned from her grocery shopping and was busy eating a lollipop and deciding what she should do for the afternoon. She sat on the sofa thinking about terrorizing a kid's playground but immediately got up and grinned as an evil thought crossed her mind.
 
She slipped into the hallway trying not to be seen and quickly picked the lock on Satoshi's door, and slipped into his apartment.
 
She looked around the messy apartment and shook her head, and walked around looking for something interesting. Her eyes fell on a very interesting pile of objects and she quickly grabbed them and left with her prize. When she got back to her apartment she looked at the collections of notebooks that she had gotten.
 
She wouldn't look in any of them, that would be disrespecting his privacy (she was ignoring the fact she had just broken into his apartment) but she would blackmail him or burn them later or something fun. With that she began to watch TV, killing time until she went to get the others and informed them about their new occupation.
 
Lunch ended and English began. Apart from a few tellings off for not paying attention it went rather well. Asuka would be surprised when she eventually decided to make an appearance at school again; this however made all the teachers think she was the bad influence not Emi.
 
Detention started, and the classroom was soon plastered in luminous paint, and a minor water fight broke out.
 
Having annoyed the teacher thoroughly enough to get out of detention, they prepared for the party they'd invited their new friends to. Emi cooked all the food, getting annoyed if you so much as stepped into the kitchen.
 
Asuka decorated the apartment with fairy lights and lots of sparkly things; she even managed to get a chandelier from somewhere. Miharu got done up, a very rare thing and went to buy the alcohol, the most essential thing; being the only one who could remotely get away with being 18.
 
With the apartment ready and sparkling, soft drinks mixed with as much alcohol as possible and the food cooked to perfection; it was time for people to arrive. This of course meant that the doorbell didn't ring for another half hour. Riku and Risa were first, all dressed up, and in Riku's case forced to dress up. “Drinks!” Emi shouted already a bit tipsy after 10 minutes, and leaving a trail of Bacardi and coke.
 
She barely made it to the door, letting Takeshi and Masahiro in. Although they should have noticed the state she was in, it sped straight past their heads and they started drinking.
 
Dark was the last one to arrive, waltzing in very late. By that time everyone was a little pink and giggly apart from Asuka, who was banned from alcohol on the grounds it was flammable. Emi started up the music, it was a little loud but that much alcohol had been consumed by then that they didn't mind.
 
There was a knock at the door. It took everyone a while to realise what it was as it sounded more like an angry woodpecker attacking the window frame. Emi tried to stagger towards the door, not quiet making it and ending up sprawled on the floor. Asuka, after stepping over Emi, answered the door; mainly because she was the only sober one.
 
It was Satoshi, the guy she followed, this was a coincidence. He stared. “What do you want?” Asuka asked sweetly in case it was about that. “Well I came about the music.” Asuka was a little surprised that he could hear it next door, but it was loud. “Fine come in and have a drink.” She smirked. He seemed to look at the drinks suspiciously before drinking and wrote something down in his notebook.
 
Satoshi, who obviously hadn't noticed the alcohol, and Masahiro danced together. Luckily they wouldn't remember this by morning. Emi was too busy tying Takeshi to a chair to pay any attention to anyone else. Risa was kind of watching them and giggling hysterically, while Riku engaged Asuka in conversation; it was very one sided.
 
Miharu, who was a little less drunk than the rest of them walked in a shaky straight line towards Dark. “You're so cute” she said swaying slightly. Dark took this as his cue and reached over to kiss her, getting hit by a tidal wave, made by Emi with her water power, which swept him into the conveniently nearby bin.
 
“You can kiss me, but not my friend!” Emi said in a drunken slur. Dark glared at her and climbed out the bin, but not before Takeshi had gotten a picture.
 
Asuka quickly dried all the wetness, using her fire power, causing lots of mist, obscuring everyone from view. Miharu used this time to locate Dark on the sofa and curl up next to him while hugging him. She quickly emptied his pockets on to the floor, never lessening the hug.
 
There was a gust of wind, probably from Miharu's air power, the fog cleared and everyone could see Dark struggling to get out of the now asleep and leaning on him, Miharu's death grip embrace. He was failing miserably. Emi, who'd gone back to tying up Takeshi, snatched his camera and took a picture of them, half strangling him.
 
Riku went to see the stuff that was in Darks pockets. She picked up a piece of paper that looked suspiciously like the party invitation and sure enough it was the one addressed to Daisuke. “Why have you got this?” she asks forming fists with her hands.
 
Dark grimaced “He gave it to me?” was the innocent reply. As Miharu had told Emi and Asuka the truth about Dark and Daisuke they knew this was a lie.
 
No one saw this as they were too interested in the sight of Krad, who appeared after Satoshi went to the toilet, trying to chat up Asuka. “You're hitting on me aren't you?” Asuka said only half believing it. “a) I don't like people hitting on me and b) goodbye” she commented while physically kicking him out of the room and into a random closet.
 
After a few bangs and shouts, he gave up and settled down for the night in the closet. Soon everyone was asleep, leaving Asuka and the still very loud music to ponder what the teacher would say when half the class had a hangover tomorrow morning.
 
 
 
The next morning they were all woken by Asuka's very loud and very joyful singing, or nearly everyone. Miharu, who'd already gotten up and dressed, was still fast asleep hugging Dark.
 
He seemed a little disturbed that she was still doing that. The singing was not greeted kindly due to the major hangover most of them had. Miharu was used to it and hadn't gotten too drunk, Emi was still drinking and was avoiding the hangover by staying drunk, and Asuka just hadn't drunk anything.
 
Feeling remotely sorry for Dark, Asuka prised her friend off of him, only to find that she now received the death hug. He hastily jumped out of the window and headed home. Risa, still a little disorientated with a massive headache waved him goodbye. Takeshi and Masahiro, who'd fallen asleep on top of each other, in a rather dodgy position, quickly said goodbye and left, having both turned a deep shade of crimson.
 
Emi made some pancakes and even woke Miharu up to have some. Amazingly she actually got up and ate them, before curling up and going back to sleep. There were some loud knocks and once again it sounded like an angry woodpecker was attacking the window frame, only this time it was from the closet.
 
Emi swung the door open and Satoshi tumbled out. “How did I get in there?” he asked, a little confused. Miharu, who could still remember last night, had fallen asleep before the incident.
 
Asuka who remembered it all too well thought it better not to mention exactly what happened. Emi just shoved a pancake under his nose and told him to eat. He obeyed, looking around him and spotting the Harada twins getting ready for school.
 
Looking at his crumbled uniform he popped next door to get some fresh clothes. With everyone ready and now fed, Asuka herded them out the door, with Miharu supporting a still very drunk Emi.
 
They met Daisuke half way too school. From the pained expression on his face it was obvious he had Dark's hangover. This seemed unfair as he hadn't actually drunk anything but that was probably a good thing, as no one really wants a double hangover.
 
This of course was exactly what Satoshi had, and he seemed to be coping, at least he was when he caught up.
 
Then he keeled over. Asuka wasn't sure if he was still alive so poked him with a long stick. He grunted slightly, so Miharu, after dropping Emi, picked him up and dumped him on a bench.
 
To everyone's amazement she pulled a blanket, aspirin, bottle of water, glass and pillow out of her bag. Then arranged for the Harada twins to go to school and tell the teacher the rest of you were helping Satoshi out. Sure enough between the lot of them he was carried him back to his apartment.
 
Conveniently he forgot to lock the door, so they let themselves in. Daisuke put him in bed and then went to school with Miharu and Emi; he was helping support Emi. Asuka, wanting to skip school again, stayed with Satoshi occasionally poking him with a stick.
 
School passed quickly, with even less incidents than the day before. Apart from Miharu's meeting with the head teacher, in which she gave a long speech on equal right, feminism and freedom to wear what you want.
 
This by the end of had rather confused him, but got the rules changed so pupils could wear the uniform of their choice. Plus everyone seemed to be accepting the strangeness of the new girls.
 
The teachers of course asked where Asuka was again, so when they talked to each other in the staff room it appeared that she had lost her voice, had the flu, a cold, chicken pox and a stomach bug but she was still looking after an ill hung-over Satoshi by poking him with a long stick. Funnily enough the last bit which was true was the bit everyone believed the least.
 
Had they actually picked up on the fact that a number of the students were also hung-over, or still drunk as in Emi's case they would have realised it was the truth, which or course never happened. They also never realised that everyone at the party had provided a different excuse, or told the truth.
 
Asuka met them at the school gates, with a change of clothes for Miharu and Emi. “Where are we going?” Emi asked after they'd been walking for 10 minutes in the wrong direction, give or take the time it took Miharu and Emi to run back into the school and get changed in the toilets while making a lot of noise and annoying the hell out of everyone walking past the door.
 
Asuka stared at her with a superior grin “We have to go to work.” Emi just gave her an evil glare and kept walking, despite the fact she knew nothing about these jobs and had absolutely no intention on actually working.
 
It turned out that they were working in the museum library after school. They were to sort the books in Japanese and English into alphabetical order, make sure it's quiet, help people find books, translate the English books if asked, and all other librarian stuff.
 
They would also have to show any English tourists, which were most often schools on trips, around the museum. It suited Miharu and Asuka perfectly, as they both loved reading, and had read a majority of the English books already.
 
For their first day it went pretty well. Asuka passed the books up to Miharu, who was up a ladder, while helping Emi do her homework. Miharu put the book away and made sure they were all in the right order, whilst sending paper aeroplanes to Emi with the answers on when Asuka got annoyed and refused to give her them.
 
The manager was so pleased with their work they got a pay rise on their very first day and he even paid Emi before firing her for not actually doing any of the work, although she could still do the tours. This meant that Emi and Miharu skipped, smiling insanely back to the apartment with Asuka trailing reluctantly behind.
 
 
Party scene done finally. I should be able to post the next chapter soon, or maybe today. Depends on the time I get.
 
Please R&R.