Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon: KAHOS ❯ The Rising Darkness ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Digimon is property of Bandai/Toei. The characters, Aiden, Hayru, Nicole, The Faith, The Revenant, the Digital Empire, and the Digital Gods are of my own and must have permission to use them.
 
typed like this means dreams
like this means a memory
like this means thoughts
_*_*_*_*_*_ is a scene change
 
 
 
Digimon: KHAOS
by: Death Emperor Daeron
 
Chapter Five
The Rising Darkness
 
 
-Grand Ball Room-
 
"Silence!" ordered Alphamon, one of the emperor's personal bodyguards. Sounds of a harsh strugle could be heard in the hall outside the Ball Room. The sounds of swords and digimons attacks going off alerted everyone in the Ball Room how close the Revenant were. Soon the sounds of the struggle was over. It wasn't clear who won, but by the look on the Emperor's face, they were in trouble. Alphamon looked intently at the door to the ball room. The door handle moved. "Secure the doors! Secure all doors and windows!" Quickly using tables and chairs, the guests, RRK, and the Emperor's Guard assembled a quick defense wall.
 
"I wonder if they know a bunch of wood is not going to stop Revenant forces from barging in through any entrance point?" asked Nicole.
 
"They know that Nicole." answered Hayru. "They are just buying time...and it looks like it won't be more than a few seconds." Hayru pointed towards the door. It shook for a moment, a moment went by without a sound, and then the door exploded sending chunks of silver and gold everywhere, some of the Emperor's Guard scattered to the front only to be attacked and struck down. Davis, Kari, Ken, Yolei, Hayru, and Nicole along with their partners stepped up next. The room was silent as eleven figures stepped in. It was The Revenant leaders with their partners and of course Devil.
 
"Humph...I know he's here." said Emperor Menell. "Come out leader of the Revenant!"
 
The eleven before them stepped aside, from the smoke and ruin from the hall before the Ball Room steps out the man in the black robes and hood. Devil accompanies the hooded man as he walks forward to meet the emperor.
 
"Good evening Emperor Menell you divine prescence preceeds you." said the hooded man in a jokingly manner. " I am afraid you reign ends on this day Emperor...attack." The Revenant run forward, swords drawn followed by their partners as they clash head to head with the Emperor's Guard and RRK. The Hooded man draws a sword and approaches the Emperor tauntingly. The Emperor draws his own sword and they clash. The Emperor pushes with all his strength, and yet the Hooded Man refuses to move and pushes back knocking the Emperor from his feet. "Stand up Emperor, I would hate for your lineage to end on this day with you begging for your pathetic life." The Emperor calls for help and Davis comes, sword drawn and locks blades with the Hooded Man.
 
"Get away from the Emperor!" yelled Davis slashing at the Hooded Man and missed.
 
The Hooded Man seems slightly stunned and takes a moment to recover his composer. "Davis Motomiya...I have heard much about you and your brother, Aiden." Anger suddenly shot through Davis and he attacked out of anger, violently striking the Hooded Man's sword.
 
"How the hell do you know my brother!?" yelled Davis crossing swords again.
 
Keeping his cool, he simply parried all of Davis's moves. "I know alot about your brother, I know where he is, I know becuase I met him. Think Davis, are you doing the right thing? Do you not know of the oppression this governing body has used on the people?" The duel between the two continued through the larger part of the Ball Room, soon they fought straight out into the main hall, the hooded man perfectly countered every single one of Davis's moves, however he did not strike Davis down. ExVeemon and Black Wargreymon X came running in and watched the duel continue.
 
"Where is my brother!?" asked Davis blocking a sword strike by the Hooded Man. Davis's opponent just shook his head and knocked Davis's sword from his hand. "Damn it!"
 
"You wish to know the location of your brother?" asked the Hooded Man pressing the point of his blade at Davis's chest. "Look for the answer in the prophecy Davis...there inside it's scriptures will be Aiden's location...however come alone..." ExVeemon ran forward and launched a V-Laser, the attack was blocked by Devil in the nick of time. "Till we meet again Davis..." Like shadows the entire Revenant Forces vanished, as if they were never there to begin with.
 
The devastation left behind from the attack on the palace was vast, many humans and digimon perished on both sides. It seems The Revenant ignored the city and all of its inhabitants. One of the greater losses would be one of the Emperor's Guard, Gallantmon, he fell to the blade of Devil. It's going to take months to fix the damage on the palace, yet that was least of their troubles. Accourding to scouts The Revenant overran the Igardian Fortress south of the Imperial City, making the city itself defenseless, thus making the palace defenseless. This battle was nothing more than a ploy by the Revenant to take Igardian. The Emperor would now have to devot all efforts for war against the Revenant and its leaders, something the public is frowning upon.
 
_*_*_*_*_*_
 
-Palace Library-
 
For the last three days, Davis, stayed up in the library combing through all the texts about any prophecy's. Ken had helped him, yet nothing had come up. While Davis worked on the information, the Emperor, had initiated a draft taking in all human warriors with digimon partners, they even posted a wanted sign for rogue digimon or mercenaries.
 
"Damn it all!" cursed Davis frustraited with the lack of information he was able to find. Kari at that time came in with a red book in her hands. She sat it down infront of him and then she sat at the table.
 
"This book was locked away..." said Kari in a whisper. "It mentions a temple that is hidden in the Foernal Mountains, I think this might be the place you have to go Davis, your brother has to be there...are you still going alone?"
 
"Yes I am...if this is the only way to get my brother back, so be it." Davis got up from the table, some hope restored to his being, before he left he hugged Kari as a thanks. He said his good byes to everyone and as he left, the Emperor met him at the gates of the city. "Emperor why are you here?"
 
"You will need this just in case..." the Emperor handed Davis a new sword, sharp and curved, the blade was a crimson red with flames coming from the hilt. "This is a family heir loom Davis...it is said to hold powers beyond the control of normal people...you may have the ability to use it Davis...so use it well and return to us safely with your brother." The Emperor turned and left Davis staring in awe at the sword in his hand. Shaking off the sense of awe Davis sheathed the sword and exited the city and headed north to the mountains...and for his brother.
 
Authors Note: So Davis is leaving ^_^ is he alone?! Dunno, dont ask >_<. Eh, Im not good at fighitng scenes, so forgive me for the sucky fight, I promise they will get better, I am trying to get to the more dramatic parts of this story as quikly as possible. Anyways please R&R!
 
Next Installment: Chapter Six: The Hatred that Binds
Davis goes the hidden temple, only to find trouble, will the others find Davis before the "Judgement" is delievered?