Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon: End of Days ❯ The Northern Tower ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
 
DIGIMON: END OF DAYS
By: Death Emperor Daeron
 
 
 
DISCLAIMER: DIGIMON BELONGS TO TOEI AND SO DOES THE CHARACTERS. ANY OF MY IDEAS AND CHARACTERS, ETC. ARE MINE, USE OF THESE MUST HAVE MY PERMISSION (The Characters Mykan and Katanna belong to two friends of mine: thanks for letting me use them! Also Aremikmon belongs to Mykan,use of him must have his permission! The character Grey belongs to InvaderKenny, any use of his character must be approved by him!!)
 
NOTE: This is a characters thought when typed like this....
 
CHAPTER FIVE
 
THE NORTHER TOWER: ICEWALLS
 
 
Twelve figures move in the shadow of a massive mountain range covered in snow, the air has changed from a comforting warmth to the cruel cold.
 
The one leading the front, is Daisuke with ExVeemon, behind him is Kari and Gatomon, then Matt and Metal Garurumon, Tai and Wagreymon, Katanna and Bearmon, and finally Mykan and Aremikmon.
 
"...are we there yet?" asked Kari wearily.Daisuke was silent, concentraiting on their goal, Icewalls.
 
"Kari...we will be there soon." said Daisuke sternly.
 
For the next hour, no one spoke, no one made contact with each other. The true test of this winter wasteland, is the strength and bond they have with each other.
 
*****
 
Grey wakes up to the smell of breakfast cooking and the sounds of whispers.
 
"Ah, good morning Grey!" yelled Garin, making Grey slightly jump from his yelling. "Here come and sit, we have a long day!"
 
Grey looks at Garin, then at the food. His stomache growling.
 
"No arguing with that..." Grey gets up and walks over to the table joining Leomon and Garin. Before Garin could start, Grey was done, the plate empty.
 
"uh...you still hungry?" asked Garin in amazement. "If...so help your self."
 
Grey nodded and began to get more food.. The morning went on as planned, finished breakfast, cleaned up the cottage and relaxed a bit before heading off to Antega.
 
"Hey Grey, we are going to Antega, you wanna come?" asked Garin.
 
Grey thought for a moment and remembered last night, the voice that came to him, the one called Xerxes.
 
"Sure...I will go." answered Grey getting up from the chair he was sitting in. After Garin got ready, they began the short trek to the city named Antega. The city came into view as the group crested a hill, the city was like a huge maze of buildings and people. Garin smiled and darted off into a crowd of people.
 
"Garin! Damn it!" yelled Leomon. "Grey, you mind helping me find Garin?"
 
"Sure..." Grey began walking off in an easterly direction and Leomon in a northerly direction. Grey walked in this same direction for three hours, never finding a trace of Garin. Grey soon found himself in what looks like an abandoned part of Antega. The farther he went, the more the vines seemed to cover walls and cob webs seemed to be everywhere. The architecture of this place was in a much older style of greek, but magnificent to say the lease. Grey soon came to an opening, a courtyard almost and in the center was a large water fountain. Standing in front of it was a hooded man.
 
"Welcome Grey." as the man in the hooded attire spoke, Grey could feel the evil radiate off of him.
 
"Your...Xerxes?" asked Grey.
 
"Yes..." Xerxes took a step forward in doing so Grey felt the malevolent energy in him and took a defensive stance. "So...you wish to fight?" Grey examined the hooded man, he might seem weak, but the energy coming from him was rather strong. "Am I friend or foe? Is that what yo wish to know?...If a fight is a way to find out for yourself, then so begin."
 
Without hesitation Grey ran forward, delivering a punch to Xerxes face, the hooded man fell to the ground and then stood, he was smiling beneath the darkness of his hood.
 
"Your powerful...but weak..." Xerxes flew at Grey delivering a series of punches to his face and stomache, Grey landed on the other side of the courtyard and slid into a stone wall, shattering it onto him. "Come boy...let darkness consume you." Grey's body floated from the ground as an aura from Xerxes hand appeared. Black energy suddenly consumed Grey's body and he let out a cry as the pain coarsed through his body. "Don't resist Grey...accept dakness...accept the shadows...accept a life in darkness." Xerxes evil laugh blocked out Grey's pain filled cries and slowly day became night.
 
*****
 
The never ending winter in the north raged and the snow seemed to swallow the group as the came over a hill. On top was Daisuke, he squinted his eyes, and soon the looming shape of a tower was seen...it was no more than a hundred yards infront of them. The tower was maybe a hundred stories tall and looked like a stalagmite of ice. The main door was made of ice as well.
 
"Icewalls." murmured Daisuke.
 
"So this is the place?" asked Tai.
 
"It has to be...if not we are lost." answered Daisuke. "And we need to get Kari into shelter..." Tai raised an eyebrow to Daisuke knowing the boy thought that out loud.
 
"You care...." Tai's sentance was cut short when a chunk of ice was blown off the top of the icey tower. "What the hell?!" Immediatley they knew it was Xerxes coming to collect his prize.
 
"Lets go." said Mykan running up to the ice door, he took out his large sword and hit the ice door, shattering it like glass. In the tower all the heros went. Inside as they expected was monsters from The Darkness itself. Misshapes are what they are called, they are the simple shadows cast by men and digimon. Before they could react the Mishapes attacked.
 
"Terra..." Wargreymon gathered energy for his attack when Daisuke stopped him.
 
"Doing that will bring the entire tower down on us...go in close ranged." Daisuke ran off and attacked some Misshapes. Wargreymon, ExVeemon, Tai and Matt followed in. Katanna, Mykan, Aremikmon, Gatomon, Kari, Bearmon, and Metal Garurumon faced off against another group headed down from the spiral staircase. The battle was quite easy and ended after fifthteen minutes.
 
"Everyone okay?" asked Matt.
 
"I think so." said Katanna checking herself for injuries. While everyone checked themselves, another explosion went off signaling that Xerxes was getting close to his goal. Without another thought everyone ran up the spiral stair case of ice. Some rubble came into view and so did a larg round chamber, inside was three shapes, one a Frigimon, one a person they havent seen before, and of course, Xerxes. The boy dressed in all black was beating up Frigimon by himself.
 
"Ah, looks like we have company." said Xerxes turning to face the group. "Grey, come here." The boy dressed in all black stopped fighting Frigimon and came to Xerxes side.
 
"Xerxes! Stop what your doing!" yelled Daisuke and Tai in unison.
 
"Please stop!" yelled Kari. Xerxes took note of another presence there.
 
"Ah, a member of Trinity has arrived..." laughed Xerxes. "No matter I have what I need thanks to a new ally..." Xerxes opens his hand in his palm is the crystal from this tower. Grey stood by the hooded mans side, emotionless in his expression and his eyes devoid of a soul. "Neat little gadget a Soul Shard is." Xerxes showed off a necklace filled with black crystals. "Yes Mykan this is the byproduct of your Dark Soul that I took from you...now I leave you with a parting gift." Xerxes plucks a crystal off and tosses it at the downed Frigimon, the crystal explodes and black ooze seeps out and covers the digimons body. "Enjoy...until we meet again and I shall deleiver your sweet end..." Xerxes bowed and vanished in a flash with the boy named Grey.
 
"What did he do?" asked Mykan..
 
"He's using The Darkness to mutate the DDNA in digimon...." explained Katanna. Soon a large deformed Frigimon appeared, like a half melted snowman. "Increases their strength...yet at a cost...your soul." The ice digimon used a Sub Zero Icepunch and missed the group barely. Using a great deal of strength, Wargreymon gathers a large Terra Force and uses it on the mutated Frigimon, destroying it, and half the tower.
 
"Good going numbskull." said Tai. "You could have destroyed the entire tower..."
 
"Look!" yelled Kari running over to the edge, she sees clear skies, no snow to be seen. "Does this have something to do with the crystal Xerxes took?"
 
"Most likely..." said Katanna with worry. "It may causes the ice cap to melt...and that wont be good..."
 
Kari sighs, and she sees Daisuke staring out at the sky.
 
"Are you okay?" asked Kari.
 
"...I failed." said Daisuke. "I screwed up...we should have been here in time..."
 
"Its not your fault Daisuke..." Kari put a hand on his armored shoulder. "No one could have made it here in time, and we didn't expect for Xerxes to have an ally...whoever he maybe..."
 
Daisuke nods and watches the sun in the sky, planning their next move.
 
*****
 
ANTEGA CASTLE
 
"So you have obtained one of the four?" asked shadowed figure in the center, clearly a man. "Thats good news."
 
"What of this boy you found?" asked the shadow on the right, a woman.
 
"He seems to have great capabilities...yet he shows some resistance to the darkness I have put in him...he is a fighter." said Xerxes.
 
"Now our last question...what of the rumor of Daisuke being released?" asked the male shadow on the left.
 
"I am afraid...that is true...yet his powers are still locked away...so no need for concern." Xerxes took in a deep breath and sighed. "Yet the one I am afraid of is the boy I have found...even without his soul...he still fights..."
 
"Then kill the boy, The Darkness may wish it." said the shadow in the center.
 
"I will...but not now...he still has some use to me." said Xerxes. "Is that all masters?" The three shadows said no in unison and Xerxes left. AFter he was gone the one in the center spoke.
 
"The boy is a puppet...and so are you...and soon enough...you'll have been used as much as we have needed you." The three shadows laugh, their voices filling the room....
 
 
A/N: Yeah it took me awhile, oh well. I hope you enjoy...