Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Mayhem in the Household ❯ Mayhem in the Household ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The scene is set at Kari's house and Kari's best friend Yolei is staying the night. Kari's mum and dad are going out for a dinner party! Kari's mum and dad are explaining the rules to Tai, Kari's brother.

Mum: Now Tai! No drinking, No girls, No smoking and most importantly NO scary movies, I don't want you scaring the girls before they go to bed.

Tai: OK mum, I promise I'll stick to those rules, these two are easy to take care of, they're good as gold.

Kari's mum hurries over to the girls, not sure if she can trust Tai and repeats the rules to the girls.

Yolei: Don't worry Mrs. Kamiya, we'll keep a eye on him for you, just in case he gets into any mischief.

Mum: Thank you girls and if you catch him doing anything he shouldn't be, be sure to tell me when I get back.

Kari and Yolei: OK!

Kari and Yolei watch Mr and Mrs Kamiya leave the house, then they quickly

hurry over to the Playstation. Unfortunately, Tai is there already.

Kari: Tai, can we go on the Playstation?

Tai: No, now go away!

Kari and Yolei are just about to leave the room (bad tempered) when Tai's

Girlfriend Sora shows up.

Sora: Hi Tai, I just thought I'd pop by for a while, is that all right?

Tai: Sorry Sora, but I'm busy watching the girls tonight and Mum and Dad have said that I'm not allowed any girls over.

Sora: Well, can't you brake the rules just this once? I mean, I haven't seen you all week.

Tai: I'm really sorry Sora, I cant…

Sora: We… it's not as if anyone's going to tell your mum and dad, are they?

Tai: Mum's asked the girls to watch me so that I don't get up to any mischief, even though it's supposed to be the other way round, but…

Sora: Well, fine then, I know when I'm not wanted, GOODBYE!

Sora storms out the room and Tai, Yolei and Kari stare after her.

Tai: Oh my god! I need a drink!!

Kari: No! You're not supposed to! Mum said…

Tai: It's only one.

Kari and Yolei agree, so Tai sits down and starts drinking. All of a sudden, Tai's best friend Matt shows up.

Matt: Hey Tai…what's wrong?

Tai: Oh, nothing, it's just that Sora walked out on me, just only moments ago.

Matt: That's terrible, I'm really sorry to hear that Tai.

Matt sits down and starts having a drink too. Then all of a sudden there's a whistling sound and a bang!

Yolei: Wow, fireworks! Hey Tai, can we go and watch them? We can't see them from here.

Tai: No! Matt and I will go out and buy our own fireworks.

Yolei and Kari: YEAH! ALRIGHT!!

Tai and Matt go out, while Kari and Yolei quickly make sandwiches, grab

hold of Chocolate bars and packets of crisps, they go back into the lounge

and accidentally pick up the video that Tai had bought, which was Scream, an 18 year old film.

Kari: I don't think that this is the right video, I think we just picked up the video that Tai chose.

Yolei: Yeah! I think you're right.

Kari: Shall we watch it anyway?

They both stare at each other.

Kari and Yolei: Yeah!

Kari and Yolei have just finished watching Scream, now their hair is standing up on end.

Kari: OK, I'm a bit worried now, I didn't like that one bit!

Yolei: There's no need to be scared.

All of a sudden, the phone rings and Kari and Yolei scream.

Kari: You answer it Yolei, I don't want to answer it.

Yolei: No, you answer it, this is your house.

Kari: Oh, I don't want to answer it, I'm too scared.

Yolei: Just do it.

Kari: Fine.

Kari picks up the phone and its Kari's mum.

Kari: Oh, hi mum, what? You want to talk to Tai, Eh…OK.

Kari looks at Yolei and then shrugs, the Yolei whispers.

Yolei (whispering): Say he's in the bathroom.

Kari: Sorry mum, he's in the bathroom. What! You still want to talk to him?!

Kari stares at Yolei and they go quiet for a moment or two and finally Kari says.

Kari: He won't be able to hear me `cause he's in the shower, Can't you phone back in 15 minutes?

Yolei gives Kari the thumbs up.

Kari: OK, Yeah, see you later, OK, bye.

Kari puts down the phone and they both let out a huge sigh.

Yolei: Phew! That was close!

Kari: I agree, we don't want anything like that to happen again, do we?

Now there's a knock at the door and Kari and Yolei jump.

Kari: You get it `cause I answered the phone.

Yolei: I don't want to.

There's another knock at the door and then a voice. It's Tai and Matt.

Tai: Kari, Yolei, open the door, I know I told you not to open the door to anyone, but it's us, so let us in. I forgot the keys to the house, but I managed to get a firework.

Yolei: One firework?!

Yolei opens the door and Tai and Matt jump out from behind the door, Kari and Yolei scream.

Tai: Why are you two so jumpy?

Kari: No reason. So, how come you only got one firework?

Tai: Well, you see, we couldn't find any small fireworks, so we bought this!

Tai held out a firework as big as himself.

Kari: So, are you going to set it off now?

Matt: Yeah, let's get it over and done with.

Tai and Matt go outside and they try hammering it into the ground.

Matt: OW! That's my finger!

Tai: Sorry Matt!

Matt: OW! Stop hitting me and try hitting the firework, it hurts ya know!

Tai: I'm really sorry Matt…

Matt (angrily): OW! Stop it, you're doing it on purpose now!

Tai: I'm not!

Matt: Hold on a minute, shouldn't we be a bit further away from the house?

Tai: Nah, it's fine where it is.

Matt: OK

Tai and Matt light the firework and it goes up in the air.

Matt: Wow, look at that…Oh my god, it's coming this way! RUN!!

Tai and Matt run as fast as possible into the house. Unfortunately, as they

reach the house, Tai's hair has been caught on fire by the firework.

Kari: Tai, your hair's on fire!

Kari grabs hold of her glass of water and chucks the water at Tai's head,

While Yolei realises it too and does the same.

Tai (running round in circles): My hair is on fire! My hair is on fire!!

Kari: Tai, you're OK, Yolei and I just put it out.

Tai feels his head.

Tai: Thanks you two!

Yolei: It's OK.

Tai: I think I could do with another drink.

Matt: Me too.

Tai gulps down his drink, then turns to the girls.

Tai: Right you two, BED!

Yolei and Kari: OK, Night!

Tai and Matt: See you tomorrow.

Matt: I'd better go too, I'm supposed to be meeting Mimi now, so I'll see you later, OK?

Tai: OK, bye

Matt: Bye.

Kari and Yolei go to bed and Matt leaves the room, then Mr and Mrs Kamiya enter the room.

Dad: You're rubbish, you can't even read a map!

Mum: Me? You wouldn't listen to me, so I gave up.

Dad: Well, it's still your fault.

Mum: Well, let's just forget about it and watch the girls' video.

Tai enters the room.

Mum: Tai, have you been good and not had any girls over?

Tai: No, mum, I haven't.

Mum: Good and have you been drinking?

Tai sways from side to side.

Tai: No, I haven't been drinking, I don't like setting bad examples to my sister and her friends.

Mum: By the way, I saw a rocket outside, what happened?

Tai: Rocket, what rocket?

Mum: The rocket that is outside our garden.

Tai: I don't know anything about any rocket.

Mum: Oh, well, never mind, like I said before, let's watch the girls' video.

Mr and Mrs Kamiya sit down and play the movie, they see it is Scream, a

thriller 18 year old film. Tai tries to sneak out the room, when all of a

sudden, Mum and Dad scream.

Mum and Dad: TAI!!!!!!

The End.