Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ My Heart is a Battleground ❯ Chapter 21

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 21
 
 
The boys were browsing the Gamestop by the food court. Vinni was looking through Playstation 2 games, Alec was searching the Wii shelves, and Derek was flipping through some strategy guides. Eventually Alec and Vinni met when the Sony and Nintendo shelves did.
 
“Hey.”
 
“Hey,” Vinni responded. “Dude, I think I still have a chance with her. I just gotta wait for the right moment.”
 
Alec sighed deeply. “Vinni, trust me. She's not your type. Please, just take it easy on her.”
 
“Sounds like jealousy to me,” Vinni snarked.
 
Alec rolled his eyes and held up the game case he was holding, “I got what I was looking for. The Force Unleashed.”
 
They called Derek over and Alec paid for the game. “Let's go grab some notebooks now,” said Vinni. They set off for another area of the mall.
 
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
 
The girls were at Bloomingdale's, shopping for clothes. Jewel was mainly just standing there holding Cass's Radioshack bag while she flipped through t-shirts.
 
“So how do you know Alec?” Jewel asked, wasting away from boredom.
 
“Oh, back in freshman year a friend of mine convinced me to attend the new Smash Bros. Club at the school. I met the kid who was tearing everybody apart with Jigglypuff, and we kinda got into conversation.”
 
“Heh, he's still using Jigglypuff,” Jewel mumbled to herself.
 
“Hm?”
 
“What about Vinni?”
 
Cass flushed a little and turned from Jewel, “We just kinda… It's a long story. Oh!” She ran across the floor and grabbed an outfit on display. “How cute would you look in this?”
 
“No! No, no, no, no, NO!” Jewel backed away from the girl coming towards her with a Japanese schoolgirl outfit.
 
“Come on!” Cass encouraged, “All you have right now is those baggy pants and a red hoodie. You almost look like a boy.”
 
“That's the idea…” Jewel whispered to herself. She folded her arms and turned away from the sailor scout get-up.
 
Cass walked to her side, “Well at least get a tank top or something.”
 
“No.”
 
“Maybe a new skirt?”
 
“Don't think so.”
 
“Underwear?”
 
“Nuh-uh.”
 
“Some nice shoes?”
 
“Nope.”
 
“Earrings?”
 
“Nooo.”
 
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
 
Digital World - Edge of Genesis Forest
 
Keramon, FanBeemon, and Wormmon were sitting there on the desert floor, staring at the mountains over the forest.
 
“…This sucks.” Keramon finally said, drawing attention from Wormmon and FanBeemon. He lifted off the ground and began hovering forward, “I'm tired of standing around.”
 
“Keramon!” FanBeemon zipped around and blocked his path, surprising Keramon. She hovered close to his face. “Jason said we're supposed to wait right here.”
 
“Come on, I'm bored!” Keramon responded.
 
“Guys…?” Wormmon tried to interject.
 
“Just stay put for a while longer.”
 
Wormmon sighed pitifully.
 
“My tentacles are stiff. Can't I just float around the desert for a while?”
 
“You're probably just looking for another fight!”
 
Wormmon's eye caught a shape on the horizon. It was approaching at alarming speed. Wormmon panicked, “Guys!!!”
 
The other two ceased bickering and looked down at Wormmon, then quickly turned their heads in the direction he was pointing. “Watch out!” Startled, FanBeemon flew to the side. Keramon quickly split his tentacles and raised them, allowing a speeding, ball-like object covered in spikes to pass under him.
 
The ball made a sharp turn and jumped, uncurling to reveal a spiny toad-like digimon. “Who are you guys?” It croaked.
 
“Gizamon!” The three turned back around, a small mammalian digimon was dashing up to them. Salamon skidded to a stop, growling at them.
 
Keramon, FanBeemon, and Wormmon were all now in defensive stances, ready to face off against Gizamon and Salamon.
 
Keramon laughed maniacally. “Kekekekekekekeeee! I've been waiting for this all day!” He screeched as he lunged towards Gizamon.
 
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
 
BEEP-BEEP-BEEP-BEEP
 
The five Tamers were just leaving the mall when all of their digivices went off at once.
 
“What's going on?” Vinni looked around at all of the DigiComs.
 
“Our digimon have engaged in battle.” Jewel said.
 
“They need our help,” Derek was looking at his DigiCom screen.
 
Cass turned to Vinni, “We need to get to one of our computers.”
 
“Yeah, we'll catch you guys later,” Alec waved good-bye as he, Jewel, and Derek took off. Cass and Vinni ran in the other direction.
 
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
 
Tiamat Household
 
 
Cass and Vinni had just gotten back. They dashed for Vinni's room. Cass immediately sat at the computer and brought up the ComFeed window.
 
“Hurry!” Vinni urged.
 
“Here we go, Digi-port open!”
 
VVVVVVRRRRRRZZZZTTT
 
“Wuh?” Vinni looked around. There was still desert, but richer soil. They were at the edge of a forest, with tall mountains in the background. “This isn't where we left them.”
 
Cass brought up a radar system on her DigiCom. “I locked on to our digimon, so we should've spawned close to wherever they ended up… Oh, look!”
 
They spotted a cloud of sand a few yards away. Five silhouettes were moving around in the dust cloud.
 
“Gizamon!?” Vinni called.
 
“Tamer!?” Gizamon's voice responded.
 
One of the digimon flapped it wings rapidly, blowing away the dust. She flew above the brawl and examined the new humans. Cass pointed her DigiCom at the insect, bringing up the Analyzer.
 
“It's a FanBeemon,” she moved her digivice towards the others. “Keramon and Wormmon, too. They're all Viruses. None of them are corrupted, though.”
 
“What about their levels? Can we take them?” Vinni asked.
 
“Keramon and Wormmon are both Rookies… uh…” She pointed the digivice at FanBeemon again, “It doesn't say for this one… But FanBeemon is carrying an X-Antibody.”
 
“What the hell does that mean?”
 
VVVVVVRRRRRRZZZZTTT
 
Alec, Jewel, and Derek had arrived in the Digital World. Jewel ran up to the brawl and called up to her partner. “FanBeemon! What's the situation?”
 
FanBeemon pointed to the humans on the opposite side of the battle, “Tamers!”
 
All three of them peered around the battling digimon, and the other two peered back. Both parties let out a surprised yelp.
 
“Salamon, Gizamon, hold on!” Cass shouted.
 
“Cease fire! Keramon, Wormmon, I said cease fire!” Jewel bellowed.
 
FanBeemon fluttered down by Jewel. Three of the four remaining digimon had stopped fighting, looking around at the humans. Keramon floated above the crowd and aimed for Gizamon.
 
“Bug Bl—ughn!”
 
Alec jumped over and grabbed Keramon before he could launch his attack. “Keramon, cool it!”
 
“Whoa! Hey, Alec!” Vinni and Cass ran over, uniting with the other three.
 
Derek bent down, examining Wormmon, “You okay?” Wormmon gave a nod. Derek whispered to his antenna. “Remember, she's Jewel around other people.”
 
Cass picked Salamon up into her arms. “I'm sorry, they didn't mean any harm.”
 
“What happened?” Jewel asked.
 
“Gizamon got bored, so he took off,” Salamon said in a blunt, annoyed tone.
 
“When Gizamon almost hit Keramon, that got him angry and they started fighting,” Wormmon added.
 
Vinni gave Gizamon a scolding look. “I thought I told you to stay until we got back.”
 
“Digimon will be digimon.” Alec said, letting go of Keramon.
 
Smoke puffed out of his mouth when he spoke, “Don't blame me. I thought I was under attack.”
 
The ten of them conversed for a while, giving introductions where needed. Eventually Derek pointed to the sun setting on the horizon.
 
“Hey, I think we oughta get going.”
 
“Yeah, we gotta get ready for school tomorrow. Let's go, Vinni.” Cass said.
 
“Okay, see you tomorrow!” Alec waved good-bye once more as the four of them zapped back to the human world.
 
Jewel was staring at Genesis Forest. “Jason, let's go.” Derek tugged on her hoodie.
 
“You guys go ahead,” she said. “FanBeemon and I have a little bit of business to take care of.”
 
“You sure?” Alec questioned.
 
She waved her hand, “Don't worry. I'll return in about an hour.”
 
“…Okay.” Derek agreed. “C'mon.”
 
“Digi-port return!” He, Wormmon, Alec, and Keramon all beamed back.
 
FanBeemon floated around face-to-face with Jewel. “So what did you want to do?”
 
Jewel began walking towards Genesis Forest, “We need to talk with an old friend.”