D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ Memories of Childhood ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“I will steal the Memories of Childhood at 9:00.
Dark”
 
“Damn it all! Call up Hiwatari-san!” Inspector Saehara exclaimed, swinging his head around to look at the officer beside him.
 
“I'm already here,” a voice said. Saehara turned around.
 
“Ah, Hiwatari-san! Dark's…”

”I know. You think I can't read?” The curt response startled the inspector.
 
“Eh…. Well, what should we do?”
 
“You have the layout of the building, correct?”
 
“Y-yes…” The man passed the blueprints to the fourteen-year-old commander.
 
“Good. We'll need a lot of firepower.”
 
~ : ~
 
“Dai-chan! What are we going to do?” Selena asked the redhead.
 
“Easy. We go in, you put them all to sleep, Dark and I get the work, and get out.”
 
“But I want to do it!”
 
The boy shimmered and standing before her was the purple-haired man, who didn't really look more than seventeen. “We'll both go in, then.” A loud “NO WAY!” rattled around Dark's skull and he yelled, “SHUT UP, DAISUKE!”
 
Selena giggled. “Well, are we going now, or what?”
 
Dark rolled his eyes. “Yes. In about ten minutes.”
 
“Yay! My first theft!” And that means I'll be alone with Dark! she thought excitedly.
 
~ : ~
 
“There!” Yells filled the night air as Dark came into view, black wings spread. But this time was different. He had a companion this time. And it was a girl! When had Dark started allying himself with women?! Saehara couldn't imagine what was going on. But he couldn't falter, lest Dark get away with the Memories of Childhood as predicted. So the inspector yelled to his officers to surround the building. “But don't hurt the girl,” he said. “She may prove to be a useful source of information.
 
“That's where you're wrong,” a female voice said. It was coming from behind the man, so he whirled around, just in time to see a flash of golden hair whipping around as Selena started to go off with Dark again.
 
“Wait!”
 
She turned around again. “Look, I don't have time for you. I'm on my way to….” Wait, that would be a bad idea to tell him. “Never mind.” She disappeared.
 
~ : ~
 
Meanwhile, Dark had found himself the artwork, but he was facing a kind of a roadblock. Facing the thief was Satoshi, flanked by three policemen on each side. “If you don't cooperate, Dark, I'll let him out on you.”
 
“Since when do you let him out? I was under the impression you hated him.”
 
“I do, but if it comes to it, I will.”
 
“So, what, you're allied with him now?”
 
“Nope. But you're not here to talk to me, are you? I know you want this.” Satoshi held up the silver necklace, the Memories of Childhood.
 
“Yep. If you would be so kind, you'd hand it over right now before I do something to you.”
 
“No chance of that happening, kaitou Dark.”
 
“I know, and that's why….” He placed two fingers between his lips and proceeded to give a shrill whistle.
 
That's my cue! Suddenly, there was a flash of gold and the necklace was no longer in Satoshi's hand.
 
“What?!”
 
Selena had leaped and grabbed the necklace. As she did, there was a flash of light. Dark squeezed his eyes shut and pulled out a jet-black feather, waving it around and creating a veil over his eyes so he could see the girl. He grabbed her limp form and high-tailed it out of there.
 
~ : ~
 
“C'mon, wake up.”
 
A familiar voice… but kind of far away. Her eyelids twitched. What… what happened…?
 
“Come on, you can do it, girl.”
 
She knew that voice. But who was it…? Was it…
 
Something touched her forehead. “She's not fevered.” A female voice this time…. It was also familiar to her. Selena opened her eyes and found herself on her back, staring at the ceiling. She felt strange, like she was lighter than usual. But other than that, everything seemed the same. She sat up, and noticed her legs didn't reach as far down in the bed. The kaitou's face filled her line of vision. “Are you alright?”
 
“I… I think so…” Wait. That wasn't what she sounded like. It was similar, but not quite…. Her voice was higher-pitched than normal. “What happened?”
 
“You were hit by the Memories of Childhood's spell. I think it reacted to your brand of magic.”
 
“And?”
 
Dark rolled the full-length mirror over to her. “This is its curse.”
 
She regarded herself in silence for a minute, then… “NO WAY!”
 
~ : ~
 
First chapter's done! I know you all love me. Aptly named artwork, if I do say so myself. By the way, this fanfic is the result of PMs on GaiaOnline with a fellow roleplayer. If Selena would just take a bow, now…. XD I'm getting tired of rambling. If I feel like it, there'll be a next chapter. `Til next time, I suppose. If there's going to be a next time, that is…..