Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Frozen In The Darkness ❯ Betrayal ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: I don't own digimon. Well, I wish I did, but i don't. Oh, well. Hope you like it!
in the Darkness:Betrayal

Davis walked into Kari's room. He saw her working on the computer that Tai gave her. "Hey, Kari."
Kari turned around, "Hi, Davis."
"You ready to go to the digital world?" Davis asked
"Yeah, I already got the portal ready to go."
Davis and Kari held their D-3's up to the computer screen, "Digi-port open!"
A ray of light covered the room as they entered the computer.
Davis landed head first, Kari on her feet. "Man, I gotta work on my landings."
Kari looked at a tall, dark castle in the distance while Davis got up. "How can he still be alive"
"Who are you talking about?" Davis asked.
"Myotismon," Kari whispered.
"What?!?!? I thought we got rid of him three years ago!" He yelled
"I guess not. Gennai told me certain digimon had the ability to come back up to five times. If it's true, then he's on his last life. If we kill him this time, he'll only be able to come back by controlling a human body."
"Whoa, you mean like he did last time?"
"I think so. You'll have to ask Gennai, he's the expert on these things."
Suddenly, a dark figure flew out of the high tower of the castle. As it approached Kari and Davis, it threw a net over them. "Now you'll join your friends and watch as that girl dies."
Kari and Davis struggled to get free as Myotismon walked towards them. He laughed, "It's no use, you fools." He lifted the net off of them and ordered two Bakemon to take them to the castle.
Once they were inside, they we taken to the dungeon. Kari was thrown in, then Davis after they were through tying him up.
"Kari, Davis!" Ken yelled in relief.
"What happened to you guys?" Davis asked
"We traced this weird signal back to this castle." Yolei explained.
"Why's Kari not tied up?" T.K. asked.
Myotismon walked in with a glowing, red whip in his hand. He ordered five Phantomon to place all the others in the far corner of the room. Kari stood alone.
Myotismon took the whip and struck her across the arm. Kari only flinched.
"You've toughened up since the last time I saw you. Now you will suffer dearly for the trouble you and your friends have caused me. The question is, whether you die quick, or slow." He smile showed the answer.
He continued whipping Kari over and over in different places. After five minutes, she fell to her knees.
Myotismon dropped the whip and walked over to her. He brought up his elbow and slammed it into the middle of Kari's back.
"Kari!" the others yelled.
Kari staggered to get up. She looked Myotismon in the eye. Malice, pleasure, and a cense of victory showed.
Kari doubled her fist and hit him in the chest with her remaining strength.
Myotismon laughed, "Is that the best you can do?" He hit Kari in the stomach with his right fist.
She doubled over and fell to her knees.
"Stop it!" Cody yelled. "You're killing her!"
"Don't worry," Myotismon told him, "once she's dead, I'll get rid of you. But don't worry, you'll die quicker than she will." He picked Kari up and chained her to the wall. He moved her hair away from her neck. She flinched at his touch.
Ken, Davis, and T.K. struggled to get free. "Anyone have anything that's sharp?" Ken asked hurriedly.
"It's futile to save her now," Myotismon told them.
Kari winced when Myotismon bit her. She took in deep breaths to try to stop the intense pain.
Ken finally started biting at the ropes.
"Yep, he's lost it," Davis commented.
Ken stopped for a second, "Do you want to save Kari or not?"
"We do Ken, but it'd take forever to bite away at these ropes," T.K. sighed.
"Look, she's dying over there! I thought you two always cared about her, seeing the way you fight over her. I'm not going to give up!" Ken snarled. He pushed himself against the wall and stood up.
Ken ran as fast as he could and slammed his body into Myotismon's back.
Kari cried out in pain for the first time as Myotismon pulled away from her. "You fool!"
Myotismon went at Ken and used his Crimson Lightning to throw him against the wall. He was knocked unconscious.
"Oh, no! Ken!" Yolei yelled.
Myotismon gave Ken a that's-what-you-get-for-messing-with-me look, then went back to Kari.
"Davis, T.K., please," Kari whispered.
"You You bastard!" Davis yelled as he used the wall to stand up. Myotismon turned around. "The reason we've gotten in your way and did all that we've done is cause that's what we were chosen for. To keep scum like you from hurting people and digimon! We were sent to keep a balance of darkness and light. Even if we die right here, right now, others like us will come to stop you. Just like last time.
"And if you wanna know who killed you last time, it was me and Ken."
Myotismon laughed, "You think I even care about last time? I would've gotten everything done that I wanted the first time" He turned to Kari, "but she had to come and ruin everything. Her and that puny cat of hers. Since I already got rid of that traitor Gatomon, all I have to do now is get rid of her."
He checked her pulse, "Just have to do one last thing now." He pointed at T.K. "Come here, you're one of the one's that I counted on finishing first, but I have different plans for you now."
T.K. got up and walked over to Myotismon. Myotismon cut the ropes and put his hand against T.K.'s heart. The room went dark for a minute. When it was bright again, Myotismon was gone.
"Well, I see that worked," T.K. said smiling.
"T.K.," Davis said walking to him, "what are you talking about?"
T.K. punched Davis, "Don't you get it yet? Myotismon is within me now! I planned this out, all because of you."
"You wanted Kari dead?!?!? I thought you cared for her!"
"No," T.K. corrected, "Myotismon is the one that wanted her dead. I'm the one who wants you dead. You always got in the way. Saying that you're Kari's boyfriend, telling all of us what to do, I finally got tired of it. I'm the one who told him to send out the signal to send us here. Don't worry about Kari, she'll survive. She'll stay here and be my slave. Same with the other three. You're the one that won't be so lucky."
Davis let the ropes drop, "Always thought skinny was good." He ran at T.K. and punched him in the chest. While he was down, Davis went and got Kari unchained.
Cody and Yolei managed to get loose and carry Ken while Davis carried Kari, "Let's go before he gets up!"
They all got out of the castle and ran to Gennai's house. All of their digimon were there. "Hey, where's T.K.?"
"Long story," Davis said as they set Kari and Ken down on the beds.
"What in the hell happened?" Gennai asked.
"Myotismon and T.K.. T.K. made a deal with Myotismon. Now Myotismon is using T.K.'s body," Davis explained.