Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Chocolate Covered Starwberries ❯ Please? ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Raito stared at the plate of double chocolate covered strawberries that had been thrust into his hands by Misa as she had left for the airport to fly to her next shoot. Raito suspected that he was supposed to think it cute and endearing and thank her for it when she came back in a few weeks.
 
“What the hell am I suppose to do with these?” he grumbled to himself as he wandered back into the Kira investigation HQ. Even after he entered he was staring at the plate like it might be contaminated with something. He didn't even notice that there was only a single occupant in the room as he walked through it slowly.
 
“Raito-kun?” L called.
 
Raito continued to stare at the plate.
 
L looked over at Raito when he didn't answer.
 
“Raito-kun, what…?” he stopped when he saw what Raito was holding. He was out of the chair and padding quickly towards Raito. Raito looked up suddenly when he heard L coming towards him. When he saw L's cute, childish look of want at the sight of the strawberries he smirked softly.
 
Oh? He wants these?
 
As L reached out a hand towards the plate, Raito pulled it as far to the right and as high up as he could. L's hand and eyes followed. Raito pulled it to the far left when his hand got close. L's hand and eyes still followed. Finally, Raito held it far over his head. This time L stared at the plate and chewed on the pad of his thumb.
 
What are you going to do L? Raito thought, thoroughly enjoying himself.
 
Strawberries… L thought sadly. Suddenly, he got an idea.
 
To say Raito was surprised by L's next move would not have been an understatement as he found himself suddenly talked to the floor with a happy L straddling his stomach and holding the plate of chocolate strawberries.
 
As Raito struggled weakly L picked up one of the strawberries and munched happily on it. Raito sighed as he resigned himself to be in his position for a while, though he had finally noticed that there was no one else in the room.
 
“Fine, but you owe me for using me as a chair.” He informed L with another sigh.
 
“Of course Raito-kun.” L answered absently as he picked up another strawberry.