Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Mating Season ❯ Rebirth ( Chapter 17 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 17: Rebirth

Anubimon stood silently watching the village from afar. His mind was caught in despair trying to hold back the evil trying to control him within. Within the once proud ruler dwells an evil that even he cannot hold back. An evil so vile that it has a mind of its own and is not even apart of him, yet, he cannot help but see it in his mind. He hates what has happened to him, but he sees that nothing can be done about what has happened already. Anubimon looked down at his human-like hands and thought about how much he is different from all those years ago, when he was a normal digimon, not some product of a Matrix Evolved insanely powerful digimon. 'What have I been turned into?' He looked at his gold-cased hand, 'How, how did I let him do this to me?'

Because you wanted me to. That's why you are the way you are. You, excuse me, we hold this incredible power that no one has. You, one of the strongest digimon in the Digital World fused with me, the best Digital bounty hunter to ever be in this world.

'I did not want you. I never wanted to share power with such an evil presence as you. I was better off without you.'

You were blind, an ignorant animal that cannot see anything useful even if it struck you in the face. Don't be like the rest of the Digimon population, dumb as a pile of bricks, never seizing the opportunity to become powerful! I helped you see the light; or may I say darkness. This power is all thanks to me. This shell, this, this body, such an untapped resource. And to watch it go to waste, with such an ignorant mind to guide it as I lay dying. Be thankful you have me now.

'Shut up! This is why the human race is so inferior! You are the reason I hated humans from the beginning! So much evil lies within your sick minds and black hearts, you and your race have no integrity and honor! If anything is a waste, it's the matter that went into making you and the rest of those damn humans!'

That's the way. Build that hate towards humans. And look, what's that we see down in that village? Another one of those rotten, dishonorable humans stealing the one love you had! Think Anubimon! Power is given to the ones who crave it, desire it, and pursue it. I was the only human bright enough to use such power to his advantage. The rest of the human race is exactly how you described it, inferior! Dishonorable!

'You're the worst out of all of them, you sick, sick bastard! Even Rena's human lover is not as sick as you! How dare you attempt to use my power for your selfish deeds and desire for revenge!'

If you don't work with me, Anubimon, I shall just take this shell and become the strongest being in this World! I gave you a chance to help become the strongest in both worlds, but you ignorant as ever, pass the chance because of your emotions. Emotions, feh! Still a weakness in both worlds! YOUR BODY WILL BECOME MY SHELL!

Anubimon's conscious went black. Again, the Digimon side of Anubimon was being locked within his own mind and the demented mind of the dead Yakuzo reigned over the powerful being of Pharaoh Anubimon. Once again, Anubimon was gone and the darkness from within had control of an Ultimate-level digimon. "Its time to put an end to this Digimon and human relationship, once and for all!" He pulled out a mysteriously glowing orb from within his robe. It was no bigger than his palm, but it grew a dark red, "and this will help me."

~*~

The sun rose slowly over the city of West Shinjuku. Teenagers dragged along the streets of the busy city towards their schools. Ryo Akiyama walked outside of his family's rented apartment door, a bag strapped to his back and ready for another torturous day of school. He looked out towards the horizon to see the sun slowly rise. He shaded his eyes and saw the school in the distance. He sighed and made his way down the flight of stairs in his complex to start his long journey to school. But school was the last thing on his mind, 'today's the day I become a father,' he thought a little more, 'and I find myself going to school. Gods, why do I have to go to school on a day like this! I don't understand!' He made it to the bottom of the steps; someone called out his name. He turned around to see that Takato Matsuda stood a distance away. The lower-classman Matsuda ran up to the upper-classman Akiyama and greeted him good morning.

"So today's the day," Takato said, oddly having more energy than he usually has in the morning, "the day where you become a father."

"Yep," Ryo smiled at the thought of him being called "a father," "I'm really excited, but my parents still force me to go to school, and this is one of the biggest days of my life!"

Takato laughed at the comment, and soon Ryo too joined in on his own quip. They both regained their composure and Takato turned to face the path they walked on, "That's great, I hope the baby's healthy."

"I do too," Ryo agreed, "I probably said this way too many times, but I don't really know how to be a father."

"Don't worry Ryo-kun," Takato assured his older friend, "you'll do fine. You can handle a digimon, so I think you can handle a kid."

"Those are two completely things Takato-kun," Ryo turned to Takato, "that's like comparing apples to oranges."

"Well, in any case, you'll get through it," Takato assured him again, "besides, we did save the world without parents right?" They both began to laugh again as they walked closer and closer to school.

"You haven't been through what I've been through," Ryo said, and then laughed out loud again with Takato. Talking to Takato helped Ryo relax a bit. He knew it was going to be a wild day, and this was just the beginning.

~*~

Robert McCoy knocked softly on the wood-oak door to Alice's room. He knew she was probably still sleeping, but he knew today is the day that would change the lives of not just his granddaughter, but the lives of the Tamer's forever. He knocked ever so slightly, 'Alice never really did do anything so farfetched, but now it's the day she's scheduled to give birth, and to a half-human to boot! How did she get to a point like this, where she's giving birth to a half-digimon. Maybe I didn't spend enough time with her.' The elder McCoy knocked slowly again, realizing what he was thinking, 'Rob! What are you thinking! This is a blessing, not a curse! You're going to be a great-grandfather, and your granddaughter will be happy again, like she was when her parents were still alive.' He heard a mumbling coming from within the room, giving him the signal to enter. Rob entered into the dark room, with just a few rays of light peeking through the cracks in her gray curtains. "Good morning, Alice," he quietly greeted his granddaughter, "You know what today is."

"Yeah," she quietly and sleepily said, "it's going to be one of the best days of my life."

"Well, its time to get up," Rob sat by her bed and softly placed his hand on her blond hair, "today is the big day when you become a mother." He got up and opened tow curtains to reveal a bright light, lighting up the now white room with illuminating yellow sunlight. Rob turned around and noticed the physical change in his granddaughter. "I see that the pregnancy is starting to show."

Alice sat up slowly, feeling the lump between her chest and lower abdominal area, "I guess it is starting to show, and I can feel Atsuiko inside me now." Alice rubbed her stomach and a smile crept along her face, "So it's not a dream, I am going to be a mother."

Rob walked over to his granddaughter again and took a seat beside her and put his arm around her, "Yes, its true, you are going to be a mother. And a great one at that." Alice looked at her grandfather and leaned up against him, as if he was a wall of comfort, her hand still resting upon her unborn baby.

~*~

Juri Katou started to stir out of her drowsiness, slowly rising from her slumber. She sat up all the way and rubbed the sleepiness out of her eyes trying not to fall back asleep. She knew the importance of this day, and she was anticipating it, but she felt something different from today and the other days. At first, she was a bit worried because she felt different, but she looked down at her abdomen and found out she was starting to show. Katou smiled excitedly as she ran her hand across the swollen abdomen. She walked out of the dimly lit room to a brighter hall. 'It has been a while since I actually got to sleep at home. It feels good.' Juri thought to herself, 'and daddy accepts his granddaughter now. Everything is starting to turn good.' She walked slowly down the hall, ever so slowly so she would not harm her unborn daughter. She made it out to the living room and kitchen, where she found her father cooking breakfast.

"Good morning sweetheart," Tadashi Katou gave a smile that Juri still was not used to seeing first thing she wakes up, but it was a nice change, "I see that the baby is finally starting to show."

"Yeah," Juri slowly sat down in the dark wooden chair at the breakfast table, still protecting her abdomen from any harm that may happen to it, "Finally, but at least I won't have to go through all that torture of lugging around Keishinko in my stomach for months." Juri giggled at her own joke. Soon Tadashi gave a slight chuckle at the joke.

"Well, today is the big day," Tadashi walked over to the table holding a plate of eggs and bacon, "Juri, you're going to become a responsible adult and parent. I know I can trust you to be both."

"Thanks dad," Juri said, "and Ryo will be there to help me too. So daddy, you have nothing to worry about."

"Yeah," Tadashi sighed, "Ryo."

"Don't worry daddy," Juri leaned over and hugged her father, "your still number one." Juri smiled like she was five again. Tadashi couldn't help but smile. Juri went back to eating her breakfast and the rest of the meal was quiet.

'She has not smiled like that ever since her mother died,' Tadashi thought as he took a sip of his coffee, 'this child truly will make her happy. And I almost took that away from her. I can't believe I almost did that to her.'

~*~

'I can't believe those kids are going to have children already,' Karen thought, 'and with digimon. That's incredible! How could they do all of that before they're even 15 years old?' Karen walked slightly slower, getting lost deeper in her thoughts. 'Wow, falling in love with a digimon and even bearing a child, I wonder," the brown haired girl looked up in the sky and started to think about her own digimon lover Devidramon. "What would it be like?"

"What would what be like?" a voice asked from behind. Karen turned around startled by the unexpected response. She saw Kenta staring at her, still waiting for an answer.

"What? Oh, nothing, I was just…" Karen blushed a deep hue of red. She asked herself intimate questions thinking no one would be around, and she was caught by one of her new friends, "thinking."

"Okay," Kitagawa walked up to her and they both started for school like nothing ever happened. Kenta thought it would be better if he left the subject untouched, although he really wanted to know what she was talking about. "Today's the day Juri and Ryo's baby and Alice's baby will be born. I was thinking of ditching school to hang around the hospital when they're giving birth so I can be one of the first ones to see the kids, but my mom didn't approve and threatened me if I didn't go to school. And she would kill me if she found out I was absent from school."

"Oh," Karen said, almost like she was not even listening to what Kenta was saying.

"Karen?" Kenta looked at her face, "you okay?"

"What?" Karen looked up from her deep thought about children and digimon. She smiled, "Oh, sorry Kenta. I was thinking about the kids too, like what if me and Devidramon had one."

Kenta's eyes widened, "Well, if you think you would want to. But I personally don't really like the idea of having a kid before marriage," Kenta started walking slowly, Karen following, "or even before the age 20 for that matter. But Jenrya, Juri, Ryo, and Alice made their decision and they truly love that digimon they had sex with, so I guess it was okay. Still, I wouldn't do that."

"Oh," Karen started to get lost in her own thought again after Kenta said what he said, 'I love Devidramon so much. But Kenta's right, 15 is too young to have sex, no matter who it is.'

"Besides," Kenta turned to Karen and smiled, "we're only teenagers once right? So, why would you want a child when you're still kind of one."

"Are you saying I'm childish?" Karen stopped and placed her fists on her hips and stared at her friend with a playing-anger look. Kenta had sweat dropping from his forehead, "Just kidding, Kenta." Karen laughed out loud and Kenta chuckled, "Lets get to school. We're almost late!" And with that, the two teenagers jetted to school, racing against each other and trying to beat the first morning bell.

~*~

Ruki Makino stood outside of one of the huts the group occupied and stared at the vast horizon. 'Renamon's giving birth today,' the orange-haired teen thought, 'ironic. When I first met her, she was just a fighter. Renamon had no other life than fighting and serving me as a digimon, but now, she's having a child with a human no less. We sure have been through a lot, and this is probably going to be the hardest challenge we will ever face.' Makino looked back into the hut where Renamon and Jenrya slept, sound asleep, in each other's arms. Ruki noticed Renamon was starting to show. 'So, its just a matter of hours now.' Ruki slowly backed out of the hut as to not wake the couple up. 'I miss the real world. Its food, its fresh air, and I miss Takato.' She looked up at the sky, 'once we get that insane digimon off his high horse, and Renamon and Lee's kid is born, I hope we can return.' Just then, Ruki heard a mumbling come from inside the hut. Jenrya stumbled out of the hut, still half asleep.

"Oh, good morning Ruki," Jenrya leaned against the door frame and rubbed his eyes to get the sleepiness out, "you're up early."

"Yeah," Ruki looked out at the horizon once again, "this is the big day, huh?"

"Sure is," Jenrya reached up and grabbed the frame of the door to stretch, "I'm going to be a father, and Renamon's going to be a mother, and you are going to be an aunt."

Ruki smiled at the remark, "Pretty incredible what all of us have done. I mean, we save both worlds, and your having a child before your even 15."

"What a ride," Jenrya said, keeping everything positive, "it has been incredible, but it's far from over. The way I see it, things have really just begun. Besides, we still got today to live through and we have to avoid Pharaoh Anubimon at all costs.

Ruki nodded, "Yeah, but I got a feeling about today."

"We'll see what happens," Jenrya turned around to face the still sleeping Renamon, "I see she's starting to show."

"I noticed that too," Ruki turned to face the sleeping Tao Fox as well, "did you decide what you will name your son?"

"Kitsune," Jenrya replied, smiling, "it's a perfect name for him."

"Isn't that a girl's name?" Ruki asked, "People with the name Kitsune are usually girls."

Jenrya sweat-dropped, "Well he's different of course."

Ruki laughed, "I'm just joking, that's a good name for him. Kitsune Lee."

"I still can't believe this day is here," Jenrya said, "it's been so long since I first realized I love Renamon. And now we're having this child." Ruki could just nod at the remark. So much has transpired in just a short time that she herself could not believe it. "Looks like we only got the future to look forward to." With that said, Ruki and Jenrya walked off to let Renamon sleep in peace.

~*~

Hirokazu ran into the classroom late. He hated the class he just ran into, but he also did not want to ditch the whole class. His teacher stopped him dead in his tracks before he could reach his seat. "Mr. Shiota," the teacher stood in his way. Hirokazu sheepishly looking down, then up at his teacher's intimidating face, "You're late again."

"Sorry, Mr. Onizuno," Hirokazu scratched the back of his head nervously, "bad habit I guess."

Mr. Onizuno leaned forward so close to Hirokazu that Hirokazu himself started to bend back to try to avoid contact. The teacher's eyes sharpened, "It's a very, very bad habit. And it also gets on my nerves." Hirokazu tried to avoid eye contact, but he could not. "Get to your seat." Hirokazu quickly hurried along to his seat. The class was silent, as if they were scared of what just happened to Hirokazu.

Soon, one of his classmates leaned over to Hirokazu, "dude, that sucked."

"I know," Hirokazu whispered back, "why does he pick on me?"

"Don't know, dude," his classmate whispered, "I'd try to stay out of his way if I were you."

"Hell no," Hirokazu whispered a little louder, "I need to know why the hell he keeps picking on me!" he whispered hoarsely and angrily.

"Mr. Shiota!" Mr. Onizuno said loudly. Quickly the classmate talking to him jerked around quickly. Hirokazu was left in the open, "First, you're late, now you keep interrupting class. Now, stop it!"

"But I…" Hirokazu tried to say, but was cut off again.

"No excuses," Mr. Onizuno said. Shiota mumbled something under his breath, "What did you say Mr. Shiota?"

"Nothing…" Hirokazu tried to say.

"Do not lie Mr. Shiota," Mr. Onizuno snapped, "Step outside. You and I shall talk about this after class." With that, Hirokazu silently got out of his seat and stood in the hall to serve his punishment.

~*~

Juri sat silently on the couch thinking about when her contractions would start. 'When are they going to start?' Juri sat anxiously, but quietly, 'I know it's going to hurt, but this is killing me!' Juri closed her eyes to try to calm down, 'Wow, I'm going to be a mother. It's happening so quickly.' She rubbed her abdomen lightly. 'Keishinko Katou,' Juri ran the name through her head again, 'daughter of a Legendary Tamer with the heart of a lion beating within.' She thought. Suddenly, she had a strange feeling within her, and then suddenly, she felt pain. "Oh, it's coming," she yelled, "I'm going into labor!"

~*~

Jenrya and Ruki sat up against the wall of the mud huts, waiting patiently for the events of the day to pick up. The mood around them was solemn, but they were both excited, but also scared. Ruki turned to see the story that Jenrya Lee's face told. Since he woke up, he was solemn, smiling every once in a while, and his spontaneous smiles puzzled Ruki. Although puzzled, Makino hinted that the reason he would smile every once in a while was that this was the day he was waiting for months. Lee's smile faded once again, and the solemn face once again took over. "Hey, Lee, what's wrong?" Ruki finally had the courage to ask.

Lee turned to his female friend, "Oh, I've been thinking," Jenrya continued, "what if the things my dad and Mr. Mizuno said were true, and there is no way to save the baby." Lee looked down on the ground, "but I think, there is a way, and I can picture my son looking up at me, smiling and I know then that everything's going to be all right."

"Everything will turn out alright," Ruki reassured, "everything will. The bond Renamon and I share tell me these things. I have always trusted it, and I'm going to trust it right now." Lee looked up at Ruki and smiled once again, Makino gave a reassuring smile. Janyuu Lee walked out of another hut, rubbing his eyes as he just woke up.

"Good morning dad," Jenrya looked up at his elder.

"Morning Jen," Janyuu looked down at his son, and then turned to Ruki, "Morning Ruki." Ruki greeted the elder as well, "So today's the day Jen."

"Yeah," Jenrya smiled up at his dad, "its just a matter of time. But Renamon's still sleeping."

"That's alright," Janyuu walked off somewhere for a moment, then came back a few minutes later, "Shibumi and I found out how the child will live, and live healthy for that matter."

"Really? How?" Jenrya shot up from his sitting position and starting asking questions at a fast pace. Janyuu calmed his son down.

"Whoa, relax Jen, I'll tell you everything," Jenrya settled down, and Janyuu was about to tell the details until Shibumi ran from behind the hut. All three of the humans looked up at Shibumi, who was calm, but was also excited.

"It's time." Shibumi simply said. Ruki, Janyuu, and especially Jenrya knew what was happening. Jenrya forgot all about what he and his father were talking about. All three of them followed Shibumi.

~*~

Ryo sat in class, unable to concentrate on his work or the lecture going on right now. His leg shook up and down uncontrollably and he chewed on his pencil, letting the words from the teacher's mouth fly right past his head. 'It's 1:00, and my parents still haven't gotten me out of class. I hope Juri is okay.' The teacher continued his lecture on the end of the Feudal Era in Japan and how it impacted the rest of Japan's history, 'Damn it, I can't concentrate on class while waiting for something this big!' Ryo thought as he bit down on his pencil harder. He looked down at what he actually wrote down, and it was nothing. He sweat-dropped as he looked up at the teacher again, who continued on his lecture on the changing generations of Japan and how even a new generation was being created as they all sat in the classroom. Ryo leaned forward to stop his nervousness, but it still would not fade away. Ryo bent his neck to the side, then to another to stretch it. Suddenly, a messenger student walked into the classroom, holding a call slip. The teacher took it and looked at it, then looked around the classroom. Ryo sat in anticipation, hoping it was the note for him to exit the campus. The teacher set the call slip on his desk, and continued on his lecture. Ryo was surprised, 'That note probably has my name on it!' He felt like screaming, but he did not want to upset the teacher. "So like how the people changed from the Feudal Era, we now are changing with the Internet, computers, automatic toilets, just name anything and it probably contributed to our society. Even now, some event is probably happening to change our society again. It may be an experiment, it may be an election, and it may even be a birth of a child. For this reason, we, the human race, are never the same for even a week. Next week, we may even see a difference in people themselves, or in behaviors, or even what people they like or dislike. We may never know." He picked up the note from his desk, "Ah yes, Ryo Akiyama, you must go to the office immediately…" but before he could finish his sentence, Ryo grabbed the note and ran out of the door like a crazy man. The teacher ran out to the hall, "Hey Ryo! Stop!"

"Sorry sensei," Ryo yelled back, "but I'm late for a new generation!" He ran off, leaving his teacher puzzled.

~*~

Sagittarimon and Puttimon rested on the top of one of the huts, anticipating the arrival of their former master. They sat quietly, not saying a word to each other, just waiting for their master, so they can destroy him. "I shall defeat that tyrant within Master Anubimon and save his data!" Sagittarimon suddenly blurted out, ending the eerie silence.

"We shall," Puttimon simply added. He looked east, and saw a silhouette coming from that direction at a fast speed, "He's here. Ready yourself for battle Sagittarimon!" Sagittarimon took out his Chozo-Digizoid arrows and long, silver bow and readied himself. They took off for the eastern outskirts of the small village to welcome their old master.

They finally arrived and anticipated his arrival. Several minutes passed, and finally, their evil former master stood in front of them, face-to-face only a few meters away.

"Ah, my loyal servants," Pharaoh Anubimon spoke, with the evil being heard in his voice, "So, you have joined the ranks of my force?"

"No," Sagittarimon aimed his bow, "how dare you foreign devil! You will not put the master through torture anymore!" The burly digimon was about to fire, but Pharaoh Anubimon started to laugh.

"Your master is still here," the sadistic Matrix Digimon laughed hysterically, "but he has more power. Too much for even him to handle!"

"Bastard!" Sagittarimon fired the arrow, but Pharaoh Anubimon waved his hand and deflected the arrow easily.

"It will not be that easy to defeat me," Pharaoh Anubimon took a few steps closer, "I will not die easily."

Puttimon stepped up, "We do not care," Puttimon threw his hands to the sides, "we will defeat you with all the strength we have. Love and Fire!" A blaze formed around Pharaoh Anubimon, but again, the sadistic Pharaoh digimon waved it away. The evil digimon took more steps forward. Suddenly, there was a faint scream coming from one of the huts.

"Looks like I'm just in time for the miracle." Pharaoh Anubimon smirked evilly. He attacked "Hell Supremacy!" and millions of evil sprits flew up into the air and sent the two digimon crashing through the huts and into the heart of the village. "And I'm just in time to crush that miracle!" He stepped into the village.

"Not so fast," a voice came from the side of Pharaoh Anubimon. He slowly turned, "you aren't going near Jen or Renamon, you sick son of a bitch!" Terriermon stood there, with the two digimon standing behind him.

~*~

Hirokazu stood outside of his classroom, still serving his punishment. 'Man, I hate this teacher!' Hirokazu stared at the ground with his hands in his pockets, 'He's a bitch. I can't believe he picks on me all the damn time!' The bell rang, and the students flooded the hall for the end of school. Hirokazu sighed as he walked back into the classroom to pick up his stuff and leave the premises as soon as possible, but Mr. Onizuno stopped him before he could leave the classroom. "Mr. Shiota, we must talk about what happened today."

Hirokazu stared at the teacher for a moment, then sat down without a fight. If he did start an argument, he knew he would not be able to win, "Alright." He took a seat in one of the desks in the front row.

"Mr. Shiota," Mr. Onizuno sat down in his desk chair at the front of the classroom, "Do you have a problem with authority?"

Hirokazu could not believe he was being asked a question such as that, "Excuse me sensei?"

"Do you not listen to stronger authorities than yourself like your parents or something?" Mr. Onizuno clarified the question.

"What makes you say that?" Hirokazu answered a question with a question.

"Answer the question, Mr. Shiota," Mr. Onizuno simply said, "It is not a hard question to answer."

"No, I'll listen to authority, if that authority is reasonable," Hirokazu answered, "If the authority doesn't believe in what I believe in, then that is no authority."

Mr. Onizuno sat in his chair quietly trying to absorb the answer his problem student gave, "I see, so you are saying that I am not reasonable."

"Either that or you don't believe in what I believe in," Hirokazu rested on his forearms, "You always pick on me, always single me out, always call on me when I don't have a clue what you're talking about!"

"Do you know why I do those things to you, Mr. Shiota?" Shiota's sensei asked.

"Because I was the first one to get in trouble at the beginning of the year?" Hirokazu guessed.

"That is part of it," Mr. Shiota stood up, "The other part is because I see that you are different from your peers."

'Aw hell, he better not bring up me being gay,' Hirokazu tensed, "In what way?"

"Your problem with authority, Mr. Shiota, seems to be linked with your beliefs and what other students, and other people for that matter, think of you." Mr. Onizuno stood over Hirokazu, "I noticed that you seemed different from the rest of your students, ready to charge at anything that defies your choices."

Hirokazu tensed up even more. He never wanted to talk about his choice of relationships with a teacher, and he was hoping it would not be brought up. "I guess so," Hirokazu leaned back a little to try to relax, "I was just raised to know that I should stand up in what I believe." 'Although my parents are jerks now.' An afterthought popped up in Hirokazu's mind after what he said.

"I see," Mr. Onizuno walked up to the chalkboard and started writing "FOOTBALL" on the board, "that is an unusual trait to see in kids now and days. Usually, they abide by the rules and listen to everything the teacher says. Although I am not saying it is bad to, but the ones in histories who stand out are the ones who have a problem with authority, or even the way it goes in society."

Hirokazu started to shift uncomfortably, 'Norms in society, problems with authority, is he working his way up or what?' "Um, I'm not following Mr. Onizuno."

"Look Mr. Shiota," Mr. Onizuno walked up to him again, "You would probably not like the idea, but we need more players on the school football team, and I know you probably do not like me, but I think football will help you in better ways. You will become more of a leader and will just strengthen your uniqueness and lack of blending into the crowd."

'Why is he asking me,' Hirokazu thought. "Why are you asking me? I'm not even an athlete."

"The team is full of athletes," Mr. Onizuno said, "they can run from goal to goal without even getting tired, but none of them respect each other and they all listen to me."

"Isn't that what you want?" Hirokazu was completely lost now.

"No," Mr. Onizuno shook his head, "An obedient team does not mean they are great. They all lack heart, that fighting spirit that other teams have. All of them seem to be like drones following orders from a master computer. You can teach them differently, you can bring them together as a unit of elite soldiers, you can change that giant drone army mentality they all possess."

"So, you are asking me to take control of your team?" Hirokazu asked.

"Yes, show them that there is more to the game than just obeying the coach." Mr. Onizuno leaned on his desk, "So, Mr. Shiota, do we have a deal?"

Hirokazu stood up and looked down and the offered hand staring back at him, 'Well, it will get my parents off my back, and I can hide that whole gay thing by being a jock, so why the hell not?' he thought as he reached his hand out, "Deal."

~*~

Ryo, his foster father Kenshin, and his foster mother Yuko finally arrived at the hospital and quickly asked about the status of Juri. The nurse assisting with the delivery explained that Juri is still young to be even carrying a child, but miraculously carried and is currently going through labor. "Will she be alright?" Ryo asked, almost desperately.

"It is a bit early to tell," one of the nurses answered, "by any chance, would you be the father of the child?" Ryo nodded, "please come this way, we must talk with you." Kenshin and Yuko walked over to the waiting room.

The nurses led him to an empty room and closed the door behind them. "Mr. Akiyama, I presume, this pregnancy is different."

"I know," Ryo said.

"So you understand that your child is," the nurse paused and looked at the other nurse, "half lion."

"I understand completely," Ryo said, sweating a bit, "Our child is a special case. I'm sorry to be rude but please don't ask about it, I am more worried about my child and my girlfriend more than what I already know." Ryo opened the door and walked out of the room, leaving the two nurses in the room. He walked down the hall to the receptionist and asked for information on where Juri may be giving birth. The receptionist quickly told him and he made his way towards the room.

He finally arrived to see, and hear, Juri going to contractions and the whole labor process. He ran into the room and bent over to be by Juri's side. The doctor, a medium built man with dark short hair, looked at him, "May I ask who are you?" he asked loudly, hoping to get over the screams of the girl.

"I'm Juri's boyfriend," Ryo answered as he took the screaming Juri's hand, "and the father of this child."

"I see," the doctor rubbed his chin, "may I speak with you for a moment? Ryo nodded and followed the doctor to the hall while another nurse helped the laboring Katou. "I understand that this is a special case," Ryo nodded, "One, Juri is quite young to be pregnant, and two, your child is half digimon."

Ryo's eyes bulged slightly, "You know about digimon?" Ryo asked. The doctor nodded

"Let's just say this is not my first "special case," the doctor smiled, "I shall tell you more later, but first, we must deliver your child safely." They both entered the room again to help Juri through the labor.

~*~

Renamon screamed again as she experienced contraction. Jenrya kneeled down beside her to keep her company. "It's going to be all right Renamon," Jenrya reassured his lover. Renamon hated to be the one screaming in pain, but she had no choice, 'I never felt such an awful pain in my life, even in battle,' Renamon thought as she cringed to prepare for another contraction. She pushed more, hoping their son would come into the Digital world faster.

"You're doing great Renamon," Shibumi encouraged the Tao Fox, "keep pushing." Renamon screamed again as she tightened her fist to grab a fistful of dirt for the ground. Jenrya stayed by her side for as long as he could. Suddenly he heard Ruki, Janyuu, and the three digimon shout something outside. Ruki ran into the hut.

"Hate to take you away from Renamon Jen," Ruki breathed, "but we got big trouble outside." Jenrya kissed Renamon on the forehead and reassured that he will be back and ran outside. He saw the two former servants to Anubimon, Sagittarimon and Puttimon, and his own digimon, Terriermon, fighting Pharaoh Anubimon, but losing.

"Dad," Jenrya asked frantically, "what happened? How did he find us?"

"Apparently he knew where we were for the whole time," Janyuu explained, "He was just biding his time, waiting for the right moment to attack. Jen, you must stop him from getting near this hut!" Jenrya nodded and ran towards his digimon as well as the other two digimon.

Jenrya picked up the fatigued Terriermon, "Its all right Terriermon, I'm here," Jenrya said as he held him in his arms.

"Mo-men-tai," Terriermon weakly said, "Jen, we can defeat this crazy digimon…"

"Yeah, lets do it!" Jenrya stood up and pulled out his D-Arc. "Matrix Evolution!" The digimon-human duo evolved beyond levels, to a newly formed Matrix Evolved Ultimate digimon, Saint Galgomon. The giant green-metal behemoth stood stories above Pharaoh Anubimon. "Pharaoh Anubimon! Your reign of terror ends now! Anubimon no longer exists in the sadistic mind of yours. Prepare for battle!"

Pharaoh Anubimon chuckled, but then it grew to an insane laugh, "You will never win! You won't even touch me, incompetent fools. You have no sense of power!" He pulled out a red glowing orb and chucked it at Saint Galgomon. "Devolution!" he yelled, and then suddenly, Terriermon and Jenrya separated, Terriermon being hurt more then Jenrya. Janyuu and Ruki gasped at what happened.

"That's impossible!" Ruki stared in disbelief, "How could he…?"

"I told you I was the ultimate being," Pharaoh Anubimon smirked, "I have a strong digimon shell and the mind of a great bounty hunter who has learned how to defeat these digimon with my intelligence."

Jenrya got up, picked up the unconscious Terriermon and gave him to Janyuu, "Dad," Jenrya started, "Take care of Terriermon. And when he wakes up, tell him not to help me." Janyuu was about to speak, but Jenrya stopped him again, "I must do this on my own. He has a grudge against me, no one else. If I die, tell Renamon to take care of Kitsune, and tell Terriermon to take care of him as well. And dad," he bent down and hugged his father, "I love you." He got up, "Ruki, help my son grow up to be a strong person, physically and mentally."

"Jen! You can't fight him alone!" Janyuu yelled and started running after his son. Ruki followed not far behind, hoping to make a difference as well, but Pharaoh Anubimon threw a ball of fire on the ground, separating the elder Janyuu from his son. Jenrya looked back one more time, then walked closer to Pharaoh Anubimon.

"Pharaoh Anubimon," Jenrya said, "Leave the others out of it; I'm the one who fell in love with Renamon. I'm the one you're after. I will defeat you!"

Pharaoh Anubimon tilted his head slightly, "You? A mere human child defeat me, an Ultimate level digimon?"

A smirk crept across Jenrya's face as he walked slowly towards the insane Digimon, "I can defeat you," Jenrya stopped, "and by gods I will."

~*~

Kenshin and Yuko sat patiently in the waiting room while their adopted son went to help with his girlfriend and the birth of their daughter. The room was empty except for the two parents, no other people were in the room, and so they talked openly about the birth. "So, you think Ryo and Juri are doing alright?" Yuko asked.

"Of course," Kenshin laid back, "Ryo is more than strong enough to go through the burden of being a father waiting for a birth."

"Yeah," Yuko said, "but aren't they a bit too young to go through such stress? Especially Juri, her body isn't ready to produce a child and then give birth."

"I have faith in Juri," Kenshin reassured, "She may be a bit young, but both her and Ryo have gone through a lot. This is just another obstacle." Suddenly, Tadashi and Shizue Katou entered the quiet waiting room. "Hey Tadashi, how is everything?" Kenshin stood up and shook the bartender's hand.

"Everything's alright right now," Tadashi sighed as he took a seat with Shizue by the parents, "Juri is still going through labor and only Ryo is allowed in there since he's the father." The three parents listened as Tadashi gave the report of the current status of the laboring teen. "They said the birth is going right on schedule."

"That's a relief," Yuko gave a sigh of relief, "I was starting to get a bit worried."

"I was too," Shizue added, "its good to know they're doing alright. But what I'm worried about is if Juri's young body can take that pain."

"Me too," Yuko turned to Shizue, "I hope she'll be okay. I mean she's a bit young."

"Exactly…" Yuko and Shizue got up as Yuko was speaking and started to walk to another corner of the small room to talk. Kenshin and Tadashi sat quietly as they both watched their wives walk across to talk about Juri.

"So, it's happening," Tadashi placed his face in between his two fists, "My little girl is becoming a mother. I was hoping this whole thing was a dream I'll wake up from, but its not. It's all real."

"Yep," Kenshin said, "the children do grow up so fast." Tadashi nodded, "Ryo is becoming a man. I remember when we first adopted him," the foster father reminisced when he first saw Ryo, "he was still a kid. And now, he part of a group responsible for saving the world, and he's to become a father before 20."

"I tell you, its stressing having a daughter. And something like what is happening right now will shorten my life even more." Tadashi tried to joke around to lighten the mood both on himself as well as Kenshin. Kenshin laughed at the remark.

"I can imagine," Kenshin laughed, "Here's to being parents."

"Got that right," Tadashi remarked, "Lets see how our kids will handle it."

"I think they'll do fine." Kenshin smiled. They both got comfortable in their chairs. It was going to be a long day, and probably night as well. "It's going to be a long couple of hours." Tadashi nodded.

~*~

Lee stood in a fighter position. Pharaoh Anubimon smirked, "Prepare to die!" He rushed at him, and before Jenrya could dodge, he was slammed against the ground. Jenrya grunted as he tried to stand up again. He finally got to his feet and stood in front of Pharaoh Anubimon. The evil digimon tried to smash Jenrya again with his staff, but Lee caught it. Ruki and Janyuu watched from afar and were relieved to see Lee grab the scepter of evil. "Damn it, you come here and try to harm Renamon?" Jenrya swept around and kicked Anubimon right in the face, making the evil digimon flinch. He turned his head again and just smirked. He grabbed the staff once again and swung down on Jenrya. Ruki and the elder Lee gasped at the impact of the move.

Jenrya was knocked to the ground again. The evil Pharaoh Digimon stood over the fatigued future father. He looked down at the panting Lee; blood trickled from his forehead and from his mouth. Pharaoh smirked evilly, he had the human where he wanted him, and he was ready to finish him off, "so this is where your life ends Jenrya. Now, the Era of the Pharaoh will take place and your son will never be born!" The outer Pharaoh smiled at the victory, but the inner Anubimon despised what has happened. Jenrya's eyes cracked slightly open to see Pharaoh Anubimon raise his staff to deliver the deathblow, 'so this is it. Renamon let our son be healthy and strong. Kitsune, son, I love you.'

~*~

The parents of Ryo and Juri still waited in the waiting room. It has been hours and still no word or sign of Ryo or a nurse to tell them the news. The two wives fell asleep and the two husbands paced around to stay awake. Suddenly, they heard a girl shriek outside in the hospital hall. "It's all right Alice, you're doing great," the parents heard out in the hall. Tadashi and Kenshin walked out to see that Robert McCoy was by his granddaughter's side as they rushed the stretcher down the hall. They got to a door, and the male nurse stopped Rob, "I'm sorry sir, but you must wait outside the delivery room." Rob was about to say something, but decided not to.

"Rob," Kenshin called out, and the elder McCoy looked up to see the two elders, "did Alice just go into labor right now?"

"Yeah, we were expecting it though," Rob walked back to the waiting room with the other two fathers, "I received an email from Shibumi and he told me to start to drive Alice to the hospital, and when we got into the car, she started to have contractions."

"That's right, Renamon's having a baby too," Kenshin realized.

"Who?" Tadashi asked, puzzled.

"Renamon," Kenshin said, "Ryo told me about Jenrya, another Tamer, who fell in love with a digimon named Renamon and she's having a baby as well."

"Digimon can have babies?" Tadashi asked.

"Yes," Rob stepped in, "I'm not completely sure about it, but Shibumi is the one who found it out. He was part of a team along with me and some other programmers and he discovered this whole thing about digimon and human reproduction." Tadashi nodded, "it's a complicated subject. I don't even know all the details, but I'll see if I can describe it the best way I can." The three men took a seat in the waiting room once again and Rob told all he knew about the Digital Hybrid Theory and all the other things Shibumi told him about. The conversation went on for hours as they waited on word about either Alice or Juri and Ryo, but still no word. The conversation finally moved on.

"So, what happens after all of this children business?" Kenshin asked.

"I assume that Ryo and Juri would probably want to get married," Rob suggested. Tadashi sighed and leaned back in his chair, "What's the matter? Did I say something?"

Kenshin leaned over to Rob, "He's a bit sensitive about his daughter. I mean we've both been going through a lot these past weeks because of the pregnancies and other business. I think letting go of Juri is the last thing he would want to talk about right now."

"No, its alright Kenshin," Tadashi leaned forward, "I know its all true, although I don't want it to be. Juri and Ryo will probably want to get married. They are having a child together already."

"Well, then," Kenshin smiled, "looks like we'll technically be like brothers."

"Don't say that," Tadashi sternly said, but then smiled, "just kidding. You aren't that bad Kenshin." The three laughed together. A man walked into the room with a doctor's coat on, "Mr. and Mrs. Katou, Mr. and Mrs. Akiyama," he said as he looked over to Kenshin and Tadashi. The two husbands woke up their wives, "you can see your daughter and son now," the doctor turned, but stopped turned around to face them, and smiled, "and granddaughter."

~*~

Jenrya had his eyes shut tightly, waiting for his impending doom to be delivered, 'this is it,' Jenrya thought as he waited for the staff to strike him once and for all, 'all the things I've gone through, but now, Renamon will be safe, dad and Ruki will be safe, and Kitsune will be safe…' He had no more regrets, but he never felt the pain of death. He finally gathered the courage to open the eyes to see what was happening. He looked up, and there stood Pharaoh Anubimon, standing there shaking. Jenrya did not dare to move, and so he lay under where the staff was being held overhead, ready to plunge into Jenrya's head, able to kill the Digimon tamer instantly. "W…what?"

"Lee," Anubimon's voice yelled shakily, "get to…safety!" Quickly, Jenrya took his advice and rolled to the side and got up. He watched as the Pharaoh digimon yelled in inner turmoil. "I will NOT let you take…me…over, you sick bastard!" He dropped the staff and grabbed his head. Janyuu and Ruki watched from afar, wondering what was happening on the isolated battlefield.

"What's happening?" Ruki asked the elder.

"Don't know," Janyuu squinted to see if he could get a better view, "looks like Pharaoh Anubimon is in pain." The two then heard a shriek come from behind them, and they both knew it was Renamon still in labor. They turned around again.

"This is good," Ruki turned to check for Renamon one more time, then turned around again, "if Jen can hold off that psycho digimon long enough, Kitsune will be born and we can then take him far from the danger as well as Renamon."

Jenrya took a step closer to the sadistic digimon, "Anubimon?"

Anubimon yelled loudly and fell to his knees, "Get…out of my head!" Anubimon yelled one more time and then collapsed onto the ground, silent and inactive. The flames that once surrounded the two fighters suddenly extinguished. Sagittarimon and Puttimon ran into the former ring of flames to check on their master. Ruki and Janyuu, with the unconscious Terriermon still in his arms, ran over to the side of Jenrya, who was not badly injured.

"He isn't dead," Jenrya wiped the blood from his forehead and mouth, "if he was, he would of dissolved into data."

"We know," Puttimon replied to the human, "But he is not moving, and we do not know what is wrong."

"I think he'll be fine," Jenrya looked at the unconscious Pharaoh digimon laying on the ground, "Anubimon is in control of his own body now, but I don't know for how long."

Shibumi walked out of the hut, wiping his hands, "Jenrya, everybody," he called out to get their attention. Ruki, Janyuu, and Jenrya walked over to Shibumi hoping to hear positive news, "congratulations," Shibumi smiled, "Jenrya Lee, you are now a father of a Renamon/human baby boy." Jenrya's injured face lit up and hugged Shibumi. He started crying, and hugged his father, then Ruki. He wiped his tears away. Shibumi's smile quickly turned into a subtle frown, "But, there is one issue. The child took the missing data it needed from its mother. So…"

"No," Jenrya's face became struck with fear, "Renamon!" He ran inside to see if Renamon was all right. Lee saw Renamon holding the baby, but she seemed very weak and so out of strength that she could barely move. All she could do was smile at the site of her newborn child, wrapped around Shibumi's jacket. "Renamon…" Lee walked up to the injured digimon and kneeled down beside his lover and new son.

"Jenrya," the Tao Fox spoke weakly, "I do not know how much longer I can survive…" The young father wrapped his arms around both, the newborn and the critically injured mother.

"Everything will be all right," Jenrya spoke softly. Tears poured from his eyes, "you'll be fine, Kitsune will be fine, we'll all be fine…" Renamon panted softly, her blue eyes barely open. Jenrya looked down at his newborn son. The infant had blue eyes like his mother, but also had the blue hair of his half-Chinese father. One characteristic that made it so unique also showed. His slightly yellow skin, little bushy yellow tale sticking out from behind, and his pointy ears on his head with white tips justified that he was different. It smiled happily, unknowing of the situation with his mother. The two lovers and their child all sat together, snuggled up together, and hoping to survive, together.

~*~

The group of parents followed the doctor to their children's hospital room. They were excited to see their new granddaughter and wanted to see if both of them were all right. "As you may already know," the doctor spoke as he continued walking, "your granddaughter is a special case. And as you already know, your children have been involved with Digimon as of late."

"We understand the whole story already, doctor," Kenshin spoke, "is the mother and the baby alright?"

"Yes, they are both healthy," the doctor said, "but it's so miraculous that your granddaughter is a hybrid of data and human flesh. Your granddaughter is beautiful, and is perfectly healthy."

"That's good to hear," Yuko breathed a sign of relief, "how about Juri. Me and Shizue have been talking about how she's a bit young to bear a child and go through labor."

"She's doing fine," the doctor turned and smiled, "but she's just a bit worn out by all the stress her body has been put through. Its true that she is only 15, but I believe her spirit persevered over the physical pain, and Ryo was there for moral support."

"That's good to hear," Tadashi said, "but is she okay physically?"

"Yes sir," the doctor turned, "don't worry Mr. Katou, your daughter is a very strong person. Ah, here we are." The doctor opened the door to the hospital room, which was only being occupied by Juri and Ryo by her side. "You will see both of them in there," the doctor held the door open so all the parents could enter, "now if you will excuse me, I must deliver another "special case."" He closed the door behind him and walked over to another delivery room. The group of parents walked up to the new mother and father and saw a sleeping little infant wrapped in sheets in the arms of Juri. Ryo leaned over to see his new daughter again.

"Hey mom, dad," Ryo looked up at them with a big smile on his face, "check out our daughter, Keishinko Akiyama Katou." The parents walked up to the tired mother and father and leaned over to see the child. The infant was snuggled in the blankets, against her mother. She had light brown skin, but what really made her different was the little tail sticking out from the back, and the cat-like ears on its head. Little Keishinko giggled at the sight of her grandparents. Yuko picked up Keishinko, and the newborn immediately raised its hands to try to touch her. Yuko smiled, and then let Shizue hold her granddaughter for a moment. Eventually the child saw all of its grandparents, and it ended up in the hands of Ryo. The legendary Tamer looked down at his child, who still giggled as he touched her. She grabbed his finger.

"Little Keishinko," Ryo looked at Juri, "our Keishinko."

"Once we get Juri out of the hospital, it's going to be a celebration," Tadashi declared, "to the next generation." Everyone agreed, and even Keishinko giggled at the sound of everyone being happy around her. She went back into the arms of her birthmother from her father.

"Welcome to the Real World," Juri whispered to the baby, "your half-father would have been proud to see you."

~*~

Alice was still in labor, and the nurses as well as the doctor who helped Juri when she was in labor. The labor went on for hours on end until the child was finally born. She came out crying, and the doctor checked if the baby was healthy. "Looks good," the doctor examined the newborn, "wait, something's wrong," the child cried louder and louder. Alice was trying to regain her breath.

"What's wrong doctor?" Alice panted, trying to regain her breath, but she became scared when the doctor said something is wrong.

"Doctor," the nurse reported, "we're losing the child. Her heart is slowly beating and if we do not do something…"

"We have no time to lose!" the Doctor rushed over to a cabinet and took out some special drugs, "we must save the child! Nurse, take Alice out of here, we must do everything in our power to save her daughter!"

"Doctor!" Alice yelled in despair as she was taken away from the delivery room, "Doctor!" The nurse tried to calm her down, but the blonde-haired girl was in hysteria. She had no idea what was wrong with her child, and it made her crazy to think that something was wrong. "Doctor! What's wrong with my child!" she yelled and yelled as she was taken down the hall. A nurse still tried to comfort her and tell her everything is going to be okay, but Alice would not listen. She was rolled down the hall, farther and farther away from her newborn daughter.

~*~

Renamon, Jenrya, and Kitsune were still bundled up together in the small hut. They have not moved for more than ten minutes, Jenrya still whispering, "Everything's going to be okay," to Renamon as the Tao Fox took deeper and deeper breaths. Janyuu and Ruki walked into the hut, seeing if the three were okay. Shibumi followed in after the two close people to Jenrya. Shibumi talked to the two.

"Renamon will delete soon if we do not find backup data or some type of data to use to give her back the data she gave to Kitsune," Shibumi explained, "if we do not find any soon…" Shibumi was about to continue, but was stopped by Renamon saying something to Jenrya.

"This may be it Jenrya," Renamon panted, "I do not have much time left. At least our child has been born. And Jenrya, remember this if I do get deleted, I love you. Love our son as much as you loved me. Thank you Jenrya, you showed me true love, the only love of my entire life." Tears poured down the young Lee's eyes.

"Don't say that!" Jenrya said, choked up, "we'll get through all of this together, as a family. Me, Kitsune, and you, Renamon." Jenrya tightened his hug on Renamon. Renamon started panting slower and slower, until it seemed like she stopped breathing. "What's happening? Renamon? Renamon!"

"System crash," Shibumi said quietly. Janyuu, Ruki, and Jenrya looked up at Shibumi for answers or explanations. "It's like Cardiac Arrest, except for Digimon. If we do not find sufficient data in five minutes, she will turn into data herself."

"No," Jenrya cried, "no, Renamon. I won't lose you! Not again!"

"You won't" a shaky voice came from behind Janyuu and Ruki. In came Anubimon, with Sagittarimon supporting Anubimon on his body, "I will not see Rena delete, nor will I let my own wrong doing be the cause of Rena's deletion. This will be my last act for you, my dear Rena. Jenrya, when I do this, I want you to take care of Rena and you and Rena's son. Love her like you do now, love her like I would have…" He coughed, "Sagittarimon! Do it now, while I have control of my body!"

"Sir," Puttimon said, "but we have no place to go!"

Anubimon stood over Renamon's listless shell, "Puttimon, Sagittarimon," he said weakly, "follow Jenrya, Rena, and the others to the Real World. Find partners and be happy, do what I denied myself of doing." The two servants tried to protest, but Anubimon hushed them, "Humans are not to be hated. I learned that when I saw Rena and Jenrya together. Now I know, we are equals, to live in two separate worlds, but still as equals." Anubimon wobbled on his feet and gave one more sigh. "Jenrya, take care of Rena and your child. Have a wonderful life, one I never had." He dropped his head, "Rena, this is my last act towards you. I will always live with you, within your body, you heart, and your soul." He turned sharply to Sagittarimon, "Sagittarimon! As my last order as your master, drive one of your ChronoDigizoid arrows through my body!"

"What?" Sagittarimon, as well as everyone in the room, gasped. "Why?"

"I heard everything," Anubimon turned to the group, "my Ultimate level form has enough data to go into Rena and save her life. Jenrya, take Kitsune and move aside. Now do it Sagittarimon!" Jenrya quickly picked up the sleeping newborn and hurried off to the side with his father and fellow Tamer.

"Yes, sir," Sagittarimon solemnly lifted his bow and arrow, "Sir, it has been a pleasure serving you." Puttimon nodded. There was a moment of silence. Finally, he fired the arrow.

The arrow pierced right through Anubimon's heart. At that moment, despair took over his mind again.

~

Anubimon stood within his soul, where the evil human lay in wait to take the body again. The human looked at him angered.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing!" the human yelled, "Damn it, we're going to die!"

"I know," Anubimon yelled, "so it will end both of our lives and the world will be rid of you, you bastard!"

"Shit! You have no fucking idea what the hell you're doing! Let me take over, we may be able to still live!" the human yelled within him.

"No" Anubimon stood his ground firmly, "I will save Rena, and Jenrya, Rena, and Kitsune will live the life of human and digimon. They way it was meant to be!"

"You have no idea what you are doing," the human yelled in all the anarchy, "all this so the human would end up with your love?"

"Yes," Anubimon stood firmly, "and this will end your evil presence in both worlds forever, Yakuza!" At that moment, the inner world of Anubimon collapsed as an arrow went through the sanctuary of his soul. Everything that was once Anubimon or Pharaoh Anubimon was now destroyed.

~

Anubimon fell on top of the motionless body of Renamon, whispering one more time, "With death, there is life. I will be with you forever Rena…" and he fell on top of the Tao Fox, then dissolved into data. Renamon's body immediately and automatically absorbed the data. And she started to breathe again. Jenrya walked over to her, "Thank you, Anubimon." He kneeled down and checked on Renamon. She opened her eyes. Jenrya cried again and hugged her. The others gathered around them. Jenrya looked up at everyone, then to his child again, "come on everyone, let's go home."

~*~

The doctor tried hard to save the child, but the vital signs were fading quickly. "Hurry!" the doctor ordered. A helper rushed the medicine to the doctor, and the doctor put it in the child, "please pull through!" he thought. He tried one more time, but the vital signs flattened. He breathed hard as he looked at the child he tried to save. He looked at his watch, "time of…" suddenly, the sound of the machines became louder and louder. The doctor looked at the machine showing the vital signs again, but noticed something very odd about the lines. The lines jumped up. The baby was still alive, he kept looking at the screen, and suddenly, the green lines formed a shape of a dog. He looked in amazement as the screen showed the animal, and suddenly, it jumped from the screen into the child. The doctors and nurses were baffled at the event. They walked closer to what they thought was the dead infant, and saw it was completely alive and healthy now. The doctor smiled, and the nurses rejoiced. "How in the world did it happen?" he looked at the screen, "apparently, this is a special case…"

~*~

Alice sat in her hospital bed and sobbed, "Atsuiko…" she cried silently. Her grandfather was there, trying to comfort her, but he honestly did not know what to say. Before she could say anymore, the doctor came in, child in his arms. Alice's face lighted up as she saw her daughter in the sheets, "Doctor, how?"

"It was a miracle," the doctor smiled, "a real miracle." The blonde-haired girl smiled and looked down at her child, who was now sound asleep.

"At least she is safe now." Alice said as she looked at her grandfather again. He smiled as well.

~*~ Two Months Later ~*~

Jenrya and Renamon returned to the Real World and now take care of Kitsune Lee, the Renamon/Chinese/Japanese baby boy. Lee didn't attend school for about a month to get used to parenting, since he was the human parent, which didn't really make his parents happy, but they knew he couldn't concentrate at school with a child so young at home. Juri and Ryo, too, are taking care of Keishinko Akiyama Katou, the Leomon/Japanese girl infant. Like Jenrya, neither attended school since the birth until they were both settled down. Alice, with the help of her grandfather, took care of her child, Atsuiko McCoy, the Dobermon/American hybrid girl with a Japanese name. It is still a mystery how Atsuiko was saved in that delivery room, all they know was it was a miracle. It has been two months since the chaotic births, and now all of them gathered at the Katou Residence for a Christmas Party.

Everyone was already there, each showing off the new children. The ones who have not seen the children yet finally saw the children and played with them. Takato came along with Ruki, and Karen, Kenta, and Hirokazu came as one group. Before long, everyone was at the party, including their parents. The rendezvous was full of joy as well as the Christmas spirit. They finally all settled down after dinner.

"So, Jen, how's it been being a father?" Takato asked Lee, who was currently holding little Kitsune in his arms.

"Hard," Lee sighed, "I haven't been able to go to sleep since he was born."

"I haven't either!" Terriermon chirped from the top of Jenrya's head, "Kitsune is loud!"

The party laughed as they all had their little conversations about random things. Ryo and Lee described how it was being fathers; Juri and Alice talked about how they were holding up as mothers, the parents went off to talk about whatever, and Kenta and Karen listened to Hirokazu brag again about his "Football career." The part went on for hours, each opening gifts given to each other as well as the newborns. It was their first Christmas, and it was one to remember. The group stepped outside into the snowy backyard of the Katou residence.

"Look," Juri looked up to the sky and pointed, "It's a shooting star." All of them looked up to see the spectacular sight, a bright glow blazing across the sky. Lee looked at Kitsune, then to Renamon, and then to the sky again.

'Sure has been a ride. This started so long ago, and it went by so fast…' Jenrya thought.

Ryo moved closer to his girlfriend, who also held their daughter. Juri looked at Ryo, and both of them looked at Keishinko, who looked right back at them and smiled. 'I'm a father, its true, it isn't a dream.' Ryo thought.

Alice too looked at her child, who was now sound asleep, 'my little miracle,' Alice thought as she looked to the sky, 'thank you, Dobermon.'

"I was really worried about you when you went to the Digital World without telling me," Takato said as he had his arms around Ruki.

"You keep saying that," Ruki said, "you know too well that I can take care of myself."

"I guess," Takato laughed, and then kissed Ruki and she kissed back, "Merry Christmas, Ruki-chan."

She returned the greeting, "Merry Christmas, Takato."

Hirokazu leaned on Kenta and Karen, who were on both sides of him. Shiota drank too much eggnog and became a bit tipsy. "You know," Hirokazu started to rant, "thank all of you guys. I love you all! Merry Christmas!" He yelled, and then collapsed. Kenta and Karen sweat dropped as they inched farther away from the sleeping Hirokazu. The rest of the group laughed as they saw their little family together around the holidays. They all returned to the home, except Renamon who looked up at the sky one more time.

"Thank you Anubimon," Renamon said silently, "you were there for me, and Kitsune. You will never be forgotten." She did a prayer Jenrya showed her, and then returned inside with the rest of the group, celebrating with the ones closest to her.

~*~*~*~*~

THE END

A/N: Its finally done. Over three years of work and now it is complete. I hope you all liked it. I will tell you all now, this is not really the end of Mating Season. It will live on, and you will see soon enough. Till then, please Review and email me at dexstrosity2@hotmail.com with your thoughts or whatever. Thank all of you for reading the story, as to quote Jenrya "it has been a ride."

---Dexstrosity the LdOFDestruction