D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ His Shadow ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: DNAngel belongs entirely to Yukiru Sugisaki.
 
 
Ah, writing, my kind of therapy….
 
 
 
His Shadow
 
 
 
Daisuke Niwa had never felt so out of place, his very existence tossed aside from the rest of the world and then hidden behind a shadow that, no matter how hard he tried, he could never overcome or claw free from. He could struggle and resist with as much energy he could muster, before his wilting heart finally gave out, but no one would care enough to offer their hand to help him find his way back to the light and back to where he desperately wanted to be. He was trapped, an insect caught in the web of a charmingly seductive spider, and there didn't seem to be any way for him to be noticed or for him to discover a way out of such cruel, sticky predicament.
 
 
His situation was hopeless and any efforts to correct it would be just as futile. There was no door of escape for him or window of opportunity to grasp and to believe in, only the thickening walls of his imprisonment and the bottomless pit of his inner despair and pain. There wasn't even so much as a sliver of sunlight peeking in from the outside of himself, reaching in to embrace him with eternal warmth and love. Instead he was left cold and shivering, his childish hopes and dreams his only true companions as he stared out at the world that had long since forgotten about him…
 
 
The world he longed to step back into…
 
 
The world he could no longer understand...
 
 
The world he had been forced out of to make room for his other half, a part of his personality that had taken everything--his first love, his friends, and his life--from him.
 
 
But it wasn't as if Daisuke blamed his other half. No, he would never blame Dark for something neither of them had any control over, nor would he point fingers at anyone who had ever seemed to do him wrong. That just wasn't who he was… on the outside. Daisuke was kind-hearted and innocent and clumsy and loyal and the kind of person you never would have thought to be real.
 
 
Daisuke Niwa was Daisuke Niwa…
 
 
Daisuke Niwa was Dark…
 
 
Dark was Dark…
 
 
Dark was Daisuke Niwa…
 
 
Or we could be one of the same, two separate halves trying to make a whole.
 
 
It was possible, yes, two different people merging together as one and fulfilling each empty part that had been aching inside of them ever since they could remember. Dark's opinion on the matter wasn't far off it seemed, and there was a side of Daisuke that agreed with him…
 
But, then again, there was a side of him that didn't. Two completely opposite beings living inside of one body was not right, and it left question to who truly had control over this one, solitary vessel? Was it the original owner or the new tenant that had decided to “crash” for a while?… Did either of them hold ownership of the body they were both possessing?
 
 
Who was the shadow?
 
 
Who was the body?
 
 
And was there really that much of a difference between the two?
 
 
 
Fin.
 
 
 
I would be so happy if you reviewed whether you liked it or not.