Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Blood Brothers ❯ Darkness Revealed ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Blood Brothers Part Four - Darkness Revealed.

Ken awoke to the sight of a set of sharp, gleaming teeth right in front of his face.
"Highness? Are you awake?" Infamon asked. Ken gulped and answered with perfect honesty.
"I am now." He replied.
"Come, Highness, I have a gift for you."
"And it's not even my birthday." Ken quipped, despite the dread in the pit of his stomach. Who knew what these evil Digimon would consider an appropriate gift for their Emperor?
Infamon led Ken down a twisting maze of corridors, until they came to a huge, cavernous room deep inside the base. A maze of cables fed into a large circle drawn on the ground, squinting at it as they hurried through, Ken guessed that it was some sort of power amplification device.
A few minutes later, they arrived in the dungeons, and Ken felt his apprehension grow with every passing second. A solid metal door slid open, and Ken fought down shock and terror as he beheld his friends, the Digi-Destined. Their Digimon were no-where in sight, and they were chained and gagged. Ken swept his eyes frantically across the cell when they sat chained to the wall, they were all there, both generations of Digi-Destined...except Davis. Renewed hope surged in him, and Ken fought to reclaim to cold indifference that his role required. He couldn't blow his cover now, it could get them all killed, he needed to give Davis time, and perhaps figure out a way to free his friends - he was supposed to be a genius after all. He stepped into the cell, and made some show of inspecting them.
"Where are their Digimon?" Ken asked harshly.
"In another ccccell, Masster." Dreadmon replied, "We thought it besssst to ssssseparate them."
"Good, I'll make plans for them to have dark spirals later." Ken looked across the cell once again, "Excellent work." He added, before turning and walking out, his cape billowing behind him.
He walked quickly back to his quarters. The door closed behind him and Ken sagged against the wall as if all the air had been let out of him.
"Ken? What's wrong?" Wormmon asked, scuttling over to where he sat leaning against the cold metal wall.
"They've got the others. They're in the dungeon."
Wormmon gasped in horror.
"All of them?"
"No, Davis escaped somehow. We need to free them, tonight."
"Tonight?" Wormmon repeated, alarmed, "But that's dangerous!"
"I know, but if we wait any longer Infamon and Dreadmon will wonder why I'm not torturing them."
"In that case, shouldn't you email Davis?"
"Oh, right." Ken said, pulling out his D-Terminal. A quick email exchange later, and Ken knew that the Destined children had been captured just before the last spire went down, but Davis and Raidramon had taken care of the last one. Davis and his Digimon hadn't seen them get captured, but had realized what happened when they couldn't contact the others. Ken told him to stay put for as long as he could so Davis didn't blow his cover. Davis had agreed, but reluctantly.
Night fell, and Ken crept out of his quarters, Wormmon on his heels. They sneaked down the endless winding passageways, through the power-amplifying room, and into the corridor outside the dungeon.
Ken breathed a sigh of relief.
"At least we made it this far..." He said.
"Or perhaps you didn't!!" Infamon roared from behind them. Ken and Wormmon whirled around and came face to fangs with the dark Digimon.
"So, the Boy Emperor did fall after all. How disappointing. You've turned into one of those pathetic Digi-brats haven't you?" Infamon boomed. Ken's eyes narrowed dangerously, and his black D-3 almost seemed to jump into his hand. Instantly, his Emperor look dissolved.
"Maybe I have, but I learned a few new tricks along the way. Go for it Wormmon!" Ken cried.
"Wormmon Digivolved to...Stingmon!" The big green insectoid Digimon immiedietly dived at Infamon.
"LIGHTNING STRIKE!" Stingmon cried his attack. The glowing blade impacted and Infamon fell back with a surprised cry, before turning tail and running back into the power room. Ken and Stingmon raced after him, in time to see him step into the circle etched on the floor. The dark Digimon flipped a switch with one claw, and the circle was suddenly with bright blue light. The power seemed to flow right into Infamon, and his body glowed with an eerie midnight light. Infamon laughed and evil cackle that seemed to come up from Hell itself.
"Pathetic Digi-fools! You cannot match my power! Infamon DarkDigivolve to...MegaInfamon."
The Digivolved form of Infamon towed even higher than his previous form, and was encased in shining jet-black armour, sharp red spiked protruded from his head, elbows and shoulders, and his eyes burned with an evil dark fire. Ken gasped in horror, but Stingmon went on the offensive, aiming another attack at the evil Digimon.
"Stingmon no! We don't know what we are facing!" Ken cried in anguish. But it was too late. MegaInfamon laughed and held up one gigantic claw.
"SHADOW SPIRIT." MegaInfamon growled. A dark wave of energy sprung from his claw, and struck Stingmon full-force, sending Ken's Digimon partner hurtling into the opposite wall.
"Stingmon!" Ken cried, but then he felt a tug on his mind, and an impossible hope welled up in him.
"VEE LASER!"
The wall exploded into dust and debris that settled fitfully over the feet of ExVeemon. Davis jumped down from his partner's shoulder and ran over to Ken.
"Need a little help?" Davis asked with a grin.
"What makes you think that?" Ken bantered.
They looked into each others eyes, and knew what to do. Their Digivices appeared in their hands and they both held them up, the sound of heartbeat thundering in their ears.
"ExVeemon..."
"Stingmon..."
"DNA Digivolve to...PAILDRAMON!"
Paildramon's attack sailed towards MegaInfamon, but did almost no damage. Ken and Davis, their hearts and thoughts almost unified, once more held out their D-3's, this time gently touching them together, and spoke in perfect unison;
"We are brothers in blood,
In heart,
In mind,
By courage,
And kindness,
We are of the chosen. Brothers in soul." They said, their D-3's once again began to glpw in response their sacred litany, and Paildramon felt his strength renewed.
"Paildramon Digivolve to...IMPERIALDRAMON!"