Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Lost Love ❯ Lost Again ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Author's note: This is the sequel to "Impossible Love". Please read that before you read this. If you want to know what happens to Katrina and Tai you have to read this! Somebody asked me is Sora' s boyfriend Matt. My answer is no. In this story, you meet his girlfriend. I co-own this character with someone else. (Not telling who it is!) If you want to know their story, look out for a story called "In Between Evil and Good". Hope you enjoy this story.

WARNING: There is a part in the story that is not really suitable for kids under 10 so if you want to, you can skip that part. (It's not that NB.)

Lost Love

By Sakura Kinomoto

Chapter 1 Lost Again

"Here Katrina, let me do this."

"It's okay, Mrs. Kamiya. Let me do it. I have to do something to repay you guys. I can't just stay here without doing something."

"Oh...ok. But just only today."

Katrina smiled, and brought the dishes into the kitchen. She was use to this anyway. She and Kari always do the dishes when Mr. and Mrs. Kamiya were not home.

She have been living with the Kamiyas for nearly one year already. When Tai brought her to meet his parents, apparently they had some talk over this, and wanted her to stay with them. Just because she was living alone and might feel lonely, but she decided to stay anyway.

It might have been one of Katrina's happiest days in her life, her short life as human. Ever since a year ago she became human, she was the happiest girl in the world or even the universe.

She hope these days would never end...

Katrina was walking back home, arms full of groceries when she met Daisuke.

"Hi, Daisuke," said Katrina.

"Hey," replied Daisuke. "And I told you, just call me Davis!"

"Ok. Start all over. Hi, Davis."

Davis looked at her arms of groceries and asked, "Need help?"

"It's okay," began Katrina, but Davis grabbed two bags of groceries and started moving.

"Aren't you coming?" asked Davis, turning around.

"Yeah! Coming!"

On the way to the Kamiyas, Davis really wanted to show his feelings to Katrina, but he knew it was impossible. Katrina already has Taichi. The first time Davis saw Katrina, he was attracted to her. He wasn't sure who he liked better, Hikari or Katrina.

Katrina, on the other hand, knew all about what Davis is feeling, but of course she liked Tai better. She had to tell him her feelings.

When they arrived at the apartment building, Davis asked, "You want me to help you all the way?"

"It's okay, Dai...Davis," said Katrina but instead of getting the groceries upstairs, she put them down on the ground. "Daisuke, I want to tell you that...oh just forget about me! There's better girls than me."

"You know?" Davis asked surprisedly.

Katrina kissed him on the cheek and picked up the groceries. "Bye!"

Davis placed his hand where Katrina had kissed him. That was the first time a girl kissed ever on the cheek. "Wow..." Davis said to himself.

He pulled up his shoulders, "Find another girl, better than Kari or Katrina! Yep!"

Katrina rolled and rolled. Not finding any sign of sleepless, she sighed. She got down from the bunk bed and went out of Kari's and her room.

"Maybe a glass of hot milk would help," she muttered to herself.

She was warming the milk when she heard a door open. She looked up and saw Tai in his pajamas. Katrina blushed. It's still weird seeing him like that, not that it was her first time.

"You're not asleep?" asked Tai while he scratched his head.

"I couldn't sleep."

"Worried 'bout something?"

"Not exactly..."

"Then what?"

Katrina looked up at him and said, "You know about Davis right?"

"You mean...yeah, kinda."

"I told him my feelings today."

Tai looked surprised, "Really? How did he react to it?"

"Ok, actually."

"Well then, you got nothing to worry about!"

Katrina smiled, "I know but I still can't sleep."

Tai grinned, "I got an idea!" He wrapped his arms around Katrina from behind. "Maybe you will fall asleep in your boyfriend's embrace!"

Katrina broke away from his embrace, laughing, "Tai, get real!"

Tai smiled, "No...really. Even not in my arms, you'll have to sleep in my room. You'll wake Kari up if you always go up and down."

Katrina raised her eyebrows, "Is that an excuse?"

"Maybe, maybe not," as he said this he pushed Katrina into his bedroom and closed the door. "Sleep on the bed, I'll sleep on the floor."

"But..."

Tai took a thicker blanket and another thinner one. He laid the thicker one on the ground and got a pillow from the bed. He laid down on his "bed" and said, "Go to sleep now, Kat. Goodnight and sweet dreams."

Katrina was about to close her eyes when she heard Tai said, "Wait."

Tai got up from his "bed" and came beside her. He pecked her on the cheek and said, "Good night, dear one."

Katrina blushed and buried her head in the pillow.

Again Katrina rolled and rolled, not finding any sign of sleepiness. She sat up and stared at Tai, who was already fast asleep. As she watched, Tai flung away his blanket and curled up a little because of the cold.

Katrina smiled and got up. She kneeled down beside Tai and picked up the blanket, placing it back on him. She was about to get up when Tai caught her waist with his arms.

"Kat..." Katrina heard him whisper.

Tai pulled her down beside him. He held her tight, not letting her go. Katrina managed to get her arms out and got the blanket covering them both.

Katrina felt the sleepiness overcoming her making her fall asleep. Maybe Tai's right after all.

Eyes fluttering open, Kari looked around. She thought she heard Katrina going out of the room but not coming back. She got up from the bed and looked at the upper bunk. Katrina weren't there!

Kari quickly changed and went outside of her room. Nobody was out of their room. Her parents were gone already, their bedroom door wide open. Nobody's in the washroom. The only place Katrina could be is...in Tai's room.

Kari crept slowly to Tai's bedroom door and opened it for a peek. Nobody was on the bed, but there was two people on the floor...Katrina and Tai. Kari smiled and closed the door.

Katrina blushed. She totally forgot she was in Tai's arms. She gently pushed away his arms from her waist and got up.

She quickly got out of the room and closed the door behind her. She looked up, facing the TV, saw Kari sitting in front of it. She then blushed again.

"Hey Kat! Had a good rest? Or a dream about Tai?"

"Kari!" Katrina' s face was now as red as a ripe tomato. Katrina ran towards their room to change and to hide from Kari.

Kari just giggled.

Tai sat up from his "bed". Someone was sleeping with him. Not now but...before. He remember faintly he pulled that person down calling the person "Kat".

Was it Katrina? Tai changed his clothes and went out.

"Morning Tai!" Kari was in the making herself a breakfast. "Sweet dreams?"

"Whatcha mean?" asked Tai, confused.

"You know, Kat..."

"So Kat was sleeping with me," thought Tai. "Where's Kat?" he asked Kari.

"Room," answered Kari and went back to her breakfast.

Tai went towards Katrina' s room.

While in Katrina' s room, Katrina was shaking uncontrollably on her bed. She was holding her right wrist staring at her hand, so familiar yet so strange. On the floor was a pen.

This wasn't the first time this happened. It happened many times before. One second she was holding the pen, the next second it drops on the floor. She never knew what happened before, but now she knew.

The hand she was staring at was no normal hand, it was kind of see through. It was the spirit form of her hand. Was she turning back to a spirit!?

Knocking was heard at her door. It must be Tai. She looked at her hand again. It was back to normal. What was happening?

Katrina got up and opened the door. There stood Tai. She guessed right, it was him.

"Um...Kat? Last night..."

"Calm it Tai! I'm still a virgin!" joked Katrina.

"You're not mad or anything?" asked Tai nervously.

"Why should I be?" smiled Katrina, walking out the bedroom door. She won't tell Tai about this, she turning back to a spirit. He'll be so upset and emotional. "I'll talk to Via..." thought Katrina.

Via Mihara was Matt' s girlfriend. They knew each other since the Digidestined were fighting Myotismon. She was once used by Myotismon to fight the Digidestined, but Matt saved her from evil's grip. She, obviously, knew all about the Digital World and Katrina. She was one of Katrina' s friends and the person she talks to often for advice like...things...um...Tai problems. Now would be spirit problems.

The doorbell rang on Via' s door.

"Katrina?"

"Via, we have a more serious problem to talk about."

"You sound sad. What's the matter?"

Katrina couldn't hold it anymore. She broke down crying. Hard. "Via...I might...turn back to a...spirit...forever...away...from...Tai and...you guys...what should I...do?"

Via looked shocked. "Katrina, stop crying! What are you talking about? Turning back to a spirit? How do you know?"

"Sorry, that wasn't my usual self."

"I can see that," Via raised her eyebrows.

Katrina stopped crying and giggled, "You always raise your eyebrows like that."

Via smiled, "I like it. See I made you giggle."

"I'm worried." Katrina got serious again. "I don't want to leave Tai and you guys. Especially Tai...I...you know. One second I'm holding the pen, the next I'm not. Then I'd find it on the ground or floor. I just don't know what to do."

"I think you should tell Tai. That way you guys can talk about this together." Via paused. "That's how Yamato and I talk about things that bother us."

"I see...I'll think about it." Suddenly Via thought she saw Katrina had an evil glint in her eye.

"So Via...how are you and Matt? Come on...tell otherwise I'll..."

"Katrina!"

"Tickle you!"

"Oh yeah! How about you and Tai?"

"Oh, you little!"

The apartment filled with the two girls' laughter and problems were forgotten...for now.

"Come on Tai, answer the phone!"

Via was holding the phone, looking really desperate.

"Hello?"

"Tai! Finally! Don't you ever listen to your cell phone? It could be an emergency."

"Now what?"

"What do you mean 'Now what'? Don't you care about Katrina? Now what? Geez!"

"What? What happened?"

"Katrina just fainted on the way back home. Good thing I was by her side. Otherwise...Tell you what Tai?"

"What!?" Tai was getting really desperate.

"Katrina' s turning back to a spirit," Via said quickly.

"What!?"

"Stop saying 'What'! I said Katrina' s turning back to a spirit!"

"How is that possible?"

"Who the freakin' care if it's possible or not! Just get back to your apartment Tai Kamiya!"

Crash!

Tai rushed into Katrina' s and Kari' s room. Katrina was lying down on the lower bunk, apparently sleeping.

Tai looked at Via and Kari who was behind him, "So what's happening?"

Via pointed, "Look at her arm."

He looked and guess what he saw? The arm was nearly transparent, he was familiar with it. The spirit form of her arm.

He couldn't believe this was happening. Like she's only been human for what? Around a year and she's turning back to a spirit? Is there a way he could help her?

"Do you think I can help?"

Kari questioned, "What do you mean Tai? We don't even know what's happening to her. How can we help? We have to figure out what's happening first, then we can help."

"Well sorry! I can't wait! You know how helpless I feel? Sis, I want to help."

Via interrupted, "Well, Tai. We all want to help. How about this...I'll call Izzy then maybe he can figure it out, since he's such a genius."

Tai calmed down a little, "You're right, Via. Call Izzy, he'll know what to do. Wait, call the whole gang. Maybe they can help in other ways." He threw his cell phone at Kari. "Here sis, you can help too."

Kari caught the phone. "Sure!"

Suddenly the computer turned on, and the Digiport came on.

"What?"

A light appeared and shone on Katrina. Then...she was gone.

Await for

Chapter Two Eternal Love!!

Forgot the Disclaimer: I don't own any characters except for Katrina and Via, who I co-own!! (Um...only Via is co-own.)