D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ Sacred Maiden ❯ Stage I ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sacred Maiden
By lightofhope18
Chapter I
A/N: Finally I have decided to get up off my lazy butt and write something to expand my brain and knowledge… And so writing fanfiction is my way of doing it. Creative, ne? Anyway, please do not burn me bad with your flames of criticism, by typing the less thought out reviews that flame me by saying, “OMG! Ur story suxs.” I seriously would love thought out and more than 8 words of criticism or complements. Am I sounding too demanding already? So now turn on Sacred Maiden or True Light from the D*N Angel OSTs and enjoy!
* * * *
The darken night sky was dimly light by the twinkling stars that were hidden by the oncoming grey clouds. ON a chilly night when the moon was hidden away by the weather, a strange sensation of magic could be felt in the air.
 
Frost began to gather and stick to a glass window that reflected light from several brightly lit candles. A young woman dressed in a pale pink gown sat quietly in a wooden chair next to glass window, her eyes focused on her soft hands, which she had placed neatly in her lap. Gazing out, she blinked back a tear from her big brown eyes. Her long brunette hair trailed along her shoulders, while a single pale pink ribbon tied the top layer of her hair back, in hopes that the hair would stay out of her lovely face. Gently removing her hand from her lap, in fear she might spoil of moment of peace and beauty, the young lady touched the silver pendent upon her lacey collar and murmur, “Give me strength.”
 
She knew she would need every ounce of strength to do this. Glancing over at the sealed letter resting on the surface of the smooth pine table, the woman need she could never send it to him, it would only make it harder for her. Why had Fate destined this to happen? And make her the judge of the future? We could have been together, I know we could, she thought sadly, feeling a pain of her heart beginning to break. But, she had to protected the future of her destined-to-be-born-granddaughter, so she must seal her partner, the one she loved deeply…
 
Rising slowly from the chair, the young woman knew the time had come. In a few moments she would meet with him and then it would all be over. Falling to her knees, she clasped her hands together in prayer as she prayed to her female ancestors for their power and strength….
 
Forty Years Later…
The bright colors of red, orange, gold, light blue, and a deep violet painted the sky whilst the dimming golden sun sunk slowly below the horizon. Two lone figures stood in a deserted courtyard that looked out onto the ocean, whose sparkling clear waters only reflected the mass of colors above.
 
The two figures stood a small distance apart; from afar, one could have concluded that they might be lovers or perhaps a couple on the verge of extinction due to the body language they displayed. However the tone and use of words would give another possibility.
 
“What must I do?” demanded the petite figure in a soft, yet strong voice. Short, cherry red hair danced wispily in the light breeze as the skirt of her torn uniform hung like rags. Her fists were clutched at her side tightly, forming imprints of her nail into the fair skin. A determined, but hurt look covered the pretty face.
 
“I'm not sure I understand-“ started her acquaintance, a tall, masculine figure with a deep and suave sounding tone.
 
“What must I do for you so that you will keep my secret!” interrupted the female rashly in a annoyed and upset tone. The man let lose a small noise of surprise, but then a sly look appeared on his sexy features.
 
“I said I would keep your secret safe, but since you are so determined to pay me back,” he replied in a alluring voice as her strolled over and stopped at her side to whispered into her ear, “I want you to be mine, Riku-chan.” The girl's eyes widened as the words echoed through her head. The man smiled to himself as a pair of black wings expanded from his back and like a elegant bird, he soared into the sunset, leaving the girl trembling.
 
Two streams of tears slid down Riku Harada's face as she fell to her knees on the paved stone. “Wh… Why me?” she sobbed falling to her knees and gazing blankly up into the sky, “Why did he have to be the one to see it… No…” Riku closed her eyes wishing that she could erase everything that had happened this afternoon and go on with her life…
* * * *
The school bells swung back and forth releasing their mellow rings into the vast sky as the school doors swung open and students flooded out in escape from the educational imprisonment that was referred to as “school” to their short hours of freedom.
 
The sunlight cast shadows upon the town, giving it a dark contrast that was an eerie feeling. A schoolgirl dragged her feet slowly down a path, setting a mood of depression and dismal. Her eyes were fixed on her feet and the ground she treaded on, ignoring the surroundings that happily called out for her to look up and embrace the happiness and joy. Finally she reached her destination, a gloomy bench beneath a large tree. Claiming the bench, she plopped down and immediately positioned herself into a slump, letting her bag drop onto the hard earth.
 
Several items slid out of the bag from the impact and rolled onto the ground. Letting out a sigh of frustration and annoyance, Riku Harada began to stuff the fallen objects back into her bag. Her hand touched a photograph and tenderly she picked it up off the ground. The faces of her classmates smiled back at her cheerily and she stared at a certain couple holding hands timidly.
 
“Daisuke…” the name slid off her tongue slowly as she felt her eyes moisten. The memories of that day when she had found them together, the two closest to her - Daisuke and her own twin sister, Risa. The pain and sadness rushed back to Riku, stabbing her in her heart. She remembered the expression of horror when she saw them and how she had escaped that night by running, hoping Daisuke would come after her, but he never did.
 
A liquid drop moistened the photograph and Riku touched her cheek. The warm, salty tears had started to run again. Smiling in a fake form to herself, Riku wiped them away hurriedly. She had made herself a promise when she returned to school a week after her class had returned from that trip; she would never cry over this again, she would just hold her head high and live her life at the fullest. It was only a shallow relationship, couples always broke up like this, and she would soon forget him, right?
 
The question remained unanswered in her mind as she grabbed her bag and ran home, unaware of the two figures who had been observing her the whole time. A tall woman with short, stylish red hair and dressed in a business suit, stood her arms crossed over her bosom in a intelligent was her companion, wearing a slightly more revealing and showy outfit, that might give the impression she was a hooker or a Barbie doll at the very least, nervously patted her short platinum blonde hair.
 
The woman's lips pursed together, her eyes following Riku as she dashed off. “Mio.” A sharp tone of voice with a hint of anger made the blonde glance at the ground nervously.
 
“Yes, Suzaki-san,” Mio Hio replied in a timid tone. The normally pleasant TV reporter wore an expression of disapproval.
 
“Mio-chan, do you know why you are here?” Suzaki let her question quiver in the air while she started her habit of pacing back and forth during her time of lecturing others. Before Mio could think up a creative reply, Suzaki continued. “I rescued you from the head of the Hiwatari clan because he was using you to mess up the work that the Sacred Maidens have worked so hard to protect.”
 
Mio hung her head in shame, but Suzaki took no notice of this act of forgiveness. Once started on her declaration of the work of the “Sacred Maidens”, there was no hope for her to stop.
 
“…It has been the duty of the Sacred Maidens to prevent the Hikari clan and Niwa clan to rise to power and we almost had destroyed the whole Hikari clan, until Hiwatari interfered and got a hold of the only survivor of the Hikaris… Satoshi Hikari…” Her face became sour as if the name tasted vulgar. Her body grew tense at the thought of the glitch in the plan that had allowed the boy to live… all the trouble he had and would cause to the plans. Finally regaining her composure, she continued the speech, “… and now your foolish acts have caused a chain reaction of unstoppable events. Daisuke Niwa and Riku Harada were destined… no, supposed to be together as a way to prevent the foreseen from occurring. But now due to the meddling of Hiwatari clan, Daisuke and Risa may end up together due to that incident and… and what… no, who Riku may turn to will affect this town. Riku could chose blindly her forbidden destiny or chose to ignore the signs and give her heart to another. But any hope of that occurring is slim…” Fanning her self with her slim hand, Suzaki turned and gave Mio an annoyed glare. “Do you see why I am stressed?” she asked, practicing the relaxation exercises that her doctor had prescribed her to do for stress relief.
 
Mio made no answer to Suzaki's personal question, but instead she asked a question of her own. “In case Riku-chan decides to fulfill her destiny,” Mio began slowly, processing her thoughts into words, “will that mean `she' will have to awake?” Suzaki turned and coughed lightly into her hand.
 
“Yes,” she replied in a quiet tone, “If Riku Harada decides to become the next Sacred Maiden of the legendary bloodline that has affected her female ancestors and she becomes the chosen partner and symbol of love for Phantom Thief Dark Mousy, then the guardian and vessel, her dear twin sister Risa Harada will indeed become the `Snow” Maiden.”
* * * * *
“No I don't want to talk about it!” Daisuke's angry and confused words rang in Dark's ears as he strolled through the peaceful park. Damn Daisuke for being such an ass and trying to act all manly and solve his love problems on his own.
 
“All I was trying to do was help him and give him advice from an expert, but nooooooo, he wanted to be along and he didn't want to talk about it!” Dark muttered using his different styles of sarcasm to release the annoyance that Daisuke's behavior had given him.
 
Releasing a huge sigh, Dark shoved his hands into his pockets. Normally he would be flirting with the ladies and picking them up, but Daisuke's bad mood had affected his and he was in no mood to be with some sluts, no matter how hot they looked. Daisuke, Daisuke, Daisuke, he had ruined his chance with Riku… They could have been a happy couple, but maybe it just wasn't to be…
 
Kicking a rock, Dark could feel Daisuke's spirit deep within, sleeping peacefully as Dark ambled along a path, attempting to rid himself of the stormy feels by gazing at the lovely setting.
 
Dark bent down to touch the soft petals of a rose when a strong aura of power magic rose out of nowhere. Every fiber in his body straightened and yearned to go to the source of this power. It had made a deep desire arise within like a beast waking from hibernation and hungry for food. It had been forty years since he had sensed power like this, which could only mean…
 
Dark felt a sensation flow through his body as he started to race down the path, tracking the aura down. This aura reminded him of her… Memories of her stirred in his mind and her gentle face flashed in his head like it always did when he gazed at snow or caught a glance of Risa Harada's face. Which meant the aura could only belong to…
 
“So you're my next Sacred Maiden, which I should of seen from the start,” thought Dark, his heart pounding at the thought of the girl who made lust and love stir together pleasurably, “Riku-chan… my little angel…”
 
A/N: Okay, so what do you think? Worth continuing or not? I'd love to know you opinion on the story since my writing skills are a tad bit rusty…