Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ My Heart is a Battleground ❯ Chapter 7

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 8
 
The half-lit moon shone down on Timberdale City Park. A figure distorted by the night was sitting on the ground, her back against a large fountain. She looked up at the fountain, decorated with a large sculpture of an angel. The angel was holding its arm out, welcoming to those who may need guidance. The blonde sighed, and took a bite of the fast food burger she was able to buy with the quarters she stole.
 
A shadowed figure had landed on top of the statue, hidden by one of the angel's many large wings. He watched the girl from behind his hooded sweater. She was eyeing her cross bracelet thoughtfully.
 
The girl suddenly felt another presence. She stood up and turned to the statue, but nothing seemed amiss. Suddenly, a voice echoed through her head. “Who said that!?” She gasped.
 
She spun around and found a boy her age, wearing a large, black sweater, and the gold rings around his ankles had some kind of code etched into them. His left foot had a strange marking, a triangle with a circle around it connecting three more triangles, the digital hazard symbol. His face covered by the hood. As she gazed at him, more words echoed through her head. “Drawn to me?” The boy remained silent, although he seemed to be talking to her without speaking. “What do you care if I'm cold? Uhn…”
 
The girl dropped to her knees, she had forgotten how chilly it was. Her body was exhausted. The hooded boy ran to her side and knelt down. He stroked the girl's cheek in a loving way. He flipped back his hood to reveal his face.
 
The girl gazed up at him. He had short, silky blonde hair, and ice blue eyes. Beneath his left eye there was another strange marking. She finally got a look at the small white wings he had just above his ears.
 
“You're…”
 
The boy pulled off his sweater, revealing the rest of his true form. He was thin, covering half of his torso and his waist was white cloth that hung down near his feet. Two more feathered wings curled around his waist. His wrists had the same rings as his ankles, and he had a marking on the exposed left side of his chest. It looked like a shining moon with a streak running straight down below it. The weight of the sweater gone, eight more large, angelic wings sprung forth from his back, four on each side. All ten brilliant wings shone like the moon in the night.
 
The girl gasped and scooted back a little, she then glanced down at her cross again, and then back at the boy. “Are you… the Angel… of Death?”
 
The boy said nothing, and simply handed his sweater to the girl. She put it on, helping to warm her body against the cold of night. He stood up, and walked off into the night. The girl watched until the glow of his wings faded. She kissed her bracelet again and whispered, “Thank you, for my guardian angel.”
 
 
(“Monodramon, don't! Bio-Merge activate… Dang, it's not responding!”
 
“Gear Sting—Ah!”
 
“YYYYYEEEEEAAAARRRRR”
 
“Eyaah! What's he doing, Akiyama!?”
 
“I can't do anything, he's out of my control! Wait, no! Cyberdramon!”
 
“GRRRRAAAAAAARRRRHHHHH”)
 
Jewel awoke, panting. “…A dream, again.”
 
Morning in San Francisco, and Jewel was stretching after getting out of bed. She straightened out the beddings, grabbed her clothes for the day, and then strolled into the bathroom. She immediately stopped once she saw the creature in the mirror, the sleepy emeralds staring back at her.
 
Puroromon flew in through the window, her mouth full of berries from the tree just outside. She saw her partner staring in disgust at her nude reflection. Feeling empathetic and somewhat guilty, she fluttered over to comfort Jewel. “Look, at least you make a pretty girl.” She forced a smile as Jewel turned her head in her direction.
 
“That… doesn't help.” She said darkly. Jewel grabbed a towel and set it on the sink as she climbed into the shower.
 
Puroromon sighed, and landed herself on the counter. That didn't last long, as a loud crash echoed throughout their home.
 
Jewel immediately turned off the shower and opened the door, “What the hell was that!?” The Tamer and digimon made eye contact, and then immediately went into action. “Let's go!”
 
“Puroromon digivolve to… FANBEEMON!”
 
Jewel slipped on a pair of shorts and a large t-shirt as fast as she could, and then burst through her bedroom door. She flew down the stairs and found the wall between their kitchen and the outside completely decimated. There was spilled milk and bits of cereal splattered all about the broken table, with shattered pieces of ceramic scattered all over the floor. She glanced over in the direction of the wind blowing in from outside. A tall lizard man clad in golden armor held a small boy in an energy net. The boy was wailing and struggling to get free.
 
“Derek!” Jewel screamed. She pointed her DigiCom at the attacker, “Magnamon, one of the Royal Knights! He's a Golden Armor level, Vaccine attribute.”
 
“¡Buen dios!” The family's maid had run to see what was going on, and now stood frozen at the sight of the digimon.
 
“Rosa! It's not safe, get back!” Jewel took a step towards the knight, but then Magnamon raised his free hand in Rosa's direction.
 
“Stay where you are, or I obliterate her! Same goes for your partner.”
 
Jewel growled, nervously holding her digivice up to her heart and pressing a button. “Come on, Bio-Merge activate… Bio-Merge activate,” she whispered. But again, nothing happened. Hand still pointed at the maid, Magnamon started hovering towards the opening. “Hey! Get back here with my bro!”
 
“Jason! Help! I wanna get out of here!” The kid choked out between his sobs.
 
Magnamon turned to exit, only to be blocked by the hostage's father, “Jason, FanBeemon, do what he says and keep Rosa safe.” He wielded a shotgun, and being the same height as the monster, he had it pointed directly at Magnamon's face. “Put… My son… Down!” His voice showed no fear, and he was ready to blow the thing's head off.
 
Magnamon lowered his hand from Rosa the maid, who was now on the floor, frantically praying to the heavens. As Magnamon stared down the barrel of the gun, he simply chuckled.
 
“I said put him down!” He shouted. He finally fired at his enemy. But even at point-blank range, the shell simply crumbled against Magnamon's shoulder plate. Magnamon looked at the hell, and simply flicked it away like an annoying bug.
 
Magnamon then took no hesitation to backhand Jewel's father in the face, stunning him. Then he delivered a crushing blow with his knee to the gut. Her father let out a loud grunt, and fell to the floor, huddled over unconscious.
 
“Dad!” Jewel screamed. Magnamon quickly took off through to opening he'd made, Jewel's brother still in captivity. Jewel ran over to her father, FanBeemon following. The impact caused her father to spontaneously vomit onto the floor.
 
“I will go call the hospital,” the maid stuttered as she ran into the next room.
 
Jewel stared at the destruction, hardly believing what her morning had become. She sat there with FanBeemon in her arms until the paramedics arrived.