Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon: Revelations ❯ The Point of No Return ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Digimon: Revelations
By: Death Emperor Daeron
 
 
DISCLAIMER: Digimon is owned by Toei. Any use of the authors character, places, or ideas, must be confirmed by me the author.
 
 
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
 
 
THE POINT OF NO RETURN
 
 
 
-Server-
 
Nearly a week after the battle with Dream for the fate of the Real World, the Destined gathered at the continent of Server to prepare for the final battle. The only question was, did Aiden still have the power to open the Gateway to the Digital Abyss?
 
"So what do we know about the rest of the Devil Children?" asked Tai.
 
"Nothing other than there are only two members, Misfortune and Dream." Aiden said as he walked to the front of the group. "But of course they could have more members..."
 
Everyone sighed at that thought, another force of Devil Children wouldn't be good. The continued the walk through the continent of Server talking about how they could fight Dream and who could Misfortunes partner.
 
*****
 
-Digital Abyss, The Tower of Despair-
 
Sitting in her throne Dream watched the Destined walk the fields of Server without care.
 
"Damn them...." Dream weakly got up and walked over the mirror that was showing her the images. "Misfortune...come." From the shadows walks out the last of the Devil Children.
 
"Yes my queen." Misfortune said kneeling.
 
"Go to...the world in which we spoke of last...there you will fight the Destined..." Dream turned around, her face partly shown in the dim light, it was half bandaged and the part that was showing was bruised. "Soon...they will pay for what they did to me..." Misfortune nods and vanishes from the throne room. Dream laughs wickedly and goes back to looking at the mirror. "Soon my dear children...soon."
 
*****
 
-Ruins of the Temple of Dancing Shadows-
 
Returning to the place in which Obliviomon emerged from the first time, the place were Azuloongmon died, and the place were Tyranomon used his life to help Aiden.
 
"Why are we here again?" asked Sora running up to Aiden's side.
 
"There is a waypoint here." answered Black Wargreymon X. "Aiden thinks he can open the portal to the Digital Abyss...Aiden?" Black Wargreymon X walks to his partners side. Aiden is staring at the rubble, his eyes observing the sea of destruction.
 
Davis walks up to Aiden, resting a hand on his shoulder. "Aiden are you okay?"
 
"Yes...it's time." Aiden closes his eyes, concentrating.
 
"Ok Devil...this is your chance...open the gate." Aiden's thoughts reach his evil half and his mind is filled with that haunting laugh. Aiden feels that he loses temporary control as Devil works his evil magic, slowly Aiden's eyes turn a blood red color, throwing his hands into the air, two black orbs appear, they float in the air and combine, and slowly take shape as a portal. The as promised Devil return control back to Aiden. "Thanks..."
 
"How...did you do that?" asked Matt. Aiden shrugged not wanting to mention that his darker half still existed. Everyone of the Destined stared in awe of the portal, it was chaotic, with no real shape, as if the form and realm it led to was unstable. Davis gulped and took a step forward, followed by ExVeemon.
 
"Ok...this is it." said Davis reaching out for the portal, Aiden however yelled stop, catching everyones attention. "AH! WHAT!?" Davis jumped back from the portal and stared at Aiden.
 
"I wanted to let you all know...that there is no turning back, this is the point of no return." Aiden looked at everyones eyes, each, including the digimon, had a burning resolve, they had already decided. "So your all going then? Alright. lets show Dream and Misfortune what the Destined are made of!" Everyone turned on cue and walked in two by two into the portal the last two was Black Wargreymon X and Aiden.
 
"Aiden...he's still alive isn't he?" Black Wargreymon X looked Aiden directly in the eyes.
 
"...yes..." with simply stating the obvious Aiden turned and walked into the portal, followed by Black Wargreymon X. The portal that was left behind collapsed, destroying what was left of the temple.
 
*****
 
-?????-
 
Silence, that was the only sound in this world, and yet it wasn't the Digital Abyss. However, the expression written on Davis's face was apparent, he had been here before, in the sky above them was Earth, they had arrived at the final battlefield for an old enemy....this was the World of Wishes.
 
"This...this cannot be." said Davis, an old forgotten fear creeping back into his soul causing him to shake. A laugh from behind the group made them jump, and to their surprise it was Misfortune dressed in leather armor, covering his chest, left leg, and left arm. His black hair hung over the top part of his face, covering his eyes.
 
"Welcome to my home Digi Destined...oh where are my manners?" Misfortune snapped his fingers and a large figure emerged behind him. "Let me introduce an old friend of yours, MaloMyotismon." Misfortune felt as if he had already obtained victory as fear engulfed the children before him, he could see the fear in their eyes. Before Misfortune could attack, ExVeemon and Stingmon DNA Digivolved to Paildramon then to Imperialdramon Fighter Mode. Wargreymon and Metal Garurumon digivolved to Omnimon and the battle began.
 
Every digimon joined in on the battle against MaloMyotismon, Omnimon and Imperialdramon fought against the demon mega as the others faced off against Misfortune and his power of shadows.
 
"Feel the wrath of the darkness! Shadow Flare!" Misfortune showered Black Wargreymon X and Garudamon with large black energy sphere's. In retaliation Angemon and Angewomon fired off their attacks, missing Misfortune and hitting the ground before him. He in turn fired off another Shadow Flare, hitting both of the angel digimon.
 
MaloMyotismon landed on the ground before the two fused digimon laughing. The pods on his shoulders opened and black energy gathered inside of the pods.
 
"SCREAMING DARKNESS!" MaloMyotismon fired off two large black energy spheres in which Omnimon took the full blast, cracking his armor. "Give up now fools!"
 
"Never..." grunted Omnimon. "Garuru Cannon!"
 
"Splendor Blade!" Imperialdramon and Omnimon's attacks hit MaloMyotismon, causing the massive demon digimon to fall on his back, crying out in pain. Misfortune took note of this and frowned.
 
"Damn you all..." said Misfortune and he floated into the sky. "Let the flames of hell consume you! Terror Flare!" Like a volcanic eruption straight from hell, the ground exploded into flames, consuming Omnimon and Imperialdramon. The children cried out at the two digimon, hoping that they survived the attack, yet when the smoke and ash cleared the area, only for rookie digimon remained. "You only hope is lost, and now you will pay the ultimate price!"
 
"Not so fast!" Three figures jumped down from a cliff behind the Destined, it was Hayru, Nicole, and Devin with their partners. Nicole walkled over to Aiden with her Black Metal Garurumon.
 
"Aiden, wanna give darkness another try? Yet this time to fight against evil?" asked Nicole hinting.
 
"Yes, I do." Aiden smirked, and so the next DNA Digivolution began.
 
"Black Wargreymon X DNA Digivolve to...."
 
"Black Metal Garurumon DNA Digivolve to..." Both digimon were sucked up into a black void and the void then exploded revealing the new DNA digimon.
 
"Black Omnimon!" the black DNA digimon landed infront of the Destined. "Time to die MaloMyotismon! Hell Cannon!" Gathering the energies of Hell, the cannon charged and shook as it filled with darkness. MaloMyotismon was too slow to react and he watched his doom come to him as the cannon fired off the red beam of energy, the last feeling that MaloMyotismon felt was extreme pain and the nothingness as he dissolved away. Black Omnimon turned towards Misfortune and pointed the Chaos Sword at the Devil Child.
 
"Damn these Destined!" yelled Misfortune pulling out his sword, he then looked at his sword and then back at Black Omnimon's. "...shit..." ignoring the swords Misfortune launched a barrage of shadow energy at Black Omnimon. Knowing that a DNA digimon wont go down easy, Misfortune launched a Terror Flare again, hoping that it did the job.
 
"HAHA!" laughed Misfortune, yet that laugh quickly faded as the metallic sound of a sword was heard. "This...this cannot be! Why won't you just die!" yelling frantically Misfortune fired off another volley off attacks, but they did nothing to Black Omnimon.
 
"Prepare to pay for the death of our friends!" yelled Black Omnimon as his sword began to glow red and black. "CHAOS SWORD!" Misfortune closes his eyes and waits for the final blow, and yet nothing came. He opened his eyes, and see the sword had stopped directly infront of his face. "Give up Misfortune." Black Omnimon seperated into Black Wargreymon X and Black Metalgarurumon and landed infront of the defeated Devil Child.
 
"I...I failed..." Misfortune punched the ground hard cursing silently. Everyone thought this event was over...oh how wrong they were. The clouds in the sky spun around and a portal appeared, a human walked out and floated to the ground infront of Misfortune. The Devil Child looked up and recognized who it was, he ran over to the person and then knelt. "My queen..."
 
"...you...failed me!" yelled Dream, her one uncovered eye glowing.
 
"Dream...I am sorry, I won't mess up again, I will do anything for you my queen...I love you." Misfortune grabbed Dream's hand and held it in his. Dream however frowned.
 
"Love? You love me? THATS OBSURD!" Dream laughed pulling her hand away. "I don't love failures! And you have failed me one too many times!" Misfortune was taken back by Dream's harsh words. He loved her deeply and yet she held nothing for him in her heart. "Failures..I don't need them in my life...so die!" Dream's hand dug straight into Misfortune's chest and came back out covered in blood. She laughed wickedly and vanished.
 
"What just happened?" asked Kari confused.
 
"We just witnessed a broken heart..." said Matt. They watched as Misfortune stared at his wound, a small smile formed on his face.
 
"I loved her..." said Misfortune, the bottom half of his body already fading. "No...I still love my beauty...my queen...I will always love her...and now I can say...I died for her...even if it was at her own hands...I will...always love...you....Dream....my...queen." Misfortune's body finally faded completely away, leaving the Destined behind in the World of Wishes. Out of respect for their enemy, they stayed silent for ten minutes before deciding to move on. No one really understood why Dream would kill one her own, she wouldn't have the time to replace him, or any of the other Devil Children for that matter. Even for evil, killing their own was low, and one that could feel love, one that wanted to live a normal life, and one that wished for love, all of them died a tragic death, and yet they should all be remembered.
 
*****
 
After taking a short break, Aiden used the power of Devil again to open another portal. They all entered and came out to another world. Before them was a wasteland of darkness. Massive chuncks of land floated around in chaotic space, and in center was a their final destination, a daunting tower, made from blackened stone and twisted iron, the Tower of Dispair.
 
 
A/N: WOO-HOO! Another chapter done. It needs some work, just like everything, but hey thats ok? The story is coming to a close soon, about two more chapters to go. I would like to thank Invader Kenny again, he helped me with the idea for Misfortune's death scene.
 
Next Installment:
 
Chapter Seventeen-Dream's Final Nightmare-
The faceoff with the Queen of the Digital Abyss, battle that no one will ever forget.