Danny Phantom Fan Fiction ❯ Danny Phantom -- Return of The Reign ❯ From Shopping to Vlad's Realization ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Urgh...I REALLY don't like how most of this came out somewhat...Vlad's character stinks and so does the chapter title...please enjoy anyway!
 
 
~~CHAPTER EIGHT~~
~~FROM SHOPPING TO VLAD'S REALIZATION~~
 
“Danny!” Alissa cried, jumping up from the couch-bed in the Living Room, panting. With a sigh, she covered her face with both hands.
 
Just last night, Alissa had told Danny that she no longer wanted to consider herself a member of Team Phantom; it was like she didn't care about him anymore…which couldn't be farther from the truth! Not knowing how to stop the darkness from consuming her, she decided to, instead, prevent the darkness from growing in the first place, but the only way to do that was to renounce what caused her inner darkness to take over; and that, unfortunately, was Danny when he was in danger.
 
The good news was that Alissa no longer had the nightmare concerning what would happen if she let her inner shadows get the better of her; the bad news was that they were now replaced with her abandoning Danny, and him honestly giving up on her.
 
Alissa stretched and got up from the bed silently and sadly. Her eyes then focused on an envelope on the table just beside the couch, and taped to the envelope was a note. Also, just beside the note, was her cell phone. She pulled it off and read it.
 
 
*Gone to the store
See you around Noon
For you and Danielle
P.S. Sorry. Didn't give you your phone back. Here ya go*
 
 
Placing the note aside and opening the envelope, Alissa smiled that her parents had left her a good amount of money for shopping. She put the money back in, grabbed her phone, and turned on the TV after putting the couch in its former state. I should probably go wake Danielle up…and shower…not to mention eat…She chuckled at how silly she sounded. Her eyes caught sight of a nearby clock. 10:34 A.M.?! Jeez, forget Breakfast, Lunchtime's gonna start in less than 2 hours! Alissa quickly jumped up and ran to her room (quietly, though; Danielle still slept) to get her clothes, and then the bathroom to wash up, deciding that she and Danielle would eat at the mall.
 
As Alissa showered, Danielle slowly woke up, still in Alissa's room. She gently gripped at the comforter around her; this was the first time in a while that she had a real bed to sleep on…a nice, fluffy, comfy bed…she blinked as she looked around the room, wondering where Alissa was. She bounced off the bed and was about to leave the room before she walked backwards towards the nearby mirror above the dresser, seeing her still-pony-tailed hair a wreck. She pulled out her red hair scrunchy and placed it on the dresser as she threw her hair left and right before looking back in the mirror. Deciding to brush it later, she walked out the door, still in Alissa's old nightgown.
 
When Alissa was done showering, emerging from the bathroom wrapped in a towel with her phone in her hand, she was about to head upstairs to wake Danielle before knocking came to the door. She ran up to the door and stood on her toes so she could reach the eyepiece. Looking through, she saw a familiar man on the other side.
 
“Vlad?” Alissa thought out loud. She opened the door just a crack. “Vlad! What're you doing here?”

“Ah, good morning, Alison…are your parents home?”
 
“Uh, no, they won't be back for at least another hour…why?”
 
As they conversed, Danielle, still rubbing the sleepiness out of her eyes, looked over the stairway railing, seeing Alissa in a towel talking to someone on the other side of the door.
 
“No reason, I just need to talk to you…”
 
Danielle could recognize that voice in half a moment. She gasped and then made a small, short shriek, which immediately caused her to cover her mouth.
 
Unfortunately, that shriek caught both Alissa and Vlad's attention. They both turned their heads upward. Danielle? Alissa thought.
 
Vlad widened his eyes when he and Danielle made brief eye contact. Shortly after, Danielle ran.
 
Alissa was still staring at where Danielle once stood, but was snapped out of her trance when she felt the door press harder against her, Vlad trying to get in. Almost instinctively, Alissa quickly grabbed the chain lock and hooked it to the door, backing away. She then blinked. …Why did I just…?
 
“Alison, why did you…?” Vlad inquired, sounding like he was on the brink of insanity. [1]
 
“Why were you about to burst into my house?” Alissa asked back. “F.Y.I., I'M NOT EVEN DRESSED YET!” She then completely closed the door. “Now, wait here; I'll be right back.” She said as she quickly changed into the clothes she left on the couch, grabbed the envelope and her cell phone, and then ran towards her room, where Danielle ran.
 
Vlad growled under his breath. Originally, he came to Alissa's house to question her, for he had a feeling that she knew something…like this new “Lisa Phantasm” did…
 
But he currently had a new goal for now…he knew his eyes weren't lying at whom he had just seen.
 
Vlad went through the door via intangibility and proceeded through the house.
 
Meanwhile, Alissa burst into her room. “Danielle? Danielle!”
 
The young clone was on her bed, holding the pillow close to her small body. (AAWWW!!) Seeing Alissa, she jumped off the bed and ran to her, grabbing her by the arm. “What's HE doing here?!”
 
“…He who? Vlad? You know Vlad?”
 
“Of COURSE, I know him! What were we just talking about last night?!”

“…Wha…?”
 
“You, me, and Danny! Remember?!”
 
“…What the heck are you TALKING about?”
 
Danielle then blinked a few times. “…You mean…Danny didn't tell you?”
 
Alissa knelt down and placed her hands on Danielle's shoulders. “Danielle, didn't tell me what? Is there…something wrong with Vlad?”
 
Danielle didn't answer, but her expression was both blank and livid at the same time. Before either could say anything else, Danielle looked behind Alissa to see the door slowly creek open. She hastily pointed to it, making Alissa turn to it and gasp. She quickly slammed her back against it and kept her body propped there. “Who's there?!”
 
Danielle, knowing very well who it was, gasped and quickly ran into the closet. (I just wanna say now…Danielle is NOT afraid of Vlad, but right now, she feels defenseless. If she tries to fight him without Danny, she'll most likely die!)
 
Alissa, practically ripped the door of its hinges while opening it in slight fury, she gasped and made a small shriek upon seeing who it was. “Vlad! H--how'd you get in?! What the HECK were you doing?! I thought you already heard of knocking!”
 
“It's very rude to simply slam the door in someone's face, Alison. Especially twice.”

“Oh, right, and just WALKING into someone's house AND room IS?!” Alissa was extremely surprised at how cold she was sounding towards Vlad; it wasn't that it wasn't understandable, but something seemed to be different when she looked at him…
 
Nonetheless, as she spoke, Alissa placed her phone and money on the dresser as she was stomping Vlad out of the room. After that, Danielle had emerged from the closet. She would've gone invisible, but Vlad would still be able to see her. [2] She stared at the closed door in surprise; Alissa didn't know the truth about Vlad, and, as such, trusted him, and yet…she was still protecting her…
 
“I don't care what it is that you wanted to tell me, or what you think that you saw, I'm NOT gonna let you just come into my house unannounced and without my parents' consent! ESPECIALLY not MY ROOM!” Alissa shouted. “There's nothing there anyway!”
 
“Then why do you look so desperate to defend something?” Vlad countered.
 
“Because it's MY ROOM, you idiot!” Alissa said quickly, but then covered her mouth. Vlad stared at her in surprise and in repressed anger. Alissa looked back up at him, mouth still covered, and was slightly frightened at how he looked at her. Her eyes widened, however, when she saw the red fire-like entity run around Vlad's form once more.
 
Could that really be…his aura? Alissa thought. But that color and form…it means he's evil…he's not a good person…Her heart took over her thoughts again, keeping only one thought that she couldn't fully comprehend: Vlad was not a good person.
 
Alissa still couldn't grasp that thought, but her heart still made its voice be heard, and her body listened to it as well by grabbing Vlad by the vest and ruthlessly shoving him toward the front door, yet he fell to the floor. “Get OUT, Masters.” She said coldly.
 
Vlad was, to say the least, tremendously taken aback by Alissa's behavior, remembering how she was the day he awoke in her house, and how her manners changed once again when he questioned her loyalty to Daniel.
 
 
“I'm not gonna let anything, not even ghosts, get him!”
 
 
The only way a mousy girl like Alissa could act that way was if…if someone she cared about was in danger.
 
Smirking secretly, Vlad got up off the floor, pulled at the folds of his vest and walked toward the door, his eyes still on Alissa, and it gave her chills, especially when he kept his dark gaze on her even as he closed the door.
 
Alissa couldn't believe she acted that way. She liked Vlad! How could she have been so cold? Well, yeah, he intruded into her house and room, and that strange aura around him seemed to cloud her better judgment to make room for what her heart was saying and feeling, but…
 
Alissa was told to always listen to her heart, but when she did, she treated a friend like--
 
Shuddering away from the spell, Alissa gasped. “Danielle!” She cried, running back up the stairs, bursting through the door to her room. She gasped in horror when she saw the room empty. “No…” She looked toward her mirror, seeing the discarded red hair-band. She hastily ran to her window and grabbed the sill, her eyes zipping around for the girl; she was still in her stinking NIGHTGOWN!
 
Sighing and realizing that there was no other way, Alissa went back to her dresser, put her things into her red butterfly bag, and walked back to the window, seeing a tall tree just outside her window. “…The things I do for growing friendships…” She groaned as she leaped from the window, grabbing one of the branches before falling and grabbing another one lower than the last. She did this until she reached the ground. “Where's that kid?!” Alissa yelled. “…Man, she's gonna make me run…” She whined as she quickly ran around the yard, looking for the girl.
 
As Alissa did that, Vlad once more came into her house, and then her room, through intangibility. He looked around for signs that his “daughter” was, indeed, here. He scowled when he saw nothing. He turned away…but widened his eyes when he saw something on the door. He pulled it off, identifying it as Danielle's hat.
 
Vlad's eyes narrowed and turned full red. As he said the name of the hat's owner wrathfully, he tightened his hold on the hat, nearly ripping it in two.
 
“Danielle.”
 
~
“Yeah?”

“Where the heck are you?!”

“Up here!”
 
Alissa looked up to see that Danielle was sitting in the highest branch of the tree all along, waving to the irritated girl below and giggling. Alissa's face was twisted in anger, not wanting to admit how worried she truly was. She hastily climbed back up the tree, surprising both Danielle and herself. “Get back down here! You're still in an outfit meant for SLEEPING! C'mon!” She grabbed Danielle by locking her arm around her.
 
Unfortunately, Alissa wasn't quite so careful going back down the tree and the next thing they both knew, Alissa was face-first into the grass and Danielle was sitting on her head. (XD XD XD!!! I NEED to draw that!)
 
“GEEDDD OOUUFF MEEH, BUULLDUURR BUDDT!!” [3] Alissa's muffled scream was able to get Danielle to tumble off her, but to also start laughing, especially as the older girl tried to pry herself from the ground. She whipped her head toward the laughing child, eyes filled with aggravation.
 
“Hey, be nice…I've got your food money.”

Danielle immediately stopped laughing, but she crossed her arms with an annoyed yet defeated look.
 
“Good girl.” Alissa said as she got to her feet, and then helped Danielle get to hers. “Luckily, I doubt anyone will know that that's a nightgown…so…c'mon! Let's go!” She said while running off.
 
“Hey! Wait up!” Danielle cried, running after her. She wanted to tell Alissa about Vlad, but she wanted to see why Danny hadn't told her yet…maybe it was important that Alissa didn't know yet.
 
Besides…she was hungry.
 
~
It was a good walk to Amity Park Mall; however, Danielle claimed that her feet started to hurt and Alissa ended up carrying the younger on her back. (^^;)
 
The moment they got there, they went to the Clothes Department and, after much coaxing, found Danielle a sweet little outfit. [4] Right after that, they went to the Food Court, which made Danielle extremely happy.
 
“Will you relax, kid? It's not going anywhere!” Alissa said as she watched Danielle rapidly consume everything in front of her, starting with her box of French Fries.
 
Immediately after her little tease, Alissa widened her eyes slightly and looked down, feeling horrible for what she just said. Danielle was homeless, she had to remind herself that…she was homeless and, as such, didn't really have a great option of food.
 
“What was that?” Danielle asked, momentarily ceasing her consumption.
 
“…N…nothing…never mind…” Alissa said softly as she bit into her hamburger. Danielle looked at her in surprise and confusion, but shrugged and resumed gobbling her rations, causing Alissa to smile slightly.
 
Danielle then remembered what she needed to tell Alissa. “Hey…” She started with her mouth full. “How's Danny?”

Alissa could've sworn her heart stopped. “Uh…um…I don't know at this very moment…I'm sure he's fine, though…”
 
~
Danny sighed heavily as he held his head up by his hand while his elbow laid on the armrest of the couch in the Living Room of his house. Sam and Tucker were sitting right beside him, their eyes on Summer as she sat beside them, tapping away quickly at her laptop.
 
“What exactly are you looking for that could help us?” Sam asked.
 
“I'm not 100% sure it CAN help us, but I found it after talking with Ali the other night. She mentioned that she saw…something around someone lately…she wouldn't tell me who, though…in curiosity, I looked into it, and came up with this!” Summer said as she then turned her laptop toward the other three, revealing a documentary-like website on auras. Tucker and Sam leaned in closer in interest while Danny simply glanced at it, his form still showing sadness.
 
 
In New Age belief, Aurarefers to the energy field emanating from the surface of a person or object. This emanation is visualized as an outline of cascading color and may be held to represent soul vibrations, chakric emergence, or a reflection of surrounding energy fields. Auras may be viewed by the naked eye, though some psychics, like Edgar Cayce, believe this ability weakens with age. Focused training may improve one's ability to see auras. Layers of aura are separate and distinct yet connected to all the remaining layers. In the books of Carlos Castaneda auras are referred to as luminous cocoons.
 
 
“Whoa…” Sam said simply.
 
Even Danny, who was still down for some reason, had become intrigued. “So, auras are these…these things of light that show what the kind of person someone's really like on the inside?”

“Yeah, pretty much…” Summer said with a shrug.
 
“So…do, like, I have an aura, too?” Danny asked, placing his hands on his chest, signaling that he was talking about himself.
 
“Everyone has an aura, Danny.” Sam said, turning back to him. “And every aura is different in color and form.”
 
“Wow…” Tucker said as he turned to Sam. “You just went from Goth to, like, Hippie!”
 
Sam glared at the Geek, but said nothing.
 
“I gotta show Ali this!” Summer said as she slammed her laptop shut and stood up. She then turned to Danny. “Hey, you wanna come with? I'm sure Ali wouldn't mind seeing you whenever she can!” She said with a wink.
 
“I'll bet…” Danny said sadly as he then turned back from his friends. He received stares from everyone.
 
“What do you mean?” Summer asked.
 
“She…won't wanna see me…”
 
“Why not? It's impossible for you two to have started a fight…” Tucker said. “She likes you too much to argue with you!”
 
“Agreed…” Sam said, almost scornfully.
 
“I don't know, either!” Danny snapped, swiftly turning his head back to them. He then realized what he just did and turned his head toward the ground. “I…don't know why, but…I think I got dumped…”
 
As if the kids' eyes couldn't get any wider. “WHAAAA?!” Each one said at once.
 
“I told you! I don't know!” Danny cried.
 
“Well, what did she say?” Sam asked.
 
“Was it our fault?” Tucker asked.
 
As they conversed, Summer turned from the three and pulled out her cell phone.
 
~
“YIPE!” Alissa cried as her bag started shaking from her cell phone's vibration.
 
“Are you okay?!” Danielle cried as she finished swallowing her drink.
 
“Y--yeah, it's no problem…just my phone…” Alissa answered as she reached into her bag, pulled out her phone, and flipped it open.
 
Summer Jacobs Calling.
 
“You…just…keep eating.” Alissa said to Danielle. She then brought the phone to her ear. “Hello?”
 
**
 
“Hey, Ali…” Summer said.
 
**
 
“Uh…is everything okay?”
 
“Well…yes and no…”
 
Alissa's face showed confusion.
 
**
 
“Listen, I looked up what you were talking about last night. They're called auras…”
 
“Yeah, I do know that much…what are they supposed to tell people?”
 
“Well, like you figured, they reveal…`soul vibrations,' which I'm pretty sure means personality…”
 
**
 
“Okay…” Alissa said quietly as she lowered the phone, her eyes off, thinking about Vlad again. So…he really was a bad person?
 
“Anyway…”
 
“Oh! Yeah, Summer?” Alissa quickly brought the phone back up to her ear.
 
**
 
“There's something I gotta ask…”
 
“Anything!”
 
Summer glanced back at Danny, seeing then his friends were failing in brightening Danny back up to his usual, vigorous self. She gave him something rare: a sad gaze. Danny had become a special friend to her for helping her and her best friend when in need.
 
Still giving the Ghost Boy a sad face, Summer answered Alissa. “…What happened between you and Danny?”
**
 
Alissa's eyes widened and she gasped heavily. Losing her balance a little, her chair started to fall back until it crashed into the ground, taking her with it.
 
Danielle gasped and got off her chair to rush to the fallen redhead. “What the heck happened to you?!”
 
Alissa seemed unaware of Danielle presence, for she immediately scrambled to balance herself on her bottom half, the phone still at her ear.
 
“What the heck was that?!” Summer asked through the phone.
 
“Nothing, nothing!” Alissa cried. “What did you say?!”

“…I asked what happened between you and Danny.” Alissa's eyes were wide in fret and hurt. She was worried this would happen…
 
“I mean, he's dragging himself, he'll barely speak, and he's just…off! I don't know how else to put it! Did you two fight? If it's because of us, we're sorry!” Summer went on, unaware that the hand that was holding the phone started shaking violently.
 
“…We…didn't…fight…” Alissa's voice was shaking just as badly as her hand.
 
“Well, then, what…?”
 
“I--I'm sorry! Just tell him I'm sorry!” Alissa cried, quickly hanging up the phone.
 
**
 
Summer swiftly pulled the phone from her ear somewhat and stared at it in shock. Ali…what's gotten into you? What's gotten into the lonely girl who actually befriended this lonely girl?
 
“Hey, Summer! What's up?” Tucker called, noticing Summer's almost broken expression.
 
Summer quickly turned to the Geek. “Guys…we have to go to the mall. I have a very bad feeling that Ali needs us more than ever.”
 
**
 
“What in the WORLD was THAT?” Danielle asked as Alissa slowly got up and picked her chair back up with her.
 
Alissa's eyes were glassy with unshed tears. “It's…involving…” She turned from Danielle and looked at her wristwatch, revealing it to be about 1:00. She wiped her eyes thoroughly and exhaled sharply before turning back to Danielle, her long red hair bouncing as she did so. “So! Anything else you wanna do?”
 
Danielle was a little stunned at the sudden change of face, showing that stun in her wide eyes. She did gasp, however, and turn when she heard thunder rumbling.
 
The table they were sitting at was nearby a window, and, as such, they could hear the upcoming weather. “Oh, for the love of…” Alissa started as she walked towards the window, placing her hands on it as she looked outside. “Another thunderstorm?!” She whined, almost. “Must be because it's summer…” She turned back to Danielle. “Sorry, kid…but we're gonna have to head home before the storm gets any worse.”
 
“I'm not a ki…i…” Danielle was interrupted by her own yawning. No! Don't fall asleep! You gotta talk to your cousin…! The little one started to fall off her seat but was immediately caught by Alissa, who was now holding her in her arms. “I don't get it…I already slept…”
 
“Well…have you been sleeping recently?” Alissa asked.
 
“Um…well…I did sleep at your house, but the night before that I only slept for, about, 2 hours while trying to find Amity Park again, and then I was up for the entire rest of the day trying not only to fight those stupid ghosts but to also keep myself from melting…”
 
Alissa rolled her eyes. “Oh…just get on.” She positioned Danielle on her back, holding her up by her arms as she also held the bags containing what they bought, including her own. “Let's go…” She said, fighting a smile as she proceeded out of the mall.
 
Stopping in the middle of the mall's parking lot, Alissa blinked and slightly turned her eyes toward the now gently-breathing slightly girl. She could no longer resist her smile and broadened it out. She barely even felt the rain slapping onto her, and, apparently, neither could Danielle, for she kept on sleeping soundlessly.
 
Alissa let her smile widen, if possible. Like last night, she couldn't help but feel…right having Danielle beside her like this. Danny had once informed her that she was lucky to be an only child, but in truth, she felt lonely. It was kind of saddening coming home without someone other than your parents asking how your day was…
 
Even if they drove her mad…Alissa had wanted a sibling.
 
And somehow…she seemed to have gotten her wish.
 
However, when Alissa finally pried her eyes from Danielle and faced them forward, her mouth fell open, releasing a gasp, and her eyes went wide. “…Oh, no…”
 
Far in the distance, a horrid and familiar black mass of ghosts started to come forward.
 
As Alissa started to breathe quickly and heavily in panic, Danielle awoke. “Huh? W--wha's wrong?”
 
“Um…n--nothing!” Alissa said, forcing a smile. “You just go back to sleep!” She went on as she held Danielle tighter as she started to jog slightly. She then twisted into an alleyway. “Trust me, absolutely nothing is--”
 
Alissa stopped and gasped when she saw Vlad Plasmius hovering right in front of her, arms folded and face cold and hard as stone.
 
Alissa slowly started to back away as Danielle slowly opened her eyes again; the moment they locked onto Vlad, she gripped Alissa's shoulders tighter with a small squeak.
 
In truth, Alissa was just as petrified as Danielle at the moment, but she had to be strong for the both of them. She narrowed her eyes. “Have we met?”
 
“That's exactly what I wanted to ask you, Ms. Baker…” Vlad said as he then landed. He started to walk closer to the two girls; Alissa fought the urge to back away. “I'm terribly sorry if I make you feel intimidated…”
 
WHICH you DON'T…” Alissa said through clenched teeth.
 
Vlad glared harder at her, his red eyes flashing. “…But I can't help but feel that you're somehow involved in this entire ghostly mess. Especially with young Danny Phantom.”
 
“How so?”
 
“Well, for one thing, just two nights ago, you were fighting alongside him. For another thing, he carried you to safety…” Vlad said, thrusting his face closer towards Alissa's. “…And you seemed intimate the entire time.”
 
“Really? My goodness, aren't you smart?” Alissa's gaze hardened. “Well, let me handle the third thing for you.” For a quick second, her eyes went to Danielle. “I know what you've done to this poor girl. I know because he told me…and if you think you can come here and try to attack either of us, or try to get information from me, then you're probably just as WHACKED as your HAIRSTYLE!
 
Vlad pulled his hand back, causing it to ripple in energy. “Wrong thing to say.” Was the only warning Alissa got before he fired his Ghost Ray at her. Both girls shrieked…
 
The ray never came.
 
“…You?!”
 
Alissa and Danielle gasped when they saw the Fright Knight in front of them; he had used his sword to deflect Vlad's blast. “Forgive me, Master Plasmius…” He started to say, but he then cried out and held his neck.
 
Alissa widened her eyes; the Fright Knight was wearing a choker, too…
 
When the choker stopped hurting the Fright Knight, he held his sword out towards Vlad. “…I cannot call you that anymore…forgive me, but I cannot let you assault the elder girl!” He then slashed his sword across, trying to hit Vlad, but he dodged it, and a fight ensued.
 
“Hold on, Dani!” Alissa cried as she quickly went about-face and ran, trying to avoid the rogue ghosts.
 
(*Remember, it's a thunderstorm! And ghosts are everywhere! Keep that in your mental imagery!*)
 
**
 
Danny Phantom flew just above Sam, Tucker, and Summer, who were riding on their scooters. They were quickly riding away from the ghosts chasing them as Danny shot at them. They were trying to get to Amity Park Mall by the orders of Summer, but as soon as the storm hit and the ghosts returned, they immediately did a U-turn.
 
“You had to suggest going to the mall!” Sam yelled at Summer.
 
“Excuse me for WORRYING ABOUT MY FRIEND!” Summer yelled back.
 
“There's a pattern in this, I just know it!” Tucker said as he skidded to the side, avoiding a growing puddle. “But I just don't know what!”
 
Danny bit his lip, thinking and worrying about Alissa and Danielle; if something happened to either of them and he wasn't there for them…
 
Danny then widened his eyes and looked up at the sky. The storm clouds were hiding the sun. “…Darkness…” He murmured.
 
“What?” The three said at once.
 
“Darkness! That's it!” Danny cried. “Don't you get it? That's how the ghosts have been working!”
 
**
 
“What do you mean?” Danielle asked Alissa.
 
“Nightshade is the ghost of darkness, in case you didn't know.” Alissa spoke as she ran, figuring it all out as well. “And, like I said, he's taken over the entire Ghost Zone; if all the ghosts are wearing that choker, and, as such, are bonded to him…”
 
**
 
“…Then they must've also become bonded to his powers, which are stronger in the dark!” Danny cried. “Remember? The first couple of times a ghost invasion happened, it was at night!
 
“…I guess I should stop worshipping darkness for a while, huh?” Sam asked. Danny just gave her a look and grabbed all three of them, making them invisible and intangible, so they dropped down into the ground.
 
They then came back up in the middle of a grove of trees.
 
“Well, then, wait…” Tucker said. “In that case, why wasn't there a ghost attack last night?”
 
Danny looked down. “…It's gotta have something to do with what happened at school…as if Nightshade was only sending the ghosts until that happened…and there were only a few ghosts chasing Danielle…to Ali…” He said, slowly figuring it out. “Wulf was right; I still don't really understand how or why, but this all has something to do with Ali!”
 
“I gotta call her! I need to know that she's okay!” Summer cried as she pulled out her phone.
 
**
 
“Uh…Danielle? Could you get that?” Alissa said as she felt her bag vibrating.
 
Danielle bent over, pulled the bag up by the straps, and pulled out the cell phone. She flipped it opened and held it to Alissa's ear.
 
“Yeah?” Alissa said, trying to sound calm.
 
**
 
“Ali, it's me again!”

**

“S--Summer?! …Okay, listen, about earlier…”
 
**

“Not now! We figured out how the ghost attacks are planned!”

**

“I just did, too!”
 
**
 
“Really? …Uh, okay, then! C'mon over! We'll fight these guys together! Halfa, Drifter, and messed up kids united as one!”
 
“…Hey!” The others yelled.
 
**
 
Alissa's eyes went wide. “No! I--I can't!”
 
**
 
“She won't come.” Danny said.
 
“Why won't she?!” Summer cried.
 
“…Because she doesn't wanna be on our team anymore.”
 
The kids went wide-eyed.
 
**
 
Danielle, who was overhearing, went wide-eyed as well. “WHAT?!”
 
“What do you mean `what?'”
 
“You left Danny and the others?!”
 
“…” Alissa couldn't say anything.
 
“How could you?! I thought you said Danny was your best friend!”
 
“…B--because I need to defeat Nightshade on my own! It's the only safe way!”
 
“SAFE?! HOW THE HECK IS THAT SAFE?!”
 
**
 
“Ali, who're you talking to?” Summer asked when she heard an unfamiliar childish voice.
 
**
 
“Um…Danielle, Danny's cousin.”
 
**
 
Summer took the phone from her ear for a moment with an extremely confused face. She then showed that face to Danny, who guessed what Alissa had said.
 
“…It's complicated.” Danny said nervously. He then rushed to the phone. “Ali!”
 
**
 
Alissa's heart skipped a few beats. “…Ba--Danny?”
 
**
 
“I don't care if you're not part of us anymore; are you okay?! Is Danielle okay?!”
 
**
 
Alissa's eyes started to waver with tears. “…We're fine…we had a little run-in with Overbite earlier, but we're fine…”
 
As Alissa spoke and darted, a ghost came down and took hold of Danielle, raising her up, by Nightshade's orders. Danielle's scream and observation of weight loss on her back caused Alissa to turn and see the ghost taking Danielle away. “NO!” She screamed in horror. She grabbed the ghost's tail and was succeeding in pulling him down until he ducked down and slashed his claws across her leg. She cried out and released the ghost, falling to her knees. Her face was still on the abducted clone, not noticing the slice from him had ripped across her pocket, causing her choker to be on the cold, wet ground.
 
Man, she's gonna make me run again…” Alissa whined as she struggled to get up.
 
Meanwhile, Vlad had become victorious in the fight with the Fright Knight, but he had become exhausted and reverted back to his human form and collapsed out of the alleyway. As that happened, David and Kelly were returning from their errand and were running towards the mall, hoping that Alissa wasn't still there because of the ghost attack. They saw Vlad, however, and ran to him, helping him up.
 
As they did that, Kelly then saw Alissa attempting to get back to her feet while ignoring the pain on her leg. “ALISSA!” Kelly had screamed, and the said girl turned to see the three adults.
 
They all ran to her and Kelly was about to embrace her daughter, but she had taken her bags off her shoulder and gave them to her parents. “Hold these…Danielle needs me.” She whispered so that Vlad wouldn't hear. She turned and was about to run, but she fell to her knees again.
 
“Darling!” David cried, running to his child along with Kelly.
 
Vlad stepped forward, but pulled his foot back when he realized that he had stepped on something. He looked down and recognized it as a necklace. He knelt down and picked it up.
 
“Alison, is this--” Vlad started, but he took another good look at the necklace. He widened his eyes as he recognized it as the choker around each and every ghost…and Lisa Phantasm.
 
“What are you…?” Alissa started as she turned back towards Vlad. She gasped when she saw her choker. “Oh, my gosh! I didn't even notice that it fell out of my pocket!” She said as she reached for it…
 
The moment Alissa's hand met with Vlad's, he grabbed her wrist with his other hand and pulled her into an arm-lock. His suspicions had been confirmed.
 
David and Kelly cried out for their daughter and were about to run to her before a few more ghosts grabbed them and pulled them away, also by Nightshade's orders.
 
“MOM! DAD!” Alissa screamed as her hands helplessly held onto Vlad's arm.
 
“I know who you are now.” Vlad said.
 
“…W--what? What're you talking about? Of course you know who I am! I told you my name when we met and you decided to call me Alison!” Alissa cried as she started to pull at Vlad's arm.
 
“That's not what I meant…I meant that I know who you also are…Phantasm.
 
Alissa's eyes went wide and she stopped struggling. Vlad smirked in his victory.
 
~
 
The ghosts that had grabbed David and Kelly slammed them against the wall of a building. The ghosts then charged at them but David had pulled out the Ecto-Gun Jack had given him and fired at each and every ghost.
 
Kelly stared at him in surprise and wonder. “You've…always had that in your pocket?”

“…Just in case.” David said as he then blew the smoke from the gun away. He then charged toward Vlad and Alissa.
 
~
 
“…H--how…why…how…” Alissa barely spoke, her senses stunned. Her head was leaning forward and her eyes were wide.
 
“And it all has something to do with this, doesn't it?” Vlad went on, gripping the choker in his other hand tighter.
 
“…M--my choker…Vlad…give me back my choker…” Alissa's mind was still numb in shock; her eyes weren't even facing Vlad.
 
“Why? What does it do? How does it enable you to become that ghostly girl?”
 
Alissa couldn't speak after that. Just then, a scream filled her ears and she shot her head up, her eyes once more gaining light.
 
“DANIELLE!!!”
 
Alissa took Vlad's arm and BIT into it, pulling. With a scream of pain, Vlad released her and Alissa grabbed her choker. As Vlad fell to the ground and Alissa was about to run off, she heard Vlad chuckle before making another comment. “…Just like last time…”
 
Alissa turned back to him, eyes showing confusion, not remembering another time she had bit him. She watched in horror as he started to ascend, but David suddenly ran up and punched Vlad hard in the face, knocking him back down. “Don't you EVER touch my daughter again.”
 
Alissa, glaring down at Vlad, wrapped the choker around her neck. The moment Lisa came out, she flew toward where she heard the scream. David and Kelly were surprised that Alissa had done that in front of Vlad. David looked back down at the billionaire, whose eyes were wide with surprise and on Alissa's body. Then, with a hard look, he went intangible and disappeared into the ground. David and Kelly gasped in horror.
 
Meanwhile, Dani Phantom skidded across the roof, losing to the ghost. She instantly bounced back up and balled her hands into fists while hovering.
 
The ghost rapidly flew toward her with his claws out. Dani screamed…
 
Lisa immediately grabbed Dani and flew out of the ghost's path. After they slid to a halt they exchanged glances. Lisa smiled…and Dani did as well.
 
The ghost zoomed toward them again, and Lisa gently pushed Dani aside and held her hand out; her Ecto-Blade appeared and she immediately grabbed it. When the ghost was inches from them, a green energy beam shot from the tip of the sword and blasted the ghost far, far away.
 
“Yes!” Lisa cried triumphantly.
 
“…Cooooooooool…” Dani cooed in wonder.
 
Lisa helped Dani to her feet and looked up; both of them gasped. On the other side of the roof was a drenched Vlad Masters. Thunder crashed in the distance.
 
Dani clenched his fists as Lisa slowly stepped closer and closer to Vlad, her eyes looking like she was trying to pierce something hidden within him. “…I've been wondering why you were captured and shoved in the Ghost King's face…and you also know that the ghosts are after me…which leads to only one thing: they're after you too, aren't they?”
 
Vlad crossed his arms with a smirk. “Like I said before…smart girl.” His smirk faded. “I overheard them recently. They said they wanted to capture me, but they wanted to capture you first for reasons I don't know.”
 
Lisa's eyes narrowed. “But why? Why are they after you? Who…what ARE you, Vlad?”
 
Vlad's smirk returned. “I suppose it's only fair.” He said as he then transformed into his ghost half.
 
Lisa gasped in absolute horror; she even backed up a little. Her eyes were wide and filled with reluctant fear.
 
Vlad came closer. “The ghosts are after me because they still believe me to possess something that belongs to the Ghost King…however…” He smirked again. “I can't help but feel that the ghosts are after you because the silver-haired ghost believes you to be his possession. Am I right?”
 
“I was once…never again, and he can't make me no matter what!” Lisa cried, voice quivering.
 
“I see…tell me, little Lisa, are you afraid of him?” Vlad asked. Lisa's eyes widened, but narrowed again. Vlad chuckled. “Okay, no…fine, then. It's settled. We both have a common enemy; maybe we can help each other out.” He extended out a hand. “If you can tell me who the ghost behind this entire mess is, and how to defeat him…”
 
Lisa stared at the offered hand for a moment before looking back up at Vlad and raising an eyebrow. “…That has to be the sickest thing you've ever said. There's NO WAY I'm gonna team up with a MONSTER like YOU and tell you EVERYTHING that's been going on just to help you protect your own NASTY BLUE SKIN!!” She screamed, but instantly regretted it as Vlad's red eyes flashed with his anger and he brought his hand up to make a fist, which rippled with energy.
 
Vlad continued to come closer, and Lisa immediately aimed her sword at him, almost poking him in the nose. Her grip was shaking, however. “Don't…TOUCH us.”
 
Vlad gave her a look, grabbed her sword, and flung it away. Lisa gasped and backed away more. Growling a little, Dani jumped up and was about to punch Vlad in the face but he grabbed her by the neck and threw her against Lisa, causing them both to fall to the floor. Lisa gasped in dismay when she saw Dani's weakened state; her eyes were closed and she was moaning in pain. With a cry, Lisa lunged at Vlad, successfully knocking him down.
 
However, two rays came out of his eyes and zapped Lisa, knocking her off him. After she fell to the ground and attempted to get back up, Vlad loomed above her and his hand fired another ray at her…
 
The ray bounced away for Danny had deflected it with Lisa's sword.
 
Lisa gasped when she saw her still-beloved Ghost Boy. “I believe this is yours…” Danny said with a smile as he handed the weapon back to its owner. Lisa grasped it tightly, confused about why Danny had come.
 
“Well, isn't that adorable?” Vlad said before he attacked Danny with a Ghost Ray. He screamed as she tumbled back. “And now it's not.”
 
Lisa tried to slash him with her sword, but he kept dodging; that is, until a green Ghost Ray knocked him down. Lisa looked up, seeing Dani standing up, her hands smoking from the blast.
 
“Didn't I tell you to STAY AWAY FROM MY COUSIN?!” Dani yelled. Growling, Vlad fired another ray at her, but she dodged it. Unfortunately, another blast did hit her and she crashed into Danny, causing the both of them to fall of the roof. Lisa ran to the rim of the roof, not seeing either Phantoms. She gripped her sword in both fret and anger. She was filled with relentless hatred toward Vlad for everything he had done, said, and lied about. With a quick turnaround and a cry, she lunged at him and swung her sword down as well.
 
Vlad quickly went to the side and Lisa's sword crashed into the ground. Vlad smirked at her, but when Lisa looked up at him, she was the one smirking. He was confused, but she pointed to his shoulder. He slowly touched his upper arm and pulled his hand back, extremely surprised to see that he had been wounded. Still smirking, Lisa brought her sword back up, revealing it to have green ectoplasm on it.
 
Roaring almost, Vlad lunged at her, but she was able to roll away, though he was able to almost grab her ponytail, causing her hairband to rip. Her long, long black hair fell even on her face. She quickly turned her face back to him, her eyes deadly.
 
“Ah…no wonder that ghost wants you as his little one so badly…” Vlad chuckled. “You're exactly like him.”
 
Lisa's eyes nearly bulged out at that, and they glimmered crimson. She slowly got up, her hair streaming across the floor. “You won't live long enough to regret those words…” She said slowly and dangerously as she got up. She then tilted her head closer toward Vlad…before she flew toward him at extreme speed. Vlad tried to dodge, but her ray hit him square in the chest and he almost fell off the roof. As he got back to his feet, he fired a Ghost Ray at her, but she held her sword up in front of her face; the ray rammed into the sword and it rattled and shook with the power. Grunting, Lisa then swung her sword sideways, releasing the ray right back at Vlad. The moment it came in contact with him, his whole body looked like it was being electrocuted. He screamed and slipped off the roof. Lisa dived down after him, her eyes completely scarlet.
 
Not long after Vlad crashed into the ground, Lisa grabbed him by the collar and threw him into the building wall. After that, she pulled him out from his body dent and fired a Ghost Ray at him, sending him back into the wall. She then pulled him out again and punched him hard in the gut. As he toppled backward, she fired another ray.
 
Vlad groaned in pain and exhaustion and fell to the ground, de-transforming. Lisa smirked at his weak state. He looked up at her with drained cerulean eyes. “Alison…s--stop…think about what you're doing…”
 
Lisa's face twisted into anger. “You've lost the privilege to call me that.” She said as she knelt down and pulled him up by the collar once more. “Time to put an old man out of his misery…” She said as she pulled her fist back as it rippled in energy.
 
“ALI, NO!” Danny flew almost out of nowhere and grabbed Lisa by the wrists. Vlad fell to the ground, unconscious. “Stop! You'll kill him!” He cried as Lisa wrestled against his grip. He gasped when he saw something off in her eyes; just like at school. “Ali…what's happening to you?”
 
Suddenly, as if Danny's warm voice was piercing her, Lisa's eyes went wide and a small gasp came from her lips. She closed her eyes and, groaning a bit, practically collapsed into Danny's arms.
 
Dani flew up from one side while Sam, Tucker, and Summer drove on their scooters from the other side.
 
“What happened?” Summer asked in worry.
 
“It'd be nice if one of you told me.” Dani said with a shrug.

“It'd be nice if I knew.” Danny said, still holding Lisa. Suddenly, the rain stopped and most of the clouds hiding the sun parted. The ghosts flying around screeched and screamed in horror and pain, evaporating back to the Ghost Zone.
 
“Well…that was easy.” Sam said.
 
Zero and Sapphire suddenly came down from the sky. “Hey, you guys! Are you all okay?” Sapphire asked. “We were so worried because the ghosts returned and those ridiculous people in white suits were flying all around, too…LISA!” The ghost lovers quickly hovered to Danny and Lisa.
 
“It's okay…I got her…you two, I need you to drop him off at my house.” Danny said, pointing to Vlad.
 
“Aww, do they have to?” Dani whined. Summer, who still didn't know about Vlad, was confused.
 
“I don't want him dead…horribly maimed will do.” Danny said, causing everyone to laugh gently. “I got Lisa, just get Vlad out of here, and you guys…” Danny said, turning to the human kids. “Get out of here and get yourselves ready for later tonight…when the ghost assault happens again…” They nodded and drove off. Zero and Sapphire grabbed Vlad, not really liking it for some reason even they didn't know, and flew him away.
 
Danny continued to hold Lisa in his arms until she awoke. She remembered and recognized the warmth of this embrace as Danny's…and she felt both ecstatic and aghast at the same time. She quickly shoved Danny away, to his great surprise.
 
For a moment, they both just stood there in silence. “Danny…” Lisa finally said. “…I'm sorry!” With that, she went flew away into the sky.
 
“Hey!” Dani cried, flying after the Drifter.
“Lisa, wait! Lisa! Ali!” Danny cried, trying to fly after the two girls, but immediately lost sight of them both. He didn't notice the enemy approaching him from behind…
 
Just as he turned, Danny gasped before he was captured.
 
“Gotcha, Ghost Boy…”

~

[1] Well, actually, he's already insane...XD
[2] I actually don't know if Vlad is able to do that, but I know some ghosts can...
[3] “GET OFF ME, BOULDER BUTT!!” (XD!! Poor Danielle…)
[4] Think the outfit I gave her in my fanart “Danielle's New Look.”
(Please read my biography for the link to my artworks; for some reason, uploading them to MM isn't working…)


AAH! BABE! ;o;
By the way, I didn't write that description of auras, I snatched that off of Wikipedia...
Oh, so now Vlad and Alissa know about each other...and Ali 'n' Dani were bonding! ^^
Seeya!