Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digital Revival Diaries ❯ Entry 1: Destiny Revived ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Digital Revival Diaries

Entry 1: Destiny Revived

By Kyle Evanick

Digimon belongs to Toei Animation Inc., Saban Entertainment, Fox Kids and Disney. They are used without consent. Lizramon belongs to me. The characters that I don't own belong to Lord Archive, Lady Iapetus, or Shaun Garin. This universe belongs Archive; I'm just using it.

-------------------

"Hi, Stacey." Kyle greeted as he and Lizramon entered the room. Lizramon was a three and a half foot tall rookie digimon. Like V-Mon, he had five digits (fingers and thumb); his skin was covered in bright green scales, and a tail. His tail was furry, and very white except for the blue circles on his tail. His ears were folded back like a V-mon, and his feet were likewise similar. His purple eyes showed a sarcastic demeanor as he huffed impatiently on the floor.

Kyle was the opposite, a serious teen who rarely showed his true nature. Though he very often joked around on other matters like school, as a leader of the California Digidestined he was all business. He was wearing a green t-shirt and pants. He had short brown hair in a buzz cut and stood nearly six foot.

"Hello." Stacey muttered.

"What's up? Is there any reason why you called us here to stand like lawn ornaments? We do have important things to do, you know." Lizramon asked sarcastically.

"As a matter a fact, yes." She rose up from her seat. Stacey though almost fourteen, she had the appearance of an eighteen-year-old. She stood slightly over six foot, and had long, unnaturally blond hair. It was so bright; it looked like it was dyed gold. She was also their resident genius. "I've detected an energy reading nearby in the digital world. If it isn't checked out, there could be trouble. Perhaps a repeat of the Diablomon incident, or the Skull Greymon battle."

"Oh, man! Why do WE have to go check it out? Can't Hank or Hikaru deal with it?" Lizramon complained.

She answered gently, "The Oklahoma team don't have their partners with them. However I've contacted the Mexican team and they may send over one of their team members to assist you."

"Great. Like always, we get stuck with the tough stuff."

Kyle retorted sharply, "Lizramon! We are needed for this, so we had better get going. Digiport open!" Kyle brought his purple D-3 with a gray trim to the computer and they both were pulled in.

The virus Rookie called Otamamon waddled to her partner, "Don't you think you should have told them that the signal was from a D-3?"

"No. If there are new Digi-destined, there must be reason for it. And Kyle as our leader must accept his responsibility."

"Even if he never wanted to be leader in the first place?" her partner asked.

"Yes. Even if he never wanted to be the leader of our team," she answered.

-------------------

Ten-year old Katie Jobst stood in front of the computer holding an orange device with a white trim. So, she was one of them. A few months ago during Christmas, a few older kids with digimon attacked digimon that appeared all over the world. She in particular remembered an older teen on an angel Digimon's back. She glanced at seeing her seven-year-old brother sporting a gold version of her own D-3.

Katie looked at something on the computer called a Digiport. She screamed as they were both pulled in.

-------------------

Over in the well-done area of California, a pre-teen girl with black hair in ponytail looked over a device in her hand. It was blue with a white trim.

She barely noticed as she was pulled into the nearby computer screen.

-------------------

"Well, this is certainly unusual."

"What? Had a case of gas?" his partner quipped.

He retorted, "No. According to this scanner that Stacey made, I'm detecting three unknown digivice signals."

"What do you mean unknown?!"

"Unknown. You know, mysterious, strange. That sort of thing." he responded in sarcastic tone.

"I meant, who the hell are they? They aren't a group of Digimon Kaisers, are they? I mean Ken was bad, but three would be a HELL of a lot worse."

"We'll find out when we get there. Ken was being controlled anyway. That's why he became the Kaiser. I doubt there'd be a repeat of that."

Lizramon snorted at that, "Sure... We dragon Digimon never get the respect we're entitled to."

"When did you deserve respect?" he asked skeptically.

"Very funny."

-------------------

As the pair argued, another group was having their own problems.

"You're saying we're in a digital world?!" the girl called Lesley asked.

"No" Katie returned. "We're in the Digital World. There's a difference."

"Like how?" Lesley asked.

"I don't know! I just heard about from some kids with Digimon during the Christmas invasion! I'm just saying what they said." Katie countered.

A blur of blue slammed hard into Katie, while a small pinecone shaped creature hovered on above Lesley's head.

The pinecone snickered "Well that was subtle, Chibimon. Why not send a herd of Mammothmon too? You know because you made MORE noise than them all combined!"

Lesley glared at it. "And who are you supposed to be?"

"Minomon, in-training digimon extraordinaire. In addition, the overexcited bouncing blue ball on a sugar high is Chibimon."

At that, Chibimon and Katie stuck their tongues at Minomon.

Katie stood up and pointed to herself. "Nice to meet you. I'm Katie. The black-haired girl with an attitude is Lesley."

Chibimon grinned. "Good. Because we're your partners!"

With an expected, 'HUH?' the pair was led into an explanation.

-------------------

Elsewhere in the digital world, a young boy was becoming acquainted with a new friend.

Mushroomon on the other hand...

"Where am I?" the boy asked.

"Digital World. And you wouldn't be a human would you?" the digimon replied.

He thought about that for a second. "You mean I'm some kind of superhero? Like what happened at Christmas? And yes I'm human."

Mushroomon nodded, "Those were virus digimon who were confused and didn't know any better. You tend to see more virus digimon on this part of the Digital World, then of the other two. And since you're the first human I've seen, we must be partners."

Jesse blinked "Huh?"

He waved his hand. "Forget it. Let us just see if anyone else is over here. Maybe more partnered digimon are here. Then maybe we can leave to go to your world."

"OK, let's go."

-------------------

It wasn't long before Kyle and Lizramon caught up with Lesley's group, skepticism included.

Lizramon eyed Lesley, "You mean, you know this psycho girl?"

Kyle rolled his eyes, "Lizramon, she goes to the same church as my brother and me. Katie is the new pastor's daughter, and Lesley is the sister of a friend at church. And she is not psycho."

Lizramon responded immaturely, "Well, sorry! I guess even someone with my good looks and charm forgets things. Though that Lesley girl is kind of hot." Kyle rolled his eyes at his comment.

Before anyone could react, Lesley's foot connected to his head sending him sailing several feet.

Katie smirked, "Did we forget to mention she has a short temper? Well, she does."

"Sure, you tell me now..."

As Lizramon got up, Kyle looked at the two. Lesley had medium-length black hair, a green jacket with an insect insignia on it, a black t-shirt, dark blue gloves, black pants and brown boots. Katie had a blue t-shirt, short blonde hair, white shorts, and green boots.

Kyle looked at the pair oddly, "You two weren't wearing that when you came here, did you? Those clothes look like something from an anime show."

Katie shook her head, "Nope. These clothes appeared when we came to the Digital World."

Lesley looked at him, "That's normal? Our clothes looking like we came out of a bad anime show?"

Kyle sighed; he had a feeling things weren't going to get easy. "Though not very common, it is possible for Digidestined to have different clothes in this world than what they were wearing."

"Really?"

"Yes, both the London and second Odaiba Chosen have been like that." he replied.

"Huh?" the two of them asked puzzled.

"It's a long story, I'll explain later. Right now we have to find the other Digidestined, before some Digimon thinks he's lunch," he remarked.

Katie slapped herself. "That's right! We have to find my brother Jesse!"

-------------------

A distance away, a Guardromon smirked evilly.

"Now this is fun."

However, machines like Guardromon typically weren't evil, this one loved to pick on the small and meek. He turned spotting a human and a Mushroomon off to the side.

-------------------

Lizramon sniffed the air slightly, "Hey! I smell a Digimon. Over by the woods."

As soon as he said that, a large tree-like Digimon called Woodmon jumped out of a pair of bushes with Jesse on his back.

The pair of in-trainings jumped in front of their partners. "Chibimon evolve!" Chibimon grew from six inches to 3 feet as she grew to a 3-foot blue lizard. "V-mon!"

"Minomon evolve!" The pinecone grew slightly as she became a large caterpillar. "Wormmon!"

V-Mon charged into the mammoth tree. "V-mon Head!"

The tree dodged the two rookies narrowly. "Hey! I'm not evil! Jesse's my partner!"

The group paled at that. Lizramon chuckled, "Sorry, about that, but give us some warning next time. Why were you hiding, anyway?"

Woodmon spoke, "From Guardromon. He's been picking on us, since we've been looking for you! Even at Champion level, we still couldn't stop him. He went after us just because we're here."

Kyle had a puzzled look on his face. This partner digimon knew a good deal about the Digimon. Such as the names and even level. Most partners appeared as if they were freshly born, only knowing their own name and sometimes even their partner's name, though no one ever understood how. He didn't have more to think about the situation as a large mechanical robot smashes through the trees.

"You know how some people hate to say, 'I told you so?'" Lizramon started.

"Don't EVEN say it."

The robot grinned. "Take this! Destruction Grenade!" A volley of missiles with smiley faces on them, shot out.

Thinking quickly, Kyle pushed the two girls hard on the ground. "Ouch! That hurt!" Katie and V-Mon groaned.

Wormmon quipped, "It's rock, it is SUPPOSED to hurt." Moving off to side, Lesley pulled out her D-3. "Wormmon evolve!" A light grew around her, as her body became that of a giant praying mantis. Her arms had metal blades on them. "Snimon!"

Another missile attack hit Woodmon hard, causing him to revert to Mushroomon.

Katie cried out, "Jesse look out!" Recklessly she jumped into the next attack. V-Mon began glowing. "V-Mon evolve!" She grew to three meters, had claws on her hands and feet, and had a V on her chest. "V-Dramon!"

Lizramon was about to evolve when Kyle held him back. "Wait. Let's see how the new guys do first."

"New guys?" he teased.

"Forget it."

V-Dramon jumped into the air and slammed hard on Guardromon's head. "Ow! That could've gone better."

Snimon chuckled. "Let a pro show you how it's done. Shadow Sickle!" Twin energy beams shot form Snimon's blades sending the robot flying into the trees.

Lesley smirked, "The winner by TKO, Snimon! Let's give her a round of applause, people."

Katie sighed, "Is he really down, or just faking it?"

Kyle scanned over the battlefield. "Nope. He's knocked out for at least two hours." Pulling out a piece of paper, he gave it to the three of them.

"This has the email address of me, Koushiro's Message Board of various Chosen and Digi-destined, and the address of where we can meet so we can talk about your role as a Digidestined. How did you know you were a Digi-destined, anyway Jesse?" he spoke.

He shrugged, "Mushroomon told me."

Kyle and Lizramon fell down from shock. "Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer."

He led them all to a TV. "This is where you can leave the Digital World. You enter through a computer at home saying 'Digiport open'. You leave in the same way. Why don't we meet at that address tomorrow?"

Lesley nodded. "Sure. Digiport open!"

The three of them were then pulled straight into the screen. "Now that's taken care of, I have a few things to discuss with our resident genius."

-------------------

Dear Diary, I cannot believe I have a Digimon! Just like the kids from the 02 Invasion. V-Mon is quiet, but has strength. I also made some friends on the message board. One is girl named Joan from Paris. Another is from Oklahoma named Lisa. I hope someday I can meet them.

I just hope I don't let Kyle or the other old members down.

-------------------

Authors Notes: Joan is from Rose Diaries by Lady Iapetus and Lisa is from Lord Archive. Hikaru belongs to Shaun Garin. 'Nuff said. I also don't live in California, so any info about the area would be greatly appreciated.

Upcoming Entry: Revival Diaries 2

Welcome to our Nightmare: The new members learn what is to be expected of them and that it's not fun and games.