Daa! Daa! Daa! Fan Fiction ❯ Smile for Me ❯ What's a Wannya? ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
Chapter Two: A Shocking Discovery
Not mine, ok? Daa! Daa! Daa! is not mine!!
 
“What?” Kanata was startled, along with everyone else.
 
“I said, `Who are you?'” Miyu continued to point at them.
 
“If this is a joke, Miyu…” Kanata frowned. “ It isn't funny.”
 
“Ahh… it's not a joke… I've never met any of you before.” She confessed to them. Kanata's relief vanished and was replaced by pure melancholy.
 
“Y-You don't remember me? You really don't…?” Kanata asked her, clutching her hand tightly.
 
“Sorry…” She carefully slid her hand out of his grasp. “Where am I anyway?”
 
Kanata wiped a tear and forced himself to smile. “You're in Heiomachi.”
 
“Heiomachi? I've never heard of that place before.” She put a finger on the side of her cheek. “No, nothing's popping up.” She heard a sigh from the man opposite her.
 
“Why? Did I do something wrong?” Miyu looked at Kanata with a concerned look.
 
Kanata shook his head. “You didn't do anything wrong, Miyu”
 
“Hey, how do you know my name when we've never met before?” Miyu pouted.
 
“A..huuuhh….” Kanata looked at the people around him.
 
“Umm… before we do that, c-can you tell us what you do remember?” Aya asked Miyu.
 
“What I remember? Why should I tell you?” Miyu said, being stubborn again. It made Kanata smile genuinely, but not that long. That's the Miyu she knows. But, unfortunately, she doesn't know him. She saw a tear roll down his face.
 
“Ok, Ok. It's nothing to cry about!” She put a hand on Kanata's shoulder. “I remember… my mother and father telling me to go to some place, packing my things … then waking up here.” She smiled. “That's about it.”
 
“Hey, you know?” She put her hand lightly on Kanata's and that made him look at her. “You remind me of someone, maybe from my childhood, but I don't know who!” She looked up. Kanata knows that they met each other before, when they were kids. “He was my first crush. I still dream about him, you know!” Kanata blushed furiously. But, as we know, Miyu can't follow as well as other people do, so she barely noticed.
 
“My parents said that one day, we would end up together” She was lost in her own fantasies. “Hang on, where are my parents?” She asked them.
 
“You don't know? They're at NASA in America.” Nanami said.
 
“WHAT?!! They left without me? Oohh!” She fell back on her bed. Kanata suddenly realized, the accident they had when they first met seemed like it never happened.
 
“Miyu, what do you think of me?” Kanata asked Miyu sweetly.
 
“Of you? I think you are… good looking. After all, you do remind me of my first love.” Miyu smiled.
 
“What about Ruu? And Wannya?” Kanata said softly.
 
“Ruu and what? I don't know…” Miyu scratched her head.
 
“Miyu, do you love me?” Kanata blurted out with a serious look on his face. Everyone was startled, but they all remembered that they became lovers after Ruu and Wannya left.
 
“I don't know.. I j-just met you and… i-it will take some time and, and…” Miyu looked down, blushing hard.
 
“Yeah… time… and it was so close…” He controlled his tears. “ Miyu, it wouldn't be the same, if we ever start again.”
 
“Start? Start what?” Miyu curiously asked.
 
“Your relationship.” Nozomu answered for Kanata.
 
“Our… relationship?” Miyu was confused. She just woke up, surrounded by strangers that were hugging her and acting like they know her. And now, they are telling her that she had a relationship with one of them.
 
“Yes, to state it simply,” Santa was blushing, “You were in love.”
 
“In love? But I don't remember… with who?” She stood up and looked at all of them. They all looked at Kanata's direction.
 
“Him?” Miyu pointed at Kanata. “F-For how long??”
 
“Well, about 5 years.” Aya told her.
 
“NEHH!!??! 5 YEARS!!!” She fell and almost hit the wall. Thankfully, Kanata was there to catch her. He was used to her clumsiness, it was an everyday occurrence to him. They became lovers a few years back, and by then it was regular that he was catching bowls, laundry, and the occasional, Miyu.
 
“Be careful, Miyu.” Those were the three words that Miyu would hear daily from Kanata. Miyu was almost familiar with that. She narrowed her eyes and locked them on Kanata. “Yes dear…!?” She covered her mouth as she sat back on the bed. Everyone was looking at her, trying to register what she just said. If she didn't remember anything why would she say that?
 
“I-I… it just came out… I'm sorry…” Miyu looked down at her feet. She almost jumped when Nanami held her hand.
 
“It's ok, Miyu. You always say that when he says to be careful. I won't be surprised to hear you say that. For you, it's almost automatic.” Nanami said. “Hey, Aya. Do you remember when Miyu hit her head on one of the school lockers?” She cheerfully asked her.
 
“Yeah. She had a huge lump on her forehead! What about the time that she almost fell off the Saionji bell tower?”
 
“Yeah. The time when she hit her head on the Konishi rocks at the temple?” They giggled.
 
“And that time when she fell off the Saionji steps?”
 
“When she fell off the roof there?”
 
“And when she woke up outside her room and Kanata almost stepped on her?” They all laughed. Miyu giggled a bit, too.
 
“Saionji… Temple…” Miyu said. “Where is it and who owns it?”
 
“Saionji Temple is located on a big hill. There are a lot of steps there and it's really old.” Christine explained. “He lives there.” She pointed to Kanata.
 
“Ooo… Can we go there, please?” She went all dreamy eyed.
 
“Well…” Kanata scratched his head. The doctor suddenly came in.
 
“We have the diagnosis for Miss Miyu. She is physically fine. Her injuries are nothing really serious. But, according to our analysis, she has lost all her memory of the past 5 years. In short…”
 
“Amnesia…”
 
“I am sorry Mister Saionji.” The doctor flipped through the pages stuck to her clipboard. She looked at Miyu.
 
“What now?” Kanata tried to be calm.
 
“The best thing to do now, is to go on normally and hope that she could remember something.” The doctor explained.