Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Death Note : Rebirth ❯ On the Precipice of Defeat ( Chapter 36 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER 8
 
ON THE PRECIPICE OF DEFEAT
 
“Is everything alright down there, Jirou?”
“It depends on how you look at it.”
“What do you mean?”
“Well, Ryuk is with the boy and they are using the Death Note as planned.”
“That's the good part, right?”
“Right. But it seems that your sister is dead and Aizawa is pursuiting the both of them.”
“That is, indeed, half bad.”
“Only half, sir?”
“It's nothing that can't be solved. Go back and tell Ryuk not to kill Aizawa or any other human unless I say so. Also, he must not reveal any information on anything else that's going on here.”
“Understood.”
Five minutes later, Jirou left once again the death god realm and Light went to take care of the Death Note crate that Misa was bringing.
Meanwhile, Enma was struggling as hard as he could to escape the seal that Busou had put on him. Currently he was in a cave deep inside the mountains and was unable to move either his hands or his legs. They were tied to the walls by some sort of energy chains, almost invisible to the naked eye. Busou's acolytes were guarding all of the eight entrances of the cave and they were also making sure that the chains wouldn't fail and that Enma would have no chance of escaping.
“Light.”
“Yes, Mikami.”
“The seal won't hold much longer. He could escape and kill all of us any moment now.”
“What options do we have?”
“Only to kill him.”
“Is that even possible?”
“Shibou said he might have an idea.”
“Bring him here. I want to hear what he has in mind.”
“Very well.”
In half an hour, Mikami returned with one of Busou's main acolytes, Shibou.
“I was told that you know how to kill Enma.”
“I am not certain that it would work, but there is a sixty percent possibility that it will.”
“Say it.”
“Well, as far as I know, unlike the rest of us, Enma is composed only of pure energy. No flesh, no bones, no nothing. All we have to do is to consume all of that energy until there's nothing left of him. So we have to find a device or something similar that uses as much energy as possible.”
“But there are no devices in the death god realm.”
“I know, that's why we have to -“
“ -get one from the human world.”
“Right.”
“Good. I have a contact down there. I'll get that device in one day.”
“Thank you, sir.”
“Return to your post for now.”
“Understood.”