Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ My Heart is a Battleground ❯ Chapter 24

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 24
 
Timberdale High - B Lunch
 
 
Jewel had paid for her food and was looking around the cafeteria for a place to sit. `Hmm, it's only been two years, yet I hardly recognize anyone,' she thought to herself. She spotted a blonde girl her age sitting at a table alone. `Well, she looks about as lost as I am.' She walked over to the table and sat down.
 
“Hi,” Jewel greeted, “Mind if I sit here?”
 
“Huh?” Rosetta looked up. “Oh, yeah…” She began getting up from the table.
 
“Hey, what are you doing? You don't have to leave,” Rosetta blushed and sat back down.
 
“So why don't you have anything to eat?” Jewel asked, noticing the absence of food on Rosetta's side of the table.
 
“I… don't have money,” Rosetta admitted bashfully.
 
“Oh… Well, here,” Jewel pushed a slice of pizza from her tray over to Rosetta. “You look hungry.” Rosetta smiled.
 
“Jewel!”
 
“Oh god…” Jewel stiffened up.
 
Soon, Vinni had sat down next to her with a tray of his own. “Hey, Jewel. You have this lunch, too?”
 
Jewel sighed, “Hi, Vinni.”
 
Vinni glanced at Rosetta sitting across from them, “So who's your friend?”
 
Jewel extended a hand to Rosetta, “Sorry, I failed to introduce myself. I'm Jewel Striker.”
 
Rosetta shook her hand, “Rosetta… Rosetta Erickson. Call me Rose if you want.” Jewel noticed the burn mark on Rose's palm, she found it strange but felt that she shouldn't pry on it.
 
“My name's Vinni Tiamat,” he waved.
 
“So you two are friends?” Rose asked.
 
“Yes, we're just FRIENDS here,” Jewel said with emphasis towards Vinni.
 
=-=
 
`Well, that was weird,' Mabel thought to herself as she walked down to the lunchroom. She had just gotten out of Health. She arrived at the cafeteria, it was full of students sitting at tables. The loud roar of a thousand conversations filled that wing of the school.
 
`Ah, certainly with so many human children in one place, I can succeed in finding those digivices,' Mabel began scanning the large room for magical energy. Her eyes were drawn to the table on the far side. She spotted Rose talking to Vinni and Jewel at the far table. `Neh! It's just that scrawny young witch again.'
 
Her mind began to dwell, `It would seem human magi are difficult to come by… Perhaps she could prove to be useful.' She made her way to the table.
 
“Well, hello!” Mabel greeted. She sat down next to Rose.
 
“Oh, I remember you,” Rose said.
 
“We weren't properly introduced before, the name's Mabel.”
 
“Um, hi… Rosetta,” ahw responded.
 
“Hi, Mabel. The name's Vinni,” he put his hand out.
 
“Hmm,” Mabel shook hands with him. She looked over at Jewel. `Oh… What a peculiar vibe.'
 
“Yeah, I'm Jewel,” she greeted, taking another bite of her sandwich.
 
Vinni grinned, “Alright, we already have a lunch clique!”
 
“Meh,” Jewel grunted indifferently.
 
“I guess…” Rose looked over at Mabel, who smiled and winked seductively at her.
 
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
 
Timberdale High - C Lunch
 
 
BRRRRRIIIIIIINNNNNGGGG!!!!
 
Alec was walking out of his History class when the lunch bell rang. He was talking to a classmate, “All I'm saying is that General Grant would've been a pro at Starcraft.”
 
He walked to the cafeteria and got in line for lunch. When he got done paying, he spotted Cass. “Same lunch,” Alec called to her. She waved and ran over.
 
“Cool!” Cass and Alec looked over the lunch tables, failing to spot anyone they knew.
 
“Hey!” They both looked over to see Derek waving at them from a far table. Alec and Cass joined him.
 
“Derek! How's high school going for you?” Alec asked him, taking a bite of strawberry.
 
“It's weird, I don't really know anybody,” Derek responded.
 
“Well it's a lot better than middle school, for sure,” Cass reassured him.
 
Alec remembered something, “Oh, guys, I almost forgot! Jas-JEWEL wants us all to meet outside Genesis Forest after school.”
 
“How come?” Derek asked.
 
“Not sure, but she said it's important.”
 
Cass nodded and picked up her sandwich, “Okay, I'll be there.”
 
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
 
Timberdale High - 4th Period, Gym
 
 
Luke was sitting on the far side of the bleachers with the other PE students. The kid next him pointed at the marking under his left eye, “Dude, where'd you get a tattoo like that?”
 
“Um…”
 
“Hello, class,” the teacher Mr. Harrison was speaking to them. “First rule of gym is the dress code. The physical education courses require that you wear uniforms…”
 
`Uh-oh…' Luke cringed in his mind.