Daa! Daa! Daa! Fan Fiction ❯ Smile for Me ❯ Ouch! That stings. ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
Chapter Five: The Truth Hurts
Daa! Daa! Daa! is not my property, got it? Thanks.
 
“Married? I forgot I even met you, remember?” Miyu scolded him, both running.
 
“Well, I had to agree… I just couldn't go around telling everybody you had amnesia.”
 
“What? I can't hear you! The people scream so loudly!!”
 
“I said, I CAN'T TELL EVERYBODY YOU HAVE AMNESIA!!!!!” Kanata yelled, ripping through all the screaming and chattering. They all stopped.
 
Silence…
 
“I think… you just did, Honey…” Miyu's eyes widened, her gut wrenching in unease of what was going to happen.
 
“Did he just say, that she has… Amnesia?” One student would say.
 
“What, I mean is, um, I… wait, Miyu? Did you just call me, `honey'?” Kanata was surprised. It gave him a smile… that, even a little, there are some parts that can never be erased.
 
“Y-Yeah… I think she did, Kanata.” Nozomu agreed.
 
“Oh, did I? Hehehe…” Miyu smiled and blushed simultaneously.
 
“So, Miyu. You… don't remember anything about us?” Ms. Mizuno came forward.
 
“I'm sorry, but, no…” Miyu looked down, almost embarrassed.
 
“No, Miyu. We should be sorry. We were so exited about your wedding plans that, well, we treated you like this… and now we know the truth. Please forgive us.” Ms. Mizuno bowed, followed by the class behind her. Miyu felt so important then. Even Kanata bowed to her.
 
“You don't have to overreact or anything, guys. I'm just fine!” Miyu rose up an arm and placed the other on the part where her muscle should be.
 
Ms. Mizuno's eyes suddenly twinkled with inspiration. “Hey! What about we all help Miyu get her memory back!”
 
The class cheered because it was such a great idea. Kanata thought so, too. But when he looked at Miyu, she seemed all gloomy and low-spirited.
 
“Miyu? Is something wrong? You look so sad.” Kanata placed a comforting hand on her shoulder.
 
“No, well… It's because, everyone pitched in to help me, but I can't give anything back to repay them.” Miyu held his hand.
 
“Why don't you ask them?” Kanata smiled and Miyu smiled with him.
 
“Ok, I will… honey.” She chuckled a bit.
 
“Excuse me, everyone.” Miyu caught everyone's attention.
 
“I would like to tell everyone that, I am thankful of what you have given me. I am very blessed to have friends like you. I just want to ask you, in return for the help, what would you like me to give you?” Miyu asked the crowd.
 
“Cheeseburgers!” One said.
 
“How about stuffed toys?” Another said.
 
“A kiss?” Christine said shyly. Her boldness and originality stuck out like a sore thumb.
 
“A…” Miyu gulped. “K-i-ss? But with who?”
 
The class huddled and came to a decision. “Who else? Kanata Saionji!” They said in chorus.
 
“I-I don't t-think I could… and K-Kanata surely he… and me, Me? No…”
 
“Aww…” She heard them say. A stab of sympathy hit her.
 
“Wait! Wait! I changed my mind. I will kiss him, right in front of you…” Miyu blushed so hard, that she looked like a ripe tomato. Kanata was pushed by some other people to the front and met Miyu's gaze. Kanata approached her, not sure that she knew what she was doing.
 
“I have been kissing you for a long time, right?” Miyu asked, quite anxious.
 
“Yes, but you forgot all about it.” Kanata questioned her reasoning, suspecting that maybe this will make it worse, but there is a possibility that she could remember something when they kissed.
 
They are now facing each other, knowing what is about to happen but unsure of what could take place. They placed their hands comfortably on each other's shoulders as they pulled each other closer.
 
“Miyu…” Kanata smiled and bent over a little.
 
“Kanata…” Miyu pulled him down a bit. They were just millimeters apart. Just then, Miyu felt a sharp pain through her body. In her head, she could make out a really blurry scene but she could still see that it was both Miyu and Kanata, walking along the park and kissing. She suddenly collapsed to her knees, holding her head and screaming. Kanata hugged her and she cried, everybody willing to help her. They started to doubt that Miyu would remember anything, let alone every single detail that she lost.
 
“I will never give up…”
 
“Kanata…” Ms. Mizuno said.
 
“I will not give up until Miyu knows who I am.”
 
“Who are you?” Santa asked sarcastically, trying to lighten up the mood.
 
“Me? I am the man who loves her and the person who will do anything to get her back to normal…”
 
“… the Miyu who is just right for me.”