Digimon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Transformers Fan Fiction ❯ PRIAMERONA: Beloved Of Primus ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


TRANSFORMERS/POKEMON/DIGIMON CROSSOVER: THE ULTIMATE BATTLE





This story takes place in the Second Golden Age of Cybertron. Optimus Prime has been resurrected, including the other Autobots who had died during the Cybertronian Wars. The Decepticons have been banished into outer space, on a desolate planet with no supplies, and are slowly dying off.

But what these two races don't know is that yet another titanic event will cause them to restart the epoch-spanning Wars, as something thought to be a myth on both sides turns out to be real. This myth could spell the beginning of universal peace and harmony in the universe. Or, if fallen into evil hands, could spell doom for all.






PROLOGUE




He was falling, falling, falling into a hole that seemed to reek of nothing but darkness. All around him, hands tried to reach him, moaning as they did. Some screamed. Some managed to grab his head, tugging at it. And he screamed as he fell, fell, fell.

And when he stopped falling, more hands were reaching, reaching, reaching. NO!! he yelled. For the love of Primus, leave me!!! he bellowed. But they kept getting closer and closer, until he was drowning in a sea of hands, dead hands that were reaching inside him.

Don't let them get me!!! Please, please, please don't let them get me!!! Where that voice came from, he didn't know. But it screamed in his head, and he wept, because it sounded so frightened and he could do nothing. And the hands had gone, only to be replaced by a giant, black Darkness.

And it swallowed him whole, compressing him until he was torn apart. A voice cackled maniacally with laughter. You are MINE!! it shrieked in triumph. And the Matrix was gone, vanished into the darkness to an unseen hand that belonged to an unseen force.

And all this while, that same frightened voice was still shrieking, getting louder and louder, until he felt he would explode.......

CHAPTER 1

Optimus Prime woke up in his recharge chamber, cold mercury sweat clinging to his armour. Every night since he had been resurrected, he had had that same dream: nothing had changed in it, except that that voice.......his spark wrung within him as he remembered the plaintive, helpless plea for rescue.

Primus, why do I keep having the same dream? he thought as he went to his window and overlooked the restored city. Some two million years ago, this city was swamped with Decepticons. Now, with the Decepticons gone, the citizens were returning by the thousands, and all of Cybertron had reached a new Golden Age, even more wonderful and peaceful than the previous one. I only hope that it will last this time around, he thought cynically as he remembered the first time the Decepticons invaded.

And he remembered his years spent on Earth, protecting the humans from the Decepticons. Looking out over the city, he thought that no planet could be as beautiful as Earth in the dawning of the sun. A golden hue would hang on every object, creating an image of brilliance and hope, the beginning of something new and magical.

The other Autobots were still there, maintaining the peace on Earth. Only Hot Rod, Ironhide and Springer had stayed in Cybertron. Hot Rod volunteered out of the sheer goodness of his spark; having being Rodimus Prime, he knew the cares that rested on his shoulders. Ironhide also stayed for the same reason. Why Springer chose to stay, though, really baffled him. He had seen the way he and Arcee had been getting along. To volunteer to stay away from her was anything but Springer.

But when I left...... he stopped in his mid-thought, as mercury tears welled up in his optics. When he had left Cybertron with the others on that fateful journey, he had left behind the other Autobot fembots to fend for themselves. Even though he had no idea that the Decepticons would attack, he still felt partially responsible for their near-extinction. And Alita One.......

The tears fell freely, and he wiped them away. Even after more than a century, he still mourned her. He remembered the day that he had been told of their death: a surprise Decepticon raid had all but wiped out the fembot population. If she had perished by a laser blast, it would not have been as bad. But to hear that she had been personally deactivated by Megatron himself.......

If he weren't on Charr right now, I would seek him out and he would pay tenfold for what he did to her ! he thought in his rage. He could have resurrected her himself, but she deserved her peace. After millions of years of fighting, Alita had earned the right...the privilege....to be at peace. Even though he still loved her, he couldn't be so selfish as to wrench her from her peace. The peace that he had had to leave to save everyone.

He still heard the voices of those Quintesson scientists who had used his corpse as a mockery and a trap. He still had fleeting memories of darkness and knives, and jeering, alien faces. Aside from that nightmare, he had some seconds-spanning nightmares of himself being tortured.

At that moment, the Matrix glowed softly inside him. He looked at his chest armour and smiled behind his mask. He swore he could almost translate the strange gesture: Don't despair. There's still hope.

The sun was fully up now. The city seemed to glow with metallic brilliance. Sighing, Optimus polished himself up and went to his office, a few blocks from his living quarters. On his way there, he met a group of Autobot soldiers that had just joined the army. They had been chatting away until he showed up. On seeing him, they scrambled into a single file and saluted him with trembling hands. Optimus saluted them back, grinning away behind his battle mask.

Once in his office, he was greeted with the ever-growing pile of documents, meetings and appointments that never seemed to end. Sighing, he plopped himself on his chair and was about to work when an intercom message interrupted him.

Hey there, Prime!! came a jolly, almost irritatingly cheerful voice.

Hello, Hot Rod, Optimus replied, trying not to sound as miserable as he did. What's up? Nothing much. Just wanted to come in and say hey. Unless you're busy, then.....

No. Not at all. You can come over, he replied hastily. He wanted to escape the giant stack of papers, even if it was only for a couple of minutes. All right, then!! Give me two Earth minutes!! In less than that amount of time, Hot Rod burst in, without knocking as usual. He looked unusually cheery, and Optimus began to grow suspicious. When Hot Rod looked like that, it meant, usually, that he was in his prankster moods.

Prime, I came to talk to you about something. You've been working too hard.

"You think?" came the sarcastic, but good-natured reply. Prime rolled his optics and stared at the huge stack of papers. Hot Rod ignored him and continued. "Anyways, I've been thinking that maybe you should take a little time-off. You know, a little vacation, perhaps?"

Prime looked at him even more suspiciously. "All right, which unfortunate fembot is it this time?" Every time Hot Rod suggested a vacation, it was usually because he used Prime's quarters to "entertain" his frequent dates with other fembots in the city.

"No catch this time, I swear to Primus!!" he replied. "You've been looking stressed; you've been having this weird nightmare......

"How did you know that?" said Prime. Hot Rod merely patted his chest, and Prime relaxed. For some reason, there was a bond between them through the Matrix: whatever the one was experiencing, the other would feel as well. "Anyway," continued Hot Rod. "I know that you have to be here, but what's gonna happen if you can't live with these obligations of yours? You need to relax once in a while, Prime."

I see your point, Hot Rod. But where exactly can I go?"

Hot Rod smiled a bit too innocently. How about Earth? You did say once that there was nothing like the nature of that planet to keep you at peace. And we have been losing touch with the others. It'd be nice to see them again, wouldn't it?"

Optimus sighed and sat back in his chair. I know where this is going Hot Rod, and the answer is no. You can't possibly leave Cybertron when you want to.

But Prime......!!!

No buts, Roddy, Prime replied firmly. It's just being two years since the war ended, and we still have to deal with problems from Charr. To leave right now would be unthinkable.

But what about Ironhide and Springer?!? They could manage on their own. Come on Optimus! Don't you miss Earth at all??

I do, but right now I don't have the choice to leave. Neither of us is leaving Cybertron, and that's that. Now go to your room, young man. Optimus couldn't resist throwing in that last bit, for Hot Rod did look like he was on the verge of a temper tantrum. Wearing a miserable, puppy-dog face, Hot Rod left Prime's office.

Aside from that, nothing else happened that day. Optimus managed to finish his work, and he planned to do nothing but relax for the evening. Upon getting to his apartment, however, he found that he was even more tired than usual. Climbing into his recharge chamber, Optimus shut down and drifted off to sleep.

....And he found himself inside a white void with no barriers. In front of him stood a small, Autobot femme child. She had on an actual blazing-white dress, and she had a full head of snow-white hair, and even her optics were blazing white. Aside from that, she looked like a normal Autobot.

She was glaring at him. Why didn't you just listen to him, you ninny? The question caught Optimus by surprise. He had expected some other-worldly, sage-like voice to escape from her lips. She sounded like a normal little girl.

Who are you?

You should know that by now, considering I've been living with you more or less for the past nine million years. His optics grew wide with disbelief and wonder. He hastily opened up his chest, and found that the Matrix was glowing an impossibly bright light that nearly blinded him.

The Matrix Spirit sighed. Men. Why are all of you so utterly hopeless? Do we need to spell it all out for you? What have you brought me here for? he asked, standing up, for he had fallen in his surprise to hear that he was talking to the Spirit of the Matrix.

To tell you to take a hike. A vacation to Earth.

I already told Hot Rod this, and I am telling you now. I don't need a vacation. I can't take one.

WELL, I AM TELLING TO DO SO!! thundered the child suddenly. Look, Prime, you're too tensed up and worried that your precious Cybertron will crumble about you all over again the minute you actually try to have a life. Slag happens, all right?

Optimus gasped in surprise to hear her swear like that. She smiled at his face. What do you expect after nine million years? I'm not completely unaware of your customs, you know. Anyways, she continued as she suddenly vanished and appeared in front of Optimus' face. Go to Earth. As Spirit Of The Matrix, I order you to go to Earth. NOW.

Why? he asked.

Because I said so, she replied smugly. Oh, and incidentally, you're needed there for something. Good-bye. And with that, the child vanished, and so did the void. Prime found himself falling like before, but it wasn't as dark as it had been.......

CHAPTER 2

Prime woke up the next day, feeling unusually calm. Feeling much better than he had been in a few weeks, he went into his office to tackle yet another pile of documents. Sitting down, he was about to work when an unexpected visitor popped in.

Well, what in the name of Primus are you waiting for, you lump?!?

Prime fell out of his chair. Where had that come from?

It's me, you ninny. Did you actually think that you could just forget about last night? The dream replayed in his head, and Prime groaned. Just what he needed: a child (who just happened to be nine million years older that what she should have been under normal circumstances) who was telling him to leave. Do I have to? he thought plaintively.

The Matrix glowed all of a sudden inside him, and he lurched in pain. He knew the implications of that little display. Fine!! he said, throwing his hands up. I'll go away for a while then.

Good, came the child's voice. Oh, one other thing. You're taking Hot Rod with you.

What?!? he bellowed. Him taking off was one thing, but for Hot Rod to leave as well was unthinkable. I can't take Hot Rod!! Two of us can't go!! What about Ironhide and Springer?

I'll look after them, don't worry. Now go and pack. You've got a lot of catching up to do.

Yes, dear,
Optimus returned sarcastically. The Matrix glowed again briefly, and during the short time, he heard a giant raspberry in his head. Prime to Hot Rod, over, he said.

Hey, Prime!! What's up? Hot Rod sounded cheerful again. Hot Rod, I've been doing some rethinking, and I think maybe we do need a little time off...... The connection went off suddenly, and before he knew it, Hot Rod was in his office, and he was carrying a backpack filled with all his stuff. When do we leave? he said breathlessly.

Prime groaned. Oh Primus, what do I do with this boy? Would 'right now' offend anyone?

*******************
The day was very lovely. There wasn't a single cloud in the sky as Orion watched her young daughter run around screaming with a creature that never strayed from her side. The little creature was a floating, pink-coloured animal that resembled.....nothing in particular. She was distinguished by the only noise she made: Mew.

The little girl ran up to her mother and collapsed on the picnic cloth, laughing hysterically. Mew, as she liked to call her, flew up to Orion's shoulder and perched herself there, making happy Mew! noises.

"Mommy, I'm hungry!! Can we eat now?" she said. At the word 'eat,' two other creatures were soon hovering near the energon-flavoured snacks. One of them, a little orange dinosaur, tried to reach for a sandwich and immediately received a smack on his nose. "OW!! What did I do?" he yowled as he rubbed his pink nose. "This isn't for you, Agumon," Orion replied. "Lunera and I are having a picnic, and you'll get yours at dinner, all right?"

The little girl made a face. "I don't like that name, Mommy!!!!" She got up and started to play-punch Orion. "My name's Lu! Why'd you give me that yucky name?!?" Laughing, Orion picked up the tiny girl and threw her in the air. As she was about to crash, she glowed blue and stopped in mid-fall, and she slowly made her way back to her seat. "No fair, Mew!!" Lu exclaimed, and she made as though to grab the creature. Mew, of course, flew out of the way and took cover behind a dragon with a little flame at the tip of his tail.

"Can we have something to eat, please?" said one other animal, a white cat that wore green gloves and green flip-flops that hid pink claws. "Sorry, Gatomon. Not till dinner." Grumbling, but only half-heartedly, the two of them raced back to the village that they had called home since they were hatched. The dragon had woken up when Mew landed on his belly, and he too was now looking at the picnic.

"No, Charizard. Now go home!!" The dragon pouted and flew off, regardless of Mew, who had fallen off him. Luckily, she didn't panic and floated gracefully to the grass.

Orion smiled at her little daughter, sitting contentedly eating an energon-flavoured turkey leg. She was extremely tiny for her five years of age, but she was twice as hyper. She didn't have any armour on; there was no need to. Instead, she wore hand-made blue jeans and a white T-shirt. The "clothes" were made so that they were now part of her skin. Another unusual thing about Lunera (or Lu, as she preferred) was that she had actual hair. Her "hair" was slightly darker than her grey-coloured metal skin, and was tied in two little tails that hung loosely around her face.

Orion was also like Lu: she had on dark jeans and a white T-shirt that was made to be part of her skin, and she also had dark, long hair. Orion had been part of an experiment by the Quintessons when they tried to regain control of the robots. She was among those taken, and she had suffered cruel experimentation. Luckily, the Autobots had rescued them before the worst happened. The Quintessons had been trying to make the Autobots more enhanced so that they wouldn't need any armour, and look more human than Autobot. The idea itself was madness, and such a genetic mixture would have caused them to permanently shut down. Autobot genes were almost completely pure, and couldn't mix except with those of their structure, like Decepticons. However, such a union was blasphemy to both races.

Orion had been a blue and white fembot before she had been kidnapped. She'd needed to rest in a recharge chamber, and she'd worn armour. She didn't mind the changes at all, though. Neither did Lu, who had inherited them from her.

"Mommy?" Lu asked. "Please tell me about Cybertron again."

Orion sighed inwardly. Talking about Cybertron was still too painful for her. "Cybertron's a planet, Lu."

"A big one?"

No, Lu. It's larger than Earth, but not as big as Jupiter."

Lu nodded, while she was scratching Mew's underbelly, a pastime the small creature loved. Orion continued. "Cybertron was made by some mean people called the Quintessons. They made the people who live on Cybertron, so that they could work for them."

"But we weren't created that long ago, were we?" "We weren't. But our ancestors were."

"The other Autobots didn't like the Quintessons, and they fought them and drove them off our planet. We were very happy. And then the Decepticons came, and we had to fight once more."

"But weren't the Decepticons also made by the Quintessons?"

"Yes, Lu. But they weren't that bad. It was this one person that made them bad people. You know who that is, don't you?"

Lu nodded. The mere mention of Megatron's name was semi-forbidden around Orion. "Well, this person decided he wanted to rule the universe, and he wanted to start by taking over Cybertron. So we had to fight."

Lu nodded once more. Mew had gone to sleep, ceasing the belly-scratching for a while. Mommy, why'd you leave Cybertron?" Orion didn't want to talk about the subject, but she drove on anyway. The Decepticons attacked us, Lu. And I was pregnant with you. I had no choice."

"Don't you miss Cybertron, Mommy?" Every single minute that passes. "Not much. It's probably still a battleground for the Decepticons and the others. Besides, now I have you. To take you back would be too dangerous. And I couldn't leave you here, I'd miss you too much."

Lu was quiet for a while. Orion looked at the setting sun and started to pack up. "Hurry, Lu. Mewtio doesn't like it when we're late." Orion packed up the little picnic site, and, carrying Lu in her arms, made their way back to the village. The sun had set, and the moon and stars were beginning to shine. Mew came up behind them and rubbed her head against Orion's hair, making affectionate Mew noises.

Mommy? came Lu's voice. "What happened to Daddy?" Orion almost stopped in her tracks. She should have learned by now to expect Lu's rather personal questions regarding her heritage. "He.....died when the Decepticons attacked. He was among those who died."

"Oh," came the reply. "So he's with Primus now, isn't he?"

Yes, Lu. With Primus." They were nearing the village now. However, it wasn't a village in a sense. It was more or less a large zoo/playground that was dotted with caves, filled with all sorts of creatures, with no one being remotely similar. In the center of this place was a small little house, where Orion and Lu lived. Why this little place was dubbed a village.....who knows?

As the three of them approached the "village", Lu jumped out of her mother's arms and ran straight into the square, where four of the creatures were playing a game of foursquare. One of them, upon seeing her, let out an excited Pika-pi!!, and rushed into her awaiting arms. His companion, a semi-hatched Egg, waddled towards Lu, making happy chirp-chirp noises. The other two were Agumon and Gatomon. "Pikachu, it was your turn!!!" complained Agumon.

Pikachu didn't notice. He and Togepi were too busy cuddling up to Lu. Sorry I held up your game," said Lu. Mommy and me just got back. We still have leftovers, if you want any." Agumon and Gatomon immediately rushed towards Orion and gave her innocent grins. Orion sighed. "Honestly, you two, don't you ever get tired of eating? The two of them shook their heads simultaneously, still smiling. Orion sighed again and handed them two pieces of turkey, which they happily munched. Lu, meanwhile, was giggling as Mew and Pikachu were chasing each other around her. Togepi was watching, clapping his little hands with glee.

All right, Lu, it's high time you went to supper. Can Pikachu and Togepi come too?" Orion seemed reluctant, but agreed, full well knowing that Mewtio wouldn't be very happy. The five of them went into the little house, and were greeted by dinner already on the table, the smell of wholesome food, and the glare of a tall, purple creature that had Mew's facial features.

"You're late," he said telepathically. Sorry, Tio," said Orion. I was telling Lu stories." Meanwhile, Pikachu and Togepi had hidden behind Lu nervously. Mewtio was the most powerful and intelligent of all the monsters in the little village, and that made him master of them all. Mew didn't mind. Mewtio was her big brother, but she didn't fear him. Though she was still a bit of a toddler, she was as powerful as he was, if not as smart. She hovered near him and sat on his head, giggling immensely. He ignored her.

Don't make a habit out of it," he grumbled. " I'll be downstairs if you have any need for me." Mewtio went down to the basement, and they knew they wouldn't see him for days. Well past dinner and into bedtime, the little village was quiet. Pikachu, Togepi and Mew had decided to spend the night, and were curled up at the foot of Lu's bed.

As Orion was tucking her in, Lu asked her another question. Mommy, what was Daddy like?" Orion sighed. "Lu, you shouldn't ask such questions so late. "But you don't like talking about him, and you always look so sad when I talk about him." Lu suddenly threw off the blankets and crawled towards Orion. Mommy, did Daddy do something bad to you?"

No, Lu. It's just that.......I still feel sad that he's gone. Sometimes, I miss him very much. Lu nodded and hugged her. "I won't ask about him anymore, if it'll help," she said in a small voice. Orion kissed her head and tucked her back in. "Goodnight, Lunera."

Orion walked out of the house and stared into the night sky, and remembered him. A part of her still loved him with all her spark, and yet another wanted to watch him leak to death, wherever he was. I foolishly thought that we had something. I still do.

"Why did you leave me?" she whispered in the night before returning. As she was about to go to bed, a thought took her by surprise. "You should tell the child the whole truth, Orion. She needs to understand fully why you don't wish to return."

"This is none of your business, Mewtio!!" she retorted angrily. "Now stay away. I will tell her when she needs to know." Mewtio didn't answer her. Orion sighed and went to bed.

CHAPTER 3

APPROACHING THE PLANET EARTH.

Optimus had never been so glad to hear that bit of information in his entire life. All through their journey, Hot Rod had done nothing but play his obnoxious rock music, horse around and basically acting like a spoiled brat. And as for the Matrix, or rather its strange occupant, she kept making loud raspberries in his head.

WOULD YOU STOP THAT?!?!??? he bellowed, as the loudest and by far the most disgusting raspberry resounded in his CPU. "Gosh, don't have a cow, Opti," came the reply. "Remember who you're talking to? The person who used up her major powers to save you all? Prime sighed. I'm sorry. But Hot Rod....he's been more or less driving me insane.

I'll take care of him, she said. Hot Rod was singing loudly to the tunes of Green Day, a popular Earth band of the 1990s, when he and his music suddenly froze in mid-song. For the first time since they had left Cybertron, Optimus could finally hear himself think. Thank you, he thought to Primus.

Hello!!!! Excuse me, but exactly whom performed that little miracle? Prime laughed, despite himself. Sorry. Thank you,...I'm sorry, but I don't seem to have caught your name.

I have millions of names. Call me Eirone, it's my favourite
. Eirone. Not bad, he thought. The little blue planet was getting closer and closer. Optimus felt very happy. It had been a while since he had been there. He hated to admit it, but perhaps Hot Rod may have had a point. It was nice knowing that he didn't have to go to the office today. He felt years younger already.

Told you, came a smug voice, followed by another giant raspberry.

As the ship was landing, Hot Rod suddenly came to life, and he looked bewildered for a second. We're here already? he asked. Prime couldn't help but grin broadly at the young Autobot's confused face. Yes, we are, Hot Rod. You fell asleep a while ago.

Hot Rod nodded. Yeah, my batteries feel slightly recharged. As the ship landed, Ultra Magnus and Ratchet were waiting to greet them. Magnus didn't look much different; he still looked as though all the cares of the universe rested on his shoulders. Ratchet looked much better since his resurrection, though.

Optimus stepped out of the shuttle, with Hot Rod following behind him, showing his excitement at being back. Long time, no see, said Ultra Magnus, shaking Prime's hand. Hot Rod, at that moment, transformed into his familiar red sports car form and drove off to the roads he loved, all the while yelling for joy.

Kup heard the yelling and stepped out of his quarters. He didn't look much different. What in the tarnation........ Kup turned just in time to see Hot Rod zoom off. Oh, slag!!! Prime, why the hell did you bring that kid back? Optimus laughed, the first he had done in a while. I'm happy to see you too, Kup.

Kup smiled ruefully. Well, I was a bit rude. But the least you could do is let me grow old and die in peace. Now I'm going to have to play babysitter to that kid all over again. I wouldn't worry about Hot Rod, said Prime, watching his young friend pull off a stunt that involved jumping over a very wide gap between two ledges. He's just very happy to be here, that's all.

Ultra Magnus suddenly cleared his throat. Not that he needed to, he'd been on Earth for the better part of two centuries. Prime, I know you came here to relax, but we have a bit of a problem. Optimus sighed inwardly. Just what I needed . What is it, Magnus? Well.....we've been getting news that the Decepticons are trying to attack the Earth. They're trying to restart the war.

Optimus groaned inwardly. Is this your idea of a vacation? he complained to Eirone. Silence. Then... Yes. I'm merely following my instructions. You're supposed to stop this . I see, Magnus. So what's the problem? We need to add some facilities to Metroplex. It's been a while since he's had a weapon upgrade.

We thought that we could construct a place where we could store the older versions of the artillery. For extra, said Ratchet. We were thinking......right over there, he said, pointing to an empty plot of land not too far away from the main city. Prime pondered this for a moment. On the one hand, they had to be prepared for this so-called attack by the Decepticons. But on the other hand, the plan itself had some flaws in it. Why build an artillery stronghold out in the open like that? Ratchet would never do something so stupid. Unless....

Are you doing this? he asked Eirone. Of course I am, Opti. Why? he asked. Don't worry about it. I have a purpose for all this construction. Something significant is going to happen, and the idea that I instilled into Ratchet's head is the key to it all.

Building an artillery stronghold out in the open?

Who said that it would ever be an artillery stronghold? I just want to him to build something at that exact place, and to make a lot of noise in the process. And don't pry into this, Optimus. You'll know my reasons soon enough.

Prime sighed. Why was she so impossible? She made Carla look so demure!! All right, Ratchet. Go ahead. Meanwhile, Hot Rod had returned from his impromptu drive across the Oregon mountains, and was now saying hello to everyone. Hiya, Kup!! he said, before clapping the elderly soldier hard on his back. Did you miss me? Kup gave Prime a look of suffering that had Why me? written all over it.

At that point, Prime could no longer hold back his laughter.



Is everything ready?

Yes, master. The Autobots won't know what hit them.

Good. Find them, and then find the child. She is the one that I really want. Optimus Prime and his army belongs to you. I will take care of the others.

As you wish, my Lord.

Soon, Primus,
he thought . Soon, I shall wrest her from you, and she will be mine to control .

********************
Terriermon wasn't having a good day. He had woken up to find himself upside down, and on the floor of his little home. Everything looked strange, even after he had turned himself the right way up. All his belongings (not much; food and some furniture) were topsy-turvy. And his bed was in an even worse state.

And when he left, he found that everywhere the little village was in a crisis. There were little cracks in the ground, trees were uprooted, and everyone was assembling towards Mewtio's home. Terriermon heard some shouting, and he saw two little feet stuck in one of the cracks. Flying over there, he lifted the helpless monster out, who turned out to be Meowth. Hey, Meowth, what happened here?

What does it look like? came the nasal, sidekick stereotypical voice of Meowth. We had an oithquake a some sort, and Mewtio here's tryin-a find out what made it happen. But how could we have earthquakes here? Is it possible? Nah. Mewtio already looked into it. We're in one of the most poifict, oithquake-free places in oil da woild. That's why he's holding a meetin. Come on, we gotta go!!

When Terriermon and Meowth got there, all the other creatures were already packed outside Orion's home. Mewtio was there, floating a good ways above the crowd, waiting for them to stop talking excitedly. Orion and Lu were seating on chairs, not saying a word. The house had been shaken badly, but no one had been hurt. Pikachu and Togepi looked somewhat intimidated by the crowd. Mew was napping on Lu's laps.

Silence!! thundered the telepathic voice of Mewtio, and everyone was quiet. We have had a disturbance in the village. Last night, we had an earthquake of some sort. We've all been badly stirred, and some of your homes may be damaged, but no one was hurt.

We shall repair the village after this, and I have already pinpointed the cause of this disturbance. There is some construction going on above us. This will go on for a time, so no one is allowed to leave to go to the above world until it's over. Is that understood?

Silent approval of Mewtio's plans. As if on cue, the monsters set about repairing the damages caused by the earthquake. Even Orion and Lu helped, though Mewtio had said they didn't have to. It was their home too. They had to help in some way.

During this time, Gatomon got bored and decided to do something. Hey, Terriermon!! she said. Don't say this to anyone, but I'm going to see exactly what caused all this.

Terriermon gulped. Gatomon, you know what Mewtio said!! We can't leave under any circum....circum....under any sit...situ...umm...for any reason. Gatomon made a disdainful noise. Terriermon, aren't you curious as to what's out there? In the real world? You've heard Orion telling stories about her planet and this one. Don't you wanna leave this place for once?

At this point, Pikachu and Togepi came up, and hovering above them was Mew. Pika-pi, pika pika, pikachu, pika pi, said Pikachu, and Togepi nodded. I know we're safer here, Pikachu, said Gatomon, before throwing her hands up in exasperation. But I wanna leave this place!! I wanna see the world, and its people and what it's like. I'm leaving, and if you're gonna be chickens, then fine with me!

As Gatomon turned to go, Terriermon flew and landed in front of her. Well, if you're gonna go, you need someone to make sure you stay out of trouble. Pika-pi!! said Pikachu, and he ran to join Gatomon. Togepi started waddling as fast as he could, but Mew thankfully used her psychic powers to make him float.

The entrance to the little village was subtle enough. It was found on a small plot of land in the middle of the lake near Metroplex. An invisible force protected the door, and was only removed if one of the underground inhabitants used their own voices to answer the quiz question. Once through, it was like a big, tumbling slide down and down and down, and through a void filled with color and stars, and from there, you were inside the underground world.

The exit was more subtle and less complex. There was a clearing in the forest filled with little holes covered with wooden boards. Upon opening the boards, it was yet another tumbling, free-wheeling slide and out you came into the real world. There was another entrance into the village, but no one save Mewtio knew of this.

Gatomon, Terriermon, Pikachu, Togepi and Mew soon reached the forest clearing. Pikachu went to one of the holes and tried to lift it open, but to no avail. Gatomon pushed him aside and swiped it open with her claws before diving in with a yell of enjoyment, for the slide began almost immediately. Terriermon closed his eyes and let himself fall. Pikachu came in next. Togepi got afraid, but Mew pushed him, ignoring his squeals of fright. Mew dived in next, making sure to nail up the boards before anyone knew the prank they were about to pull.

Soon enough, all of them were dumped inside a little hole that led to the outside world. Ow!! Pikachu, get off my tail!! yelled Gatomon, before snarling and swiping him with her claws. Pikachu got up with a yelp, and he glared at her angrily. Flowing with electricity, he let off a powerful current that threw Gatomon into the walls surrounding them. As she was about to digivolve, and as Pikachu was about to reach his maximum strength, both of them suddenly floated above the other and were promptly turned upside down. Mew got in front of them and started lecturing them. Both managed to look ashamed before she let them down.

Soon, all of them were out of the hole. Doesn't look much different from home, said Terriermon. We haven't seen it all yet, said Gatomon. Grabbing him, she raced across the rugged territory, with the others following behind.

Wow!! Did you ever see such big mountains before? said Gatomon. Terriermon was sulking. Gatomon!! I wanna go........ Yes? Terriermon, what are you.......woah!!! Standing before them was a giant village like no other they had ever seen. It was large and built inside an entire wall that looked like it could withstand anything. They couldn't see any activity inside it, but they saw some outside.

Mew made excited noises and pointed to the construction site. Four giant dinosaurs were lifting beams and placing them in order. Some other robots, significantly smaller ones, were using some machines to move things and place them in the shape of a storage room. Ha!!! We found them!!! said Gatomon. Great!! Can we go home now? said Terriermon. No way!! Let's see what these beings are like!! And Gatomon rushed off without warning.

GATOMON!!!! yelled Terriermon, and sighing, he ran after her, the others yet again in pursuit. It was already noon, and lunch would be served. Mewtio would take five seconds to realize that they weren't there. He wouldn't yell at Togepi or Pikachu, and not Mew for some reason. But he would be very mad at him and Gatomon. Why did he get himself into these things?

CHAPTER 4

Gatomon was hiding behind a pile of earth when the others caught up with her. She was dangerously close to the Dinobots, who were hauling steel not up to twenty feet away from her. She waved at the others excitedly. Guys!! Get over here, this is so cool!! Pika-pi pika pika?!?? whispered Pikachu.

No, I'm not insane, Pikachu. Just curious. Terriermon, meanwhile, couldn't take his eyes off the Dinobots. They're so......ginormous!!!! he whispered, with awe and fear. Togepi couldn't stop whimpering; Mew was doing her best to comfort him. As for the Dinobots, an argument had soon erupted between Grimlock and Swoop.

Me Grimlock say you full of Cybertron celery!! When me Grimlock say help build, Swoop build!! No sit down!!! Me Swoop say Grimlock stupid jackarst!! Swoop tired, Grimlock can go soak head!!!! came the hot reply. Grimlock roared mightily and blew fire at Swoop, who flew out of the way. The fire didn't do much. Except to scare Togepi.

He started whimpering, and then he started to wail. The other monsters virtually piled on top of him to make him quiet. What that crying? said Grimlock. We're done for!!! said Terriermon in terror. But just then, Optimus came over. What's the problem? And as the Dinobots explained their side of the story, Pikachu had managed to keep Togepi quiet.

Gatomon, who was also frightened, would have made them all turn back and run, were it not that her curiosity overrode her fear. Her eyes wide, she made her way towards a strange-looking tractor with a shovel for a head. What's this for, I suppose? she wondered. Terriermon saw her eyeing the buttons with curiosity. Heedless of the robots, he raced towards her. GATOMON, NO!!!!

Things began to happen fast. Gatomon, in her fright at hearing Terriermon sound so angry and frightened, mistakenly pressed the start button. Yipes!!! Confused, she pressed the button that swung around the shovel-thing. Now, Optimus noticed the machine start up, and he also noticed the shovel-thing swing around. (By now, you should have realized that I don't know what it's called >_<).

What the slag? he thought as the shovel-head swung around and knocked him senseless.

The Dinobots had stopped their arguing when they heard a sickening Klunk ! and saw Optimus on the ground, leaking at the back of his head. ATTACK!!! yelled Grimlock. Swoop, get help!! Slag, help Grimlock find person who attacked Optimus!! Grimlock and his companion were stalking over to the machine, bellowing with rage, where the other monsters were cowering with terror.

What do we do? What do we do? WHAT DO WE DO?!?? wept Terriermon, frightened that the dinosaurs would eat them all. Gatomon was also crying. Pikachu was sweat-dropping like crazy, and holding Togepi who was blubbering incoherently. And just then, all of them were floating away from the machine.

Huh? said Pikachu, before realizing that Mew was not with them. She was glowing blue as she floated her friends to safety. Pika-pi!!! Pika-pi!!!!! screamed Pikachu. Mew made reassuring noises, but Pikachu and the others didn't feel much better. Gatomon was still crying. She had killed someone, and now Mew was in danger. And to top it all off, Mewtio was going to kill them.

And when they had gone far enough to escape, Mew gently dropped them, and they ran. Sighing, she sat still in the machine and waited for the Dinobots to show up. Grimlock stood by the doorway off the machine, and he was sore astounded when he saw the little pink, monkey-thing seating quite peacefully there.

Who you? he growled. Mew didn't answer. WHO YOU??!!? he bellowed, and he grabbed her and started to crush her. And all of a sudden, Grimlock found that his paw was on fire. He let go of Mew, and was surprised that the small creature was glowing bright blue and floating just near his nose.

Mew didn't give him time to think. She formed a pink energy ball and launched it straight at him. The result was inevitable. Grimlock virtually flew from the construction site and crashed headfirst into a grove of trees. And as for Slag, upon seeing the strongest Autobot in the army felled by such a small thing, he turned tail and ran to get the other Autobots.

Mew floated over to Optimus, who had not stirred. He was leaking badly at the back of his head, and his optics were completely shut down. Mew, she muttered, and she started to glow a slight purple color. Optimus was also glowing. The wound at the back of his head started to close up, and as the other Autobots came running up and Grimlock regained consciousness, Prime was fully healed.

Groaning, he sat up. What happened? he said to no one in particular. As the memory flashed back, Mew took that opportunity to introduce herself. Meaning, she suddenly appeared in front of him and said hello in the only language she knew.

Prime was startled. What..........? To show she meant no harm, Mew rubbed her face against his faceplate. Then she formed a little pink bubble and started bouncing on it, giggling. Optimus was still suspicious of this strange little creature, but it meant no harm, thus far. Voices grew nearer.

Prime!! yelled Ultra Magnus. Are you all right? Slag said that you were........Primus!!! The sight of Mew also left them equally stunned. Grimlock came, yelling with fury. At the sight of Mew, he immediately launched fire from his mouth, not noticing that the others were there.

Grimlock, DON'T!!! yelled Hot Rod, and he shut his eyes, expecting the fire to kill them all. He awaited the impending pain and torture and death, but was surprised when it didn't come. I guess dying by flames isn't as painful as I thought. He was yet more surprised when the fire stopped, and they were still at the construction site. What the slag? he exclaimed. There was the pink creature, glaring at Grimlock, and surrounded by a kind of force field. That they were all in.

This time, Mew didn't have to do anything. Kup pointed his gun at the big Dinobot and fired at his nose. Grimlock whimpered in pain. The energy ball Mew had launched at him had hurt a lot more.

Next time, watch where you're shooting, moron!!! he yelled, before turning his attention to Mew, who was inspecting them all. They weren't very comfortable with Mew, who would sit on their heads, or tug at their armour or suddenly squeal in delight, in their audio receptors. Arcee tried not to flinch as Mew started banging at her helmet. Mew stared at her for a while, before cuddling up to her.

Hey, quit it!! she yelled, before Mew started flying all around her. Arcee was kind of frightened, then bemused and then she started laughing. Mew saw this and started giggling. I don't think she's going to be much trouble, Prime, she said, holding Mew next to her.

How do you know it's a she? said Ratchet. I don't know. It looks like a she. It's playful, like a she. And it's gentle. And it's just too adorable to be a guy.

Hey!! What are you trying to say here? said Hot Rod teasingly. Mew had meanwhile floated over to Prime, who was still stunned. And then Mew started to glow a light blue. Then Prime started to glow blue. And the Matrix started to glow brilliantly. And somewhere, he heard a voice singing in an unknown language, and it was a song of victory.

And when it was all done, he understood what the creature said.

Hello, she said. My name's Mew. Sorry if I scared you. What's your name?" she said all in one breath. Prime was stunned even more. To the others, she was still making Mew noises, but she spoke like a normal person to Optimus. She sounded like a little girl.

"My name....is Optimus. Optimus Prime. And he awkwardly held out his hand to shake hers. Mew looked confused for a second, before putting her paw in his and letting him shake it up and down. Most astonishing, said Preceptor. Prime, I simply must analyze this specimen, he said as he strode over to Mew and transformed. Mew jumped back in surprise. It's all right, said Prime. He does that, it's perfectly normal. Mew nodded and floated to the advanced telescope, following the direction of the lens.

Fascinating!!" came Preceptor's voice. This is unlike any creature on this planet!! Or in fact, in the galaxy. Its DNA makeup and overall appearance does not match anything in Metroplex's database!!!" Preceptor changed back and stared at Mew for a second. "Wel.....come. We....mean.....no.....harm."

Mew looked back at Prime, confused. "What's wrong with him? Is his mouth broken that he's talking like that?" Optimus almost broke out laughing. No. He's trying to say hello to you." Comprehension dawned on Mew's face, and she glowed blue again. And then Preceptor glowed blue. And Mew started flying. And Preceptor followed her every direction, while shrieking in fear.

"For slagging hell!!!" gasped Kup. "Prime, call off your pet-thing!!!" Optimus shrugged. Mew was spinning very rapidly and Preceptor with her. "She's just saying hello, the only way she knows how, I guess." Mew stopped spinning and let herself fall to the ground with a little plop. Preceptor crashed with a loud thud. Mew giggled and perched herself on Optimus' shoulders, Mewing quite happily.

Preceptor got up, moaned and managed to stand up straight. "Most interesting. I see our cultural barriers are starting to break down. Come, we...go...home...now." The others transformed into their respective transport modes and were off to Metroplex. Mew was content to just hover over them, following them to wherever it was that they were going.

Big brother's going to be pretty darn mad when he finds out, she thought, pitying her friends and wondering about this strange place that she was going to. Her stomach started to growl. Hope they have food.

**********************

Veedramon came running up to the house, where he met an extremely worried Lu. "They're nowhere to be found, Lu," said Veemon breathlessly. "I think they've left the village."

"Oh no! If Mewtio finds out.....Veedramon, they've just gotta be around here!! And just then, they all came running to the house, yelling excitedly. Guys, shut up!! hissed Lu. Mewtio's just in the next room. He's already mad that you weren't at dinner!! The talking calmed down almost immediately.

Lu!!! hissed Gatomon, with tears in her eyes. I'm so sorry!! It was all my fault, I...I didn't mean for anything to happen!! Wait? What is it, Gatomon? And Lu noticed something that made her feel very uncomfortable. Where's Mew?

And out came the entire story. When it was done, Lu was trembling slightly, and Gatomon was near hysteria. Oh no. Not Mew. Come on, she said, running from the house. Huh? What's up? said Veedramon. We're gonna find Mew, that's what's happening.

WHAT?!? squeaked Terriermon. Lu, are you nuts? There are giant robots and huge dinosaurs out there. We could get eaten, or worse! Mewtio would find out. Why don't we let Mewtio deal with it? Mew's his sister, right?

But he doesn't love her!!! said Lu. All were taken aback by this. Mewtio's jealous of Mew because she's as strong as he is. He's not the one who's gonna save her. It has to be me, and besides, I'm the only other one here who can fit through those holes. Now who's with me?

No one budged. Sighing, Lu turned to leave. About ten seconds later, something was tugging at her leg. She looked down and saw Togepi smile back at her, making chirpy noises. Picking him up, she put him inside her backpack and kept walking. Just then, she heard noises behind her, and everyone else had joined up. You don't really have to go, Lu, said Gatomon. It was my fault Mew got trapped. But Mew's my friend, said Lu. Friends don't leave each other.

At that, all of them left the village for the forest. Lu led the way, though she had no idea where she was going. She had gone upstairs a few times, but that was when they needed supplies, and they never really went that far from home. This would be her first real adventure. She'd get to be a hero, and she'd get to save Mew. And her little friends would be there to help in danger.

I hope this all goes right in the end , she thought as she jumped into the hole and disappeared alongside her friends.

CHAPTER 5

It had been a very long day for Optimus. First, there was that stupid tiff Grimlock and Swoop had concerning work. And then he had had a concussion, which brought him to the most astonishing part of the day.

He was in his living quarters, staring at the ceiling inside his recharge chamber. He glanced over to see the small pink creature floating to his left. She was glowing that soft blue color, and seemed to be meditating or something. Mew had so far being just a harmless playful thing, but he was still wary of her.

At dinner, Mew hadn't objected to eating little rations of energon. She even suggested to him that the flavour was a bit bland, which he had to agree with her. And that brought up more questions. Aside from Earth, Cybertron was the only planet with large quantities of pure energon. The creature was definitely not from Earth, but she had told him she had been born here.

And that was another thing. How in the name of Primus could he understand everything she said? To the others, she still made those Mew noises. But to him, she spoke like a normal little girl. And why him? And why had the Matrix, or Eirone...approve of this?

Eirone, we need to talk, he said. No answer. Eirone, are you there?

Of course I'm here, you ape!!
came the indignant, sleepy reply. Where else would I be? I live WITHIN you, duh!!

Eirone, what do you know about this Mew creature? Apparently, you seemed to approve of our....meeting today. Yes, Opti. I approved of it, because it's supposed to happen. Otherwise, all of this could fall apart.

All of what? he asked. Now Eirone was starting to frighten him a little bit. He had known that something was up, something concerning the Decepticons, but the way she had said that, it made it seem a hell of a lot bigger.

All right, miss, he spoke sternly. Mew stopped floating and glanced towards him, her clear blue eyes wide with something like chagrin. Something is definitely wrong here, something bigger than just Decepticons. I'm apparently a player in this little game of yours, and if I'm to be told what to do, I demand to know the rules!!

Youdemand, Optimus? came Eirone's voice: cool, calm and slightly on the edge.

And blackness enveloped him.

************************
The two battle cruisers were nearing the planet now. Galvatron was in his own flagship, the most powerful and by far the deadliest of all the Decepticon fleet. Activity was everywhere. The Decepticons were at their battle stations, making hasty, last-minute preparations.

Is everything ready, Galvatron? came the voice.

Yes, master. We will be in the Autobot base in approximately one Earth hour.

Good. Kill all of them, if you must. But bring me the child. Find her and take her, along with the Matrix. My plans will fail with but one. Fail me, and what Unicron put you through will be immense pleasure compared to what I will do to you!!


Galvatron winced. Unicron had tortured his mind for over a century, well after he had been defeated by that blasted Rodimus Prime. Every day, every hour, his ghost had entered his mind and played havoc with it, taking him beyond the edge of insanity into something much more horrible. If this being could do much worse.....

I will not fail you, Master. The Matrix and the child that you speak of will be delivered to you, by myself personally.

Good. Now get going!!! The time is at hand.

Decepticons!! Full speed ahead towards Earth!!

***************************
Optimus found himself back into the white void, only it was no longer white. He found himself inside the most beautiful garden he had ever been in. Everywhere, trees and flowers of all colors bloomed. Lakes with the golden hue of dawn only accentuated the feeling of harmony and peace there. The sky was a brilliant rainbow color.....

Rainbow?

Do you like it, Opti? came a voice behind him. Optimus turned around, and saw Eirone sitting on top of a boulder, basking in the golden rays of the sun. What was surprising was that she was no longer wearing that bright gown. Her mass of snowy hair was plaited neatly down her back, and she wore a white shirt and white trousers, complete with white shoes. Even more surprising was that Mew was there as well, nibbling calmly on some flowers that turned out to be energon.

Eirone, what's going on here? he said. You ask too much questions, Optimus, she said. Have a drink. And before him was a glass filled with a clear blue liquid. Optimus took it and drank. It was blueberry-flavoured energon, a popular product for the Autobots on Earth. It tasted divine.

Thank you, Eirone. Eirone humphed. Don't thank me, it wasn't even my idea. Thank Mew. The little creature stopped eating and smiled with her eyes. No problem, Optimus!! Any friend of Lu's is a friend of mine.

Who's Lu? he asked. Later, Optimus, said Eirone. Right now, you wanted some answers, so fire away. But be quick about it. I have an appointment, and I don't want to be late.

All right, then. What am I doing here, and what does Mew have to do with this?

Eirone was tickling Mew on her stomach, in the same way that Lu did. Mew giggled immensely. You're here because you're supposed to be here, Optimus. Something is going to happen, and you're one of the persons to make it happen.

And what exactly is supposed to happen, Eirone? he asked, with only the slightest edge to his voice. I can't tell you...fully. I can only tell you that if you don't do as I tell you, then the entire universe will slide into eternal chaos. Now are you happy?

Optimus was stunned. It wasn't enough he had to save Cybertron time after time, but the whole universe? All right then. I have to save the universe. So, where does Mew come from, and what is she doing here?

Oh! Mew is my friend. She's been around forever, almost as long as me. When she dies, she gets reborn, like the others. What others? he asked. An entire species of...her? Mew stopped giggling and floated to Optimus. No, silly!! she said. I'm unique on my own, save my brother. All of us are unique in our own way. We are each the last of our kind, but we don't mind. We're family.

What are you talking about?

I'm talking about all my friends in our village. We all live under the guidance of my brother. We each have special powers and are unique. Lu and her mom help Mewtio.

Mew!! That's enough for him, he doesn't need to know!! shouted Eirone suddenly. No!! thundered Optimus. As long as she has said it, let her finish it. Mew, who is this Lu person?

She's an Aut'bot, like you. Why'd you ask?

Optimus was stunned again. An Autobot...living on Earth...and I had no idea!! How is this possible? That's impossible!! There are no other Autobots here on Earth, save my friends.

Mew seemed uncomfortable, but she continued. Well....they didn't exactly live here to begin with. Lu's mom crashed into our homes in this space ship thingy, but we didn't know about them till about a hundred years later, and we revived them, and she went into labour, and had Lu. They've been living with us since then.

They must have come here when Unicron attacked Cybertron. Lu isn't a proper name for an Autobot. If what you're saying is true, then this Lu is no more than maybe five years old. What's her real name?

Well, her mom calls her Lunera. And what's her mother's name? Eirone groaned. This isn't going to be good.

Her mom's name's Orion. Why? Optimus searched his CPU, but couldn't remember where he'd heard that name before. Fine. When we get out of here, you're taking me to see them both.

NO!!!!!!!! came a supernaturally loud voice, and Mew and Prime turned to see Eirone glowing white. From within him, Optimus could feel a lot of anxious and horrified hate. You will do no such thing!!!! Lu will handle it well enough, but Orion will be crushed!! Try that stunt, Optimus Prime, and I swear I will rain down my power on you!!!

All right! said Mew, floating towards Eirone. Yeesh, don't have a cow, Pixie. He won't do it now, but I doubt he'll be able to hear you. Gosh, you were loud." "First of all, don't call me Pixie. I hate that name," said Eirone, much more calmly now. "And secondly, make sure Optimus doesn't do such a foolish thing. Just yet."

I won't," said Mew, and cuddled up to Eirone. Optimus was standing there, his audio receptors still ringing from Eirone's tirade, and still in shock over the feelings Eirone was projecting through the Matrix. Why did the fate of the universe hinge on him not seeing two of his own kind? He didn't even know this femme called Orion!!

And blackness covered him again, and he found himself back in his recharge chamber. He heard the beep of the little clock that Spike had had made for him. It was just three o'clock in the morning. He glanced over to his right, and saw Mew snoring away peacefully.

She's really an adorable little thing, he thought. The events of the night replayed in his head. If what Eirone had told him was true, then his so-called "vacation" would have to be put on hold for a very long time. This little game of hers spanned bigger than Decepticons, maybe even bigger than the Quintessons, who were still a threat to Cybertron.

Sleep, Prime, came a new voice in his head. It was very soothing. You have much to do. Sighing, Optimus turned off his optics and was soon drifting off to sleep.

And while the rest of Metroplex dozed, five small figures were sneaking towards the city. You could say there were six, considering that one of them was dozing peacefully inside a little containment. "There it is," came Terriermon's voice in the darkness. "That's the village we saw today. There's no one at the construction site, so Mew's gotta be in there somewhere."

"Some chance of that," said Gatomon. "Mew's a good fighter, but five on one's too much, even for her." Pikachu whimpered, and cuddled up to Lu, as she stared at Metroplex. Gosh, that's such a huge place!! I hope we find Mew before Mommy wakes up. Lu felt bad about sneaking off without telling her mom, but the sooner she acted, the better her chances of saving Mew, if she was still alive.

They walked towards Metroplex, only to be greeted by solid shot gates, with no doorbell to ring. "How do we get in?" asked Veedramon. Everyone shook their heads. Lu walked to the gates, but could not, for the life of her, imagine what the buttons were for. She pressed one of them, but nothing happened. Another was pressed by Pikachu, but that one also did nothing.

Finally frustrated, Lu banged her fists into all of them, and at once the city whirred into life. "GREETINGS, AUTOBOT," came the booming voice of the city. Everyone cowered in terror at this unseen entity. "PLACE YOUR PALM ON THE SCREEN FOR IDENTITY CONFIRMATION." Lu did as she was told. The computer scanned her small imprint, and the gates suddenly opened. "WELCOME TO METROPLEX, AUTOBOT."

Lu's optics went wide as the gates parted. Gosh, who'da thought it?" They all trooped inside, and beheld Metroplex. It was similar to their village. There was a boys' section and a girls' section. There was a place to take showers. What was different was that there were a bunch of places that housed really fancy weapons, and a tower that looked like the ones for the human airports. It was also more advanced.

"We have to start looking for Mew," whispered Lu. "Let's look at the big buildings first. We're gonna have to split up. Terriermon, you and Pikachu go west. Gatomon, go north. Veedramon, go south. I'll go east, and we'll see what we can find. We all know how to talk telepathic-like, so tell me if you spot anything."

CHAPTER 6

They had been searching for Mew for the past thirty minutes, yet there had been no sign of her. All the buildings had been searched, except for one that Terriermon and Pikachu had fled from: the one that housed the Dinobots. Gatomon had searched the weapons' area, and Veedramon had been in charge of the girls' section and the bathroom.

All of them were now waiting for Lu and Togepi to show up. Gatomon was crying again. "She's probably eaten now. Gosh, I feel so bad!" "Pika pika, pika-pi, pikachu," said Pikachu and gave his friend a hug.

Meanwhile, Lu had taken Togepi out of her backpack, for he had started whimpering for want of air. He was in her arms now, taking in the dark city and chirping in delight. Lu was surprised. Togepi was normally terrified of everything unusual to him.

Finally, there was only one building left to check. It was quite large, but only large enough for one person. It was near the center of the city, so it must have belonged to someone fairly important. I hope Mew is here, she thought. When she was near the building, she sent out a telepathic message towards it.

Mew, are you here? No answer. Lu sighed and wiped away the mercuric tears that fell down her faceplate. So what Gatomon feared had been true. Mew had been overwhelmed by large numbers of monsters and dinosaurs.

And just then, Mew appeared, looking sleepy, but frantic. She glanced at Lu and let out an excited Mew! "Mew!!!" yelled Lu. Almost dropping Togepi, Lu ran towards her friend and hugged her close. "Mew, you're all right!!" Lu yelled excitedly. Mew was talking urgently, and pulling Lu away. Lu, we gotta go now!!!"

"What's the rush?" said Lu, but no sooner had she said it than a sudden explosion rocked the whole of Metroplex. Mew, Lu and Togepi were thrown into the walls of a building. "We have to go now!!!!" said Lu, and she screamed as another explosion resounded in her audio receptors. Footsteps were heard, and Optimus flung his door open. "What in the inferno..!!!!!" he thundered. Lu saw him, and recognized the Autobot insignia on him.

But she had no time to think. The others came running up to her, and flew headfirst into her as a bomb exploded behind them. The other Autobots were running helter-skelter, shouting. Optimus ran to join them, and he didn't see Lu or her friends cowering in the corner. Lu!! What's going on?!?" yelled Veedramon. No time!!!!" yelled Lu. We have to get out of here!!!"

Two huge space crafts hovered just above them. The doors opened, and swarms of Decepticons flew from them, firing weapons at Metroplex. One of them, looking more insane than all of them, was bellowing orders at them.

As Lu and her friends ran off into the night, Optimus was directing orders from the safe underground battle station. "Magnus!! What's going on?" came Hot Rod's voice. "We're being attacked by the Decepticons!!! What does it look like, you idiot?!?" shrieked Arcee. Magnus, what's the current damage report, and how the hell do we get them off our backs?" yelled Optimus.

"We've been hit severely hard, Prime. Most of our weaponry system's down, and the weapons shelter we've building is useless right now.

"Optimus, what's going on?" came Eirone's voice, urgently. We've being besieged by Galvatron, that's what!!" Her next reaction was one he didn't fully expect. NO!!!! It's too soon, he cheated!!!!!" Her voice then changed from being hysterical to sly. "I'm going to have to cheat as well, then. Two can play his little game."

"Who are you talking about?!?!?!? And where's Mew?" said Optimus, for that was the first he realized that his strange companion wasn't with them. Mew's safe enough, but you'll know who he is soon enough. Prime, you'll be needed for something huge, and Hot Rod will help you. Do as you're told, and we'll get through this stage in one piece."

"Right," replied Optimus, unsure of this new task that he and Hot Rod had been assigned by his little companion. Magnus, grab every single weapon you can lay your hands on, get everyone else in here, and counterattack. It may not be our best move, but that's all we've got."

Ultra Magnus nodded his head and began to give his orders. But Prime didn't hear them, for he was concentrating on the plan that Eirone had for him. When everyone else ran to find weapons, he grabbed Hot Rod. Not you, Roddy. We've got something else to do."

"What?" asked the young bot, confused. No questions. Just do as I tell you, and we'll all come out of this in one piece. Now grab any weapon you find, and let's head for the construction site."

*************************
Lu and her friends had been running, avoiding the laser blasts and reaching desperately for their goal: the Autobot construction site, when Lu stopped. "Guys, I'm going back to help." What? Lu, you're crazy!!!" yelled Veedramon. No, I'm not!! Did you see that thing on that big guy's chest? It's the same as mine." Lu looked down at her light blue Autobot symbol. "They're all from Cybertron, and they're my people, and the Decepticons are attacking them, and I'm gonna go help. All of you go off and warn Mewtio and Mom."

Before their eyes, Lu turned and ran back to the flaming city. She saw a gun still trapped in the hands of a dead Decepticon. Forcing herself to look at the horrible spectacle, she wrenched the gun from his hands and hid in a dark corner, and waited. Sure enough, the Decepticons began shooting at fleeing Autobots. Calm down, Lu. Just aim and fire at the Decepticons. You're a better shot than Mommy, and she was a soldier!!

Gulping, Lu pulled the trigger and fired, almost thrown back by the ricochet reaction. But her target was true. The Decepticon fell down with a sickening thud. The second mech turned around to see who had felled his comrade, only to be shot down. Starscream saw this and yelled Who in the inferno is down there?!??" Lu yelped and almost dropped her gun. Starscream brought his laser and started to fire at Lu. He missed all his shots, but only intentionally, to scare her. And scare her, he did.

Lu screamed until her vocal module nearly shut down. Starscream heard her, and gasped. "I've found her!!! Galvatron will cringe when I will deliver her unto our Master," he thought. "There's no escape, child!!! You are coming with me!!"

A new voice interrupted his little game. I wouldn't think so!!!!" Starscream turned around and gasped. Before him was one of those human angels, only this one was as large as he, and female. Who in the inferno are you?

"Here's your answer!!!!" yelled Angewomon. She brought out an arrow and fired it at him. "Celestial Arrow!!!" The target was true, and Starscream nearly exploded to bits, but he was soon temporarily shut down, and he fell from the sky. Angewomon turned back into Gatomon, and she ran to Lu, who was sobbing with terror. Lu!! Lu, you okay?" Lu nodded.

"Come on," yelled Terriermon. We have to go!!" But just when they were about to leave, the Constructacons appeared before them. "Halt, child!!! You have no escape!!" I wouldn't bet on that!!!" yelled Terriermon. He inhaled suddenly, and a big green ball of energy shoots from his mouth. One of the bots was felled instantly, but the others dodged him. The leader snarled, and fired a laser at Terriermon.

Mew chose this time to intervene, and shielded Terriermon with her psychic force field. Still shielding him, and everyone else, she lifted them up and carried them away from their blasts, shooting pink balls of energy at them in the process. The leader glowered. "Galvatron will have us all deactivated if we let her escape!! Constructacons, unite!!!"

The bots soon transformed into the dread Devastator, the most powerful of all the Decepticons. The huge bot turned around and saw Mew leading her friends to safety. Holding out his hand, a laser blast escaped from his gun and did its damage. Mew yelped and fell limply to the ground.

"MEW!!!!!" Lu screamed, as they all fell to the ground below. Lu didn't mind her injuries; she rushed blindly to Mew, who lay still. Mew, say something!!" she screamed. Mew steered slightly, and opened her eyes, Mew ing faintly. Lu sobbed and held her fallen friend closely. The others came running, with Devastator hot on their heels.

Lu, we gotta leave now!!!! We can't stick around and get blasted!!!" screamed Gatomon. True to her words, Devastator was firing lasers at all of them. Togepi had gone beyond his usual hysteria to something akin to absolute terror. He screamed and cried at the same time, with Terriermon doing his best to shield him.

Picking up Mew, all of them raced to the holes with which they had emerged from. All of them dived into the holes frantically. Throwing Mew inside one, Lu was about to dive when a laser blast knocked her out of the way. Her head hit something and started leaking slightly. Lu found herself surrounded by a shadow. When she looked up, she screamed as Devastator's mighty hand tried to grab her. Letting her terror take hold of her, she ran away and hid inside some sort of tool shed. She hid inside a corner and started shaking with fright.

"PREPARE FOR EXTERMINATION," boomed Devastator from outside. All at once, Lu was bombarded with lasers and bombs. All missed the target, but was still close enough to shake her to the core. One blast completely shook her from her crouching space, and tools fell down and pinned her legs. She was truly trapped.

*********************
Mewtio stared at the sleeping Orion. If only she knew what peril Lu was in.....but he couldn't tell her. Not now. She would know in the morning.

And when tomorrow comes, the true struggle will begin for her. She won't like it, but she'll have to deal with it.

********************
Optimus!!! You must hurry!!! Lunera is in dire peril!! Leave AT ONCE or he will win!!!"

"Hot Rod!!! We have to go faster!!!" he yelled in his vehicle form to an orange and red sports car. Pushing his speed to the limit, he tore across the terrain to the construction site, and he saw Devastator raining laser blasts at one little tool shed. He couldn't believe that, amidst all the noise the blasts were generating, that he could hear a faint screaming. Optimus, that's her!!!" cracked Eirone's voice in his head like a whip. "Get her OUT, before she's destroyed!!!"

Optimus didn't need Eirone's guidance to get him going. The sight of Devastator playing, torturing with something so small, so helpless ......Please don't let them get me!!!..... black fury and rage filled him. Without thinking, he ran to meet him, with Hot Rod screaming at him to get his aft back over to formulate a plan.

GET THE HELL AWAY FROM HER!!!!!" he bellowed in a voice not his own. Devastator stopped attacking Lu and glared at the tiny bot. Even Lu stopped crying and struggled to make out the voice of her saviour. Her legs were starting to hurt, and clear liquid started oozing from them.

WHO DARES DEFY DEVASTATOR?" "Defy this!!!!" yelled Optimus, and he started to fire at Devastator. The giant had used up most of his energy to frighten Lu, and the blasts had some effects on him. Hot Rod, meanwhile, had come up from behind and started to shoot. "I've got you covered, Prime! Get whoever's in there out!!"

Optimus ran towards the tool shed, which was on the brink on collapsing. Ripping the door open, he saw a small little femme pinned by tons of machinery. Mercuric stains were still on her faceplate, and she was whimpering in fright. "It's all right," he said, heaving the machinery of her legs, letting her crawl to safety. "It's all right; no one's going to hurt you anymore. You're safe now.

Lu wasn't too sure. The huge bot was still outside, and a new person was trying to subdue him. But, she couldn't help but feel safe. The bot, though she couldn't read his exact facial features, she could see the kindness in his optics. And he was also an Autobot. There was no way he could hurt her.

Just then, Hot Rod appeared. Well, not exactly. He was thrown in there by Devastator. His head klunked against something, and he slumped, groaning. Optimus helped his friend up. Hot Rod, are you okay?" "Yeah, but my head hurts." Devastator chose that moment to start his bombardment again. At the first explosion, Lu screamed and ducked her head. The tool shed started to cave in. Optimus dragged her away from the first pieces of metal that fell. But one still managed to fall on her, and she became unconscious.

PREPARE FOR EXTERMINATION!!!" screamed Devastator, and was about to give his final blow, when pink balls of energy bombarded him. Stunned, he fell to the ground. Mew glared at him from above. Behind her were multitudes of creatures, each one different, and each one looking for blood. As Mew dived for Devastator, the others flew towards Metroplex, where the Decepticons had gained the upper hand.

Starscream and a dozen others had cornered the remaining Autobots. As he gave the order to fire, a huge dinosaur appeared in front of them. It had blue stripes and had a brown head-horn thing. "GREY HORNS ATTACK!!!" it bellowed, and charged to the Decepticons army, knocking all of them helter-skelter. Yet another creature, a metal coloured wolf with wings, flew from above and started firing blasts at them.

"Decepticons!!! Fight and stand!!!" screamed Galvatron. But his shrieks were to no avail. Everywhere, strange creatures were attacking them. Even small tiny ones could instil fear into their sparks!! Such a disgrace would not be tolerated!! One of them, a blue little creature, headbutted him to the ground. "This'll teach you to mess with us, creepo!!" it screamed.

And a voice entered his head, and everyone heard the new voice, and it was cold and mighty. Get thee hence, Galvatron!!! Thine attack has failed, and thine hordes have been demoralized and demobilized. I will give but one word, and my creatures will destroy you all. Go, evil one. Tell thy master his plans will falter. Neither the Child nor the Matrix will fall into thy hands. Go, and bother my children no more. Go, I abjure thee, go."

Decepticons!! Retreat!!!" he screamed in anger and terror. In no time, the Decepticons had transformed and left. Devastator had been torn apart by Mew, and the Constructacons were soon fleeing to the spaceships, which departed from Earth and never came back.

CHAPTER 7

Perceptor couldn't believe his eyes. He'd sworn he had nearly been pinned down by the Decepticons. Now, all sorts of alien creatures were talking excitedly. Some were huge, like the metal wolf with wings. Some were tiny, like the little blue creature that had headbutted Galvatron. Utterly fascinating, he thought. He couldn't wait to start his analysis!!

And just then, a new voice resounded in his processor. The monsters had stopped talking and listened to the voice. Come home now. You task is done, for the moment." Without a sound, they all flew off into the early sunlight. Some, like the metal wolf, helped other creatures not gifted with flight.

"Where'd they come from?" said Kup. Who cares, they saved us, and that's all we need to know, for now," replied Magnus, holding back his fuel from an injury in his arm that Soundwave had graciously given him. "Where's Optimus and Hot Rod?" asked Arcee suddenly. Sure enough, Optimus and Hot Rod had disappeared a while ago.

It was at that moment that both mechs appeared in the nearly destroyed city. It was even worse than the attack back in 2005, which had resulted in Prime's first death. Optimus was carrying the tiny fembot in his arms, with Hot Rod behind him. Mew hovered above them, casting worried glances at her friend.

Optimus!!! Thank the gods you're all right!! yelled Magnus. Prime didn't answer this greeting immediately. Magnus, get this child to the med bay immediately. She's suffered some severe leg damage, and she has a concussion." He wordlessly handed Lu over to Magnus. "Are you sure this is an Autobot? Doesn't look like one"

She's one of us, Magnus. And we're going to help her. Wordlessly, Magnus trooped off the med bay, where Ratchet had been patching up a few mechs. " That was close, too close for my liking," said Eirone grimly. I underestimated Dae'ka. He will be pissed off, but for now, she's safe."

"Eirone, we need to talk," said Prime as he, Hot Rod and Mew made their way to med bay . "First of all, who is this little girl, and why did Galvatron mobilize his entire army just to grab her? And who in the inferno is this Dae'ka?"

"You'll learn when you need to, Opti," came the reply. I will tell you a few things, though. Dae'ka is evil. Pure and simple evil. He's mobilized the Decepticons and the Quintessons to help him."

Prime moaned. So much for rest and relaxation!! "But why did he want her?" he asked as he saw the child sleeping peacefully on the recharge berth. Ratchet was saying that she would be better in no time, but he wasn't paying attention. She was so tiny, and so helpless!! She was only five years old, for Primus' sake. She didn't look like a worthy prize of some evil entity.

"You'll know, soon enough," and Eirone shut him off once more. Oh yes, he's gonna know, but he won't like it. It'll be trying for all of them, but it must be done.

Must it, Pixie? came a new voice as Mew's voice gently probed Eirone's vast mind. I rather like Oppy, and I don't want him to be hurt.

It must be done, Mew, sighed Eirone regretfully. They must be hurt: Optimus, Lu, Orion and the others. Pain can be a good thing.

There was silence, and then Mew said one word that even Eirone wouldn't have thought her capable of saying, or thinking. Bullshit!! And her thought was gone.

************************
The knives were getting closer and closer. He was squirming, wriggling and trying to break loose, but to no avail. The doctors smiled at him with cruel spite. And he saw the sight he most feared to see.

I am sore displeased with thee, Galvatron," came the voice. Not only didst thou not retrieve the Matrix, but thou couldst not even capture the girl. Thou hast disappointed me, Galvatron. Thou wilt pay for thy carelessness."

And the pain started. And he screamed. The other Decepticons were outside, in chains, waiting for their own punishments. Theirs would be painful. But at least, as Cyclonus reflected as he winced at Galvatron's shriek; it would not be that painful.

**********************
Orion woke up to the sweet sunshine and yawned. Last night had been thoroughly peaceful, for a change. The first time in weeks, I haven't dreamed about him, she pondered as she made her way to Lu's bedroom. I hope today will be as peaceful, she thought as she turned the doorknob.

Lu, honey, time to.....that's odd," she said as she beheld the empty bedroom. Must be outside, playing with Pikachu , she thought. On her way to the village center, she passed by Agumon and Armadillomon, playing a very energetic game of tag. "Hey guys, have you seen Lu anywhere?"

Both stopped playing and looked at Orion with uneasiness. "Umm.....we haven't seen her all day," said Armadillomon, sniffing. Orion attacked him at once. She knew Armadillomon was lying when he sniffed. "All right!! Has she left the village? She knows she's not supposed to do that!!! When did she leave?"

"Ummmm...last...night......ooff!!!" Agumon elbowed his friend roughly. Orion's optics became clear with growing concern. Oh, Primus...... she whispered, and she ran back to the house. Mewtio was just coming downstairs from the lab when she darted in. "Mewtio, I'm going up to find Lu. She left last night and hasn't come back."

Lunera is safe," came Mewtio's voice. "She is with the other Autobots in Metroplex." Orion stopped in her tracks and turned to face Mewtio, who was staring back at her with his large, violet eyes. What Autobots? And how would you know this, Mewtio?"

Are you deaf, fembot?" he snapped. I spent all of last night rallying the other monsters to attack the Decepticons, who had decided to pay a call on your species." Orion gasped with horror and covered her mouth. Lu....damn!! Why the slag didn't you tell me??!!" "Because you would overreact and go see for yourself. Anyway, Lu is safe, and that's all you need to know. Now go back to bed, you look awful."

Don't tell me what to do, you arrogant twit!!!" Orion roared, causing Onix and Charizard, who were outside napping, to wake suddenly. Both turned their attention towards the house, where Mewtio and Orion had begun a screaming contest. They turned to each other, shook their heads and ambled off for a quieter place to rest.

"I'm going to find my child, Mew twit , and you're not going to stop me!!!" And Orion was just about to leave in high dungeon, when she was flung into a chair by a force that could only have come from one being. Mewtio appeared in front of her, a look of anger and apology on his face. "Orion, her father is there. Are you ready to meet him?"

Orion had been about to verbally beat him to a pulp, but upon hearing that piece of information, her voice was gone. Her spark started to speed up a little. Stop that!! After all these years....was it possible that.....?

I wouldn't get my hopes up, Orion. He doesn't even remember you. And seeing as you've been feeding Lunera nonsense about his so-called death, it wouldn't be a wise idea to spill the truth out. Think about who you'd hurt the most if you did that."

Orion nodded, and mercuric tears sprang from her eyes. For over a century, she had been deeply in love with him. But he had left her, and in her pregnant state, to die on Cybertron. But the thought of meeting him arose new hopes in her. She moaned, and wished she could have just told Lu the truth about him. It would make the inevitable meeting so much easier!!!

Mewtio, I have to go and think for a while. I won't be back for dinner. She got up and transformed into a black Porsche with the Autobot insignia in white on the hood. Roaring her engines, she blasted through the door and raced across the terrain, startling Jigglypuff and Meowth, who were also napping. What got into her? muttered Meowth grouchily. Jigglypuff shook her head and continued sleeping. Meowth did likewise.

Mewtio watched her go, and shook his head. The day was coming, and he didn't like the road to it at all.

*******************

Everything was blurry. She could make out some really mixed up colors, mostly red, mostly white, and mostly grey. Her head hurt, and her audio receptors were drumming, but she could still make out voices.

....doesn't look so bad....good as new in a few days....don't.....she'll be fine....

Are you......took a....Devastator......." The images were starting to clear, and Lu could make out who exactly was talking. It was two Autobots. One of them was white and had some red paint on his chestplate. The other, she instantly recognized from her night in the tool shed, the one who had rushed in to save her.

At this point, Ratchet and Optimus had stopped talking when they noticed Lu slowly steering to life. She sat straight up, and jumped down from the bed, only to nearly swoon from dizziness and hunger. She felt strong hands lift her back into bed. Not so fast, little miss. You're not going anywhere for a while."

Lu turned to face Optimus. How can you talk? You've got no mouth," she said. Ratchet burst out laughing. "He's got a mouth, kid. He doesn't like showing it very often." That's enough, Ratchet," said Optimus, before turning to look at Lu. She was swinging her small legs on the bed, the very picture of cuteness. He couldn't get over how tiny she was.

"What's your name?" she said, interrupting his thoughts. "Huh? Oh.....I'm Optimus Prime." Lu's optics went wide. "You're Optimus? THE Optimus? Wow!!!" she yelled. Gosh, you're a hero!!!! Wow, my mommy's told me so many stories about you!!!!"

"Isn't that a fact?"
he thought. My name's Lunera," she continued. But I don't really like that name, cos it's too girly, so everyone calls me Lu instead. I think your name's too long, can I call you Oppy?" All this came out in a torrent of breath that could outblow Blurr, whose estimated rate was well over 650 syllables per minute.

"Did you register any of that? came Ratchet's voice. Some of it, he replied. You hungry, Lu?" The little girl nodded, an adorable smile lighting up her faceplate. You bet!!! What's for breakfast?" "It's not breakfast, it's lunch. You've been asleep for about ten Earth hours now.

"Really? That long? Wow, I gotta eat now!! Where's the kitchen?" she said, grabbing Optimus' hand and dragging him out the door. He stopped himself and simply raised his hands, along with a startled girl with it. "Let me do the leading. I'm the mech in charge of the Autobots, remember?" Lu giggled and jumped from his grip.

It was at this moment that Mew and Hot Rod just turned the corner. Upon seeing her friend, Lu screamed with delight and ran to embrace her. Mew welcomed her at first, but Optimus couldn't help but smile when he heard faint suffocating noises. "Hey, Op!! Hey, kid!! How're you doing?" said Hot Rod. Lu shook his hand politely enough. "I'm fine, thanks. Oppy's showing me to the kitchen, cos it's breakfast, only it's not breakfast, it's lunch cos I've been sleeping for a long while, and now I'm really hungry, so Oppy's showing me to the kitchen now.

Without even waiting for a reply, Lu ran to a stunned Prime and grabbed his huge hand. So, where are we going?" Optimus led her to the kitchen, still trying to register the things she had babbled on about.

"Prime," said Hot Rod through the Matrix link. I got lost somewhere between the first two words and the kitchen part. You?

I have no idea whatsoever," he replied, listening to Lu talk excitedly, asking questions about Metroplex, which looked slightly better than it did after the attack. The Dinobots were tidying up, while waiting for the other Autobots to hurry up with lunch. We're gonna have our hands full with her. She seems to be fuelled by lots of sugar-flavoured energon. She's gonna tire us out soon."

"Woah!! You're not expecting me to play baby-sitter to little Miss 7-11, are you? came the anxious reply. "Still, she's pretty cute though. She's gonna grow up to be a bombshell, just you wait."

RODDY!!!!! came Prime's astonished reply. All this while, Lu had run ahead when he pointed out the kitchen to her. "Relax, Prime!!!" the young mech laughed. "Actually, I'm interested in her mom. She must have got what she's gonna get from her .

"Roddy, I swear I don't know how I put up with you.

"Is it because I'm just too irresistible?" snickered the unscrupulous one.

Prime moaned. What was he going to do with this boy?

CHAPTER 8

The sky was completely cloudless, as yesterday. It was summer, and nature was at her most beautiful. Orion was sitting down, shaded by a willow, surveying all around her. On the outside, to anyone who hadn't seen her, she was amazingly beautiful. Even though she didn't look like a normal fembot, she was stunning, to say the least.

She had been beautiful before she had been taken by the Quintessons. She was more beautiful after she had been rescued. She had been the only fembot taken. The other Autobots had been restored back to their original state, but for some reason, her body had not been able to accept the drug that would have turned her back into the blue and white fembot she had been.

Even so, the other mechs loved her. They all fell madly in love with her, but only for her beauty. She had turned them all down, until he came along.

He was so different from them all, she thought. True, people had spoken ill of their relationship, him being an important member of the Autobot army; she the most beautiful of all fembots, but with a heart of stone, as her jealous suitors said. But they were in love. Nothing else mattered.

Then came the day he had had to go. The Decepticons had taken over Cybertron, and he had had to leave.

You don't have to go," she had said as his spaceship arrived to take him away. "Please stay with me, please." He had sighed, and he had wiped her mercuric tears from her faceplate. And then he had kissed her for the last time. Orion, listen to me. I will return for you. It may take a lifetime, but I will do what it takes in my power to be by your side once more. I promise you.

A month later, she had learned she was pregnant, and he had written her a cold letter. He didn't want to see her anymore. She was not "robot" enough for him. She was....abnormal.

She had written him back: a letter that started with scathing anger and had ended with words of her undying love, and the news of their child. He had written her back one last time, the day before Unicron had arrived. He was finished with her, and he had told her to keep the child away from him.

Sobbing, Orion buried her head in her hands and started to cry again. After over a century, she couldn't believe that she was still in love with him. She could see him through Lu: the warmth, the sudden spurts of energy, and the simple, sweet way she expressed her love.

She had to get Lu back. Her spark ached for her warm laughter, and the little smile that could cast her heartache away. She had to leave, see whoever it was that was in charge up in Metroplex, and demand for her daughter.

But how could she possibly do that, when he was up there? She simply couldn't! The thought of seeing him would be too much. She could imagine the scenario well: she would look at him with love, and he would shun her, until she left.

And a horrible thought entered her head. What if...oh Primus!!....what if Lu likes him, and he likes her? Lu would demand visits, should she succeed in taking her back home. How long would it be until the truth was known? Lu would never forgive her. Not for lying, not for denying her the childhood she should have had with her own kind. Not for denying her the father she had never known. Lu, though just five years old, was very passionate, and her first reaction would be to denounce her for her lies.

Orion heard voices. Turning around, she forced herself to smile at Patomon, Pikachu and his little cousins: Michu and Kichu, otherwise known as the Pichu brothers. The Pichu twins were very troublesome and hyper. They both looked like miniature versions of Pikachu, except their own brown stripes hadn't shown yet, nor were their tails that definite "lightning shape."

Patomon was watching Pikachu trying to show his cousins to control their powers. Unlike Pikachu, the twins' powers were very sporadic. They had immense powers, but couldn't do a thing with them, except cause havoc and make Mewtio's life unbearable. It was so bad; Mewtio had once considered expelling them from the village. It took the pleas of Pikachu, the entire village, herself, and Lu's hysterical tears to make him change his mind. After all, they were just hatchlings, being only five months old.

Pikachu was saying something to the twins, who were listening with rapt attention. He turned to a crude straw statue of Starscream. His body tensed, and electricity was all around him. Patomon backed away carefully. Pichu and Michu were staring.

"PI...KA...CHU!!!!!!" he screamed, and a bolt of lightning hit the target, destroying it completely. The twins clapped their paws, squeaking in amazement, especially when another one miraculously took its place. Patomon spotted Orion, who was walking down the path to see them, and flew towards her. "Hello, ma'am!! How goes it? he said. He was the only monster in the village who called her that.

"Okay, I guess," she said, sitting down beside him. Kichu had stepped up, gulping at a new target of Starscream. "Do you think they'll finally do it? she whispered. I hope so," replied Patomon. "It'll be nice playing with them and not getting scared that you'll be electrified out of the blue." But of course, their raised hopes were thrown to the ground when Kichu completely missed his target and electrocuted a nearby tree. The hatchling sobbed his disappointment, whilst Pikachu moaned.

Michu then came up. There was one way to tell the difference between the otherwise identical twins. Kichu was the quieter of the two when they weren't wreaking havoc with their unpredictable powers. Michu was at times boastful and had a bit of an imperious attitude. It seemed that he was the dominant one, but quiet little Kichu held more influence over his tempestuous brother than anyone, save Pikachu, knew.

Michu aimed at his target, and fired. His shot was more accurate than Kichu's, but not perfect. True, half of the straw statue had been blasted to smithereens, but another part of his shot had bounced off a boulder, zigzagged around the field, and hit Kichu, shocking him badly. Pikachu squealed and ran to help his shaken baby cousin. At the way Michu was sniggering, Patomon and Orion knew that Kichu's ill luck was not accidental.

Pikachu yelled at Michu, who timidly came over. Though the twins were in their ways rebellious, the only person they answered to, other than Orion and Mewtio, was their big cousin. Pikachu launched into a tirade that only he and the cringing hatchling understood. However, before long, Michu started staring at his twin, who was giving him an evil death stare. Despite his quietness, Kichu had a volcanic temper. The prank Michu pulled on him was not taken very lightly on his part.

Pikachu was so caught up in his tirade, he didn't hear Kichu growl dangerously, nor did he see Michu back away, in a fighting stance. The next thing he knew, fur was flying and the twins were clawing at each other: paws, teeth, anything they could throw at each other. Pikachu tried to intervene, but a surprise kick from Kichu sent him flying straight into Orion's arms.

"Pi, pika, pika, pi, pika pi, pikachu!!!!" he yelled. Together, the three of them pounced on the twins and managed to drag them apart. Orion held firmly to a bruised, but snarling Michu. Pikachu and Patomon were trying to keep an even more injured Kichu from clawing his eyes out. At last, Patomon took the air, holding a dangling Kichu from his feet. Orion sighed and signalled for Patomon to bring him down. The twins stared at each other, with much less venom but still a lot of anger.

Pikachu gave them both a long, hard lecture. Both looked like they didn't care, then they managed to look guilty, and then terrified for a moment, for Pikachu had suggested that the matter be taken up with Mewtio. After a couple of minutes, Pikachu stopped and stared at them expectantly. Michu bounded from Orion's arms and nuzzled against Kichu, who returned the favour.

All three breathed a collective sigh of relief. Pikachu plopped to the ground and said something to Patomon, who laughed. "You're not that old, Pikachu!! It's called stress; it's what every parent goes through regarding their hatchlings. Right, Orion?" However, Orion had vanished. All four of them stared at the empty space where Orion had been sitting not ten seconds ago. "Where'd you suppose she went to?" said Patomon.

Back in her home, Orion took the stairs down to the basement, which happened to house an advanced computer dubbed EVENROSE, named in honour of Mewtio's favourite Earth book. Evenrose made up the nerve system of the village. She controlled the portals leading to and from it. She kept track with time, and did checks on all the food. Her alarm system detected trouble within the village, and she also had some cyborgs as a primary defense against any invaders. One really important thing Evenrose also did was activate the one machine that could bring back any monster that died. The reactivator decomposed the body, and returned them into their egg state, just before they hatched. This was the only way the monsters could stick around for so long.

Orion entered the underground network, and found Mewtio engaged in a heavy game of chess against Evenrose. The computer wasn't designed to be a normal CPU. True, there was a giant computer, where all her memory was kept. But now and again, she took on the form of a human woman. This form usually had bright red hair, emerald eyes, and wore black trousers, a backless, sleeveless, black top, and black high heels. Evenrose was a lot like Eirone: frivolous, spontaneous, bossy, and very short tempered. However, she could be nice when she wanted to be.

"Check mate," said she of the red hair, and knocked over Mewtio's black king. Mewtio snarled and knocked the entire chess board away with his psychic powers. You cheated. You weren't supposed to move your queen like that. "Ah, ah, ah!" she giggled. "Temper, temper. Don't be such a sore loser." At this point, Orion smiled. Mewtio and Evenrose had a love/hate relationship. They continually argued, yelled and sometimes had a few bouts. But still, they both liked each other. Orion was perhaps the only one who knew how close the two were. Theirs was a friendship true and deep.

At this point, Evenrose noticed Orion and waved. Come on in, Orion. Want to watch me beat Mewtio in a charming game of chess?" Not now, Evenrose," said Mewtio, seeing the look on the fembot's face. Orion and I need to talk. ALONE." Evenrose pouted, but her form went back to her main CPU, and she silently went into sleep mode.

Mewtio, I've decided to go to Metroplex. Are you sure about this, Orion? Are you ready to meet him after all these years?" Orion gulped, but she nodded. It's about time that I laid this old demon to rest. He and I have to talk about this like mature adults. It's the only way I'll be able to get some peace. Besides, Lu has been up there long enough. She'll probably be wondering why I haven't come yet.

Mewtio nodded. I hope this thing...goes well for you, Orion. I know your suffering. It must end." Orion smiled. She was the only one who knew of Mewtio's much kinder side. It was at that moment that there was an audible sob. Both turned around and glared at Evenrose, who had gone online. What? What? Don't either of you give me any bad looks, or I'll cut off all the power in the village. And don't think of giving me any viruses, Mewtio!! And all was silent as Evenrose went into sleep mode again.

"Why DID you call her Evenrose? She's not exactly an angelic elf maiden."

Yes, she is, Orion." said Mewtio. She may be like Ce'Nedra, from those Belgariad books. But like the Elven Queen Galadriel, she is the most beautiful thing that exists." Orion's optics raised in surprise, but she said nothing and left.

(A/N: Just for the record, I forgot this at the beginning: I do not own Transformers, Digimon, or Pokemon in any way. If I did, I'd be filthy rich right now, but I'm not, so there. However, Orion, Lu, Eirone, Evenose, Dae'ka and any other characters I may come up with as this goes on, all belong to ME. This story has taken me over a year to write. It started out as a TF/DBZ crossover, but it got too much, and it didn't focus on the Autobots like I wanted it to, so I changed it. Use my characters if you wanna, but PLEASE ASK ME FIRST. My email is moesha_7@hotmail .com)

CHAPTER 9

The next day for Lu was the most exciting she had ever experienced in her short life. She was given a tour of the city straight after lunch, and Hot Rod took her all around the Oregon landscape. The village was indeed beautiful, but nothing quite like these mountains. Hot Rod was really nice to be around with, and he was really cute.

It was mid-afternoon, and Hot Rod was trying to teach her to fish. Lu, you have to be quiet first of all, and concentrate real hard, or the fish will go away." Lu stifled a yawn. Not that Hot Rod was boring, but fishing itself was boring. They had plenty of food in Metroplex, so what was the point? Hot Rod never caught anything anyway.

After the sad failure of the fishing, they were heading back, when a huge red and blue truck stopped in front of them. Lu was surprised, and was even more so when it suddenly transformed into Optimus, or Oppy, as she took to calling him. "Woah!!" she yelled. "How'd you learn to do that? It's so awesome!!!"

Both Optimus and Hot Rod looked at the little girl with surprise and some shock. You mean you don't know how to transform?!?" said Hot Rod, his optics (if this be the correct term) bulging. Lu shook her head, wondering what the fuss was all about. No.....is that a bad thing?"

Not really," said Optimus, before Hot Rod could launch into a huge speech on the utter necessity of being able to transform. But...it is highly unusual that you can't transform, at your age." Lu nodded. It's just that, my mommy probably could do it, but she doesn't do it in front of me, so maybe she can do it, but she doesn't want to, then I probably would know, but I don't know, cos.........

All right!!!" yelled Hot Rod. "Primus, she's worse than Blurr!!" Optimus ignored him. Okay, then. It looks like we're going to have to teach you how to transform. The Decepticons may probably try another attack, and it'd be a good idea to learn how to turn into a swifter vehicle. Legs don't work as well as wheels."

And thus began Lu's first transforming lesson. It looked easy, and it even sounded easy: all Hot Rod and Optimus did was think it, and they became cars.

The first time she actually changed form was just to produce one wheel in place of her left leg. After fifteen minutes of screaming, she changed back. Hot Rod buried his head in his hands, moaning. Optimus sighed. Let's try this again." And they did. Twelve times they tried it, but Lu could only produce one or two wheels at a time.

"We'll try again tomorrow," said Optimus. Lu nodded, feeling slightly ashamed that she'd let them down like that. That's it, Optimus!" said Hot Rod through the Matrix. We've been doing this your way. Let me show you exactly how I learned."

As quick as lightning, Hot Rod ran to Lu, pushed her down, transformed and sped off, ignoring Optimus' cries of outrage. Lu tore off after him, her tiny legs pounding the earth, screaming the transformation command, which didn't work. As Hot Rod got farther away, Lu got angrier. Until she finally yelled out "TRANSFORM, darn it!!!"

Not too far away, Optimus was after them both, intent on killing Roddy before the night was done, when he noticed an incredible change come over Lu. One second, she was a little Autobot femme, and the next, she became a little blue sports car, very similar to Hot Rod's form. Before his astonished optics, she roared her engines and in no time became just a speck against the setting sun.

"Looks like Roddy has to die another time, then. Pity," came a familiar voice. Optimus ignored Eirone and transformed, racing after them.

Hot Rod was surprised when he saw the little blue sports car gaining on him. Hey, kid!!! Nice work!!! Bet you can't catch....woah!!!!!" The last part came when Hot Rod noticed that Lu, among other things, knew how to work her weaponry system. Before long, Hot Rod was not only trying to put a lot of distance between himself and Lu. He was also trying to dodge bullets.

Lu, what the heck are you trying to do?!?! Look, sorry I pushed you, but you did transform, didn't you? If she heard him, she ignored him and kept firing at him. "Opti!!!" he screamed. The kid's out to get me!! What do I do?? Do I fire at her? Optimus was surprised and a little pleased to hear Roddy sound so frightened. Now was the perfect time for the young mech to pay for his pranks.

Hot Rod, I'm surprised at you!!" he began in a calm voice. "Didn't your mother ever tell you not to hit girls, particularly small ones? I'm afraid I'll have to team up with Lu and chase you all the way to Metroplex.

You're not serious!!!!!!??!!!"
yelled Hot Rod. However, Prime didn't answer him back. Instead, he was replied with a huge missile that Lu couldn't have fired. Slag, he wasn't kidding!!!! thought Hot Rod.

And so it was, that by the time, they were nearing Metroplex, Hot Rod had dents all over his body and plenty more were to come from the combined forces of Lu and Optimus. The first bot that they met was Kup. He took one look at them all: Hot Rod, speeding for his life, followed by a little blue car that could only have been Lu, and Optimus' familiar truck form. And he too transformed and sped to join them, chuckling to himself.

When they had reached Metroplex, Hot Rod immediately transformed and started running. But that was to no avail, especially when all three bots transformed and dogpiled on top of Hot Rod. "Argh!!!! Uncle, uncle!! I give, I give!! Get offa me!!!" he cried. Laughing, all three got off. The other Autobots were extremely surprised to see the usually demure older bots laughing so hard, and the usually jovial Hot Rod scowling for all his worth.

All right, what happened here?" said Magnus, trying to keep a straight face. "They chased me and nearly killed me!!! yelled Hot Rod. He started it!!! yelled Lu, and she pounced on him again. Everyone laughed their heads off, even Hot Rod, who started seeing the funny aspect of the whole escapade.

After the initial hysteria, Magnus told Prime news that Ironhide and Springer were on their way from Cybertron. News of the Decepticon attack had reached them. At once, the two put separate generals in charge of the planet and headed home. The only bots who seemed happy with the news were Arcee, who hadn't seen Springer in well over two years, and Lu, who liked meeting new people, and who at the moment was in her car form and racing about the city with Hot Rod. The others didn't want them to leave home.

Later that night, as Optimus was in his recharge berth and getting ready for bed, Eirone decided to pay a visit. You didn't see it, did you?

"See what, Pixie?" said Prime, sleepily. "When Lu was in her car state. Normally, there would have been your insignia on it. She didn't have it." Oh? And what was it? asked Prime, now awake. "Wait till tomorrow, Prime. Goodnight." And she shut him off again.

Prime swore slightly and went to sleep. But not until he heard Mew's thoughts in his head. She had a jewelled Phoenix on her hood, Oppy. It's the combined sign of the Matrix, being the jewels, and Primus, being the Phoenix."

How do you know all this?" asked Prime, looking at Mew, who seemed to be snoring peacefully beside him. "I've been around for a while. I know Pixie more than you do at the moment. I've seen the symbol on Lu before, when she was a baby. You know what that means, Oppy?

No, but I'm going to find out in the next thing you're going to say, right?"

This means that she is PRIMAERONA, beloved of Primus. She's been picked by Primus himself to stop the Evil that's getting more powerful. She's also being picked by the Matrix."

That would mean Eirone, then?"
asked Prime, getting more confused. No. Eirone is just the Spirit of the Matrix. The Matrix is an extension of Primus, but equal in his power. It is a force that you have yet to comprehend."

I don't understand any of this," moaned Optimus. You will, Oppy. Not yet, but you will. Goodnight. When he was asleep, Mew flew out of the room and out of the city. She landed on a nearby hill where Mewtio was waiting for her.

How is Lunera, little hobbit?" asked Mewtio. She's well enough, old Elf. Her training began today. She learned how to transform, and Hot Rod's racing her. She can also fire bullets and stuff." That's good. That's her speed and defense taken care of." Contrary to what the other monsters and the two fembots thought, Mewtio and Mew really cared about each other. About the only other people that Mewtio let himself care for were Orion and Lu. True, he liked Evenrose, but she irked him 24/7.

Orion has decided to come to Metroplex. Mew jumped up in alarm. Are you serious, Mewtio? The purple creature nodded. Don't worry, little hobbit. She has mourned for over a century, but now she is ready." When will she arrive, Mewtio? asked Mew. "Tomorrow morning, at the latest. She will come, mingle, and take Lu back.

"Won't.....won't he remember her, though?"

No. Your little friend took care of that a hundred years back, didn't she?"
Mew nodded, blushing slightly. That was cruel of her. Necessary, but cruel." Yes, but what's done is done. And, if we get through this, it would have served for the better." The sun was beginning to shine at this point. You must go now, Mew. Optimus will suspect something if you're gone. You told him a great deal, though. Not too much information at once, little sister. He will know what he needs to know in due time."

All right. But at least I'm giving him more info than Pixie. She just shuts him out when he asks questions." Mew floated near Mewtio and kissed his head. So long, old Elf." A rare, kindly smile formed on Mewtio's face as Mew flew back. "Goodbye, little hobbit." When Mew was just a pink dot in the rising sun, Mewtio decided to go back. As he flew towards the island, he noticed for the first time, a black vehicle speeding towards Metroplex.

And so the journey begins for Orion. I truly hope she knows what awaits her.

Meanwhile, Lu had woken up and blinked at the rising sun. Yawning, she jumped from the recharge berth, careful not to wake up Arcee, her temporary roommate. Quietly, she headed for the showers and gave herself a thorough wax job before stepping out into the sunshine. Transforming into her car form, she sped off, out of the city.

Lu loved being able to transform. It felt like flying across the open terrain while never leaving the ground. It gave her a natural high knowing that she possessed this skill and could harness it to her will. Gosh, no wonder Hot Rod was so shocked that I couldn't do this! It's great!!!!! I only wish I knew what I looked like. I'd better ask Oppy when I get back . Of the Autobots in Metroplex, Lu chief friends were Optimus, Hot Rod, Arcee, and more recently Grimlock, who, despite his sharp temper and dull wit, had a kind spark.

After some time, Lu thought that she heard the roaring of another engine. Weird. I'd better check it out. Doing a sharp 180 degree turn, she drove back towards the city, and noticed a black Porsche racing towards the same goal. Roaring her engines, Lu went even faster and reached the city only seconds before the second car. She turned to face the black car, which halted abruptly at the sight of the small car, and she brought out her guns. Literally.

Umm....who goes there?" she said in an uneasy voice. The reply was not the one she expected. "LU??!!!!!" came the surprisingly feminine voice. Then, before her eyes, the black Porsche turned into a more familiar form, one that she had dearly missed.

"MOMMY!!!!" she squealed. Hurriedly, she transformed into her bot state and lunged towards Orion's awaiting arms. Mommy, what are you doing here? I thought you were still in the village!! Didn't Gatomon or Terriermon tell you not to worry? How's everyone? I met Autobots, Mom, and I killed a Decepticon, and I know how to transform, and I know how to shoot weapons, and........

Not too much at once!!! Slow down, little lady!!!!!" laughed Orion, only too happy to hear Lu's excited voice. Still talking at over 200 miles per hour, Lu told of her adventures, and meeting the other Autobots, and generally what she'd been up to for the past 24 hours.

While Lu was leading her mother to the heart of Metroplex, Orion was taking in all that was around her. The city was so much like her beloved Cybertron. It looked better since the Decepticon raid. Not much, but most of the buildings had been restored.

Just then, voices could be heard from the main building, where the others had gathered for some energon drinks, a quick breakfast, and on to the business of the Decepticons. Oh, there's everyone!!" yelled Lu. Dragging Orion by the arm, she made her way there, not noticing the fact that her mother's strides were growing smaller, as though delaying the inevitable.

(A/N: Soz!! Mistake Alert: "Veedramon" is supposed to be "Deemiveemon," or something like that. I've just seen the Digimon film. I got confused by a Digimon site I went to. My apologies >_<).

CHAPTER 10

Optimus surveyed all his old friends around him and wondered what was in store for them all. So far, he knew that there was an evil entity hell-bent on ruling the universe, and Lu was either the key to his success, or his downfall. Eirone wouldn't say anything more, and she was especially close-lipped about Lu's mother. Why in the inferno wouldn't she let him meet her? What would happen if he did? And why was it so important for Eirone?

And suddenly, he heard a high-pitched shriek resound inside his CPU. NO!! She shouldn't BE here!! Not now!!! Before Optimus could answer, Lu rushed in, dragging the hand of some unfortunate bot with her. "Oppy, my mommy's here!!" she squealed, before dragging the poor femme in. Optimus wasn't expecting much, but what he saw nearly stopped his spark.

Lu's mother was among one of the most beautiful things he had ever laid eyes on, to sum up the feeling he was experiencing. She had Lu's physical structure, meaning she didn't look like a normal fembot. She had black trousers, a white shirt, and long, raven hair. Her figure was too perfect to be real. She reminded him of some sort of queen. She made Alita look.......

And the thought of his long-dead beloved made him cringe with guilt. After the impact Alita made on his life, would he betray her memory and their love for a femme with a pretty face? Besides, how would Lu react? He already loved her like his own child, but would he be ready for any real commitment towards both of them?

He noticed for the first time the sadness in Orion's optics. She seemed to ache from an age-old pain, and he scolded himself when he found his spark aching to heal that wound. But when he saw Hot Rod stare at her with wide optics and trembling hands, he felt vile jealousy threaten to choke him.

Primus, what's wrong with me? Clearing his throat, he walked up to the femme and held out a slightly trembling hand. "Stop that!!!! thundered Eirone. You're no longer some young mech who falls for every pretty face he sees!!" Yes, mother," he replied sarcastically. "Welcome to Metroplex, ma'am. I am Optimus Prime.

I know already who you are, Prime," she said with just the slightest hint of iciness. But thank you anyway. I hope Lunera hasn't been a bother." A slight snigger from Grimlock made them turn their heads. At the initial reaction, the big dino guffawed. Lu no tell Grimlock name Lunera !!" he bellowed. Lu answered by transforming and raining missiles on him. As the others watched and laughed, Grimlock ran from the pint-sized excuse of a car, roaring with fright before hiding behind Slag.

All the while, Orion was watching with chagrin. When Lu returned, wreathed in smiles, she hastily apologized to Optimus, who thanked Primus she couldn't see his grin. It's all right, ma'am. Children will be children." Lu was hearing the conversation with puzzlement. What had come over Oppy? He was speaking to Orion as though he were at some formal banquet or something. And why were his hands shaking like that?

Maybe Hot Rod'll help him relax, she thought. Before long, she was dragging Hot Rod to meet her mother. Mommy, this is another friend of mine. His name's........" Lu, haven't I told you it's rude to interr........." And Orion found that she couldn't speak anymore.

Dear Primus, he still looks the same as ever!! For about five seconds, the both of them just stared dumbly at each other. He doesn't seem to know me, Orion realized. I'll just play along. Hello, handsome. What might be your name? If he could, Hot Rod would have blushed crimson. His vocal module seemed to have stopped working. Primus, she's.........beautiful!! Oh slag, what do I say? Most fortunately, Lu answered for him.

This is Hot Rod, Mommy. He's the one who taught me how to transform and stuff. Orion nodded, and held out her hand. I'm Orion. It's....really nice to meet you. At long last, she added mentally. Hot Rod took her hand shyly. Slag, it felt so soft! And.....right, somehow.

Lu went around and introduced Orion to everyone. There were a few stares at her physical form, particularly from the other mechs, but nothing too bad. As for Hot Rod, he came over to Prime, looking very uncomfortable. "Uh....Optimus? I need to talk to you. Now.

When they were outside, Optimus took one look at his young friend's face and guessed immediately. She's very pretty, isn't she? he said. Optimus, 'pretty' doesn't do her justice. Try 'breathtaking', or 'beautiful', or something along those lines. Optimus, how do I talk to her without looking like a fool?"

Optimus was at a loss for words. He had expected Hot Rod to say something along the lines of "Wow, she's hot!!" He sounded like a lovesick puppy. And he hadn't missed the look in Orion's eyes either. She had taken an interest in Hot Rod too. Both of them would look nice together.

"NO!!!" came a voice in his head. Why give so worthy a prize to some punk who will hurt her? The mech is young, and foolish. She needs someone older, wiser, who will treat her well. Why not win the femme over, Optimus Prime?"

Optimus felt a noiseless explosion in his CPU, and the sudden pressure he felt vanished. He shuddered slightly. That voice was rasping, snarling and filled with such bitterness!! He looked at Hot Rod., who was waiting for an answer. He looks as though he really likes this femme. I can't deny him this.

"Just be your natural, suave self, Roddy. That's the best advice I can give you. Hot Rod didn't look much comforted. Prime, you don't get it. When I saw her, it was like I...shrivelled, like a worm that sees a beautiful butterfly in front of it. She looks so classy, and so nice. How can I even bring myself to talk to her?

Just at that moment, Lu came running up with Orion in tow. "Here's your chance, Roddy," said Prime, nodding towards their direction. Hot Rod turned, looked and quaked when he saw her. Hot Rod!! Oppy!!!!" yelled Lu excitedly. Mommy wants a tour of the Ore...Oreg....the mountains, and she wants you both to take her around. Can you come, please?

Hot Rod relaxed and laughed. How could I refuse two such lovely ladies? Course we'll go!! Right, Opti?" Optimus nodded and smiled at them both, trying to conceal the jealous bale rising in his circuits. However, Springer came up. Prime, time to get this show on the road!! We have to have the meeting now.

"Aww!!!" pouted Lu. "Can't it wait till later, Springer? Pleeeeeaase?" Springer chuckled. No such luck, kid." Optimus shook his head apologetically. "Maybe some other time, Orion. I have to do my job at the moment. Hot Rod, you don't mind, do you?

Roddy turned to Optimus with a half-frightened, half-grateful look on his face that was slightly comical. "Sure, why not? You can brief me in on it later." Orion nodded. Don't work too hard now, Optimus! she called after him with a rich laugh. Optimus waved at them, as they all transformed and sped out of the city, trying harder to squelch the jealousy in his spark.

She's one looker, isn't she? came Springer's voice behind him. "Makes a mech kinda wish he didn't already have a girl. But she's for someone else. I've already found mine. He smiled, casting a content look at Arcee. Optimus sighed. Arcee would keep Springer on his feet. One part of him tried to suppress the other half, which was drowning in the emotions that Orion had released from his spark.

I see you've met Orion, then,"
came Mew's voice. Optimus turned to see the pink creature floating in front of him. Yes, Mew. And I'm afraid I might be falling hard for her. Mew sighed. "Pixie was afraid of this. She's going to give you an earful tonight." Optimus sighed. Of course, Eirone would give him the lecture of a lifetime. Considering the venom in which she treated the idea of himself meeting Orion, she wouldn't stop berating him for a long while.

Mew, when I was outside, there was a strange voice.....it was voicing my jealousy towards Hot Rod." "Jealousy?" "Yes. Hot Rod is smitten with her, and I think Orion feels the same way." Mew said nothing, but sighed. "Opti, whatever you do, don't pay attention to that voice. He's already trying to use you.

Who, Dae'ka?" answered Optimus telepathically, for they were back in the building. Yes. He's extremely powerful, and he's already trying to trick you. Pixie knew you'd fall for Orion. That's why she's so angry now. He also knew it too, and he's trying to use you to hurt Orion and Hot Rod, and eventually to Lu. If he does that, there's no telling what he'll do!!"

What do you mean?" said Optimus, now thoroughly concerned. "Dae'ka feeds off the emotions of others. He selects his prey, feeds off on all their negative feelings, and uses it to destroy those around the person. I can't really explain this, but if Lu gets hurt by this, she won't be able to awaken her powers."

"Why?" Mew shook her head. Lu needs love, Optimus. Not, as in she needs it now. But when the time comes, she will need it, more than ever. If she feels otherwise, her powers won't work, and Dae'ka will finish her, and us all."

So, you're telling me that the fate of the universe depends on me not letting myself fall in love with Orion? Mew chuckled a little. Opti, you're already in love with her. But ignore it. You and her aren't meant to be together. Your feelings will pass in no time. Just don't listen to Dae'ka." Mew stopped giggling and looked extremely serious. Please, Optimus!! If he gets to you, all will be lost!!!" All right!! But one other thing: why does Lu need love?" Mew smiled.

"Isn't it obvious, Optimus? Love is the most powerful force, beyond comprehension. It conquers all else. It is the best gift that anyone could ever have. Giving and having love makes a being feel more that he is, something much more powerful and great: himself. You, of all people, should know that by now.

With that, Mew suddenly sped off into the sky. Optimus looked after her. Even though he knew what he couldn't do, at all costs, he'd already done it. What harm will come of it, Optimus?" came the voice again. The femme and the boy won't stay long together. You know it, don't you? Get lost, creep!!" he thundered. You won't win, and you won't get me so easily, so don't even try!!"

There was no answer, but Optimus found himself surrounded by darkness. Then fire. And he was falling once more. But not into darkness. Into more fire. And he saw, to his horror, a cloaked specter, wreathed in fire. And when the hood was lifted up, the monster within was so horrible that Optimus screamed.

And then the vision was gone, to be replaced by some sort of cobra that hissed at him, and smiled maliciously. "Thou cannot escape me so easily, Optimus Prime. I am Dae'ka, called The Great Serpent Lord, soon to be Overlord of the Universe. Try as thou might, I WILL ensnare thee, and I WILL have the child, and the woman too, for my Queen. Thy God cannot save thee from mine thoughts. I will haunt thee, and plague thee, until thou wilt submit to me."

And it laughed, and Optimus screamed again, but with rage. You can't have them!! You won't get them!!! Lu won't be captured, and Orion won't be your Queen!!!" The serpent stopped laughing and smiled again. "Already, thou hast amorous feelings for the mother. It shall not be long, until thou art my slave, Optimus Prime. Not long, until I am Master of the entire Universe!!"

And the image faded. And Optimus felt a sudden fatigue overwhelm him, and he fell into a deep slumber.

******************
"Awake, cretin!!!" thundered the voice in his head, and Galvatron slowly opened his optics. He was still in the dungeons that the Master had cast him into. How long has it been since......, and he shuddered. He could still feel the pressure in his skull, probing and probing, and messing up his mind. Ever, with the Master laughing at his pain.

"Galvatron!!!" the voice came again. Get out, o pitiful creature of ineptitude. Thou hast a guest that I command thee to meet." And the doors miraculously opened, and before he knew it, the Master was inside, with some strange mech beside him. As always, the Master was hooded, keeping his monstrous face hidden. The mech beside him looked exactly like Megatron, but he was of a midnight black shade, and attached to his left arm was a sort of sword. His optics were emerald green, and glowed eerily. But what really stood out was the symbol on his chestplate. It was of a serpent that seemed to be made of blood-red fire.

Get up, vile creature!" rasped the Master. The mech before thee is called Sha'cul. He has been mine personal soldier of darkness for nine millennia. He hast been summoned before thee to be thine advisor. He shall speak for me. Galvatron blinked in disbelief. But Master......what of you? I have some business to attend to, one that is of no concern of yours, for the moment. Sha'cul shall stand in my place, but be warned, insect!!!" And the Master glowed, and Galvatron felt the same agony in his head, and he cowered in pain.

"If thou shouldst choose to be insolent to my captain, my wrath will strike thee, and thy rebelliousness will be dealt with severely." The pain stopped, and Galvatron got up and bowed. I will not fail you, Master." The hooded figure grunted, and swiftly vanished. "It shall not be long now, Primus. The bearer of thine instrument will soon succumb to me.

And Dae'ka went back to his realm, not realizing that he was being watched by a servant of Primus. Slag! I'd better inform Eirone of this!


CHAPTER 11

Orion watched Lu frolic with Mew in the sunshine, and sighed with content. Beside her, Hot Rod was sitting, laughing at them both. She sighed and looked at him. She had expected him to be cold, even venomous towards her. But no! He was his old sweet self. He was exactly how she remembered him. There was now a hidden maturity in his optics that made him look more like a veteran than a boy.

Lu came running up to Orion, who picked her up and giggled with her. Hot Rod turned to look at them, and was struck by how alike they both looked. Lu's hair ribbons had been cast aside, and her long grayish-dark hair cascaded down her back. She was very pretty. Yep, definitely her mom. He still couldn't shake off the feeling that he had met her somewhere before. Maybe it was in another life. It's like I've known her before.

Roddy, let's have a race!!" piped Lu excitedly. No way, kid. I'm not about to shame myself in front of your mother." Orion laughed. Lu, faster than you? If that is so, then I'll probably leave you in my dust." "Say? What's that supposed to mean, lady?" teased Hot Rod. Let's have a race together, then!!" said Lu, dragging them both to the edge of the hill. Okay, here we go!! And with that, Lu transformed and was off. No fair, you cheat!!" yelled Orion, and she transformed and was off. Hot Rod, who was still staring at her, blinked when he realized that she was gone. What? Oh, hell no!! No way I'm going to lose to two femmes!!"

Hot Rod transformed and was soon gaining on Orion. "Faster than me, are you? he called, and soon overtook her. Oh no, Hot Rod! You're not going without a challenge!!" called Orion back, and the two of them had their own mini-race. Orion had never been happier since Lu was born. It was just like on Cybertron, when they had first met. They would have races together, all the time. They got into trouble frequently, but that was half the fun.

Far ahead of them, Lu was reaching the finish, which was the end of that piece of land that led, vertically, to a roaring river. Come on, you guys!! You're not that slow, Mommy!!" Oh, really, young lady? called Orion, and she and Hot Rod both increased their already impossible speed. They were soon getting ready to overtake Lu, when something happened.

The sky grew darker, and a light seemed to shine on Lu. And then there was a sudden shriek, a piercing wail that echoed around the mountains. And there was a flash of yellow light, and an explosion in front of them. "Slag!! LU!!" screamed Hot Rod, for the little girl had vanished. And there was a sudden splashing sound, and Orion looked down, just in time to see Lu's head disappear under the foaming water.

Lu!!!! Hot Rod, Lu's down there!!!" she screamed. Hot Rod wasted no time and dived in after Lu's disappearing figure. Orion couldn't bear to watch, and she turned her head away, stifling a sob. Primus, save them both!! Please!!, she prayed. Behind her, she heard the roar of rocket boosters, and Hot Rod landed beside her, holding Lu in his arms.

Oh no.....she isn't...... Hot Rod shook his head. She's breathing, barely. We have to go back to Metroplex, before it gets worse." And so the two of them ran back to the city, their feet moving at a speed they didn't think themselves capable of moving. Orion studied Lu's face. She looked like she was sleeping. So peaceful, and yet so alarming. Hot Rod looked as concerned as she was.

So intent were they on getting the little girl back, that they didn't hear the soft sobbing of a creature, in the same spot that Lu had fallen.

***********************
Optimus!! Optimus!! Can you hear me? Wake up!!!!"

The voice seemed so far away, and yet he knew it was close. Optimus groaned, and found himself back in Eirone's garden. He knew instantly, for the sky was still a clash of colours. He looked to his left and found Eirone and Mew over him, concern written on one's face; mixed fury and anxiety on the other.

"Wh....What the slag happened to me?" he murmured, trying to get up. He swooned, and lay back down again. You....you imbecile!!!!" roared Eirone. You stupid ape!! I TOLD you she shouldn't have come!!! She should have stayed. She shouldn't have come so soon!! Not now!! Oooohh!!!!" And she hit him across his face. Though he was wearing his battle mask, it still smarted.

Eirone seemed to be in her own furious world. She started saying some obscenities that not even Hot Rod would have heard of. When she ran out of Cybertronian and Earth swear words, she started speaking in several different languages. Finally, breathing heavily, she calmed down. You know you're stupid, don't you?

Optimus stared at her, the anger he'd been hiding threatening to blow over. "What's done is done, Eirone. I have met the femme, and I have feelings for her. So sue me. Eirone looked as though she would willingly tear out his optics. Optimus, you still don't get it, do you? You realize that, by inviting love in, you are a prime target for Dae'ka. That was why I didn't want her to meet you.

Well...it can't really be helped now, can it? said Mew, sitting from the safety of an elm tree. Oppy, you like Orion. You're gonna like her for a while, and then it'll be over." Eirone snorted, but Mew ignored her and floated down to sit beside Optimus. Oppy, she likes Hot Rod, and Roddy likes her back. Remember this. If you get between them, he will win. Keep what he said to you in mind."

Wait. How do you know that he talked to me?" Eirone snorted again. Isn't it obvious? That's why you're here, Optimus. Dae'ka has incredible power. You would have died, if I hadn't brought you here." Optimus remained silent, remembering what the Serpent Lord had said to him. He shuddered when he remembered his face. Primus, it was beyond horrible.

And at that moment, the clouds parted, and the most unusual thing entered Eirone's garden. It seemed to be some form of sprite. At any rate, it was a white fuzzball with little stumps for feet, and it had wings on its sides. Its ears were shaped like lightning bolts also.

"Kotomon!!" yelled Mew, and flew to embrace the creature. Hey, Mew. How goes it? he said. Hey, Prime!! Hope Dae'ka didn't hurt you too badly." Optimus nodded automatically. I feel much better, thank you. Kotomon faced Eirone, and suddenly he was all business. "Ma'am! I've just spotted Dae'ka. He's going back to his dimension." Why would he do that? said Mew. Well...he's put Sha'cul in command of the army, ma'am."

Eirone's previous tantrum was nothing compared to the one she performed. She visibly shook, bellowed and burst into a white aura of light. Still screaming obscenities, she smashed up several trees before calming down. Mew, Optimus and Kotomon watched from the safety of a boulder.

Who is this Sha'cul?" said Optimus. "He's Dae'ka's right hand man. He's insane, sadistic, and extremely dangerous, maybe even more so than Dae'ka. If he's the one leading the Decepticons, you can bet things are going to happen pretty darn fast," replied Kotomon.

It was at that moment that something happened to Eirone. Her skin darkened to black grey, and gulping, she collapsed on the ground. "Pixie!!!" screamed Mew, as they rushed towards her. Optimus carried her to her marble chair, and gave her a draught to drink. After some time, her skin returned to normal. Groaning, Eirone regained consciousness. Slag!!! Dammit!!!" she screeched. Optimus, I'm sending you back! Something has happened to Lunera!!

And Optimus suddenly found himself staring into the worried face of Ratchet. He was lying on a bed in med bay. Optimus, are you okay? said the doctor. Prime nodded. What happened?" "Beats me. One second, you were fine, and then you suddenly passed out. You've been in here for a couple of hours now.

The door burst open, and Hot Rod rushed in, holding Lu in his arms. "Ratchet!! Something's wrong with Lu, and.....Opti!! What are you doing here? Is this some epidemic or something?" After calming the young mech down, Ratchet placed Lu on the bed, and did some check ups. She seems fine. I'll just keep her in here for a while, in case something else goes wrong."

Behind Hot Rod was Orion, her faceplate a mixture of anxiety and relief. Optimus took one look at her, and he felt a need to take her in his arms and comfort her. However, Hot Rod did exactly what he wanted to do. Jealousy again threatened to overwhelm him, as he watched the two of them. "She'll be fine, Orion. What exactly happened?

And out came the entire story. As Optimus listened to the unbelievable tale, the voice came into his head, and he shuddered to hear it. This is just a fraction of what I can do, Optimus Prime! I swear to thee, that when the time comes, thou shalt see the full extent of my power!!" And then it was gone, but he felt so cold, so very cold.

Maybe it was a bolt of lightning, or something," suggested Ratchet. Preceptor, who was in the room, shook his head. This sudden phenomenon can't be explained by weather. Readings indicated that it was to be a warm day, with a one in billion chance of rain. Besides, it happened too quickly to be just a fluke."

Do you think the Decepticons are back?" said Hot Rod. If they are, we'll find out soon enough. In the meantime, the two of you should rest. You look worn out," said Ratchet. As Optimus watched, they left, and his spark ached with a bittersweet mixture of love and jealousy. Eirone, what happened?

It was either Dae'ka or Sha'cul. At any rate, it was intended to kill her. Something must have gone wrong, because they didn't even scratch her. Are you sure?" said Optimus. "Yep," came Mew's voice from behind him. She'll be her wonderful self tomorrow.....Optimus, remember what we said about Orion?

Optimus nodded, feeling like a child denied a cookie. No temper tantrums, Optimus," came Eirone, crisp and cold. "Keep your emotions in check. Don't ruin the only chance Roddy will have of actually experiencing love."

He sighed, and left med bay. In between checking up on Lu, checking up on his emotions for Orion, preventing Dae'ka from taking over his mind, and trying to sort out this new war on their hands, he concluded that the first thing he'd do after all this was over, was to take a nice long vacation. Cos Primus, I need it.

********************
Back in the village, the monsters were growing restless and lonely without Orion and Lu. They all camped out in front of their home, sleeping or sulking. Togepi was snoring softly on Pikachu. The Pichu twins were doing nothing. Gatomon and Terriermon were trying to play a rather boring game of crosses and circles. Everyone else was staring into the sky.

Say, Meowth?" said Agumon. Do you know when they're getting back? The yellow feline grunted. "Lemme alone, will ya, Agumon? I'm tryin' ta sleep here. Agumon sighed and continued staring at the sky. Pi, pi, pichu, pi?" said Michu to Kichu. Kichu shook his head, and the two of them sighed, utterly bored.

And suddenly, Charizard gave a shout and pointed to the sky. All of them turned upwards, and exclaimed with surprise, for there was Mew and Kotomon, returning from the upper world!! The two of them flew to the awaiting crowd, and were immediately awash in hugs, a slobbering lick from Onix, and questions upon questions.

Finally, it was Patomon who got the first word in. Guys, what happened? Where have you been these past two days? Where's Orion and Lu? How did you escape all those dinosaurs and robots?" Out came the entire story: of Lu's recovery, of the Autobots, and of the danger that was threatening the entire cosmos.

Pi, pika-pi, pi, pi, pikachu, pika-pi, pika?" said Pikachu, whose arms were being held by the twins in terror. Yes, Pikachu. What Mew and Kotomon say is true." And out came Mewtio. The other monsters immediately stopped talking, and listened to what he had to say. "Listen to me, my fellow creatures. Orion and Lunera are part of a race of beings that have sworn to protect the universe at all costs. Now, all the evil is gathering, and they need our help.

Mew and I are aiding them all we can, but it is not enough. It is up to us to ensure the safety of the cosmos. We will have to fight to protect not only our home, but Cybertron, and Earth and all the other planets. Those who wish to fight may raise their paws. Those who wish to stay in the village and not participate may do so."

And one by one, all the paws, fins and little limbs of the creatures went up. Even Togepi was jumping up and down, trying to get Mewtio to notice his enthusiasm. "Excellent. I will have Evenrose come up with a virtual training center for all to use, varying on size, weight, and technique. A strict timetable will be drawn up. Those who do not adhere to this will be dealt with by myself." And Mewtio cast a glare at the Pichu twins, who cowered behind Pikachu.

And, to settle all of your minds, Mew and I will go above to escort Orion and Lunera back. All of you go and rest now. We have a busy day tomorrow." Leaving the monsters talking excitedly, Mewtio returned to the house and went back to the basement, where Evenrose was waiting for him. Don't even bother asking, I heard the whole thing. How would you like your training center: intimidating, cruel punishment, or Hell on earth?" "Hell on Earth. We have a war that we have to win, my friend. And I intend for those creatures to be ready for it.

I know that look on Mewtio's face, Gatomon," moaned Patomon, as they were getting ready for bed. We're going to be brutally worked out, I can feel it. Relax, pal!!" chirped Gatomon. "Look at it this way: if we get through training, we'll be more powerful than ever. And if we win this war, we're gonna be heroes. Big time. We're gonna save the universe, Patomon, like that Opti-whatisname fella that Orion keeps talking about. It'll be an adventure."

Sure, if we live to tell about it, grumbled Patomon as he spoke the minds of almost every creature in the village.

CHAPTER 12

We will soon be there," came the voice of one of the Quintesson scientists on a ship bound for Dae'ka's realm. They could tell that they were getting there, because they seemed to be in some sort of portal that seemed to be made of fire.

I wish that we didn't have to do this, replied a short Quintesson bot with a hunchback. This Dae'ka fellow gives me the creeps. Even if the pay is good, I don't wish to come up against those Autobots. Not after what happened last time.

"Shhh!!!!" snarled the thin one. The Decepticons say that he sees all, and knows all. If he hears us now, he'll probably strike us dead!!" You overestimate him, my friend. He needs us too much. Besides, now that we have discovered the energy source for our army, he won't see any reason to get rid of us that easily."

The portal had gone, to be replaced by a great, empty white hall that had only one chair, surrounded by a ring of fire. On top of that chair was Dae'ka, in his hooded form. Cowering before him was a small sprite, blubbering in some indescribable language.

Get thee hence, vermin!!" snarled the Serpent Lord, and a portal opened before the grovelling creature. I have shown thee mercy, but only this once. Fail me again, and thou shalt suffer severely. Now be gone!!!" The creature bowed, still blubbering, and disappeared. "Well?" he snarled towards the two scientists, as they got off their mini shuttle. "Any news from Cybertron?"

Well.....our army lacks power," started he of the hunchback, but he got no words out, before he was writhing on the floor, screaming. What he means is, Great Lord, we need a source of power for your Dark Army. Energon doesn't seem to work for them. "Of course not, fool!!" Dae'ka roared. My Serpent Soldiers are beyond anything thy puny robot minds can comprehend!!" For these soldiers, though they looked like Transformers, were not. Created by Dae'ka, they were nearly invincible.

Well, we have found that the army feeds off the powers of other creatures. But, we do not mean like Earth mammals. These soldiers need something we have dubbed NEOSTAR. It's a radioactive element that is exceedingly rare, but we believe that we have found it, in vast and nearly unlimited quantities." Dae'ka released the hunchback from his pain, and the Quintesson moaned, and slumped unconscious before his associate.

Well? Where would that be?" the Serpent Lord snarled. Shaking before his partner's still body, he managed to continue. We have come across a sort of...underground community of animals that dwell underneath the Earth's surface. They seem to have been affected by this element. Their bodies are overflowing with the substance. Their village is underneath the Autobot city."

Dae'ka waved his hand. At once, a screen surrounded by purple smoke appeared, and the village came into view. It showed the monsters, dozing peacefully, ready for the training they would begin. The screen cleared, and showed Mewtio, in deep thought, sitting on the floor of the subterranean computer base. Mew was beside him, sleeping. Dae'ka could feel the power of Primus radiate from within these monsters, what the fool doctor called neostar. He snarled in a mixture of rage and ecstasy.

There is....one problem, your Lordship. There seems to be no way into the underground world. None whatsoever. How...how is that possible?" "Fool!! This enchantment is from Primus himself!! Of course thou wouldst not find a way in!! But there is one way. Thou and thy snivelling friend shalt find that way. Hurry!! The time draws ever nearer, and my army must be ready!! Go, and do not return until thou hast fulfilled thy mission!!"

Heaving his fallen friend to his shoulders, he returned to the ship and sped off in a hurry. Dae'ka raised his hands once more, and the white room was gone, to be replaced a purple haze that seemed to stretch forever. Summoning up yet another screen, Optimus came into view. He was watching Hot Rod and Orion, who were talking, obvious of everyone around them. Dae'ka probed into his spark, and found that already the bane of jealousy there was already dying.

But no matter. His affections for the femme are growing. And so, as it is Love that may save them, it shall be Love that shall be their undoing." In the screen, Optimus sighed as he watched Hot Rod lead her away. Already, she seemed to become more radiant than she already was. And Hot Rod? Hot Rod just couldn't get rid of that smile on his face. He knew that smile very well, for hadn't he worn it himself, when he first met Alita?

Oh no, Optimus, came Dae'ka's voice in his head. The femme isn't right for him. These are but the seeds of that type of love that never amounts to anything. You don't want her hurt, do you? Then take her!! She is yours, rightfully yours!! Do anything you must, even killing, but take her!!!

Dae'ka looked at Optimus' troubled face. The good and the evil in his spark were wrestling in there. But in the end, his jealousy came out, and Optimus stood there, brooding darkly, murder on his mind. And just then, that same noiseless explosion resounded in his CPU, and the evil was gone, for the moment.

In his Realm, Dae'ka shrieked as his concentration was broken. And a voice echoed around him. Thou shalt not win, old serpent. Leave the Matrix-bearer alone!! His is a will more powerful than thou can imagine. Thou shalt not prevail. The Child will triumph over thee, and thou shalt be cast into the Abyss, where thou shalt remain for all eternity. Know that I am watching thee, Dae'ka. Thou cannot escape from my glare."

And the voice was gone, and Dae'ka was sore wroth, and all within the universe could hear his rage, and they shuddered. Optimus heard it, and he cringed. Things were definitely going to get uglier.

The next morning, Orion woke up. Careful not to wake Arcee, she left her quarters and went to the med bay, where Lu was still lying. Intending to stay there for a while, she was surprised to find Hot Rod already there, kneeling beside her.

"Hi," he said, sleepily. "I'd just thought that I'd pop in and see how she's doing." He got up, while Orion shut the door and walked slowly to the bed. Primus, she looked so tiny. "Thank you, Roddy," she said. "You've been so nice to me all this time. This is so bewildering. I mean, this is the first time I have met any Autobots since Unicron attacked. And it's not what I expected. Not at all.

"Me neither," he thought to himself. Who would have thought of him, Hot Rod, Mr. Smooth Operator with the heaviest black datapad in Cybertron, falling in love so hard, so fast? And with a femme he'd only know for a day? What? You expected all of us to be nasty, wired up, old war soldiers?" Orion giggled, and he held her in his arms. Roddy, wh........?" And she couldn't speak anymore, especially when Hot Rod suddenly captured her mouth into his, giving her the most explosive yet most gentle kiss she had ever had.

He stopped the kiss and looked at her. Her optics were wide, and she looked slightly dazed, but she didn't look displeased. Even so, he felt uncomfortable. Slag. Orion, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that, seriously. I'm really sorry." Orion smiled and began the kiss again, only ending it when the need for air overrode everything else.

"Woah," said Hot Rod. Two kisses, each as utterly incredible as the last. Orion laughed. Is that all you can say, Roddy? 'Woah'?" "Nope. I could say more, but the words I'd say won't do any justice about the way you make me feel." Orion blinked, surprise and joy in her optics. He...he loves me. Oh Primus, he loves me!! The ache in her spark vanished at once. She could find no words to describe how she was feeling. She just laid her head on his chestplate, sighing with contentment.

Hot Rod took this as a good sign and ran his fingers through her hair, inhaling her mingled smell of scented wax. Jasmine, an Earth flower that was in full bloom in the mountains. This felt so right, so utterly perfect!! Primus, if he could feel this way forever, he wouldn't mind if he was on Charr or some other wasteland. He couldn't explain it, but he knew something for sure: he needed her.

A sudden giggle roused them both from their utopia. Turning to the bed, they saw Lu, sitting up and staring at them with wide optics, with a smile on her face. Don't mind me, you guys," she said. "Pretend I'm not here. Hot Rod made a grab for her and lifted the tiny girl up in the air. Primus, when the heck were you going to wake up, eh? You gave us a scare, little lady."

Orion took Lu from Hot Rod, and hugged her. Thank Primus that she was alive!! Mommy? When are we going home?" asked Lu. I don't know, honey," she replied, casting a worried look at Hot Rod. On the one hand, she really needed to get back to the village. But why now? Why, when she had found happiness? Should I tell him about Lu? she wondered. Hot Rod would have to know that Lu was his child, but when would he know?

The door opened, and Ratchet entered. Well!! It looks like you're up again, kid. You heal fast." "Can I go now, Ratchet? Please, I'm hungry." The doctor laughed, something he did rarely. All right, I see no harm in that. The others are probably at breakfast already. You should go.

And so the three of them left the med bay. While Lu ran on ahead to meet Grimlock, Orion and Hot Rod were talking. Do you mean the village, Orion? he said. Orion nodded. Lu misses it, and so do I. She's been growing up there, Roddy. She wants to go home, and she can't go without me.

But why can't you stay here? Both of you belong here, with Opti and the others. With me. Roddy, it's not that simple. Please understand, Lu loves our home. She won't stay here long." His hand found hers, and together they walked in silence. At breakfast, Lu chattered away excitedly to everyone. The Autobots were glad that the tiny child was up and about once more.

Optimus didn't look too well, though. His night had been filled with evil dreams that will not be described here. He was tired, grouchy and snapped at everyone. Even Lu stayed away from him. Grumbling to himself, he was going to go to med bay, when he heard an unknown voice in his head.

Optimus Prime, it is a pleasure to meet you.

Optimus looked up, and gaped in surprise. Approaching him was Mew and two other creatures he had not seen before. One was yellow and brown, with a lightning-shaped tail and surrounded by a blue aura. The other was a purple creature that looked a lot like Mew. No doubt, it was be the brother that Mew talked about so much.

The others had shown up by this time, and they too were watching the approaching creatures. Oh great," grumbled Kup. "More of those darn, strange things. Next thing you know, we'll be opening up a slagging zoo." "Nonsense, Kup!!" exclaimed Preceptor. Mew has decided to introduce us to more of these unique specimens. I must know where they are all coming from!!"

"Say...I recognize that little one. He was here the night the Decepticons attacked," said Ultra Magnus. "Wellthenthatmeansthatwe'llgetknowabout thesecreaturesthen!!" said Blurr. "Ifyouaskmetheseguysgivemethecreeps!! IhopethattheyreheretohelpusagainsttheDecepticons!"

When they all landed, Pikachu hid behind Mewtio, still afraid of the giants. But when he saw Lu among them, he gave an excited "Pika-pikachu!!!" and bounded towards her awaiting arms. Pikachu!! Oh, Pikachu I missed you a lot!!" squealed Lu, hugging her small friend. Pikachu detangled himself from her arms and went over to Orion, squeezing her as well. Pikachu, how've you been? she said. Pikachu took one look at Hot Rod, and started sniffing him. Then he squealed and jumped into his arms.

"Yipes!! Help!!!" said the young mech, before realizing that Pikachu meant no harm. Say, he's a cute little fella. Pikachu, right? And he of the same name nodded. I see that Pikachu has taken a liking towards you all. However, that is just a part of our visit." All optics turned towards Mewtio. He had the air of a leader, that was for sure, and he meant business. Even Grimlock could tell that he wasn't one to be messed with.

All of you have met my sister, I take it,
he said. I am called Mewtio. I run the underground village of the creatures that you saw the night your race was attacked. As you've probably found out, Orion and Lunera have been living with us for about five years now. However, that is not what I have come to discuss."

He certainly doesn't beat around the bush," whispered Ultra Magnus to Optimus, whose mood hadn't improved yet. Couldn't Hot Rod go one minute without holding her hand, damnit?

You have seen firsthand what we can do in battle. I am offering you our aid in this new conflict of yours." And what new conflict is this, fella?" said Springer, his arms folded. "Believe me, mech; I know more about this than you do at the moment. I know that the Decepticons and the Quintessons have joined forces under someone so unbelievably powerful, that he could wipe out your world without even trying. I know that if we do not act now, the entire cosmos will be conquered by Evil."

He let that fact sink in before continuing. So, will you accept our help?" No one spoke for a minute. The first to break the silence was Arcee. Guys, we've seen what they can do. They did drive the Decepticons off Metroplex. Why don't we do this? If what he's saying is true, then we need all the help we can get, and fast. I don't know, but as long as the offer's open, I'm all for it, said Kup. Me Grimlock say go for it!!" and this was supported by the growls of the other Dinobots. "Absolutelupositivelydefinitelyahellyes!!!" said Blurr, not that anyone could understand him.

Prime, what do you think?" said Magnus. Optimus stared at Mewtio, not saying a word. Please, Oppy," came Mew's voice. "Like it or not, we're all in this together." Optimus Prime, I know what you are going through now. Join us, and I can guarantee that Dae'ka will not enslave your will," came Mewtio's voice.

I see no harm in this, he confirmed, and the place erupted in cheers. Mewtio smiled, a cool smug one that spoke volumes. Excellent. Now, we have to get the message across to the others." You mean, the other...things?" said Ratchet. Preceptor couldn't hide his glee. Yes, the others. I came her not only to bring Orion and Lunera home. I came here to invite you all to the village. If this union is to work, then the others must approve. They are training right now, but only because I commanded it. Seeing you may boost their morale. Optimus Prime, is this all right with you?

Oh, please say yes, Oppy!!!" said Lu, running to Optimus and grabbing his hand. I can show you everything, and introduce you to everyone, and you can have fun, and everyone will be so nice, and you can see my house, and my bedroom, and we'll meet Pichu and Kichu and Gatomon and Deemiveemon and Patomon and Togepi and Onix and Meowth and Terriermon, and.....

"Allrightallrightwe'llgo!!!!!" yelled Blurr, covering his audio receptors. Everyone turned to Blurr, then to Lu, who was still talking to Optimus, rambling off about sixty different names. Woah. I'd never thought I'd see the day..... murmured Kup. "Sayyessayyessjustgethertostoptalking!!" moaned Blurr. Mewtio, we accept. Take us to your village.

CHAPTER 13

"Excellent!!" he said. All of you follow us, now. Pikachu, who had earned a place in everyone's spark, rushed to Mewtio and stood beside him. They all glowed blue, and floated up from the ground, high into the sky. Lu excitedly transformed and followed them. Hurry!! This way, this way!!" she screamed. Ratchet, Ultra Magnus and Ironhide chose to stay behind.

All of them transformed and were following the three flying figures. After some time, they stopped just in front of the lake. Mewtio and the others were already there. Now, listen to me. All of you are the only beings, aside from Orion and Lunera, to have set foot on our island. Swear that you will never reveal its location, or how to enter!"

There was a chorus of agreement. Using their powers, all the Autobots were lifted and were carried to the island. Upon landing there, a screen suddenly lit up, and Evenrose appeared. All were taken aback by how incredible she looked. All right, peeps!!" she chirped. Woah, are you sure you wanna invite all of them, Mewtio? she said, gazing up at the Dinobots. I mean, I just had Lilymon tidy up the gardens, and the thought of these guys running around in them just sets my circuits aflame!!"

"Evenrose, just open the door, damnit!!!" Mewtio thundered, surprising all around him, even Mew. "Yeesh, don't throw a hissy fit," said Evenrose, who promptly disappeared and was replaced by a portal. "Who's first?" said Mewtio. Me!! Me!! chirped Lu. Jumping down from Grimlock's head, she ran into the portal and disappeared, squealing with delight.

It doesn't hurt, does it? said Hot Rod. "Course not, you chromo-chicken!!" laughed Orion. Grabbing him, she pushed him down the hole. Ignoring his screaming, she followed in after him. How Dinobots get into tiny hole?" asked Swoop. As though it heard him, the door expanded in size until it could fit all of them. "Grimlock no see anyth......argh!!!!!!!" And Grimlock was gone. After that, the Dinobots wouldn't budge until Mewtio lost patience and used his powers to push them down.

Optimus was the last to go. He was feeling a little bit better, but not much. Flashes of the dreams he had came back to haunt him. And he felt a hand on his shoulders, and the visions were gone. That is all I can do for you, Optimus, said Mewtio. But when we get to the village, I will have Evenrose put you through a special program to rid yourself of anything Dae'ka might have put into you.

Why are you being so nice to him, old Elf?"
said Mew, tugging her brother's ear playfully. It's called diplomacy, little hobbit. You'll learn soon enough." Optimus watched the rare moment of sibling companionship and smiled.

Well, Optimus? We don't have all day, you know. Nodding, Optimus entered the portal. He didn't see anything unusual, until he noticed the slide below his feet. Missing his step, he plunged into the hole, yelling as he did.

******************
Squirtle collapsed, exhausted after the morning drills. Mewtio sure wasn't kidding when he said their training was going to be intense!! In the space of three hours, they had run sixteen miles non-stop, done over two hundred push-ups in under ten minutes, and to top it off, the virtual work-out (which included virtual villains that packed a not-so virtual punch) had all but completely wiped them out.

Coming up after him was Patomon, beating his wings wearily, before he too plopped to the ground. No...no more. I can't take thi..this...torture. Too...too much," he moaned. "Squirtle...squ..squ...squirt..squirtle," agreed the blue turtle, before konking out on the ground.

It wasn't long before the Pichu twins came along, followed by Agumon. I don't know about you guys, but I'm not standing for this anymore. I mean, I wanna help Lu and all, but if this goes on, everyone's gonna either revolt, or die." Kichu nodded his head wearily, before collapsing on top of a snoring Michu. The twins had surprised everyone by actually showing up on time. Because they were so small, their drills weren't as tough, but it was still brutal for them. Not even Togepi was spared. He'd lasted about two hours before running off, crying, back to the cave that he and Pikachu shared.

After a while, all were snoring peacefully, not caring if Mewtio himself came to rouse them. They'd worked too hard, gosh darn it! They deserved some peace.

Meanwhile, Optimus suddenly found himself floating in a sort of rainbow-painted limbo. A sense of calm flowed through him as he felt himself being gently pushed towards the goal: a glowing portal that loomed before him in no time. We're here already?" he said to no-one in particular. And suddenly, as he passed the portal, he found himself about ten feet from the ground, where everyone else was waiting for him.

He fell, landing right on top of Preceptor. "Ooof!! Optimus, would you please be so kind as to get off me, please?" Optimus got himself up, and Preceptor crawled to safety before getting up. "Amazing!! You wouldn't even know that this place was a subterranean world!! How did they construct such a place! It's a marvel of scientific genius!!"

Not really, came a voice, and Mewtio, Mew and Pikachu landed gracefully in front of them. It's not genius in itself. This place was already here when we found it. I can't explain why, but it was suitable, and the above-world didn't take too kindly to us back then."

He's lying, you know. He really did create our world. He installed the computers, and created the skies and stuff. It's a home away from home." Optimus suppressed a grin as Mewtio gave his little sister a withering glance. But we're wasting the day. If the time is correct, the others should be done with their morning training. Come, let us meet them.

I'm slightly nervous," whispered Hot Rod to Lu, who was perched on his right shoulder. It's okay!! Everyone'll like you, don't worry!!" she said back to him. "Trust me, Roddy!" It wasn't long before they came into view of the sleeping creatures. Squirtle and Patomon were dozing beside each other. The Pichu twins were sprawled over each other, and Agumon was curled into a ball.

It's not like them to be asleep at this time of the day, said Orion. Creeping up to them, she poked them gently. "Agumon? Squirtle? Are you all right? Yawning, the Pichu twins woke up. Kichu saw Orion and shrieked with delight. The others woke up, and with exclamations of joy, they dogpiled on top of the femme, talking all at once.

Ma'am, where've you been?" squealed Patomon. And upon seeing Lu running towards them, they started running towards her. However, Grimlock had chosen that moment to introduce himself. Pounding behind Lu, he looked down at the now terrified creatures and roared, Me Grimlock!! What you?

No one said anything. And suddenly, all five of them shrieked, going almost two octaves higher than their normal voices. The Autobots covered their audio receptors, cringing at the otherworldly sound the creatures were making as they ran away. Oh dear," said Mew. What's going on? said Optimus. Well, Mewtio taught us all to make that noise if invaders came in, and our primary defense didn't show up. It's to alert the others.

When the shrieking had died down, a voice boomed across the landscape. It was a recording of Evenrose. Awake!! Invaders! Fiends! Foes! Villains! Danger!!" it went over and over again. And when it stopped, there came a thundering noise of footsteps, and all the creatures came running, led by a monster that rarely showed his face, except in emergencies. His name was Entei, and he was the only other creature other than Mew to rival Mewtio's powers. (A/N: I haven't seen the 3rd Pokemon movie, so I don't know Entei's powers, so forgive me if I get some of this wrong.)

"Invaders, fight or flee this place!!!" he roared. Me Grimlock no coward!!" yelled the Dinobot, and he opened his mouth and spat fire at the creature. Entei glowed emerald green, and the fire spread, harming nothing. Then, he snarled and lunged towards Grimlock, catapulting then both into a grove of trees. The others only managed to get out of the way.

Stop!!! STOP IT!!! roared Mewtio, but neither of the fighting titans heard. Pikachu and Lu ran towards them, yelling as they did. But they didn't hear, and continued clawing at each other. "PIKA-PIKA-PI!!!!!!!!" screamed Pikachu, before dodging an energy blast from Entei's eyes. Lu saw this, and losing her temper, she screamed. It would have been a normal shriek, if the jewelled Phoenix hadn't replaced her Autobot symbol, and if she didn't start to glow white.

"CEASE THY DISPUTE IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!" she roared, shocking everyone, including Entei and Grimlock, into silence. The symbol disappeared, and so did the aura, before anyone could see anything out of the ordinary. Optimus caught a faint glimpse of it, and was surprised. He looked at Mewtio and his sister. Mew was giggling, while her brother smiled. From somewhere within his mind, he heard two sounds: one of laughter and exultation, and the other a piercing shriek of fury.

"Entei!! ENTEI, YOU MORON!!!" she screamed again, but in her normal voice. The creature, still latched onto Grimlock's tail, suddenly snapped out of his daze and looked down at Lu and Pikachu. Lunera!! What a pleasant surprise!! Where have you been, child?" he said, and he laughed. And something happened to him.

He glowed red, and he started to shrink, transforming as he did. No one seemed surprised at this, except for the Autobots and the Pichu twins, who hadn't seen Entei in his other form. When he was done, he had turned from a lion-thing giant into a Mew-sized, white tiger cub, with dark eyes and black dragon wings on his sides. Lu picked the kitten-sized powerhouse and hugged him.

Grimlock, still sore from when Entei had bitten him, made a grab for the small kitten, but Entei saw this. Growling, he opened his jaws, and green fire came spewing forth, and burnt Grimlock's nose badly. "OW!!!!! Me Grimlock no like you," he grumbled before following Lu to join the others.

Listen to me!" yelled Mewtio, getting the other monsters' attention. "These beings we have bought with us are Autobots, members of the race Orion and Lunera are part of. They have come here in person to become better acquainted with the rest of you.

Nothing happened. The Autobots were uncomfortable as they were, and the other monsters, as a whole, were exceptionally shy of other beings. And finally, there was a movement in the crowd, and Togepi came waddling along, trying his best to go his fastest. He glowed a familiar blue color, and with Mewtio's help he finally managed to reach his destination.

"Togepi, how unusually brave of you, said Orion, picking him up. Chirping with happiness, he let Orion hand him over to Springer. "Go on, he won't bite," she said. He didn't look better, but Springer managed to hold the tiny egg creature. Togepi didn't mind his uneasiness and beamed at him, chirping.

"Awwww," said Hot Rod, and giggled when Springer shot him a withering look. Togepi noticed the mech for the first time, and he did something quite unexpected. He actually leaped from Springer's arms and latched unto Hot Rod, and smothered him with tiny little kisses. Hot Rod endured this for some time, as well as a few snickers from the other mechs.

As for Preceptor, he had transformed and was running an analysis on Gatomon. She stared blankly back at him, her feline eyes following the telescope's every direction. "Utterly fascinating," he kept on saying. Finally, Gatomon got fed up. Listen, bub, say something different for once, all right?

Preceptor, in his shock, accidentally transformed when the telescope was backwards. So, in his bot form, his head was the wrong way around. Screwing it back the right way, he stared at Gatomon, who hissed at him. Preceptor backed away slowly.

"Gatomon, don't be so rude," came a light voice. A little girl, with an upside down flower hat and pink hair, landed beside Gatomon and folded her leaf wings. "After all, they are our guests." So? I don't know about you, Lilymon, but they give me the willies."

Wait! Hold up! You mean, they talk?" said Kup. Course we talk, came a voice from above the old soldier, and Deemiveemon dropped in front of him. Pidgeotto hovered above him. Well, not all of us, but it's okay. My name's Deemiveemon, who're you?

The name's Kup," replied the bot, trying not to picture how he looked, talking to this little blue....thing. "Kup? That's a weird name. Well, maybe for me. I betcha my name's kinda weird for you too. But we're supposed to pretend that it isn't, so you won't feel weird here. How am I doing so far?"

Kup laughed, for Deemiveemon looked so frank and ready to please. You're doing all right, kid. Fine, for that matter. You have a really nice place here. And so it was that Kup had struck up a warm relationship with small Deemiveemon. Optimus saw this and smiled. All around him, the others had struck up similar bonds. Hot Rod had Togepi sitting on his head. Springer and Charmander were, by this time, firm friends. Arcee was chatting excitedly to both Gatomon and Lilymon. The Dinobots, Charizard, Greymon and Onix were safely far away, playing a slightly dangerous game of tag. Even Preceptor had formed a friendship with Hawkmon. Blurr's own companion was Terriermon.

Well, that's that taken care of," came Mew's voice in his head. Thank goodness," he replied. His good mood, however, almost evaporated when he saw Hot Rod holding Orion, and kiss her on her forehead. On cue, the bane inside him rose, and the voice laughed in his head. You see what happens, when you don't make a move, Prime? She has no feelings towards you whatsoever, and now she belongs to the boy. You know what you must do, Prime. Yes, you do.

And the frightening part was that he did know what he wanted to do to win her. I can't," was all he said. The voice laughed at him, a humorless and menacing laugh that made him shiver. He ignored it and continued to look at the couple. He had never seen Hot Rod look so.....content. Not happy, not even ecstatic. Just peaceful and satisfied, as though he'd just found the one piece in some puzzle he'd been trying to solve. And Orion had a similar look on her faceplate.

People told him that he had looked the same when he and Alita were together. He'd be damned if he was going to let Dae'ka get to him and make him ruin Roddy's happiness.

CHAPTER 14

Back on Cybertron, things were getting hectic. Since Optimus' and Hot Rod's departure, the Decepticons and Quintessons had been attacking the planet. Trade plummeted, and the space stations were jammed with thousands of Autobots trying to get flights to any planet in the galaxy. To put it in simpler terms, Cybertron was more or less sliding towards chaos.

And to top it all off, Optimus had radioed in earlier that day, with news of yet another impending war, not only with the Decepticons and Quintessons, but with a new and deadlier enemy. Things just couldn't get any worse, thought Neryx, an ageing, green aerial bot as he made his way towards the generals' headquarters. Charvon and Redox, though they were excellent as substitutes in peace time, had been utterly hopeless in dealing with the double threats of the Decepticons and the Quints.

Neryx intended to speak to them about a new battle plan he'd had in mind. They would probably dismiss him, but what the slag did they know? He'd been in the Army for well over a century, and he'd be damned if he'd be treated like crud by two rookies. Even if they were generals.

Finally, he arrived at his destination. The door was slightly ajar, and he could hear them yelling at some poor unfortunate. Curious, he poked his head in, and was rather surprised at what he saw. Charvon and Redox were both ganging up on some small, white ghost-thing, which was babbling words out.

I sorry!! I so sorry, but no more!! Magic of Primus-God too much for Heix!! Heix could not get to machine!!"

At this Charvon, a blue and red mech, snarled. You lie, wretch! You're just lazy. We have ways to deal with you. And he made a move towards the sprite, but it dodged out of the way, still blubbering. Wait, wait! Heix knows way in! "Heix follow Matrix-Bearer. Heix can tell you!!

While the sprite nervously gave details about the entrance of the village, Neryx was listening with a sense of wonder and concern. What the hell was that thing? "Matrix-Bearer" could only be Optimus. What did he have to do with this? And which place were they talking about?

We may have something here, Charvon," said Redox, who was short, purple and had a bit of a hunchback. He was by far the more ruthless and dangerous of the two. The Master will be pleased to hear this." "Us more than him," replied his partner. If we continue to do nothing about our attacks on Cybertron, the Autobrats will have our heads soon. With this info, we can act like we're organizing some counter attack."

Yes. We can tell our people and the Decepticons that we have found a way to awaken the Master's Army. We can make it so that the Autobot fleet 'defeats' them in battle. And when we get our supply of neostar, we can invade Cybertron and Earth." "Killing two birds with one stone," Charvon laughed. The damned Autobots will finally be defeated, and both the Matrix and the Child will be delivered. And the Quintessons will be back where we belong: rulers of the entire Autobot race!"

Neryx was rooted to the ground as he listened to all this. Thoughts were whirling in his CPU. Oh slag! Oh damnit!! Damn!! I have to warn the other troops right away!! But before he could leave, the door swung open suddenly. He hurriedly pulled out a weapon and was about to fire, when he stopped as though he were paralysed.

Standing before him was Megatron. Or some dark mech who looked like him, at any rate. Behind him the two generals were gaping in surprise. "Me...Megatron?" he stammered. The mech growled and threw him inside. You fools!" he roared at the two Quintesson scientists. "The old man has been listening to your every words! Can't you keep your damned mouths shut?"

Charvon started to stammer, but Sha'cul hit him square in the jaw, knocking him near senseless. "Silence, cretin!!" he yelled. "Why the Master would trust two half-breeds like you is beyond my reasoning." "Well, maybe it's because we're the only ones the Quintessons and the Decepticons will listen to. Did that ever enter your pea-sized CPU!" roared Redox. Both mechs were about to exchange blows when a sudden movement caught their optics. Quick as lightning, Neryx managed to hit them in their legs before he made a dash towards the door.

"Not so fast!" came a new voice, and Heix spat out two red rings that latched onto the sergeant's legs. He fell down, and was pinned by a furious Sha'cul, who was leaking from his right rotator. "Old fool," he snarled. "What did you think you were going to do? Run off and warn everyone else of our little scheme?"

Though he was terrified, Neryx stared straight into the mech's optics. "I don't know who you are, buddy. But you're not gonna get away with this. Optimus Prime will hear of this and the power of the Matrix will come down on you like a ton of steel!" For emphasis, he spat oil into his face. "As for you two mechs," he said, turning towards the scientists. "You're not worthy to be Autobots! Sons of Autobot whores! May Primus himself deal with you for your betrayal!!"

Redox bellowed with fury. Reaching for the table, he pulled out a cannon and fired it, seconds after Sha'cul managed to get out of the way. What had been Neryx was now a pile of ash. "Get rid of that, and do what you have been assigned to do!" he bellowed to the small sprite. Heix nodded and vanished, along with the remains of Neryx.

"Make sure you two are properly alone before you start talking of our plans! I'd better make sure Galvatron doesn't try anything as foolish." And with that, Sha'cul vanished, and reappeared in Galvatron's main headquarters, aboard his flagship. The united fleets of the Decepticons and Quintessons were easing their attack, awaiting the orders of the two generals on Cybertron.

"Sha'cul, I wasn't expecting you," said Galvatron in a cool voice. Since Sha'cul had been placed in charge, their relationship had deteriorated sharply. However, whenever Galvatron was in the least bit rude to him, the Master would come in his dreams and torture him immensely. The fact that he couldn't vent some of his venom onto the mech ate at him daily.

"How pleasant to see you too, worm," replied Sha'cul in the exact cold tone. "Our plans were almost foiled by those two incompetent half-breeds. Some ageing Autobot heard their every word. We took care of him, but I came here to make sure you don't repeat the same mistake." "I'm not as stupid as you think me, Commander," he replied. If there was one thing the two of them could agree on, was that neither of them trusted the two scientists.

"Good. Keep your intelligence, or what's left of it, that way. We have much to prepare for. Hold back your troops until we get those creatures. Then, the real invasion begins." Galvatron smiled cruelly. He'd been waiting to crush the Autobots for so long. Now the time would come when he would destroy Prime and his army.

"All right, Commander. Is that all?" he said. Sha'cul snarled and stalked out. Galvatron sat back in his chair and smiled again. He could stand sucking up to Sha'cul for another few days, if he could personally exterminate the entire Autobots on Earth.

*******************
Optimus was completely and utterly miserable. He knew that much, as he lay in the recharge berth that had been set up in the underground lab. All around him were the other Autobots, in similar recharge berths, in random places around the underground lab that Evenrose had managed to create.

They would have left, but all the creatures had begged them to stay the night. After the tour of the village, a spirited game of tag, which the Dinobots thankfully didn't join, and dinner (normal food for the creatures, and very delicious helpings of fruit-flavoured energon for the Autobots), they had definitely found a place in all their hearts.

He had definitely enjoyed himself. Lu, who had carried the mini Entei around her, had shown him everything. He had been happy. He had felt much younger than he had ever been before. Especially after Mewtio had put him through an exercise routine that had cleared his mind from Dae'ka's evil voice.

And all his goodwill and humour had gone down the drain when he saw Hot Rod and Orion together. Damn, he hated it when he kissed her, or held her. He knew he should be happy for Roddy. He knew that Orion loved him a lot. He knew, above all things, he couldn't love her back. He knew that if Dae'ka manipulated his emotions, he would end up ruining things for them all, big time.

But he still felt miserable anyway.

He just couldn't get her off his mind! She was so perfect, in every way! Everytime he saw her with Roddy, he tried to imagine himself in his young friend's place, and being with her. Primus, it hurt his spark whenever he saw them both. Jealousy, love and common sense were bonded into a single emotion that was bittersweet to him.

It was at that moment that he heard a voice in his head. A completely new one he had never heard before. "Matrix-Bearer! Does you hear Heix?" "Who the slag are you?" he replied, all sleep going out of his system. I friend. I help you get Orion-Love, Heix promises!" He knew he shouldn't have listened, but this new, innocently simple and eager voice, did all the damage that Dae'ka would have taken days to complete.

What can you do for me?" he replied. "First, Matrix-Bearer must look to where Hot Rod-Boy's bed lies." When he turned, he had to choke back an oath. The recharge berth was empty. Taking a nearly-correct guess to where he had gone, and what he was doing, his suppressed bitterness rose and turned into cold, jealous fury.

"Where is he? And what should I do?" Matrix-Bearer must go outside, far away from village, to hill with old tree. Matrix-Bearer will see Orion-Love and Hot Rod-Boy. But Matrix-Bearer must hurry, or he will never claim heart of Orion-Love!!"

Careful not to awaken anyone, he slipped out of the house. Taking the risk of waking up the others, he transformed and went far from the village. Hill with old tree? What the slag is this thing talking about? But it wasn't long before he did come across an old willow, sitting by itself atop a hill that overlooked the entire village. From his position, he could see Orion and Hot Rod. They weren't kissing. Yet.

All right, friend. What do I do next?" Matrix-Bearer must wait. Must listen to what they say." Nodding, Optimus transformed to his robot mode and hid in the darkness, thanking Primus that there was no moon that night. From his position, he could hear every word they were saying. So intent was he on watching them, he didn't hear the sound of cold laughter resound in his CPU, drowning out the sound of a mournful wail.

*****************
He stopped kissing her, only when he absolutely had to breathe again. Primus, it just got better and better every time! "How many times have I told you how much I love you? "Too many to count," Orion laughed in reply. She hadn't laughed this much in such a long time. She had never felt so wonderful for even longer.

Too bad. I'll say it anyway: I love you," he said. Orion sighed, and laid her head on his shoulder. Hot Rod couldn't believe how much his life had changed in the past few days. He'd always been so care-free, so completely fun-loving it was bad for his health. He had convinced himself he didn't depend on anyone, not even Optimus. Now, that utter focus in his life was gone. He didn't have one without her.

All the while, Optimus was watching, getting more jealous by the second. And then came the faint sound of laughter, coming a bit far from them. "Oh no," said Orion. "Lu! You know you're not supposed to be out here!! I'll have to go get her," she said, and was about to get up when Hot Rod stopped her.

"I'll go find her. I'm faster than you anyway," he added with a wink before driving off. Orion sighed and sat back down. And as for Optimus, he was still waiting in the shadows. "No worries, Matrix-Bearer. Me make Lu noise to drive Hot Rod-Boy away. Now Matrix-Bearer can go claim Orion-Love. But hurries, Heix spell no last very long!!"

While he was listening to this, he had come to two conclusions: that he had to make this brief, and that there was no way she could know it was him. Though the spell of the sprite had taken full effect, a bit of his common sense was still left. No way he could just charge in and announce his love for her. And then there was Hot Rod to think about.

Slowly, he took off his battle mask, placed it quietly on the grass and walked to the willow, his spark pumping in his head, and his vocal module feeling as though it were on the verge of malfunctioning.

He tried to be quiet, but she heard him before he could sit. Turning, she saw him and smiled. "I see you're back. Did you find her?" Optimus was puzzled. Couldn't she tell who he was? No fretting, Matrix-Bearer. Heix use spell to cloak appearance. And change voice. Just for now, then Heix use spell to change Matrix-Bearer back. Make Orion-Love have feelings."

"Umm...n-no. She's one fast little thing, isn't she?" He still sounded the same to himself, but Orion thought she heard Hot Rod's voice. "Yeah, she is. Roddy, I have something to tell you. It's something really important. Um...could you sit down, please?"

It was the way she said it that made him comply. She sounded grave and terrified at the same time. Curiously, he sat down, and took her hands in his. Primus, they were so soft! "All right, what is it?"

CHAPTER 15

"Well...Roddy, you know how you're always telling me that you feel like we've met before?" Optimus nodded, not entirely sure where this was going. "Yes?" Orion tugged at her hair and kept quiet. "Hey," he said, and he held her. She felt wonderful against him. Primus, it felt so right! "Come on. You started this, so you might as well finish it."

Orion breathed deeply, and started talking. I...I haven't been entirely honest with you. Roddy.....the truth is.....we've known each other for a long time. We first met on Cybertron, a little over a century ago."

She wouldn't look at him. Optimus' CPU was whirling. Something was definitely not right here. "Wh...What do you mean? We just met some days ago. What are you saying, Orion?" "Roddy, we fell in love on Cybertron, shortly before you came to Earth. We were a couple for about three months...

Something in his CPU suddenly clicked, and memories long forgotten resurfaced. "And then I left." Orion nodded, trying hard not to let her tears fall. "After that, we only made contact a couple of times. You.......you broke up with me." Optimus could only nod numbly. Yes, it was all coming back to him. "Is that all?" he said in a flat voice.

Orion shook her head. Roddy, I sent you one more message. I....I was pregnant." Optimus clicked this information together, and the realization hit him like a jolt of lightning. "Lu." Orion nodded. "Yes, Lu. Roddy, I am so sorry I didn't tell you this. It's just that, you were so nice to me when I came to Metroplex, like you had forgiven me. But you didn't even remember me, but you still fell in love with me. And that was all that mattered."

He just sat there, lost in
his own thoughts. Yes, he remembered. He remembered the Quintesson experiments made on the Autobots. He remembered when Roddy had first introduced him to Orion. He had been pleased that the mech had finally settled down. But as time went on, he suddenly developed an intense hate for her, as intense as he loved her now. He remembered dragging Hot Rod away to Earth, just to be far away from her.

And of course, he remembered the messages he had sent to her, pretending to be Roddy, and destroying what they had. As for Roddy, he'd been completely miserable when Orion never bothered to make contact. He was even more so when he never found her, after he had destroyed Unicron.

The memories came back and hit him hard. And guilt overwhelmed him.

Orion noticed that he hadn't said a word since. One look at him, and she saw what she didn't want to see. Roddy, I'm so sorry! I know I should have told you sooner, but I was too scared. I've been dealing with so much pain, until I saw you again."

Yes. Caused by him. "Does...Does Lu know about....me? Orion shook her head. No. After she was born, I....Roddy, you have to understand. You deserted me on Cybertron. I was so alone, even after Mewtio took us in. How else would I feel but bitter? I never told her about you. I told her you were dead. She doesn't even know your name."

The fresh, happy face of the small girl flashed in his head like a neon sign. He had not only wronged Orion and Hot Rod. He had unknowingly hurt her in a way he couldn't imagine. He should be shot. Right through his spark.

"Roddy?" Optimus turned. Mercuric tears stained her flawless faceplate. "Do you hate me, like you did before? Please, don't. It would kill me. It was then that what Mew and Eirone had been trying to get into his thick head finally hit home. She was completely crazy about Hot Rod, and no doubt he felt the same way. He would never win her love. It had already been given to another. There was no way he would come between them. Not after what he did to them on Cybertron. Not after what he'd done to Lu.

He couldn't stay. It was too much for him to even look at her. As he rose to go, she lunged at him and grabbed his hand. "Hot Rod, don't. Please, Roddy, don't go. Don't leave me. Optimus stared into her optics, saw the love he had tried to ruin and then steal, and he tried to pull away.

"Fool!! Do it now!! She is yours, ripe for the plucking!" Dae'ka's voice had returned. I can't! I won't! You can't make me hurt them!! You can't!!" But he was already holding her, already taking her faceplate into his hands. Even as his spark and spirit protested, his mind was dull. Even as he tried in vain to fight the dark magic that had ensnared him, he kissed her.

As he deepened the kiss, a thousand horrified apologies whirled in his CPU, but he couldn't voice them out. She kissed him back, somewhat surprised by the sudden passion Roddy was giving to her. With an oath, Optimus managed to break the kiss. Whispering apologies to her, he tried to go, but neither Orion nor Dae'ka would allow it.

And he was kissing her again. He had never felt so low, so utterly disgraced and guilty in his entire life. Where had the sprite gone? Why didn't the spell break, if Dae'ka had taken over? No doubt Heix must be working for the monster controlling his actions.

How long they would have gone, or how far they would have gone, he never knew. He just heard a soft voice behind them, and he was free. With a yell, he pushed her away, and he saw that he had changed to his normal self once more. Sans his battle mask, still lying undisturbed. Orion covered her mouth with her hands, her optics wide with disbelief. Then, utter terror as she noticed Hot Rod for the first time. His fists were clenched, and he was trying hard to hold back his tears of outrage and hurt.

"What the hell is going on here?" he repeated, in the same soft voice.

***************
Mew's eyes popped open, and she turned to her brother, also curled up on the bed. He was awake as well. And the same horror and urgency was in his eyes.

"We have to hurry!!!" he yelled, his voice only slightly tremoring with fear.

****************
Roddy..... Orion began. No words could voice how terrible she felt. She turned back to Optimus, who had retrieved his battle mask. How could Optimus do this to her? She had been so sure it had been Hot Rod she had been talking to. What magic had he used to try and seduce her?

Roddy, listen to me.... she began again. One look from him, and she knew it was of no use. Her tears began welling in her optics again. I don't have to listen. I've been watching the two of you for a while now. There's no need for an explanation." Orion sobbed and tried to hold him, but he elbowed her away.

Hot Rod, she had nothing to do with this," said Optimus. I was the one who tried to seduce her. She....." "Shut up, Optimus," he said, turning to gaze at him. He could see the iced fury in his optics. He heard the venom in his voice. He couldn't hear the tears. I thought you were my friend. You knew how I felt about her. I thought you were happy for me. Why did you do this?"

The words sliced through him like a knife. Primus, he felt even lower than he had felt a few minutes ago. Roddy, please listen. I....I had feelings for her. I thought I knew what I was doing. But, Orion told me things that I think you have to hear. Really important things."

I don't want to know. I don't care. I don't care anymore," he replied, his tears welling up. Orion was freely crying now. "Orion, how could you do this? he said. She was crying. Good. Let her cry. I thought we had something special. I loved you, for Primus' sake."

And he still does, Optimus realized. No. He couldn't let them break apart again. Hot Rod, please. Forgive us, for whatever we've done to you. We can't divide now, not when.....not when things are happening."

The change in him was sudden and frightening. The cold fury left his optics to be replaced by a bloodthirsty, murderous look. Without warning, Hot Rod grabbed Optimus and shoved him to the ground. "Forgive you? How the hell could I ever forgive you? You stole the only person I could ever care about!!" Hot Rod punched him square in the jaw. As he was about to punch him again, Optimus pushed him off, and started blocking his attacks.

How long, Optimus? How long have you been waiting to take her from me? Huh?" Through the Matrix, Optimus could sense Hot Rod's emotions. Hurt, anger, shock, outrage, and a sense of helpless betrayal. And not only towards him. Orion was still standing there, yelling at them to stop.

"I'm so sorry, Roddy," he said softly. He could commiserate with his feelings on some level. He had felt similar emotions when he heard that Alita had been killed. Roddy, please just listen to her. She still loves you. Just look at her, please."

And he did look, and he couldn't deny what Optimus was saying. But his optics hadn't fooled him. He saw what he had seen: his supposed best friend lip locking with the femme that he used to love. The blind anger had left, and the cold fury was back again. "'Sorry' doesn't cut it, old buddy." And he pointed his arm at Optimus, where his missiles were ready to launch. He heard a scream, and Orion flung herself in front of them. Hot Rod, don't! What are you doing?!" Ah, how perfect. Two birds with one stone. He almost laughed out loud. "See you in hell, Optimus. And as for you, he said to Orion, and pointed his arm straight at her head. "You will never know how much you've hurt me. Nor how much I loved you. You were my world."

"Roddy," she murmured. Roddy, please.....

He didn't reply. He fired.

Optimus threw himself in front of Orion, preparing himself for that brief moment of pain, then the endless sleep that would come. But it didn't quite turn out that way. There was a flash of light, and some scuffling sounds. The sound of shots being fired. But nothing else. He opened his optics to see what had happened.

Hot Rod was dazed and lying on the ground. Mewtio hovered above him, a trickle of blood oozing from his right paw. Mew was in front of Optimus and Orion. "Are you two all right?" she asked. Optimus nodded, while Orion crouched near Hot Rod's body. What did you do? she said. "He would have killed you. Do not worry. He will awaken in a few hours."

Orion didn't feel any better. Hot Rod's words still hurt her, and the way he had said them. There was no way he would ever forgive her, even though she had been blameless. Feeling angry all of a sudden, she lashed out at Optimus. What the hell did you think you were doing?" she snarled.

He'd been expecting her anger, so he said nothing. "Why did you have to ruin it? Why, Optimus? Why in the inferno did you make him hate me? She got up and slapped him twice. I hate you, Optimus!! You hurt us both!! You hurt Lu..... Orion, come to bed. Tonight has been too much." As though under a trance, she obeyed, and let him carry her back to the village, using his psychic powers to take Hot Rod as well.

Optimus had never felt so drained in all his life. He turned to face Mew. Her face was a mixture of pity, suppressed anger and hurt. "Oppy, what have you done?"

After she said those words, there was no way he could hold back his tears. I'm sorry. I didn't know what I was doing...." Oppy, you knew you shouldn't have done that. We told you what Dae'ka would do. Why didn't you listen?" "It wasn't Dae'ka. It was some sprite of some sort named Heix."

"Heix? Hmmm....all right. I'll forgive you on that point. I've met Heix, and she's a slippery and dangerous spirit. Maybe even more so that Dae'ka. But, what's done is done. Unless we have a miracle, there's no way we can get them together again.

I'm so sorry. I've condemned us all." "Cheer up, Oppy. Dae'ka hasn't done his worst. Aside from you and Roddy, the Autobots still like each other. And don't forget the others. Dae'ka can't get to Lu unless he breaks us up."

Optimus didn't feel any better. He still remembered how Hot Rod had looked. How could he ever forgive him? "Don't fret, Oppy," came a new voice. He won't hate you forever." Where have you been, Pixie?" said Mew. We haven't heard from you in such a long time."

"I've just been watching you all, as well as Sha'cul. The Decepticon fleets and the Quintesson fleets have been attacking Cybertron. Something big is happening, but I can't get through Dae'ka's magic to find out exactly what. Just be cautious. And try to make contact with Cybertron. Someone has to know what's going on."

"Right," said Optimus. Somehow, the words of Mew and Eirone had eased his mind greatly. He still felt miserable about Roddy and Orion, but as long as the universe didn't end because of him, he could still live.

The sun was beginning to shine at this point. We must leave now. Everyone will wake up soon. I'm going to help Mewtio with Orion and Roddy. You'd better leave too, before one of the Autobots wake up and see that you're gone."

Optimus transformed and followed Mew back to the village. He was completely lost in his thoughts, and he didn't see the small sprite called Heix, following him closely.

CHAPTER 16

In Metroplex, Ironhide grumbled a mild oath as the billionth ERROR message scrawled across the computer screen. Ever since Optimus and the others had left the night before, they had been getting urgent messages from Cybertron telling of the joined attack of the Decepticons and the Quintessons. Cybertron was chaos, and the two generals Optimus had left in charge had gone inept. And to top it of, an aerialbot sergeant had gone missing, presumed dead in action.

His optics brightened a little as he was comforted with the thought that at least Chromia was safe. Along with thousands of Autobot refugees, she had travelled to another nearby planet inhabited by neutrals who didn't want anything to do with the renewed conflict.

"Anything yet?" came the weary voice of Ultra Magnus. "Nuthin' yet, Magnus," he replied. Across the room, Ratchet had shut down, and he sprawled over his desk, his optics dark. What with them damned 'cons and Quints messin' with Cybertron an' all, I can't get through. Bad enough no one can reach anywhere, but if only we knew what the heck was going on over there......

And just then, the screen went blank for a second, and the static image of a bot appeared. "Me....ple....are you....can...read....alert!!....damn......bad transmit...ello? Any....there?" "Ratchet! Get off your lazy aft and get hold of that signal!" bellowed Magnus. Ratchet awoke with a start and got busy, knowing that once the leader in Magnus took over, orders were to be obeyed or else. "Hello? Metroplex to Cybertron!! Do you read me, soldier? What the hell is going on up there?

"Ultra Magnus, sir!!" came the voice, and the screen cleared up. Ironhide had to check himself from mumbling in disgust. "General Redox," saluted Ultra Magnus. What is the status on Cybertron? Any more attacks?" The face of Redox twisted into a smile. "Everything is starting to normalize. We launched an attack yesterday against the enemy fleets, sir. Their forces were completely decimated."

All three mechs turned their heads to face the screen. How is that possible????" blurted out Ironhide. No way in hell we could have won like that. Just five days ago, we were on the brink of extermination, and we suddenly turn and crush them all?? No way!!"

It is the good grace and mercy of Primus, Lieutenant," came the quiet, subtlety arrogant reply. Ironhide growled. "This is indeed good news, Redox. Arrange for our fleets to bring back those who fled, and talk to the bureaucracy about how to set about the rebuilding."

"Very good, sir.....uh....where is Optimus Prime, sir? I seem to have noticed the lack of.....movement in Metroplex." "He's not here," said Ironhide too abruptly. "They went to spend some time in one of the human cities, I forget which one." Redox looked startled for a minute, and then he relaxed once more. I was not aware of that, Lieutenant. Please give him my regards." "We'll do that, and inform him of the good news," said Ultra Magnus. "Thank you, sir. General Redox, over and out."

"Magnus, how in the inferno can you trust that slimewad?" bellowed Ironhide. I don't, but Prime chose him and General Charvon to represent them when they left Cybertron, and I can't counter any order he gives....even if it's better if I did." Well, why the hell didn't you? He's slime!! He's a good-for-nothing, incompetent Quint-loving mech, that's what he is!!"

Don't talk about your superiors that way, Lieutenant!!" thundered Ultra Magnus, shocked and angry that Ironhide had the bolts to say such things. "Look, I'm not exactly crazy about that guy either, but that doesn't give you the excuse to go mouthing off like that!! Another mess up like that, soldier, and you'll be in house arrest and given clean-up duties in the Dinobot quarters!! Do you get me?

Ironhide growled and stalked out of the room. Seconds later, they could hear exploding sounds as well as the yelling of horrible profanities in different languages. The two weren't worried though; Ironhide usually went to one of the storage rooms where old and useless data was stored to be melted down into titanium.

"When do you suppose Prime is returning, Mags?" said Ratchet, hoping to bring the conversation to greener pastures. No idea, Ratchet. They should come back soon, though. Now that the "war" is over, we really don't need the help of those creatures."

I'm not sure about that, Magnus. Maybe the Decepticons and the Quints were just making as though they had been defeated? Would Galvatron give up so easily? And aside from that, the generals haven't been really famous for their expertise on military strategies, such as when you have victory and when you don't."

Are you saying that we were wrong in our judgement, Ratchet?" No, Magnus. I'm saying that something doesn't smell right. Why now? Isn't a coincidence that when Prime is gone, the Decepticons suddenly get a huge defeat? And what about the messages from Chromia and the others who left? They wouldn't exaggerate the size of the enemy's forces. And we weren't exactly well prepared to begin with."

Ultra Magnus didn't say anything for a while. Then, he sighed and rubbed his hands over his optics in a gesture of fatigue. Ratchet was surprised at how suddenly old he looked. "It's getting late. I'd better contact Prime and tell him of this."

"Recharge a little bit, Magnus. I'll stay up. No, that's not necessary..." "Mags, go to bed!! Doctor's orders! NOW!!" he mockingly yelled. Magnus feigned a sulk and left.

Ratchet shut down the computers in the room, and went to sit by his desk, and watched the gradual rise of the sun. He hoped that Prime had had a better night than he had.

***************
On Chaar, Galvatron brooded in his headquarters, which were underground along with the Decepticon and Quintesson city called Dae'nakash, in honor of The Serpent Lord. He was well aware that his soldiers were resenting the fact that they had to give up so easily in the face of the so-called Autobot Army. However, unlike Sha'cul's Serpent Soldiers they had no idea-as of yet- of the next phase of the gradual crushing of the Autobot scum.

The two races of bots didn't get along during the "war," and now that they were confined to a stinking inferno beneath the surface of a wasteland, they sure as heck made no effort to hide their distaste for each other. Even though both races were divided into different sections of the city, things didn't get better.

His thoughts were interrupted by a well-known presence in his mind. "Find my Captain, Galvatron, and rally thy troops. The invasion of the human world draws nigh, and so does thy glorious defeat of the Autobots!!" And when the presence left, so did his melancholy thoughts. Smiling evilly, he left his office, and found Starscream trying to chat up one of the few female Decepticons left. With a look of disgust, she slapped his faceplate and stalked off, muttering to herself.

I see that your ineptitude is not strictly limited to the battlefield, Starscream," he smirked. The mech gave him an evil glare, while rubbing his face in pain. But he dared not retort back. The Master, though he held the Decepticons and Quintessons in contempt, believed in iron discipline among the troops. And as such, whenever Starscream was rude to Galvatron, he was plagued by nightmares of the Master's realm, a place of fire and horror and insanity.

"Get off your stinking aft, and find those two Quintesson scientists. We have a certain blue planet to conquer in just a matter of time. Starscream mumbled, but stalked away to the main communication room to make contact with Cybertron. Galvatron went back to his headquarters and sent out a thought to the Serpent Captain. It took him some time, for he had only learned the art of telepathics. "Sha'cul, the Master wants us to mobilize. Starscream is trying to alert the Quintessons on Cybertron. We leave in a matter of days; maybe hours.

"That's good to hear. But tell your assistant general not to bother contacting the half-breeds, as I am already in Cybertron. Besides, giving his stupidity, he'll probably alert the Autobots to Dae'nakash."
And the presence of Sha'cul was gone. Galvatron found a datapad and started putting characters on it. He had a speech to prepare.

****************
The funeral of Sergeant Neryx was that attended by his only living relation: a fembot of a soft rosy hue, with bits of vertical painted snowy white along her legs and arms, with contrasted with her burning emerald optics. And that was the name she was called: Emerald, though her grandfather had a few other choice names for her: "Evil Emmy" and "Rosey Volcano" to name a few, for she was possessed of a huge temper rivalled only by her skills in battle.

The look on her face as the empty silver casket was laid into the ground was too hard to read. Her mouth was set into a grim line, and her usually sparkling optics appeared dull and dead. The two generals Charvon and Redox couldn't keep their eyes off her as the remaining soldiers played an ancient Cybertronian war song that was supposed to send the dead to Primus.

"She's a pretty one, that femme," leered Redox to Charvon. You don't see many like her these days, even if she is an Autobot whore." "True. Do you think the Master would be interested in her? "Of course not!" said Redox, turning to his partner. The funeral had ended, and the officiating minister was offering comforting words to Emerald. She didn't seem to hear them. He only wants the human fembot for his bed. Besides, why waste someone so lovely on him, when he obviously doesn't want any but the Child's Mother?"

Emerald turned to look at them at this point, and all the fire in her optics leapt, and they shone with intense hatred. Without a word, she transformed into her usual minivan form and sped off. As she was leaving, a missile launch appeared on her hood, and she blew up a nearby building that was already decimated as it was.

"She has some issues that need solving though," said Charvon, gulping. He had heard stories of Emerald's vast temper: that her eyes shone like two new born stars when enraged, and she was only too quick to use her fists. And her vocal module could turn from a cold velvet to an angry shriek in less than two Earth seconds. She had scorn for rules, and more than once had nearly gotten herself killed in battle.

As Emerald drove off, she saw spaceships coming into the city from all over. Those who had fled were already returning. She grew irritated as thoughts of those inevitable "victory parties" floated into her CPU: lazy-ass mechs who had fled the battlefield who would have an excuse to drink and take hussy femmes to their recharge chambers. And sleep was not what they had in mind.

Finally, she reached her quarters, just on the outskirts of the city. No one bothered her there; no one ever wanted to. She had thought she had preferred it that way. Right until the moment the door shut behind her, and it suddenly hit her that she was really alone. Her family had been killed during the previous wars, and Neryx was all she had had. And he too was gone. And mercuric tears poured in torrents down her face; they had never been permitted to be shed since she had been created.

How long she was curled on the floor, sobbing her spark out, she didn't care to notice, until something touched her mind. It wasn't a physical manifestation; something had quite literally touched her mind: the spiritual part of her CPU. That brought her to her senses quickly. Emerald was never one to waste time lingering on negative emotions, unless it was fury.

"Dry thy optics, Star Eyes. Sacrilege has been committed in my holy temple of temples; traitors are but a fly's width of bringing ruin to my children." That got her attention immediately. "Primus?" she said in her rich, icy velvet voice. Why hast thou come to me? No more questions as of yet, my beloved. Perchance some other might explain this better than I." And the presence was gone, only to be replaced by another so familiar that she turned around to make sure he was not there. "Grandfather! What's going on? Is this some sick joke?"

No more of your sharp voice, Em!!" the spark of Neryx said with a good deal of urgency. "Listen, you were right along about those slimy generals; they're Quints, Emmy!! They're damned Quints from the womb of an Autobot whore!!"

What the hell??? I'll kill them!!!" she screamed, her voice rising several octaves. "Not yet, Em. They're working for the Decepticons, and some new enemy more dangerous than all of them combined. This so-called war was just a sham to keep us busy while the real danger was aimed at Earth."

"Earth??....that's where Optimus Prime is!! "Gee, you think fast!!" Neryx, even in death, was as sarcastic as ever. Listen, get out of Cybertron. Get to Earth and warn Optimus of this!! They're all sitting ducks down there unless someone tells them what the heck is going on!!"

"But why me???"

"BECAUSE I SLAGGING SAID SO!!! NOW MOVE YOUR AFT AND GET THE HELL OUT OF CYBERTRON!! NOOWWW!!!"

Even before he has finished, Emerald was already out the door, in the middle of transforming. Before her wheels even hit the floor, she was already going at the most impossible speed ever. Primus knew how many Autobots she knocked over that day. Upon arriving at the city, she thanked the stars that the departure section of the spaceport was near deserted, while multitudes of bots were just arriving from their exile.

The only mech in charge was a short, dumpy gold and black officer. "Hey!! I need the next ship to Earth!! This is an emergency!!" The guard just looked at her with the most condescending tone. "Have you a reservation?" "Reservation?" she said softly, her optics starting to glow. What the hell do you mean by a reservation? I...thought you knew. All ships to Earth must now be booked in advance. Seeing as you don't have one, I'm afraid you can't go."

The fembot leaned over the desk and looked straight into his blue optics, which were starting to look a trifle uncomfortable. Listen to me, you reject from a five-star Cybertron restaurant," she said even more softly. This is a matter of whether you want to spend the rest of your life possibly a slave to the Decepticons and Quints. Unless you give me a goddamn pass, this entire universe will go to Hell, literally. Now, could you please let me pass?"

I'll....I'll get security, miss! I'm warning......." That was all he got out before Emerald jumped on him. The last thing he remembered was falling into flames of a bright, angry green. After searching him, she relieved him of his own ship keys. Thank you so kindly, sir," she said. When he came to, about a half hour later, he jumped up and ran cursing at a small shuttle leaving the planet. Inside, Emerald was manning the controls. "Be careful out there, Emmy," came a familiar voice. "Enemy ships will probably be heading to Earth too."

I will, I will! Stop worrying about me, I can take care of myself!!" It's my job, Em," he said in a softer tone. I love you, Emerald." Me too, Old Guy," she said. I'll be checking up on ya, kiddo." And that loving presence was gone, and she felt so empty. Quickly, she brushed that feeling aside, and put her mind on her task ahead.

Not too far behind her, Sha'cul was watching her, his own optics glowing a ghostly green . She is protected by Primus himself. But she is no match for me without that Presence about her. And his face twisted into a sick smile.

CHAPTER 17

Lu awoke to the sweet soft golden light of the rising sun, and with a jump she came out of bed and headed straight for the special shower Evenrose had installed. She bounded into the kitchen, expecting to find a steaming breakfast and her mother sitting peacefully.

The kitchen was cold and dark. All the blinds had been drawn up for some reason. "Weird," the child muttered, and proceeded to draw up the shades. A sniffing sound caught her off guard, and when she whirled around, she had to cover her mouth to stop from screaming out loud. For on one of the chairs sat Orion, trying to choke back her sobs as tears fell down her faceplate.

"Mommy!!!!" Lu yelled. She rushed towards the crying femme and hugged her knees tightly. "Mommy, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" Orion didn't answer, but she pushed her away. Not now, Lu," was all she managed before breaking down again. Mewtio appeared at the doorway, in time to see Lu stagger back in shock and hurt. Sobbing, she turned and ran into Mewtio's extended arms. Without a word, he carried her outside.

"Mewtio, what's wrong with Mommy?" she asked, in between hiccups. "Orion's not feeling well, Lunera. I guess she had a bad nightmare or something." "Then...couldn't I sing to her, then? Mommy sings to me whenever I have a bad dream. Couldn't I, Mewtio?" Damn, he hated it when hatchlings had to be so naive, so completely innocent looking and earnest. No, Lu. I think it would be best if you just let her be for a while." Lu nodded and transformed, speeding off into the nearby woods.

The purple monster sighed and turned to Orion, whose weeping hadn't stop. Orion, this isn't helping. Return to your room and rest, you look awful. Orion's sobbing stopped, and hiccupping pathetically, she did as she was told. As Mewtio watched her go, he felt a familiar presence on the top of his head. Reaching up, he swatted Mew away impatiently and sat down on a chair, scowling.

So you say it was Heix? Mew nodded. At least, that's what Oppy's saying. If it is, you know she's going to try again. She's a very persistent sprite.

Yes, you're right. But right now, the problem is to make sure Lu has no idea about this. She saw Orion crying just now, and I sent her to the woods. Go and comfort her.
Mew nodded. Quietly, she opened a cupboard and brought out a piece of fruit. Eat, she ordered. Mewtio smiled and did as he was told. You mother me terribly sometimes, little Hobbit.

Someone has to, old Elf,
she replied. What are you going to do while I'm gone looking for Lu? I'll have a talk with Optimus, then Hot Rod. I won't perform a miracle, but at least I could get them to act civil, for the sake of Lunera.

Good luck, she said dryly before flying into the sky. Mewtio finished eating the fruit and left the kitchen. He decided that he needed to see Hot Rod first, as he was the less controlled of the two. However, he first went to check on Orion. She was in her recharge berth, but she wasn't resting. She was sitting up, and her face was troubled. She wasn't crying, though.

I've lost him now, haven't I Mewtio? she said quietly. That depends, Orion, he replied.

But what's going to happen? You know that he will never come backwhat am I going to tell Lu? She turned to him, her eyes streaming tears once more. Oh stop that, he growled impatiently. I'm going to have a talk with Hot Rod and Prime. Prime needs to get a grip on himself right now. Dae'ka is planning something. I sense evil gathering. Go and rest, Orion. I'll come to you once I'm done.

Hot Rod will forgive me, won't he? she asked. Mewtio couldn't help but smile. What's there to forgive? You did nothing wrong. No one did anything wrong. I'm going to ram that down their throats until they get the concept. Orion smiled as well. Try not to be too forceful, she called as he left. His spirits were lifted considerably. If he could make Orion smile a bit, he could have those two mechs dancing for glee in no time.

He found Hot Rod sitting on a chair in a corner of the basement, where recharge berths had been set up for the Autobots. His face was a mixture of pain, fury and confusion. His optics were dulled by these emotions. He looked at Mewtio with an eerie calm as the monster came down the stairs.

Beautiful day, isn't it? Mewtio said warmly. Evenrose, open the metallic shutters, won't you? On command, the steel shutters opened up, flooding the basement with sunshine. Hot Rod winced as his optics took the glare. What do you want? he muttered.

Me? Oh, nothing at all. I just came here to knock some common sense into your head. Hot Rod smirked. And how do you propose to do that? Like this. Hot Rod was thrown by an unseen force into the wall. Groaning, he slumped to the ground. Mewtio lifted him and slammed him repeatedly into the wall until Hot Rod pushed him away impatiently. All right, all right! What the slag do you want?

To talk, Mewtio replied. You kind of lost your head back there.

Lost my head?? Lost my head?? Mewtio, I saw Optimus and Orion kissing!!

True, but did you ask why?

Why the slag would I need to ask why ?? I saw them with my own optics! Hot Rod got up and tried to leave. Mewtio narrowed his eyes and called after him. Hot Rod. Sit. Down. The mech stopped suddenly, and reluctantly returned. I suppose I'll have to tell you the whole story. Mewtio then told him about Lu's destiny, and Dae'ka, and how Heix manipulated them both. He was careful to leave out that Lu was Roddy's child. He didn't think that Hot Rod was ready for that information just yet.

Meanwhile, Hot Rod's face had grown troubled, then pensive, then slightly guilty when he heard how Heix had used Optimus and Orion. I guess I overreacted a bit, didn't I? he said sheepishly. Absolutely, said Mewtio. Still, I understand your reactions to the scene.

Optimus still loves her though, he said quietly. Rage no longer lighted his optics as he said these words. Only a fraternal pity. I suppose he does. But now that he's seen what Dae'ka almost did to you, he won't stand between the two of you again.

ButI said horrible things to her Hot Rod glanced to the door upstairs. II was going to kill herI was going to kill him, too Will you stop doing that to yourself?? said Mewtio crossly. She loves you as well. You basically ripped her spark out, but she still loves you. Go and talk to her, then after you've kissed and made up, go to the forest and find Lunera. I'm going to have a talk with Optimus.

Hot Rod nodded and left the room. My, aren't we abrupt? came a familiar voice. Oh shut it, Evenrose, he replied crossly. Where are the other Autobots?

They're coming back now,
she said. Before he could reply, they all trooped in, talking excitedly. The minute Preceptor saw Mewtio he ran ahead, took his paw and shook it vigorously. Once again, thank you so much for this, Mewtio. I have never come across such a diversity and rarity of creatures! Each is different from the other! I've collected so much data

Plus, I think these little guys are ready for whatever the Decepticons can throw at us, cut in Springer. You can count the rest of us in. By the way, where's Optimus and Hot Rod? Mewtio turned to the giant computer in the center of the room. Evenrose, locate the Autobot named Hot Rod.

The screen flicked, and it soon showed Hot Rod in his automobile form, racing away with a familiar, dark Porsche. Well, Hot Rod's gone with Orion. I think Optimus is still in the house somewhere, but I need to talk to him.

All right, said Arcee. We're getting ready to leave now. We'll be just on the boundaries of the village. As the Autobots left, Mew flew in the window and kissed her brother smack on the head. You're a genius!! she squealed. I've never heard Orion sound so happy before!! Ooh, I love you!!! With another resounding smack, she flew out of the room, laughing with delight.

Still chuckling, Mewtio left the basement and found Optimus in the kitchen, holding a giant tin cup of coffee-flavoured energon. He'd never tried the stuff before, but today he needed it badly.

Morning, he said glumly. Coffee?

No. I won't beat around the bush, Optimus. What you did last night was stupid, even though you were controlled by the sprite.

And I've ruined everything, right? he said hotly.

No, you haven't. I've talked with Hot Rod. I told him everything. Optimus, who had finally begun to drink his coffee, spluttered out the contents and looked at Mewtio with chagrin. Ohnot that bit, if that's what you're thinking. Optimus sat back down, relieved.

So, he knows about Lunera's destiny. He's going to explain to Orion about it as well. I think your little friend made a mistake by telling only you about it. Optimus nodded, then wondered why Eirone was appearing less and less. Things must be really hectic on Cybertron, then.

In any case, he's forgiven you. He pities you, actuallyyou're still in love with her, aren't you? Optimus nodded miserably. Even after what I nearly did, my spark still aches for her. How can I fight alongside with her and Hot Rod?

Well, you'll just have to deal with it, said Mewtio impatiently. Lord, he hated it, how these creatures could fall apart over so trivial a thing. Keep an iron fist around your feelings, Optimus Prime. Or else, Dae'ka will control them again. Mewtio heard the roar of engines and turned just to see the other Autobots race away. Several of the monsters were waving to them.

The others are leaving now. They'll find Hot Rod soon enough. Talk to him, Optimus. But please keep away from Orion. She still hurts.

What about Lu? said Optimus, getting up and putting the cup away. When is she going to know about this?

Your friend will tell you. You see, she's Keeper of the Prophecies, so she'll know. Optimus sighed. How come he always had to hear these things from others? Why did Eirone think he shouldn't know about certain things? All rightbut when is she going to know? About Hot Rod, I mean?

She'll have to learn from her mother. She'll learn soon enough though. The others are waiting for you, Optimus. The inhabitants of this world will stand by you in battle. As soon as you hear from Cybertron, we shall leave this place and follow you.

Thank you, Mewtio, said Optimus. Then another thought entered his head. Orion was one of several Autobots who were turned into some type of humanoids. So, how is it that her system didn't accept the drug to reverse it? It was a foolproof drug, as I remember.

She had to stay that way, so that when Lunera was born, she too would take that form. The two of them are Primus' chosen ones, which means that they are fashioned after his liking. Didn't your friend tell you that?

No, she failed to mention it, Optimus replied. He would have to talk to Eirone about her habit of keeping secrets. At that moment, Mew flew in through the door. Well? Is he okay? she said to Mewtio. He's fine. A little heartbroken, but fine.

Mew gave a whoop of joy and sat firmly on Optimus' head. Yay! Come on, we have to go now! Mewtio, you're supposed to come say goodbye as well.

Oh fine,
he grunted. As Optimus transformed and raced away, he and Mew flew next to him. The other creatures followed him, led by Agumon and Charizard. They found the rest of the Autobots there, waiting by an enlarged version of the exit slide. Lu was there as well, and she ran to Optimus and gave him a hug around his knees as he transformed.

Oppy!! Where were you?? You didn't come race with me, how come?? she pouted.

Optimus and I were talking business, Lunera, said Mewtio. The tiny girl made a face of disgust. How horrid! That's no fun! Racing's better than business!! Optimus shuddered at how much she sounded like Hot Rod: feisty, fun-loving, and always up for a good race. He looked at Hot Rod's face and saw the lad smile at him sheepishly. Orion looked away, however. I'm sorry , he thought sadly.

Well, I hope you all enjoyed your stay, said Mewtio. As soon as the training is finished, we shall make contact with you. Just open the trapdoor and jump in. It's the same mechanics as the entrance. Preceptor groaned. He only too well remembered his ride yesterday. Closing his optics, he jumped and fell with a shriek. The others followed.

Roddy, you'll come visit me, okay? said Lu. Course I will, cutie! he replied, scooping her up in a hug. As he set her down, he turned to Orion and smiled. And I'll come see you too, okay? He kissed her gently and jumped down the trapdoor. At that moment, Pikachu came and said that there was massive game of tag going on. Lu squealed and ran to join them, leaving Optimus and Orion together, for Mewtio had gone to make sure that no one in the tag game got too hurt.

Orion.I'm sorry, he began haltingly. I never meant to hurt either of you

It's all right, Optimus, she said gently, trying hard not to let the anger show in her voice. Hot Rod told me everything. Here she sighed and looked at the disappearing form of her child. Why her? she whispered. She's only five years old, damnit. She's too young to know what she's up against

She's strong, Orion. She takes after her f He clamped his mouth shut, but Orion could guess what word he was about to say. I don't know how I'm going to tell her, Optimus, all right? II don't know Her tears fell before she could stop them. Orion Before either knew what was going on, he was holding her face in his hand, and using the other to wipe the trails of mercury.

There was something disturbing about the way he was touching her. Orion couldn't put her finger on it. It wasunusual, frightening and tender at the same time. She slapped his hand away and turned her back to him. Optimus, go.

I love you, Orion, he said, the pain of the words making his voice break. I can't help it, but I do. Hot Rod is so lucky to have you. And I'm sorry for all the pain I caused you. II just wanted you to know. With that, he stepped into the trapdoor and was gone before Orion could lash out at him.

How how dare you?? she whispered venomously. Despite all he had done to her, he still had the nerve to tell her that he loved her. Did he think she would welcome him again with open arms?? She sighed miserably. She wished she could shut him out of her world, but then there was Lu. And now that war was upon them again, they had to fight side by side. How could she cope with it?

Don't think about him. Think of Hot Rod. Happiness overflowed her circuits as she thought of her beloved. To think that she had nearly lost him, because of

Stop it! she hissed. Why couldn't she stop thinking about Optimus? Anxiously she turned around, hoping that the little demon that had nearly destroyed them wasn't nearby. Soon, she heard the excited shouts of the others. Forcing a cheerful grin on her faceplate, she ran and joined the fun.

Mewtio was watching her from the safety of a tall almond tree. She was trying, bless her spark. He knew that she had a lot on her mind, but she was still trying to be happy, for Lunera. He couldn't understand the love she had for Hot Rod. Frankly, he thought he was a bit childish sometimes. Still, he could understand the love between her and Lunera. How else could she be able to do this?

A powerful weapon, this thing called Love, he said to himself. Powerful enough to even bring down the Dark Serpent.



CHAPTER 18

Still in the bowels of space, Emerald cursed and shrieked at how monumentally slow the good-for-nothing cheap ship was going. A trip to and from Cybertron should take nothing longer than four hours, on a traffic day. She immediately made up her mind to have a lot of words with the golden snob at the spaceport when she got back.

"Old Guy, how about a little hand here? she said out loud. No can do, Em. Specific orders from my superiors," came the reply. "Slagging hell," she muttered to herself. Well, you could at least steer this goddamn rusted cheap thing for me. I'm just about tired from...putting you to rest." I understand, Emerald. You get some rest now." The ship immediately went into auto pilot mode. Emerald shut her optics and drifted off to sleep.

A few minutes later, an explosion near the ship jolted her out of her sleep and onto the floor. What the slag....?" she muttered, not realizing the situation until Neryx kindly pointed it out to her. "EMMY!! GET UP!!! THOSE ARE DECEPTICONS TRYING TO SHOOT YOU DOWN!!!" Oh cra....ow!!" she yelled, for another explosion knocked her down again. Grabbing the controls, she turned up the speed and tried to outfly the powerful flagship of Galvatron.

Inside, Galvatron was berating the two scientists for letting the Autobot femme learning of their plot. Sha'cul, already irritated that the femme was actually pulling away from them, didn't know how long he could stand Galvatron's continual screaming. "Master. If it please thee, I, your humble servant, would do battle with the Autobot whore. In person." "Thou hast no need of asking. Go, and finish the female soldier of Primus, all in the name of your god."

Back on the little ship, Emerald tightened her hold on the controls, trying to stay calm as the huge ship got closer. Then the spark of Neryx practically screamed at her. EMMY!! GET OUT OF THERE!! SOMEONE'S OUT TO GET YA!!" Before she could react, hands reached for her throat and threw her across the room. Is this the best that your lifeless god can come up with?" Emerald managed to duck out of the way of another blow, and skittered across the room, searching for any weapon.

She found a gun, but as she was about to reach for it, the same mech grabbed her neck once more, and hoisted her up into the air. Gasping for air, she saw his face, twisted in a dark, humorless grin. Me...Megatron? Why aren't....you in hell.....like you're supposed to be?" You need to learn some manners, wench. However, I have neither the time nor the patience to do that. I might as well kill you now. His grip tightened even more, and as his optics glowed more fiercely, so did hers start to dim as the spark was ebbed out of her being.

And then came the voice of the Serpent Lord. Sha'cul!! Unhand the femme!!" Sha'cul's optics narrowed in annoyance, but he dropped Emerald onto the floor. She gasped for air and tried to attack, only to be knocked down again. "Bring her into the ship. I may have a need for her." The dark soldier said nothing, but his faceplate was set into a deep frown as he lifted the fallen femme into his arms and teleported them both out of the tiny ship and into the Decepticon flagship.

And all the while, Primus, God of Light, grieved at the capture of his child, and the spark of Neryx was sore wroth. "God or no, get me the slag outta here!! Get me a new body, Autobot OR Decepticon!! But I gotta get her out of there!!!"

"Peace, my child,"
replied the god from the depths of the Matrix. I could save her, were she not completely inside the dark sphere of magic of the Fell One. To attempt so would be folly."

SO???? You're a frickin' god!! Why can't the two of you duke it up???"
And the God of Light sighed, and the spark of Neryx ached to hear that sound. "Understand, Neryx. Since the creation of Time, it was decreed by the First Gods, those whose worship is no longer practiced, that none of the other gods should ever meet face to face, lest it nullify the Universe. Hence, should I confront Dae'ka directly, our battle may tear the cosmos asunder."

The spark of Neryx turned to view the Decepticon fleet, slowly making its way towards the Earth. Be strong, Emmy. Please, PLEASE be strong. I don't why that Quint-loving Dark God wants you alive, but don't let him have his fun. Fight, Emerald! Fight!!!

And the semi-conscious mind of Emerald perceived this thought, even as Sha'cul delivered her unto her prison in the lowest levels of the flagship. I won't let you down, Old Man. I won't give in. Not while I still have some spark in me.

Sha'cul dumped her unceremoniously on the rust-infected floor. Master, he said quietly. What next must happen? I am somewhat bewildered by thy demand to leave the femme alive.

Do not question me, Sha'cul!! thundered a hissing voice. Emerald covered her audio receptors to drown out the sound. Empty thy soul, my General. I have needs to possess thy body. Emerald saw the dark mech flinch for a second, then howl with pain and doubled over on the floor. Crouched on his feet, he shuddered slightly, breathing heavily.

And when he stopped, a malign force hit at her so hard that she let out a small squeak and backed away from him. He slowly raised his head up and looked at her. His optics had gone from a sick green to blood red, and the smile on his face chilled her to her circuits.

Yesssss, he hissed, getting up. Raising his hand, he beckoned to the femme, and she was lifted from the floor and dangling a few inches in the air. Yess, the Prophecy describes thee well, Jade Eyes, he continued. As his hands touched her face, a death-like chill flowed through her circuits. Her mouth was open with a soundless scream as those vile, evil hands explored her face.

Very accurate, very beautiful As his hands went near her mouth, she bit on his fingers and swore profusely at him. Dae'ka laughed. Thou art pert, Autobot wench. Deadly, ruthless and intolerant of lesser beings. Thou wouldst have made a fine Queen for me.

This time, Emerald shrieked, a horrible sound as she took in what the Dark Serpent had said. Why art thou so afraid, Jade Eyes? he said, his voice like poisoned honey. I am thy friend. I shall not harm thee, if thou wouldst but worship me

The force that was holding her up let her back on the ground. Nodding dumbly, she went down on her knees, and as the Dark Lord laughed at his triumph.

A gun appeared out of nowhere, and she shot at him. The laser hit him in the chest twice before he fell back. Emerald was heaving, horrified at how she had almost fallen under his evil spell.

And then he got up again. The wound in his chestplate had healed, leaving no mark. His optics went from blood red to crimson. Bellowing, he punched her across the face, sending her reeling across the dungeon. Wench!! Vile, crazed wench!! The rage left his face abruptly, to be replaced with a sick smile. Perhaps there is more courage in thee than I had perceived, Jade Eyes. How courageous wilt thou be, however, when thou wilt see my army crush thy leader? Turning around, he picked up the gun.

As he left, Emerald slumped to the floor and wept silently. A feeling of dread rose in her circuits. What did that thing want with her? Why did he keep calling her 'Jade Eyes'? And how the slag did some nutty Prophecy tie in to all this?

Well, as long as they were going to Earth, and at a much faster rate, she had to concentrate on how to get out of this place before the blue world was overrun with Decepticons, Quintessons and what seemed to be Red Eyes' personal army.

**************
When the others returned to Metroplex, they were greeted with good news from Ultra Magnus. General Redox sent us a message last night. Apparently, we've won.

Excuse me? said Springer. Did I just hear you say we won ?

Only apparently, said Ultra Magnus. Something doesn't quite fit in to all this. We've been trying to contact Cybertron for the better part of this morning, but we can't get through. Ratchet thinks it might be vehicular interference: a lot of spaceships are returning to the planet.

As Optimus listened, he decided that a talk with Eirone was becoming a necessity. She loved to keep secrets from him, but this was getting out of hand. After a brief talk with Ultra Magnus, he quietly excused himself and went to his chambers. However, before he could call to Eirone, the door opened, and Hot Rod stepped in.

Optimus, I just came toto apologize for what happened yesterday. Mewtio told me what's going on, andwellI'm sorry.

It's okay. I'm the one who should be apologizing. I still love her, you know. Hot Rod nodded and sat next to Optimus on the berth. I know you do, and I know how miserable it feels, loving someone who doesn't love you back. Here Hot Rod paused and remembered those wasted feelings on Arcee. Ummso are we buds again?

Optimus smiled and patted his friend on the back. Always, Roddy. Now, I have to Optimus stopped midway through his sentence and stared blankly at the wall. UhhOptimus? Opti, you okay?

Hot Rod, you and I are connected to the Matrix, right?

Ummyeahwhy?

You and I need to see someone. Concentrate on the Matrix, Hot Rod. Still confused, Hot Rod closed his optics and focused on the Matrix. Optimus could feel his thoughts circulate in his CPU. They were both inside now.

Eirone? he called out loud. Eirone, we need to talk. Nothing happened immediately. Eirone, this isn't the time for games anymore. We need to talk now .

Nothing happened immediately. And then the darkness of sleep came upon them both.

When Optimus awoke, he found himself staring at the rainbow-coloured sky again. He sat up and rubbed his head. Hot Rod was still unconscious, and was lying on a bed of blue energon tulips.

Eirone? he called. His voice echoed across the valley. Eirone, I know you brought us here. Something serious is going on, and I want to know why you've not being telling me things.

Things like what, Optimus? came the rude voice. He couldn't see the body though. Oh, I don't know. Little things, like you being Keeper of the Prophecies. And things like the Decepticons suddenly losing the war in Cybertron.

Who told you that? she hissed, and she materialised before his optics. Mewtio told me about yourposition, and Ultra Magnus gave a report to me. You're supposed to be my helper, Eirone. It makes you look bad when I hear these little things from other people, you know.

Fine, fine. Can't a girl keep a few secrets though? she smiled. When she got nothing in return, Eirone sighed. Oh all right. Come this way, Optimus. She led him near a marble fountain that was filled with more blueberry-flavoured energon. Without waiting to be asked, he picked the cup Eirone had outstretched and took a sip. It was delicious.

I'm sorry I haven't been thatforthcoming with you, she said, her voice slightly contrite. I'm not only the Matrix Spirit and Keeper of the Prophecies. I'm a messenger of Primus. I've been travelling across the cosmos, visiting the other Gods.

The other

Come now, Optimus. Dae'ka's resurrected his armies, he's planning something big. The other Gods aren't just going to sit and do nothing , she said, rolling her optics. They'll be gathering to some distant moon to talk about this. Of course, in the end, they're just going to tell Primus to handle it his way. Here her optics narrowed. ExceptI haven't been able to find him. He must be in another dimension or something.

Somehow, that did not make Optimus feel better.

Anyway, I'm dyingwell, not literallyto hear what's been going on around here. How's Lu and Orion? Tell me everything. And Optimus proceeded to do just that. When he had finished, he put his head in his hands and sighed. I still love her, Eirone. And thenjust as I was about to leave, we started talking. And then she just started to cry. II held her, Eirone. Something just clicked inside me. II don't know. She hates me even more now.

Eirone then did something highly unusual. She sat next to Optimus and hugged him. It's all right, Optimus, she said soothingly. Everything's okay. I'm here, okay? She put her arms around his head and held him.

He felt peaceful all at once. All his worries and cares melted away. He even forgot about Hot Rod, still comatose not too far away. He didn't know Eirone was capable of such gentleness. And now she was kissing his face. He chuckled. Eirone, that's enough now.

But she didn't stop. The kisses became more ardent, more passionate before he knew what was going on. Eirone, what in the inferno?? he yelled, and pushed her away. As she got up, Optimus' mouth hung open.

Eirone was no longer a little girl, but a fully grown femme. Her hair was silver instead of white, and the overflowing dress she wore was replaced with a body-hugging one that had slits around from her thighs downwards. She was beautiful.

Eironehow didwh?

Optimus, my darling, she breathed, her voice like silver. She walked towards him and took his hand. His CPU seemed to have shut down inside his head. His vocal module was malfunctioning. He could feel mercuric sweat form on his forehead. You're.beautiful, he whispered.

This is my true form, Optimus. Too long I was in the form of a child, for fear you wouldlaugh at my feelings for you

No! he cried. How could you think that? Eirone looked at him with her silver optics. Come with me then, Optimus. We shall go into a new place, a new universe. It will be just me and you. No one will find us again. No worries, no cares. Just you and me, my love. All I need is yes.

She was too close, much too close for him. Removing his battle mask, he took her in his arms and kissed her passionately. Her throaty purrs became roars in his mind. He didn't hear anything, only those beautiful noises she was making. He had to hear more. He would go mad if he didn't.

There was nothing, nothing at all on his mind except the image of Eirone. It would be like this, when he went with her. No one would bother him about reports or meetings or wars. No one would be able to hurt him anymore, now that he had her

Optimus!! came a desperate voice. It was more like a squeak. Still, his lulled mind became dimly alert at the sound of it. Optimus, you must listen to me. Danger is coming!

Ignore him,
came Eirone's husky voice in his head. He just wants to plague you, with his petty little things. None of that matters now, my darling.

No, he moaned, pressing her body closer to his. OPTIMUS!!! the voice squeaked. Optimus, do you hear me? Dae'ka is coming!! He is coming for you!! He is going to win if you don't resist this creature!

Bite your tongue, old man!!
she hissed. The voice ignored her and kept talking to Optimus. Optimus, if you don't come out of it, they will die!! Mew will die, Lu will dieOrion will die, Optimus!!

Orion.?
His mind was more alert now, but not enough to shake off Eirone. She was doing things to him, wonderful little things he hadn't experienced since

Optimus,
came a new voice, female and familiar. Keep away, wench!! screamed Eirone. Without opening his optics, Optimus could faintly see a small spark standing between him and the Matrix Spirit. It was familiar, too familiar Alita?

Optimus, Orion needs you. She doesn't want you, Optimus. She's only following orders.

Orders? he mumbled. She lies! hissed Eirone. Optimus, think of her. Think of the love you have for herit's more powerful than the one you had for me. Without warning, little memories of Orion flooded into his mind. He remembered the first time he saw her, how overpowering his feelings were. He remembered the way her hair seemed to catch the breeze so perfectly, the little laugh she did...

Orion doesn't love you, Optimus, breathed Eirone. She stroked his faceplate with her hand. I'm the one you want, Optimus. Optimus, resist her!! Optimus!! Even as Alita screamed at him, he continued to stare dreamily at Eirone, marvelling at her beauty. It was then he took her hand and kissed it gently, and saw the symbol on it.

The mark of the serpent.

His optics widened as he staggered back. You he choked out. Eirone looked at him wildly. No, darlingOptimus, come back. It's not what you thinkOptimus!! COME HERE!! But he couldn't. He didn't want to believe what he had just seen, what his CPU had just registered. Stay away from me!! he bellowed.

Eirone snarled and lunged for him. And then Hot Rod appeared out of nowhere and fired his gun at her. She shrieked and fell to the ground. As she lay there, an aura of red surrounded her, and she transformed into a small, pale creature that resembled a ghost. The creature got up and stared at Optimus with baleful eyes. Matrix-Bearer make Heix really angry.

Before either mech could utter a word, Heix raised her voice to a shriek, and as her head was raised, an beam of red light emerged. The beam stretched into the sky. And then, there was a crack! The beam had broken through the barrier of Eirone's little world, and as the red light escaped, so too did everything sweep away.

Optimus grabbed the sturdiest tree and gripped Hot Rod's hand. Optimus?? he shouted through the noise. Optimus, what the slag is going on? Before he could reply, the tree broke, and soon they were both caught in the whirl, going higher and higher until they were inside the red beam. Optimus gasped as he caught the full glare of the light. How couldn't he remember it before?

The hate plague he murmured. Suddenly, they were back in Optimus' bedroom. Hot Rod was sprawled next to him, while Heix was unconscious near the door. Mew's words repeated inside his head: Lu needs love, Optimus. Not, as in she needs it now. But when the time comes, she will need it, more than ever. If she feels otherwise, her powers won't work, and Dae'ka will finish her, and us all."

Heix stirred back to life, and Optimus started to speak to her. So that's what he plans to do, he spoke in a gentle tone. You sent the hate plague to the village, didn't you? You're going to break the shield of love that's protecting Lu from Dae'ka. They'll fight each other, and then they'll attack her.

The sprite rose to her little paws and smiled maliciously at him. Matrix-Bearer, he thinks quickly, doesn't he? At the drop of a hat, Heix transformed back to Eirone, but she was in her femme form. Yes, he does, doesn't he? she continued. Her optics were no longer white, but red. You're too late, Optimus. The hate plague has reached the village, and soon Dae'ka will come and destroy the Child before the Prophecy is fulfilled.

NO! screamed Hot Rod, and he fired his laser at her once again. Eirone didn't flinch. She laughed malevolently. You stupid mechs, didn't you see what happened? I'm no longer a mere Spirit, or some messenger sending deliveries to those lazy half-wits sitting up there. I've escaped from the confines of the Matrix. I'm a Goddess once more. I am Eirone, Goddess of Mischief again!

She threw her head back and laughed. Optimus growled and lunged for her. He picked her up and shook her violently. Youyou vile betrayer! he thundered before throwing her across the room. She hit the wall and slumped to the ground. However, she sprang to her feet, her optics burning with hate.

I'm not the vile betrayer, Optimus. Didn't you want to wreck Hot Rod's happiness, by taking his true love away from him? Didn't you??

SHUT UP!! yelled Hot Rod. You were the one controlling him that night. He didn't want to wreck it, you made him feel that way!! You're not going to win at that game anymore, little missy!! Hot Rod fired at her once more, but she vanished and quickly disappeared out the door.

Before they could catch her, Eirone jumped and flew into the sky, screaming with laughter as she did. Ultra Magnus came running out, just in time to see her disappear. What in the inferno was that? he exclaimed. Before either of them could answer, a missile exploded behind them, sending the mechs flying into the ground. The others came running out, yelling. Optimus looked at the sky and shook.

A fleet of Decepticon battle cruisers were hovering around the city. Galvatron had come.

****************
In the village, the tag game was getting progressively aggressive. As Mewtio, Orion and Lu watched, the other monsters squealed and shouted with delight. Even the big ones, like Metal Garurumon, were joining the fun. Pretty soon, there would be some discipline to dish out, Mewtio knew.

And sure enough, a fight had broken out between the Pichu brothers again. Apparently, Kichu had tripped over Michu, who had tagged him out of the game. There were no rules about this, so both thought that they were in the right. Right now, the two were growling at each other, ready to pounce.

I'd better handle this, said Mewtio. Before he got up, however, the hairs on his neck raised alarmingly. An alarm went off from somewhere inside the house. Evenrose he whispered. He flew straight into the basement, knocking down the door. The entire room was flooded with red light. A WARNING message kept flashing across the screen. And there, on the floor, slowly breaking up, was Evenrose.

Mewtio went to her, and used his powers to raise her to the table. MMewtiobadsomething bad

What happened, Evenrose?
he said, concern all over his face. The image raised her hand weakly, and a faded image appeared. Mewtio looked and gasped. He saw fleets of Decepticon and Quintesson ships hammering at the energy field surrounding the island. How did they find out?? he thundered.

VVirus

Mewtio turned to Evenrose, disbelief on his face. NoI designed you, Evenrose. You are the most advanced computer in the world. You can'tthere's no way

I do have a virus, Mewtio,
she said weakly. CCosmic rusth-hate plagueeating up my memoryspreading to the monsters Mewtio abruptly raised his head, and for the first time he could hear the angry bellows form outside. How is this possible? Who could have hacked into my system?? Evenrose, tell me!!

Idon't know. Somesome form of SPRITE, IMewtio, help me!!!
The image was fainter. Mewtio ran to her and cursed that he couldn't hold her. For the first time in his existence, he was at a loss. He was helpless . Evenrose, I'm so sorry.

GetLuout, stopinvaderswarn Autobots
she said. She turned her head to face him and smiled weakly. I reallyliked you.awful chess player, butgoodfriend. And then she closed her eyes, and the image was gone. The computer gave a warning that its CPU was being terminated, then shut down.

Alone, Mewtio knelt where Evenrose' image was and almost started to cry. He had failed her, and now she was gone. He could rebuild a new computer, but it would never be another Evenrose.

Outside, an earth-shattering shriek broke into his melancholy thoughts. ORION!! he cried. Shooting out the window, he saw that the monsters were growling, surrounding Orion, Lu and Mew. The pink creature stood in front of the Autobots, a pink energy sphere formed in her paws.

STOP!! he yelled. He stood in front of Mew and started to glow a deep shade of purple. I COMMAND YOU TO STOP!! The monsters roared their defiance. Even tiny Togepi chirped angrily at him. You don't scare us anymore, Mewtio! yelled Gatomon. For eons, we've always done what you wanted, let you boss us around. And now you let strangers desecrate our home, starting with these two uplanders!! Orion stood rigid and held Lu closer.

You are being controlled by Evil! Mewtio shouted. Darn right we are! yelled Patomon. By YOU!! The monsters roared as one. Mewtio turned to Mew, who nodded in return. Fine then. We do this the hard way. Suddenly, Mewtio's aura exploded into a glare, knocking everything and everyone away. Mew used her powers to catch Orion and Lu and spirit them away. Mewtio threw purple energy spheres left and right, knocking the others off their feet.

Terriermon transformed into Gargamon and started firing at Mewtio. He formed a shield around his body, which reflected the attacks back to Gargamon. From behind, Mewtio heard the roar of Metal Garurumon and jumped out of the way. The wolf turned to him and charged again, but Mewtio flung him out of the way. The others were surrounding him fast. He took to the skies and went to find Mew.

He found Mew outside a giant cave with Entei in his tiger form. It's no use, Mewtio said. The hate plague has spread to them, and Dae'ka is coming fast. Mew, get out of here and warn Optimus. Don't let the others overpower you. Use the secret exit. Mew nodded and flew away.

Mewtio, we need a plan. We have two forces coming at us, one from within, one from without, said Entei. And we need to protect the Autobots. What must we do?

Meanwhile, Mew had flown far and fast, and soon came across the portal at the back of the village. Before she could zoom into it, she felt a force throw her back to the village. Mew opened her eyes and gasped when she saw Eirone there, aglow in red. The evil radiating from her was overpowering.

You did it, Pixie! she exclaimed, tears stinging her eyes. Why?? How could you do this?? I wanted power, Mew. And now I have it, I can do whatever I wish. And right now, I wish for you not to go off and warn Optimus. He's got problems of his own. And she laughed a high-pitched squeal that made Mew shudder.

Get out of my way, Eirone, she growled, using the Goddess' main name for the first time since they'd met. Don't make me have to kill you, little monkey, Eirone sang. She threw an energy ball at her, but Mew sped towards her and knocked her to the ground. As she flew into the portal, Eirone threw a beam of green light and uttered a powerful spell, one that banned anything associated with the Autobots from entering or leaving the village ever again.

She can warn Optimus all right, but it's too late now. Eirone laughed and became invisible. She flew to the creatures, who had started to fight amongst themselves once more. Good. They'll be so busy tearing each other apart that the Decepticons will walk all over them. Still laughing, she flew and found Mewtio and Entei trying to formulate a plan. Orion and Lu were sitting near them, looking frightened.

How can Dae'ka be so afraid of such an insignificant, whinging little mortal? she snorted. Careful not to let Mewtio to her presence, she landed near them and watched Orion intently. She was thinking about Lu. Eirone frowned. She'd forgotten to destroy that last force that protected the Child from the Serpent Lord. No matter, she could do it herself.

Wispy green smoke escaped from her hands and formed into claws. They reached for Orion, and clutched at her spark. Orion didn't feel a thing, until the claws had entrenched themselves in her spark. And for the first time this morning, she was calm and composed.

And she knew exactly what to do.

How do we drive them from our world? said Entei.

We give her to them, replied Orion. Mewtio and Entei turned to look at her with wide-eyed incredulity. Lu looked confused. What are you talking about, Mommy? she said. I'm going to hand you over to the Decepticons. It's the sensible thing to do, really.

Orion began Mewtio, but Entei shook his head at him, while discreetly standing in front of Lu. The plague, he mouthed to Mewtio. The monster turned to Orion. You don't know what you're saying. You know what will happen if Dae'ka gets his hands on her. She's your child

I NEVER WANTED A CHILD!! exploded Orion. Mewtio and Entei backed away, keeping Lu behind them. From behind the femme, Eirone frowned and decided to cheat a little. Orion hissed and, with strength not her own, threw Mewtio and Entei away. She was glaring at Lu, with horrible contempt. The little girl was suddenly afraid, very much afraid. Mommy? What are you saying?

I never wanted you , she hissed. Don't you see, you stupid little brat? The reason that all those creatures are fighting is because of you. The reason that Decepticons are going to destroy this miserable planet is because of you. The reason why your father left me is because of you !!

It's not true!! the child exploded. Daddy died in battle, when Unicron was invading

YOUR FATHER LEFT ME TO DIE WHEN UNICRON WAS INVADING!!! Orion raged. He left me because of you . He left because he thought you were unnatural, like me!! Come to think of it, you are unnatural.

Orion, NO! yelled Mewtio. As he lunged for the femme, Eirone stuck out her hand and formed a shield around Orion and Lu. Mewtio banged against the invisible wall, shrieking. LUNERA, DON'T LISTEN TO HER!!!

I never wanted you, you useless pile of scrap, whispered Orion, enjoying the tears falling down Lu's face. You're the cause of all my troubles. It's because of you that the entire Universe is out to get me!

WhWhat?

You're the Child of Primus, you idiot! You're the one who is supposed to destroy the Serpent Lord and save the cosmos. That's why he is out there, destroying our world, because you were born!! Lu's eyes went wide. Why didn't you tell me??

I don't know. Your CPU is too slow to register it. At any rate, since all he wants is you, I'm going to give him to you. Lu screamed and tried to run, but Orion gripped her hand fast and hit her across the face. You wretch!! You ruined my life!! I hate you, you worthless thing!!

Mewtio's eyes went wide with horror as he saw Lu's face contort with tears again. That's it, cry!! Cry, you spoiled little brat, cry! And she cried harder, trying to drown out the hateful, cruel words her mother had said. Orion then whispered to her daughter. Run, Lunera. Dae'ka is waiting for you. He's the only one who wants you, you know. I never cared for you. Run to him, Lunera. Run to him.

Eirone decided to break the spell. With a clap of her hand, she was gone. The shield protecting the femmes was gone, and Lu bolted away. Mewtio tried to grab her, but the child was compelled by Orion's foul words. She transformed and sped away before Mewtio could stop her. Snarling, he turned to Orion and gasped.

Her optics were wide with shock. Her hand was trembling, and she looked at it wildly. It was the same one she had used to hit Lu. Oh Primus she whispered. What have I done? I didn't say those wordsI didn'tI didn't mean themoh Primus

Before anyone could stop her, Orion transformed and sped after Lu, calling her name. Mewtio turned to Entei, but his voice was drowned out by a loud explosion that shook them to the ground. And the voice of Evenrose echoed throughout the valley: Awake!! Invaders! Fiends! Foes! Villains! Danger!!"

Mewtio ran and saw the sight which he feared to see. Smoke was rising from the forest. Spaceships were landing, bearing both the Decepticon and Serpent insignia. Dae'ka's forces were invading.