Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Falling ❯ Falling ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Death Note or any of the characters from it, no matter how hard I beg and plead with them.
Anything in italics like this is thoughts

Falling

"L, I'm going to England for a while, I'll be back in a few days. Make sure you eat something that has a higher nutritional value then sugar, and get some sleep, okay" Watari told L, standing in the doorway of the main room.
"Watari, I'll be fine and I'm perfectly fine at this moment too. Besides I've got my tea," L said sipping the sugar-filled beverage.
"L, for one what you have there is sugar flavored with tea, not tea flavored with sugar, and two you haven't slept in two weeks. Not even you're body can handle that amount of stress. Please get some rest," Watari replied with a sigh.
"Watari, I'll be fine. You need to quit worrying so much. Trust me it's not good for someone your age to be so stressed," L said typing away on the computer.
"I wouldn't be so stressed if you learned to take care of yourself properly. Anyways just.....never mind. I'll be back in two weeks. Don't fly the helicopter unless it's an emergency. Just take a taxi," Watari said turning and walking away.
"Of course.........not," L said putting his tea cup down and picking up the plate of strawberry cheesecake to eat.
"Okay L I'm leaving. Have fun. Jya mata ne," Watari said appearing in the doorway once again.
"I thought you left already. If you are going to leave just leave already, you don't have to tell me twenty times," L said waving goodbye without turning around. Sighing Watari turned and headed for the door.
"He acts like I'm two years old. I am a genius, I know how to take care of myself. For god's sake I'm.....well older then two. I won't die without......" L thought not realizing that his eyes were slowly drifting shut and he was falling into a deep sleep.
"Oh that's funny I wasn't aware Watari cooked me a giant strawberry cheesecake. I was pretty sure he was upset with me for....":
While L was asleep Ryuk took the opportunity to float through the wall into the room and was stunned to find the sleeping L, perched on the chair swaying slightly. He stared as L teetered dangerously on the edge, then turned cackling madly after the loud boom resounded throughout the room. He made sure to laugh loud enough so that Light who was busy sleeping would wake up so he could inform him of what he had just seen the great detective do.
Holy freaking criminy crocket when did my chair get so uncomfortable, and where did that cake I was eating go. Is someone laughing? Weird. Sighing L realized what happened and picked himself off the floor only to perch in his chair again.
"Ohh that would have been embarrased had anyone been around. Light is asleep in his room, Misa isn't here, Watari left and the rest of the investigation squad went home hours ago. Maybe Watari was right, even if he doesn't need to know that. I do need some sleep," L said aloud to himself, attempting to comfort himself.
"Well for once your wrong L. I saw that, "Watari said setting his carrying on bag down, "I forgot my passport you see and had to rush back to get it. I was right you do need sleep. This is exactly what happened when you crashed your helicopter into that mountain."
The End

Thanks for taking the time for reading my story. This idea jumped into my head and wouldn't leave so I had to write it. Anyways hope you enjoyed it and please review. I just realized both of my stories have to do with L sleeping. Maybe it's my pervision of some kind........maybe......wouldn't you like to know.