Daa! Daa! Daa! Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Conflict ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SWEET CONFLICT
 
 
Terms and conditions...
 
Story's pretty much the same, except that in this story, Lu and Wannya did not return to their home planet on Miyu's 14th year. Seiya's not an alien, but Miyu's very close friend (hmmm)...That's all. I do not own UFO Baby, and all the characters in it... Self explanatory.
 
 
Chapter 1
 
The day is coming for Miyu Kouduki - a day so special to every girl in the world, a rite of passage to womanhood... her 18th birthday... and it's in 1 month! She woke up one sunny day, smiling and thinking of the way she'll celebrate it with her family and her friends, together with Lu and Wannya. She went to bathe, got dressed and went to the kitchen for breakfast, surprised that Wannya and Lu are the only ones waiting for her.
 
“Hm, that's strange... Where's Mr. Smarty Pants?” She asked, with a hint of annoyance. Wannya smiled brightly at her as Lu flew to her, smiling. “And a good morning to you too, Lu!” She said cheerily, then shifted to Wannya, “Good Morning Wannya!”
 
“Good morning too, Miyu! So, shall we eat?” Wannya gestured to the table. Miyu followed suit with Lu flying behind her. “Kanata went early - said he has duties that he needs to attend to and well...” Miyu, sensing his discomfort, asked cautiously, her curiosity's piqued now...
 
“To what...?”
 
“Well...”
 
“Come on, don't hold back...”
 
“He said specifically addressed to you, uhm, not to bother him because he'll be busy and - well, that's about it!” Wannya said, sweat beads flowing at his furry face. Miyu looked at him as if dissecting an animal. “Hey, don't look at me like that...”
 
“There's something else you're not telling me. I'm sure of it and besides, the message is for me, right? So I have every right to hear what it says - what it's supposed to say...” Miyu looked at him sternly. Wannya's head dropped.
 
“He said he doesn't want a pain in the head surrounding him...” Wannya seemed sorry to say this. Miyu looked shocked, she still needs a moment to register what Wannya said.
 
“He-he said what..?” Miyu was on the verge of tears now. Wannya looked horrified and Lu worriedly flew to her.
 
“Mama...?”
 
Miyu's eyes are now covered by her golden locks, hidden away from the two who seemed so concerned of her emotional welfare right now. Then she bobbed her head back and smiled at them.
 
“Well, he's just being his annoying self again... Nothing different.” She smiled at them and looked at the clock... “Oh my, look at the time! I need to hurry or I'm gonna be late!” She grabbed her bag and hapharazardly kissed Lu and Wannya as she ran to the door. “Bye you guys, see you later!”
 
Wannya contemplatively thought... `Kanata did say that to me, but why do I feel like I've hurt Miyu...? What should I do?'
 
 
ON THE WAY TO SCHOOL...
 
 
Miyu was silently walking, paying no heed to where her feet were taking her, but she somehow knew that her feet were dragging her on the way to school.
 
`That JERK! Calling me useless!? Who does he think he is!?'... until she bumped into somebody.
 
“Oh, I'm so sorry! I wasn't paying attention to where I'm going... Seiya...? Seiya!!” Miyu said as she launched herself at him and he hugged her back. “What are you doing here? I thought you were in Berlin?”
 
“I was. I'm just visiting, that's all... Term break.” He smiled at her. “And guess what, I was invited to sit-in in your class! Great isn't it?” He smiled at her.
 
“Wow... That's great! We've got a lot of catching up to do, you know..!” She said as she playfully slapped his arm. He laughed at her somewhat childish gesture.
 
“So, may I escort you then, lovely Lady Kouduki to your Study?” He bowed a little too theatrically, earning a hearty laugh from the blond beauty.
 
“Why, of course kind sir... I'll even have the maids personally prepare us tea...” She said as she took Seiya's arm and led her to school.
 
 
AT THE CLASSROOM...
 
A brown-haired young man was looking out at the window, as if searching for something (or someone for that matter) though trying not to be too obvious.
 
`Where's that idiot!? She'll be late! Probably busy do-`
 
Kanata wasn't able to finish his thought when Miyu entered the school's front gate accompanied by a young man about her age whom he didn't know. She seemed so happy and relaxed. He did one thing any guy who secretly fancies a girl would do upon seeing the girl they fancy with another guy - he frowned and boy was it an obvious frown!
 
“Hey Kanata, what's the problem?” Nanami asked, chewing on her sandwich. Kanata didn't flinch a bit. He just kept staring at whatever he's staring at. Nanami followed his gaze and it landed on a certain girl with blond tresses and green orbs. Nanami smiled evilly.
 
“Wow, that's one HOT boyfriend Miyu's got there...” Nanami said as she leaned on the window sill. She earned a vicious glare from the boy who managed to tear his boring gaze from the `commotion' on the field. “Hey, just voicing out my opinion! No offense meant, if there's any... Is there?”
 
Kanata tore his face away from the questioning eyes of one of Miy's bestfriends, purposefully to hide his blush. This didn't go unnoticed by Nanami. She just smiled.
 
`Let's see what I can whip up...'
 
Just then, Miyu entered the classroom, smiling happily at everyone then focused her eyes on Nanami. “Hi Nanami! Uh, where's Aya?”
 
“Committee meeting. So, who's the hot guy?” Nanami made her voice a little louder not to arouse curiosity among her classmates but to irk a certain chestnut head.
 
“Well, his name is Seiya, my childhood bestfriend. He's currently studying at Germany but migrated here to relax a bit. He'll be sitting in on our classes!” Miyu said excitedly. Kanata rolled his eyes and just sat grumpily.
 
“Hey, do you know what happened to Kanata? I mean, he's been like that ever since I arrived here...” Nanami said, trying hard to be secretive. Miyu just shrugged.
 
“I don't know. Aren't jerks supposed to feel miserable?” Miyu said as she walked to her chair. Right now, Kanata's anger was at its peak.
 
“WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM!?” He yelled. This caught Miyu off-guard, but fought back, nonetheless.
 
“ME!? I'M THE PROBLEM!? LOOK WHO'S TALKING! THE ONE WHO TOLD ME HOW USELESS I AM!? HUH!? TELL ME!” Miyu shouted back, with tears running down her pale cheeks. Kanata suddenly had the urge to hg her and keep those tears away, but he just can't - his pride mattered to him more. He stood his ground.
 
“AREN'T YOU?” Kanata yelled back. This time, Miyu did the one thing she thought she could never do. She slapped him, hard. Nanami and the rest of the class were silent during the whole commotion... then the school bell rang, indicating the beginning of the first period.
 
“I hate you!”
 
(Let's skip the classes for a while and proceed to lunch time)
 
LUNCH
 
Aya, Nanami and Miyu are under the tree on the school yard eating their lunch when Miyu noticed that she still has Kanata's lunch.
 
“Nanami? Can I ask you a favor? Can you give this to the airhead for me?” Miyu said with an indifferent expression, holding up a packed lunch. “Since I'm useless, I guess I can't do a simple like this.”
 
Nanami just nodded and got the lunch and proceeded to the building.
 
“What happened Miyu? Why are you so mad at him?” Aya asked. Miyu sighed.
 
“It's a long story... But I'll tell you anyway... Last night, Lu was playing with one of his toys, but well (she couldn't just tell the whole `flying toys' thing so she sugar-coated the situation), it got out of hand and his toys came crashing down the cabinet. Well, I ran to him (together with Wannya but I can't tell her that...) and as I was picking up the toys that fell, Kanata arrived at the scene and shouted at us for being so noisy and that he can't concentrate. Well, sensing that it's Lu's fault but I can't blame him since he's just a child, I apologized and well, he mumbled something incoherent as far as I'm concerned and left the room... Then when morning came, he told me that I should stay away from him because I was a pain and that I'm useless! I know he's busy and all but he has no right to call me useless! Right?” Miyu said, catching her breath. Aya looked at her sympathetically.
 
“Yes, you're right Miyu... He can't just call you that...” Aya said as she patted Miyu's back. Then, Miyu just smiled at her when she spotted Nanami running towards them.
 
“So, she told you all about it, huh?” Nanami said as she sat down on Miyu's other side. Aya nodded.
 
“That makes Kanata such a jerk.”
 
 
INSIDE THE CLASSROOM...
 
Kanata just stares at his lunch, not having his appetite despite the very little food he ate during breakfast.
 
`She hates me. She hates me. She hates me. She hates me....'
 
Same thing goes on in his mind and he can't seem to get it away.
 
“I need a walk.”
 
So he sat up and went out of the classroom towards the grounds.
 
 
 
“Hey, about the Seiya guy, is he available?” Nanami asked gleefully. Miyu and Aya laughed.
 
“Well, as far as I know, he doesn't have one...” Miyu said putting a finger at her chin, mimicking someone who's thinking.
 
“Who doesn't have one?” Came a reply from behind the three girls.
 
“Seiya!” Miyu said. Aya and Nanami smiled at him. “Have you eaten? Come on, join us!” She said, offering a place for him to sit.
 
“Is it okay with you ladies?” He asked both of Miyu's friends.
 
“Sure!” And they all shared a prosperous meal. Unknown to them, a certain brown-haired boy was watching them at a distance, feeling more guilty as he did that morning.
 
 
AFTER CLASS, AT THE SAIONJI TEMPLE...
 
 
“Hi Wannya! Lu! I'm home!” Miyu said as she entered the temple. Lu greeted her with a smile with Wannya right behind him, looking a little worried.
 
“How was school?” He asked.
 
“It was terrific! My childhood best friend arrived for a vacation here in Japan!”
 
“That's great! Uhm, where's Kanata?” Miyu frowned as she heard Kanata's name.
 
“I don't know...” She said coldly. Wannya was taken aback by this expression Miy just showed. She was rarely being cold and more of a jolly type.
 
“Oh, well, I prepared dinner... Shall we?”
 
“Of course, I'm starving! Come Lu...” She said as she skipped to the kitchen with Lu in her arms. And as she entered the kitchen, the door quickly opened.
 
“I'm home...” Kanata said, a little less enthusiastic.
 
“Oh, hi Kanata! Welcome home!” Wannya said, noticing Kanata's current gloomy expression.
 
“Uh, well, is Miyu already home?” He asked a little cautiously. Wannya nodded.
 
“She's already in the kitchen with Lu.”
 
“Okay...” He said as he proceeded to head to the kitchen.
 
“Uhm...” Wannya hesitantly said. Kanata looked at him.
 
“Well, she's mad... at you... you know...” Wannya said. “Really mad...”
 
“I know...” He said and he still proceeded to the kitchen.
 
 
As Kanata entered the kitchen, he was taken aback by a picture he currently experiences. Miyu was there, Lu huddled in her arms, both smiling. But usually, he was there too, smiling as well.
 
“Papa!” Lu said as he flew from Miyu's arms to Kanata.
 
“Hi Lu...” He said as he pinched the baby's face, causing the latter to laugh.
 
“Miyu...” He continued to greet her, but she stood up.
 
“I'm done with dinner.” She said as she proceeded to head out of the kitchen when Kanata grabbed her arm.
 
“You haven't touched your dinner yet...”
 
“Oh, yeah, I haven't because I'm useless and Mr. Perfect is here. I can't measure up to him...” She said as she harshly pulled her arm away from Kanata. “Good night.”
 
Kanata just stared at the door, looking sadder and sadder.
 
“Well Lu, it looks like it's just you and me tonight...” He said as he sat down and ate.
 
Later that evening, Lu suddenly cried - a cry that sounds like he's in trouble.
 
“Master Lu, please what's the matter?” Wannya said, comforting the baby. The door opened and there was Miyu, looking extremely worried. She was shortly followed by Kanata.
 
“What's the matter Wannya?” Miyu asked as she approached Lu.
 
“I don't know... I think he's having a nightmare...”
 
“Lu, wake up... It's me...” Miyu said as Lu opened his eyes.
 
“Mama... Mama!” Lu shouted as he hugged Miyu.
 
“Oh Lu, it's okay, you're safe... Now go back to sleep... I'm right here...” She said as she hummed a song to bring Lu back to sleep. Wannya felt so relieved that Lu was slowly going back to sleep. Kanata smiled at the scene softly.
 
Shortly, after Lu was asleep. Kanata and Miyu went outside the room.
 
“Goodnight Wannya...” Miyu whispered as she walked outside the room. Kanata followed shortly.
 
“Kanata... please say sorry to her...” Wannya said as the door was closed.
 
 
“Uhm, Miyu...?” Kanata said as he walked towards Miyu. Miyu stopped walking.
 
“Well... I'm sorry... Really, I am...” Kanata said, looking down, suddenly seeming very interested with floor's wooden pattern.
 
“Sorry wouldn't do you any good Saionji... I suggest you go back to your room and shut your door because from what I have experienced, you do not want to mingle with people who are use-“ Miyu wasn't able to finish her sentence. Kanata hugged her from behind.
 
“You are not useless... You are the most important thing to me... I can't believe you would even say that...” Kanata said as he dug his head on Miyu's shoulder.
 
“But you said I was a pain in the head...?” Miyu said, head downcast. Kanata took this opportunity to stand in front of her. He held her chin up and made her look at him. He was surprised that Miyu's eyes were full of tears, full of pain.
 
“No, you're not... I can't imagine my life without you here anymore...” He gently wiped her tears away. “I was a jerk... I'm sorry, I only meant it to irk you... I-I didn't know you'd react that way...”
 
Miyu laughed a bit... Kanata was happy that somehow, this was working out.
 
“Well, how did I go?” Kanata said, smiling a bit. Miyu smiled ruefully.
 
“Well, you still have a lot of making up to do... But I guess you did well for... you did well...” Miyu said as she began to open the door to her room.
 
“I did well for a what?” Kanata said, walking towards her, smiling.
 
“Uhm, let me see... something really awful...” Miyu said, putting a finger on her chin. Kanata smiled and without warning, began tickling her senseless.
 
“Kanata! Stop, we'll wake Lu up...!” Miyu said as she defended against Kanata.
 
“Well, I'm not the one who's giggling...” Kanata said with a goofy grin.
 
“Wait Kanata!” Then Miyu stumbled on to her bed, losing balance, she grabbed the closest thing to her - Kanata and they both fell on the bed. Kanata on top.
 
They held that position for quite a while, both seemed really shocked. Kanata looked at Miyu, who was furiously blushing.
 
“Oh my! I'm so sorry! Am I interrupting something!?” Wannya said as he entered Miyu's room and saw the compromising position the two were in.
 
“Arrgh...!” Kanata growled, but before he stood up, he stole one short kiss from Miyu's cheek. FORTUNATELY, Miyu looked at him and instead of kissing her cheek, he kissed her lips instead. Both were shocked and drew away quickly.
 
Kanata stood up quickly and Miyu sat on the bed, both blushing hard.
 
“I am sorry!! I am going now!! I promise to knock next time!!” Wannya said hurrying to leave but both stopped him.
 
“Wannya wait! It's not what you think...” Kanata said in defense. Miyu nodded.
 
“Oh, then what was the kiss all about..? Wannya asked. Kanata and Miyu's eyes widened and a blush crept on their faces again.
 
“Uhm, well, it was accidental... You see...” Miyu said, looking down. Wannya decided to just let this slip for a while.
 
“Okay... Then I suggest let's go back to sleep... I was about to ask you help on where the extra bottles are but Lu seems to be really asleep so, never mind... Good night you two! And I see you've made up...” Wannya said as he entered Lu's room. Both sighed after a while.
 
“So, uhm, I guess this is good night then, Miyu.” Kanata said, with a slight blush, smiling at her.
 
“Yes, well, good night then Kanata...” Miyu said as she began to enter the room, but stopped abruptly and ran towards Kanata and kissed him on the cheek. She smiled at him and then entered her room, closing the door.
 
`She kissed me...' Kanata said touching the spot where Miyu kissed him and a goofy smile crept upon his handsome face...