Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ On the Road ❯ Sex, Drugs and Rock & Roll! ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

On the Road

Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll!

By the Empress of the Eclipse

Disclaimer - No, for yet another time, I DON'T OWN DIGIMON! Boy, I hate writing these. Oh and a bit of it's ripped off from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

This is a sequel to 'This Time' but it works as a stand-alone so don't worry. Anyone who has read 'This Time' will know what to expect but for anyone else....

Warnings - JYMATO (Joe and Matt), TAITO (Matt and Tai), MIMATO (A STRAIGHT COUPLE! I'VE ACTUALLY PUT IN A STRAIGHT COUPLE! Anyway, Matt and Mimi), TAIOU (Tai and Joe. I'm so, so sorry), vague sex with groupies (boys and girls. Anyone who knows my Akemi will understand that.) and just assorted SLASH! Okay? You have a problem, you go away now because I've told you quite obviously that this fic is guys having sex with each other. Also I have to warn you that Matt is kinda a slut in this.

Once again, apologises if I've got the band wrong but I'm really fond of them now so I don't actually care (I think I've added a member. Oops.)

Joe's 19, Matt and Tai are 18. The ages of the band are pretty immaterial but for continuity's sake they are all 18 too. Yes I know that they are all too young to drink in America, they either go to bars that just don't bother asking, or they have fake ID's. Okay?

~~~

Matt hugged TK tightly. TK grinned at him.

"I wish I was going," he said for the millionth time.

"You aren't part of the band," Matt said.

"Neither and Joe and Tai and they get to go," TK said.

"Joe's the amateur medic and Tai's the roadie," Matt said.

TK giggled.

"Have you told him that?"

"No," Matt said "Anyway, you be good TK. I don't want to hear anything bad about you. I'll write and phone."

TK nodded.

"You be good too," he said "Don't do anything silly."

Matt just nodded. He knew that TK didn't know half the stuff that his band were going to get up to and he wasn't going to tell him. He glanced over at Tai who was kissing Sora goodbye. He felt the hot flutter of jealousy come over him again. He still saw Tai as his, even though they'd been separated for a year now. They'd separated after Matt had cheated on Tai with Davis when Tai wasn't willing to go as far as Matt wanted him to. Matt had tried to be happy for his friend when he'd started dating Sora but it had been very hard.

"Oy!" he heard Gendo yell "You two, hurry up! Tai, put Sora down!"

Tai laughed a bit guiltily and let Sora go.

"You take care," Sora ordered "I've heard about these band trips. There's booze and drugs and whores...."

"Exactly!" Akemi shouted.

"I don't want you getting mixed up in that," Sora said.

Matt turned and caught Akemi's eye. Akemi was wearing 'fat chance' expression on his face.

"I won't Sora, I promise," Tai said. He kissed her again "Okay honey. I love you. See ya soon! Bye Kari!"

Kari waved.

"Look after him Matt!" she ordered.

Matt nodded and grinned. He and Tai leapt into the van and strapped in quickly.

"Are you all ready to rock?" Gendo asked.

"YEAH!" everyone yelled.

"Then let's put the peddle to the metal and GO!" Gendo said.

As the van went into gear, Matt waved to TK, Kari and Sora who waved back. Then Matt turned back as they drove off.

"Freedom!" Akemi shrieked "At last, away from home! No rules, no responsibilities...."

"Dream on," Gendo said "There's lots of rules and plenty of responsibilities, all of which you will hear later. For now - let's motor! We'll miss the plane!"

Matt leaned back in his seat. He'd been pretty surprised when, several months ago, Gendo had phoned him up and asked him if he wanted to go on a band trip to America during the summer holidays. It was mostly for fun but they were also going to be playing in several places, like a real band on tour. After talking it though and thinking for a lengthy time (Matt had actually considered it for over twenty seconds!) the band had jumped at the chance. They were going for a month to drive round bits of America, get more famous and have a good time. In order to do that, they'd needed two things. An emergency medical person and a roadie - someone to drive when everyone else was bladdered.

So Matt had suggested Tai and Joe.

And now the seven of them - Matt, Tai, Joe, Gendo Ikari, Akemi Nakatsuru, Toshiki Miyahara and Istu Katsuragi - were headed off for what promised to be an exciting trip.

* * * *

"We are about to land," the electronic voice said.

"You mean we're here?" Gendo said "Thank God!"

Tai had to agree. The plane journey had been awful, with Joe suffering air-sickness ("I can't believe you haven't grown out of that Joe!") and Akemi having sex with an air hostess in the toilet ("Akemi, you can't screw in an aeroplane! They notice and get miffed!"). Then to cap it off, the flight had been delayed.

"I hope this isn't an omen," Toshiki said.

"Oh rubbish," Tai said. He looked at Matt who was sitting next to him. The blonde was fast asleep, looking peaceful.

"Isn't he cute when he's sleeping?" Istu said, looking over Tai's shoulder.

Tai didn't say anything. He didn't want to get into a conversation about Matt's cuteness.

Still, Istu was right. Matt was cute when he slept. As Tai watched, Matt mumbled something and snuggled into his chair. Tai reluctantly poked him.

"C'mon Matt," he said "Time to wake up."

"G'way," Matt drowsily ordered. Tai grinned.

"Come Ishida," he said "Up, up, up!"

Matt opened sleepy eyes and looked at him.

"Hey Tai," he said sitting up "We're nearly there?"

"About to land!" Tai said.

"Thank God," Matt said.

"I wouldn't get your hopes up for everything being okay," Toshiki said "We've got to get all our stuff, find the instruments, find the van Candy's arranged for us, find out where we're sleeping..."

"SHUT UP TOSHIKI!" everyone shouted, causing half the plane to glare at them.

"I think we've made lots of enemies on this flight," Tai said to Matt.

"Well with Joe throwing up into that lady's hat and Akemi trying to seduce everyone and all of us just generally being rowdy, I think you're probably right!" Matt said.

"I can see why he'd use that hat," Tai said "It made me want to puke too."

"I hope that woman doesn't speak Japanese," Matt said.

"Speaking of," Gendo said, turning round again "Have you lot been practising your English?"

"Yes," everyone chorused.

"Good," Gendo said "Well remember to start using it."

He added something in English.

"What'd he say?" Akemi asked.

"He just called us all idiots," Toshiki said.

"Hey!" Akemi protested.

The plane landed.

* * * *

"Okay, where's the van?" Matt asked Gendo.

"I'm looking, I'm looking!" Gendo snapped.

"Well look quicker!" Tai said "My arms are falling off!"

"Your fault for offering to help Akemi," Matt said "Akemi, what part of 'Travel light' did you not understand?"

"This is light!" Akemi said "It's the necessary things to my survival!"

"Five heavy suitcases? Akemi, only girls are supposed to misunderstand 'travel light' THAT badly!" Matt said witheringly.

"There!" Gendo said, interrupting before Akemi could swing his suitcase into Matt's midriff "I see it.....oh dear."

The band, roadie and medic traipsed over and stood in silence beside the van with caravan. The problem was apparent.

"I'm not riding in that," Istu announced.

The van was a shocking pink with rainbows painted on the sides.

"Then fly home again," Gendo said "It's not so bad. The back's roomy, plenty of space for instruments....oh look, she's even put in some cushions and rugs."

The group started loading up the caravan and van.

"Are we using the caravan tonight?" Matt asked, yawning.

"Jet lagged?" Gendo said "No. We're using a hotel. Just hop in and hang on a bit longer."

The hotel wasn't very far away and they booked in easily. They were all sharing two to a room except for Matt, Tai and Joe who were sharing as a threesome. Gendo ordered them all into his and Toshiki's room for a talk.

"Right you lot," he said "We need to establish some things before we start tomorrow. Rules and so forth. You all know the schedule right?"

"Yes," everyone said.

"Good. Then you know which nights are suitable for getting drunk/stoned/laid and which aren't," Gendo said "In the meantime....rules about said getting drunk/stoned/laid. Rule one. No sex in the caravan. You can use the back of the van if you want but not the caravan as that's where the rest of us will be sleeping most of the time. That clear Akemi?"

Akemi scowled.

"Why are you picking on me?" he protested.

"Gee, let me think," Gendo said.

"It's clear," Akemi said.

"Rule two. No mass orgies," Gendo said.

"Mass orgies!" Joe squeaked.

"Uh huh. No more than a foursome," Gendo said.

"A foursome!" Joe said "What's your idea of a mass orgy?"

Gendo said nothing. Matt grinned to himself. He knew that Gendo had been involved in a couple of mass orgies, each of which had involved a lot more than four people.

"Rule three," Gendo said, ignoring the looks that Joe and Tai were giving him "Substances, both legal and illegal. For heaven's sake, be careful! We've got our medic here in case of emergencies but I'd sooner not use him. And I don't want anyone getting arrested for buying drugs."

"Drugs!" Tai spluttered.

Gendo looked at him.

"Matt have you warned your friends about anything?" he asked.

"Um well sort of," Matt said.

Gendo snickered.

"We're all going to be getting bladdered or stoned out of our minds," Akemi said happily "Your jobs are to take care of us - that's you Joe - and to drive - that's you Tai."

"Drive!" Tai exploded.

"That's why you were invited along," Istu said "You're the roadie! You do the driving!"

Tai groaned.

"I'm regretting this already," he said.

"Oh cheer up," Matt said, reaching out and hugging his friend "You'll get into the swing of it."

"I'd like to get back to the mass orgy part," Joe said.

"Ooh, are you offering?" asked Istu teasingly. Everyone laughed as Joe went purple and shook his head.

"It's sex, drugs and rock and roll!" Akemi said.

"Okay then," Joe said meekly, looking a bit worried.

"No unsafe sex," Gendo said "I don't want anyone coming back from this trip with a sexually transmitted disease or a baby on the way. Right?"

"Right," everyone agreed.

Tai looked at Joe.

"I'm beginning to think," he said "That this is going to be an....unusual trip."

"Yes," Joe said "I think I agree with you there."

* * * *

The next day they all woke up early, had a quick breakfast and were then on the road. Gendo and Toshiki fought over the map-reading, Akemi practised chat-up lines in English, Istu slept quite happily leaning against Matt who was less than happy with the arrangement, Joe read some deeply boring medical book and Tai generally made a lot of noise and fuss about everything.

They stopped for lunch at a McDonalds where Akemi got his words muddled up and ordered nineteen cheeseburgers. They managed to sort out the mistake and get on their way again.

"You know," Gendo said after an hour "I think we're lost."

"Really?" Toshiki said with scorn "You mean that I was right and we shouldn't have gone left when we left the hotel?"

"Um....just possibly," Gendo said.

Tai started laughing. Matt groaned.

"So where are we?" he asked.

"Um.....I don't know," Gendo said sheepishly.

Matt grabbed the map and looked at it.

"Right, there's the hotel," he said "And.....and there's the road. So if we turned right, we went that way and....and....there's that place which I saw signs for....."

Istu grabbed the map off him.

"Hand it over gorgeous," he ordered.

"Stop calling me gorgeous," Matt ordered.

"Okay drool-worthy one," Istu said. Matt groaned.

"Okay, we were there, right?"

"No, there," Joe said helpfully.

"Look just tell me where to drive next!" Gendo shrieked.

"You'll have to wait until I work out where we are now!" Istu said.

"But I can't just keep motoring down the highway forever!" Gendo shouted

"Then give us a second!"

Gendo started using some words that Matt didn't understand. He got the gist however.

After five minutes of Istu and Joe squabbling, they'd worked out the exact route they'd taken and the exact route they should have taken.

The problem was, they couldn't work out where they were now.

"You have to know where we are!" Gendo howled "You know where we went, how can you not know where we are?"

"We just don't!" Istu yelled "It doesn't make any sense!"

"Well somebody look out for a signpost then!" Gendo yelled.

"I have been!" Joe wailed.

"You know, I haven't seen any other cars for a while," Toshiki remarked "In fact, I haven't seen anything for a while."

"So where the hell are we then?" Gendo said.

"Driving down a very small track," Akemi said.

"Oh bloody hell," Gendo said "Tell me this isn't happening!"

"Oh it is," Matt said "And it's getting dark."

Gendo announced something in English which Matt translated as "Fuck you all." He snickered.

"Right, give me the map," he ordered.

He looked at the map for a few minutes and then discarded as garbage.

"You know Tai, this is worse than the map you drew of the Digiworld," he said.

"The what?" Istu said.

Matt paused. He'd never told his band about the Digiworld or at least not properly. The band knew that Matt, Tai and Joe had gone somewhere but they didn't realise that it was in another world.

"It's a long story," he said.

"Then you might as well get started," Gendo said bitterly "Because we're going to be driving for years at this rate.....wait! I see LIGHTS!"

The lights turned out to belong to a club.

"Well, we've come a round-about way," Gendo said "But I rather think that I'll be able to work out where to go from here. Okay, we can go into the club - mostly because we need directions - but we can have fun too. Right everyone. NO drugs okay? Get bladdered if you want - NOT you Tai, you have to drive - and behave yourselves. Akemi, don't pick up any girls until I find out if it's okay if we leave the caravan in car park and sleep in it tonight as it's too late to get anywhere."

If he had anything else to say, he was ignored as everyone leapt out of the van and went into the club. It was noisy and filled with very happy people. Akemi was on the dance floor almost immediately, mingling with people happily. Gendo went to the bar with the map and began talking to the girl who seemed to be able to show him the way. Toshiki wandered over to the live band who were playing and stood watching them intently, obviously trying to drive them bonkers. Istu grinned at Matt.

"Want to dance?"

"No," Matt said promptly.

"You always disappoint me Matt," Istu said, pretending to pout "But one day..."

Matt laughed and shoved him.

"Bug off Istu," he ordered "Behave yourself!"

Istu laughed and vanished into the crowd. Matt smiled at Tai.

"Come on I'll bag us a table," he said "I'll buy you a drink."

"I'm not supposed to," Tai said.

"You're not allowed to go over the limit," Matt said "Or at least until we know if you even need to drive. But you can drink. Besides, you need a little fun."

"Well....okay," Tai said "But not much okay?"

Matt nodded. He knew that Tai didn't drink much and never took drugs. He was worrying slightly about how Tai was going to react when he discovered that Matt took some drugs. So far, Tai obviously believed that the band were either joking, or that Matt never got mixed up in the stuff that they did. Matt couldn't help feeling nervous about what Tai was going to say when he discovered that Matt was often in the thick of what the band did.

"Here," he said to Tai "One pint of Black Frost."

Tai sipped some. Matt downed his shot of vodka and promptly ordered another one. By the time he was on his fifth and Tai was still only half way down his first pint, Gendo had finished with the barmaid and came over.

"I know where we're going!" he said proudly "Ami - " he gestured at the barmaid "Says that we can park here and sleep as long as we pay 'em. There's a machine outside. So feel free to get as bladdered as you like Tai. I'll show you tomorrow where we're going."

He went off and headed towards Akemi who was already surrounded by a flock of girls and a couple of guys.

"I don't understand why everyone likes Akemi so much," Tai said "He's not that cute."

"Oh I don't know," Matt said. The five shots of vodka on a mostly empty stomach (the cheeseburgers they'd eaten were a long time ago) had gone to his head slightly and he was feeling a bit giddy "He's not so bad. I'd totally screw him if I was desperate."

Tai blinked at him.

"That's not a very responsible attitude," he said.

"So?" Matt said "I'm young! There'll be time for responsibility later! As long as I'm careful, who cares?"

Tai blinked. Matt grinned happily, obviously unaware that Tai wasn't amused. He ordered another shot of vodka. Tai shook his head and downed the rest of his pint. He was revising his opinion. This wasn't going to be a unusual trip. This was going to be a very strange trip.

* * * *

Matt woke up with a hangover. He swore to himself and glanced around. The caravan had two bunk beds and one bed that was like two cupboards. He was sprawled in the bottom bunk in the caravan. Joe was sleeping on the other bottom bunk and he could see Tai on the top one. Toshiki and Gendo were asleep on the floor and he spotted Istu in the cupboard bed. Where was Akemi?

Matt scrambled up, staggering slightly and trying to ignore his headache. It wasn't that bad, he'd had worse hangovers.

He walked out into the sunlight and went over the van. the curtains had been drawn over the back windows. Matt opened the door. Akemi glanced up at him drowsily from a pile of pillows. He had some blonde girl tucked under his arm.

"Bug off," he mouthed at Matt "She'll be pissed!"

Matt nodded and closed the door again. He went back to the caravan, stepped over Toshiki and started trying to find some food. He eventually managed to dig up some Cornflakes (they were in a cupboard with some dog food which didn't make much sense to Matt as they didn't have a dog) and started eating them dry. The crunching woke Tai who looked at him.

"Hey," he said "You drank a lot last night."

"I did?" Matt said. It didn't seem like that much to him. On the other hand, by Tai's standards.....

"On the other hand, that lot drank more," Tai said, gesturing around vaguely "Do you lot often drink as much as that?"

"Yes," Matt said. He offered Tai a handful of Cornflakes. Tai grabbed them.

"It's not healthy," he said.

"I wouldn't say that in front of the others," Matt said "You won't believe how much you'll get moaned at."

"Where's Akemi?" Tai asked.

"In the van," Matt said "Some blonde girl."

Tai looked a bit shocked.

"Ow," Gendo announced "Oh ow. Oh dear."

Matt began searching for aspirin.

"It's in the cupboard above the sink," Gendo said "Please hurry. I'm dying."

Matt threw him the bottle. Gendo gulped some down gratefully and passed them to Toshiki who was also stirring. Gendo waited a few moments, then got up.

"Are you well enough to drive or is Tai doing it?" Matt asked, giving Joe a shake to wake him up. Joe mumbled something and tried to hide under the covers "C'mon Joe, it's time to get up."

"I'll be okay," Gendo said "We've got to get going. I know where to drive to now but it's going to take some time. Matt, can you make us some sandwiches? We don't have time to stop on the way."

Matt nodded and began banging round, trying to find the bread. This woke Istu up who swore at Matt in a couple of different languages, took some aspirin with some vodka and then went back to sleep. Matt and Joe moved him onto the bottom bunk and then went into the van. Akemi had got rid of the girl and was looking very smug.

"So what did she get?" Matt asked, strapping himself in.

"6 for technique, 7 for know-how and 8½ for over-all performance," Akemi said.

"What?" Joe said, looking startled.

Akemi produced his little black book.

"I note down everyone's performances," he explained, opening it up and producing a pencil "Now let's see.....name - Betty Rubble. Country - America. Hair colour...."

"Betty Rubble?" Matt repeated in disbelief "Akemi, you are aware that that is NOT her actual name."

"Well I am now," Akemi said "But I was very drunk last night. Technique...."

"You note everyone down in that book?" Joe said.

Akemi held it up and flicked though. The book was nearly full up.

"It's his fifteenth book," Matt said.

"It is not!" Akemi said indignantly.

"No, it's at least the twentieth!" Toshiki joked.

Akemi wasn't telling how many books he had. He finished filling in 'Betty Rubble's details.

"Isn't technique and know-how the same thing?" Tai asked.

"No. Technique is how good she is, know-how is if she actually knows how to do anything I suggest," Akemi said.

Joe shook his head looking disturbed.

"It's actually scientific," Akemi explained "I'm finding out if blondes, brunettes or red-heads are better in bed. It's really very interesting."

"You're insane," Joe told him.

"Hey!" Akemi said.

Matt caught Tai's eye and shared a grin with him.

They drove all day. First everyone was pretty quiet, still getting over the night. Then Gendo put on the radio and they listened to some American songs. Then Gendo decided to quiz their English to find out exactly what they all knew. It turned out that Gendo was fluent, Joe was quite impressive, Toshiki was passable, Matt and Tai were fairly awful and Akemi didn't know anymore than chat-up lines and swear words.

"Akemi you have to learn more than that!" Gendo yelled "Somebody teach him!"

Joe began attempting to teach Akemi more English until Akemi got bored and started singing camp fire songs. Everyone joined it quite cheerfully, making up some fairly rude versions until they were all laughing too hard to continue. Then Akemi started reminiscing over his past glories from his little black book until Matt threw a shoe at him. Akemi then refused to give it back and there was a small fight.

"You lot act drunk even when you're all sober!" Joe said.

"I wish I was drunk," Gendo said "We're stopping so Tai can take over driving and to check on Istu. He'll probably be lonely."

Istu had been happy enough in the caravan (no one was entirely sure what he'd been doing but he was wearing an expression which screamed 'illegal substances' or 'masturbation') but he was happier in the van. Tai drove, listening to the cheerful arguing in the back. Apparently, Matt was taking up more space than his fair share.

"Matt, move your feet."

"My feet are quite happy where they are thank you. Hey! Don't tickle me! Stop it!"

Tai remembered that Matt's feet had always been very ticklish. He'd used to enjoy tickling them when he wanted to annoy his friend. And Matt would bunch up and laugh until he started crying with laughter and then Tai would kiss it better....

"OY! Keep your grubby paws to yourself Istu!"

"Sorry Matt. I just can't resist you....."

"Oh shut up you little pervert!"

"I could make a very tasteless remark about you and a certain Davis Motomiya but it might damage our budding relationship so I won't."

"What budding relationship?"

Tai stared at the road. He was surprised to find that his eyes were stinging. Why were they doing that? He was with Sora now. He had no reason to be jealous or upset - none at all.

So why was he?

* * * *

Dear Kari,

Hi! How're you? We're all fine. I'm writing this in a hotel room and Gendo's snoring very loudly which is distracting. He got in at seven in the morning so naturally, he's sleeping in.

Everything's going okay here. The band's done several gigs and they were appreciated. They played at Gendo's cousin Candy's birthday party and a bunch of her friends wanted to book them. They were miffed when they found out that they were only around for a while but the band did get booked quite a bit for while they were around. Joe's been trying to work out how much money we've all earned (Joe and me get some for coming). It comes up to quite a lot and we haven't finished yet. Of course, the other's are spending quite a bit on drink and stuff.

I've found out lots of things about the band that I didn't know before. Gendo used to have a twin sister who died when he was six. He still misses her and it's what makes his family always fight. It's why Gendo hates fighting so much. He got drunk and told me this when I was taking him to bed. Then he started singing 'See the little goblin' which sort of dulled the sympathy. Toshiki's much quieter than everyone else but that doesn't stop him getting involved in everything.

I've learned some very good songs while I've been here. Toshiki's been training my voice. He says that it's not beyond all hope so I might sing at you when I get home (don't groan like that - see how well I know you). Some of the songs are awfully rude and in English which makes it even more fun as no one at home will understand them.

I've learned lots of English, most of it from Gendo and can nearly read an American map. Well, I'm up to the level that everyone else is anyway.

One of us has been using Matt's spare guitar strings as Slinkys on the hotel stairs, at least two of us have been using Akemi's drums to throw up in, five of us have learned foul words in a foreign language (two of us already knew them, only one of us used them), five of us get drunk nearly every night, one of us normally gets slightly tipsy, three of us have had several very violent fights, one of us really is a slut (I never quite believed it before but I've discovered that it's true), one of us has been stealing Matt's underwear much to Matt's irritation, at least two of us (possibly more) have been stealing Akemi's clothes (he has more than everybody, I'm not sure why). One of us has been writing graffiti on the toilet walls of every hotel we stay in. Five of us have been smoking illegal substances in the back of the van, one of us has been injecting something. One of us nearly got arrested for kerb-crawling but got away with it. Four of us keep on getting laid, one of us seems to get laid quite a bit. One of us keeps making passes at another one of us but he always tells them to bug off.

I hope you are okay, you and TK and Sora. I'll be writing to Sora of course to tell her I'm fine and not getting involved with booze and drugs and whores. I'll write again soon (I may even phone). Tomorrow, we're starting for New York so we'll be seeing Mimi. She has a computer so I'll E-mail you.

Lots of love.

Tai.

Tai re-read his well meaning but possibly slightly alarming letter to Kari before sealing it into the envelope and addressing it. He looked over at Gendo and rolled his eyes and went out. He walked out and posted the letter, then returned to the hotel. He went and found Matt sprawled in the back of the van.

"Matt?" he said.

"Hello," Matt said. He sounded very peaceful. Tai couldn't help frowning.

"What have you taken this time?"

"Marijuana," Matt said "It's nice. You should try some."

"No chance," Tai said.

Matt looked at it. His eyes looked slightly sleepy.

"I don't know why you're so uptight about alcohol and drugs," he said.

"Because they kill you and make you do stupid things," Tai said.

"Not if you're careful," Matt said "I'm always careful."

Tai scowled.

"I always thought you were responsible," he said.

"I am," Matt said. He reached out to Tai "Come on Tai. It's not that bad really."

Tai shook his head.

"You get high, I don't come near you," he said flatly "You know that."

Matt kept his hand extended.

"Please Tai?" he said "I'm lonely. The others are all either asleep or just not here. Please sit with me."

Tai paused. Normally he never went near the group when they were high but he was feeling bored and lonely too. After a moment, he scrambled into the van, closed the door and sat opposite Matt. Matt smiled at him happily.

"Are you enjoying the holiday?" he asked.

"Yeah I suppose," Tai said "It's mostly really good."

"But....?"

"It's just....I never realised how much you lot were into the rock and roll lifestyle," Tai said "I mean, I knew Akemi got laid a lot but.....well."

Matt shrugged. He moved over and sat next to Tai. Tai nearly moved away but didn't. Matt rested his head on Tai's shoulder and sighed.

"Poor Tai," he said "I didn't mean to shock you."

"I wasn't shocked," Tai lied "It's just.....different, that's all."

"Liar," Matt said comfortably "I always know when you're lying."

"You read me that well huh?" Tai said.

"I know you," Matt said simply.

There was a pause. Tai suddenly found himself feeling oddly hot. Matt's hair was tickling the side of his neck and something about his voice....

"What makes you think you know me better than everyone else?" he asked.

Matt raised his head and looked at Tai. His eyes fixed on Tai's and Tai found himself unable to look away.

"Don't you know?" Matt asked.

As Tai sat there, desperately trying to think of an answer, Matt leaned up and very gently kissed him. His lips were warm and very soft and Tai couldn't help kissing him back. Matt's arms wrapped round him and they fell back on the cushions. Tai knew that it was wrong, that he wasn't supposed to kiss Matt, not any more but he couldn't help it, it was so nice and it had been so long....

Matt seemed to feel his acceptance, he lightly ran his hands thought Tai's hair, then lower, until they were resting just above Tai's ass. His kisses were less gentle, more strong, pressuring. Tai greedily kissed him back, letting Matt's tongue explore his mouth fully, re-familiarising itself with old territory. Tai's hands suddenly seemed to take control of themselves and began to unbutton the top of Matt's shirt, feeling the hot skin beneath.

"Matt, are you.....oh."

Tai jerked himself away from Matt, turning. Istu was standing there, looking slightly shocked and a little unhappy. Tai heard Matt sit up from behind him.

"Sorry," Istu said awkwardly "I didn't mean to...."

Tai shoved him out of the way and ran. His head was spinning with shock and anger. What the hell had he been thinking? And what the hell had Matt been thinking to put him in that position? Well, Matt hadn't been thinking of course. That was the point. The stupid imbecile was doped up, probably didn't even have a clue what he was doing. Yeah. That was it. And later, he'd apologise and it would all be okay. And they'd never have to mention it again. Ever.

Right?

* * * *

Istu looked at Matt. He was flushed and dishevelled and looked like he might start to cry.

"I'm sorry," Istu said guiltily "I didn't realise...."

"It's not your fault," Matt said miserably "You couldn't have known."

He slumped back against the pile of cushions and Istu saw that his tight jeans were stretched over a hard-on that was impossible to hide.

"I must be crazy," Matt said "Tai's with Sora now. He doesn't even like me that way any more. What was I thinking?"

"Lust's a powerful force," Istu said.

"Yeah," Matt said dully.

Istu pulled himself into the van and closed the door. He moved over to Matt and put a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"Look, it's all going to be okay," he said "Tai knows you were doped up, he'll just put it down to that. You apologise and he'll forgive you and it'll be forgotten."

He began to massage Matt's shoulder lightly. Matt didn't try to shrug him off.

"I hope so," he muttered.

"I know what I'm talking about," Istu said. He leaned down so he was lying beside Matt, his face only a little way away "You'll see."

Matt turned his face towards Istu, looking slightly confused. Istu leaned forward and very gently kissed him. He felt Matt stiffen uncertainly and ran his hand down so it was resting on Matt's crotch. He heard Matt whimper faintly and squeezed. Matt jerked and then began to kiss Istu back, his mouth hungry and saying all that needed to be said. Istu smiled and carefully began to remove Matt's clothes.

* * * *

"Where the hell are those two?" Gendo demanded crossly.

Toshiki shrugged. Gendo had got up less than an hour ago and was now wanting to speak to everyone about the journey tomorrow. Toshiki and Joe had just been coming back from a day out and had willingly gone to find the others. They'd found Tai moping about something and they'd found Akemi chatting up the porter ("He's straight dammit Akemi! STRAIGHT!") but neither Matt or Istu seemed to be anywhere.

"Did you check the van and caravan?" Gendo asked.

"Yes," Toshiki said "Well, we checked the caravan anyway. Maybe they're in the van."

He frowned. Matt and Istu, alone in the van together? That was unusual.

Getting up, he walked down to the van. Gendo followed him. Toshiki opened the door and stared.

Matt and Istu were curled up together, fast asleep. Both were completely naked and it was pretty obvious what they'd been doing.

Toshiki felt his mouth drop open. He heard Gendo breathing in the strange way that Gendo always did that meant he was going to start howling with laughter any second. Toshiki closed the door and hustled Gendo up the hotel room where the others were. They just got there before Gendo started to howl with laughter.

"What's going on?" Akemi asked "What's so funny?"

Toshiki tried not to laugh. It wasn't funny really....

He snickered.

"What?" Akemi demanded.

"Matt and Istu!" Gendo wheezed "Guess what they've been doing!"

"NO!"

"Oh yes," Gendo said "Bollock naked in the van."

Akemi's howls of laughter joined Gendo's.

"Good old Istu!" he laughed "I never thought he'd manage it but he has!"

Toshiki looked at the others. Joe was looking a bit shocked but not very bothered. Tai's face was bone white and his fists were clenched. Toshiki had been wondering from the start of the trip if Tai still had feelings other than friendship for Matt. It seemed pretty likely considering his reaction at the moment.

"Oh this is priceless!" Akemi chuckled "Priceless! And here was I, thinking that our Yama had taste!"

He started laughing again.

"Oh shut up!" Tai snapped "It's not that funny!"

Everyone looked at him. Tai scowled and stalked out of the room.

"Well, well, well," Gendo said "So Yagami Lover-Boy does still think of our Ishida as his property. I did wonder."

"Hey Joe!" Akemi said "Do you still like Matt? Could be a three-way fight!"

Toshiki looked at Joe again. Joe was looking embarrassed and trying to fade into the wall.

"No!" he spluttered "Matt's my friend! That's all. No more!"

Akemi snickered.

"Yeah," he said "We believe you."

"Well it's true," Joe muttered. He stood up and mumbled something about finding Tai before making a hasty escape.

"Ohhhh, this looks like fun!" Akemi said happily "I wonder if those two have woken up yet?"

* * * *

Matt stirred drowsily. He didn't want to get up. He was comfortable and warm and he'd been having such a nice dream....

He shifted slightly again and felt Istu's arms round him and everything jerked back with violent clarity. Matt's eyes snapped open and he stared at Istu who even in sleep was looking smug.

"Oh crap."

* * * *

Tai was staring out over the gardens when someone suddenly touched him on the shoulder. He jumped violently and turned. It was Matt.

"Oh," Tai said.

"Hey," Matt said. He sat down next to Tai, not looking at him. There was a pause.

"Look Tai," Matt said at last "I'm really sorry."

"Really?" Tai said stiffly "Why?"

"You know why," Matt said "I really didn't mean to kiss you like that. I was stoned, you know I was. I'm really sorry."

Tai sighed.

"Still friends?" Matt asked.

"Stupid," Tai said "Of course we're still friends."

Matt smiled at him. Tai nervously returned it.

"So I hear you and Istu have been having fun," he said.

Matt groaned.

"Does everyone know about that already?"

"Toshiki and Gendo saw you in the van," Tai said "How's Istu then?"

"He's.....what exactly do you mean by that remark?" Matt said suspiciously.

Tai couldn't help laughing.

"I mean, is he all right, not how good is he when you....you know," he said.

"Istu is fine," Matt said "And you are eighteen and fully old enough to say 'when you and Istu shagged'. It's okay you know."

Tai nodded but didn't say anything. Matt got the distinct feeling that it wasn't okay at all. The two of them sat next to each other silently for a while.

* * * *

Matt was the last in the van the next day. He wasn't in the mood for all the teasing he was going to get. When Istu had come out of the van, all the band had high-fived him and they'd already been teasing Matt mercilessly about sleeping with Istu.

"Hey Matt!"

"Morning Matt."

"Hi Matt."

"Hey."

"Morning."

"Hi beautiful!"

"Shut up Istu," Matt said. Istu just grinned smugly. Matt suddenly noticed that he was wearing a badge that Matt hadn't seen before.

"I screwed Matt Ishida," he read "ISTU!"

"Akemi made it for me," Istu said as everyone else fell about laughing "Isn't it nice?"

"You cannot wear that in public," Matt said.

"Oh relax," Akemi said "It's in Japanese. Nobody'll understand it here."

"It's when we get home that I'm worrying about," Matt said,

"Aw is little Matt ashamed of himself?" Akemi teased "I have to say, your taste is terrible but it's really not that bad...."

"Shut up!" Matt ordered.

Everyone laughed.

"Okay, let's...." Gendo began.

"Oh no wait!" Akemi yelled. He leapt out of the van and rushed back inside.

"Now where's he gone?" Gendo demanded crossly.

"Oh I know," Toshiki said suddenly "He's not written his graffiti yet."

"Oh hell," Gendo said.

Akemi hurried back a few moments later looking smug.

"Okay. NOW we can go," he said.

"What did you write?" Tai asked.

Akemi grinned.

"Istu Katsuragi screwed Yamato Ishida in this hotel," he said.

"Akemi!" Matt yelled "Tell me you didn't!"

"Okay, I didn't," Akemi said.

Matt looked relieved.

"Did you really?" Istu whispered in Akemi's ear.

"Hell yes," Akemi said "He asked me to tell him that I didn't. He didn't say I had to tell the truth!"

Both boys started laughing. Matt glanced at them and then stared haughtily out of the window. Istu playfully wrapped his arms round Matt's waist and licked his ear. Matt swatted at him, smiling. Istu leaned forward and kissed his nose. When Matt didn't protest, Istu leaned in and kissed him lightly on the mouth.

"Hey! No sex while I'm driving!" Gendo yelled.

"Yeah, wait till Tai is, then Gendo can join in!" Akemi said.

Everyone started laughing. Matt shoved Istu off who fell straight into Akemi's lap.

"Are any of you strapped in back there?" Gendo asked.

"Are you watching the road?" Toshiki asked pointedly.

Gendo swore and swerved to avoid a lorry that was coming at them. Everyone started laughing again. Only Tai was silent. He just sat there watching, an unreadable look on his face. Joe noticed this and tried to catch Tai's eye to see if he was okay. But Tai avoided Joe's eye and stared out of the window, looking lonely.

* * * *

Gendo knew exactly where they were stopping. They would park there all night and sleep in the caravan. It was also only a little way away from a gay club that Candy had recommended.

"I really don't think I'll go," Tai said.

"Oh come on," Gendo said "They'll be straight people there! And you can always refuse all offers of sex. You have to come! I give you full permission to get bladdered!"

"I don't get bladdered!" Tai snapped.

"Oh," Gendo said blinking "You mean you haven't just not been getting drunk because you thought you had a duty?"

"No," Tai said.

"Oh," Gendo said. Then he shrugged "Oh well. You are coming anyway and that's final."

Tai sulked but he obligingly got dressed up and they went down to the club. It was noisy and cheerful in there.

"Oh goody it's one of these happy ones," Akemi said "I will see you guys later. Or not."

He vanished off quickly. Gendo grabbed Tai's arm.

"Come on," he said firmly "You need to let your hair down."

He looked at Tai's hair and paused.

"Well, you need to have some fun," he said firmly "Come on."

He dragged Tai off to the bar. Matt wandered off up on one of the balconies after buying some beer and sat there, watching people dance and listening to everyone else's conversations. It was always fun doing that. Like finding out about little chunks of people's lives.

He'd lost track of time and was still happily listening to the two men talking beside him (one of them appeared to be moping over some girl, the other one who spoke with an accent that made him trickier to understand appeared to trying to cheer him up while talking about some other girl who he liked) when his eyes suddenly focused on the dance floor. Tai was happily dancing there, surrounded by a flock of girls and guys. A dark haired girl in a very revealing top had pressed up close and was rubbing herself all over him. Tai didn't seem to have any problems with this at all.

Matt felt violent waves of jealous spreading though him like a hot wave. How dare that little slag snuggle herself with his Tai like that? And how could Tai let her?

Angrily, he stalked down from the balcony and found Gendo, Toshiki, Istu and Joe talking together (Akemi had not yet reappeared.)

"How much did you give him to drink?" Matt asked thought gritted teeth.

"Who? Oh Tai," Gendo said "Well I bought him two beers and slopped in a load of vodka." He looked at Tai "Nice choice. Good girl."

"First word jail, second word bait," Matt said tightly.

"Ooh, is Ishida jealous?" Istu said teasingly "And I thought I was the only guy for you!"

Matt angrily turned away. The band looked at each other, smiling knowingly as they saw Matt's face darken as he watched Tai still dancing with the girl. The song finished and Tai walked over (only weaving a tiny bit) to the band and sat down, not even seeming to notice Matt. Matt bit his lip and swallowed crossly. A slower song was starting now. Matt suddenly just knew what he was going to do. Stepping over, he caught hold of Joe's wrist.

"C'mon. Let's dance."

"Okay," Joe agreed, looking a bit surprised but following Matt willingly onto the dance floor.

Tai looked up from his third pint (also with liberal lashings of vodka in it). He saw Matt pull Joe onto the dance floor and the two of them start dancing. Well, not dancing. Joe wasn't dancing. Matt was dancing. Or rather, rubbing himself all over Joe.

Tai felt his hand tighten round the pint glass as he watched Matt press closer to Joe, moving his hips gently against Joe's. He caught hold of Joe's hands and pulled them round so they were resting in the hollow of his lower back before loosely draping his own arms round Joe's neck.

"Oh boy," Tai heard Gendo chortle "Someone's lit a fire in Ishida at the moment!"

"You reckon him and Joe are gonna screw?" Istu asked.

"Anyone want to place bets?"

Tai felt his jaw clench. He downed his pint in a gulp, his eyes fixed on Matt and Joe. His face got darker and darker as the dance went on.

Joe was feeling slightly uncomfortable. He knew that Matt was only doing it because he wanted to upset Tai. At least, that was why he assumed Matt was doing it. It made him feel embarrassed and a bit silly.

Matt leaned in, pressing his cheek against Joe's. He drew back (but not much) still gently moving them to the time of the music. The lights were reflecting off his gold-blonde hair and in his blue eyes. Joe had forgotten just how beautiful he was. Matt smiled at him lightly and bucked his hips slightly. Joe gasped a bit, not expecting it. Matt leaned in.

"Joe," he whispered "Did I ever thank you? For helping me that time? Properly I mean."

"Um, well it depends on your definition of properly," Joe said faintly.

Matt reached up and brushed his fingers down over Joe's lips very gently, then letting them slide down his neck until his hand was resting on the top of Joe's chest. Joe gulped painfully, aware that he was getting aroused by all of this.

"Don't you wish I would?"

As the music ended Matt leaned in and kissed Joe, very gently but with a certain pressure that made Joe ache with wanting more. Then Matt drew away, smiling playfully and walked off, leaving Joe standing in the centre of the dance floor feeling distinctly embarrassed. He shot off the dance floor like a rabbit and tried to hide in the shadows. He would have gone over to the band but seeing Tai's face, he decided that he'd rather not. Besides, he couldn't get Matt out of his head now. Matt's face, his warm body, his hands....

Joe tried not to groan. Oh hell.

At the band table, Tai ordered a tequila slammer.

* * * *

About an hour later, Joe looked at Tai. He was hammered. No doubt about it, he was truly hammered. In fact, in was only the table that was keeping him up.

Joe looked around hopefully but the rest of the band were long gone. Akemi had gone off with a large group of boys and Joe didn't even want to think about what they were doing. Gendo had gone to bed. Istu and Toshiki had followed. Matt was nowhere to be found.

Joe sighed and walked over.

"Hey," he said gently "Tai?"

Tai looked blearily at him.

"Hi!" he said and started giggling. Joe sighed.

"Come on Tai," he said, hoisting Tai up by the arms "It's time for bed."

"No," Tai said sulkily "I like it here."

"Tough," Joe said "You've drunk too much. Anyway, they're closing soon."

Tai pouted. Joe ignored this and carefully led him out of the bar and down the road. Tai began to sing something in a mixture of Japanese and English, his voice warbling cheerfully.

"Stop it," Joe ordered.

"Isn't I good?" Tai asked, then frowned. He didn't think that had come out quite right.

"No," Joe said "You aren't. I think you could be sued for making that terrible noise."

Tai scowled. Joe led him over to a water barrel and dunked his head in it. Tai spluttered and blinked and looked somewhat more sober. Joe still had to support him but he stopped singing.

"Matt likes you," he said suddenly.

"Huh? Oh," Joe felt himself blush and was glad it was dark "No Tai. Not really."

"He liked to sleep with you," Tai said.

"Well.....Matt's got a big sexual appetite I guess," Joe said "I cannot believe we are having this conversation!"

He hadn't meant to say the last part out loud and it was only when Tai starting giggling that he realised he had. He also realised that he must have drunk more than he'd thought.

"I couldn't make Matt happy," Tai said sadly.

"Well, not then," Joe said "But maybe soon...."

"You couldn't either though!" Tai said, his tone brightening.

"Oh thank you so much," Joe said.

Tai suddenly stopped walking and Joe nearly fell over. He looked at Tai. Tai was staring up at him.

"Maybe we can make each other happy," he whispered.

Before Joe was even aware of what was happening, Tai was kissing him, gently but firmly on the mouth. His head was beginning to spin painfully and he wasn't sure what to do.

"Tai.....Tai, stop."

"Why?" Tai breathed in his ear "Why? It's a holiday. We're supposed to loosen up remember? Have a good time."

He kissed Joe again more forcefully.

"Kiss me," he ordered.

Joe didn't mean to but somehow he couldn't help remembering when Tai had been the leader and always obeying his orders. He found himself kissing Tai back, letting Tai push him back against the wall and run his hands under Joe's shirt. His hands were warm but they weren't as smooth and slender as Matt's.....

Joe pushed Tai away.

"No," he said "No! We can't do this Tai. We can't. Think about Sora. Think about Matt!"

Tai stared at him. One of the names had obviously struck a chord. Joe didn't even want to think about which one. Tai stood quite still for a moment. Then he turned and ran away leaving Joe standing dishevelled by the wall.

* * * *

The next day, the travelling was quieter. Tai wasn't speaking to anybody (partly because of his appalling hangover which meant he wished he was dead) and neither was Matt. Joe spoke but not much and he seemed to be sinking into his own little world. The atmosphere left the band feeling uneasy and none of them wanted to put their feet in it. They stopped for lunch at a Burger King and Akemi vented his feelings by going into the toilets and writing in big letters using one of those black marker pens which take months to wash off. He wrote things like 'Save this Burger King - shoot the cooks' and 'Keep smiling - it makes everyone wonder what you're up to.' He then went out feeling much better, only to find that the rest of the group had been thrown out after Joe had dumped his soda over Tai's head. They were waiting in the van for him and the atmosphere seemed to be perfectly friendly again even if Matt was still a little withdrawn from the group. They drove steadily onwards, laughing and joking and only stopped when Gendo realised that he'd been reading the map upside down.

* * * *

"Hiya!" Mimi squealed. She threw her arms round Tai and hugged him "Oh it's so nice to see you!"

Letting Tai go she hugged all the others. Toshiki noticed that her hug lingered slightly with Matt but didn't say anything. Mimi ushered them all inside.

"You're later than I thought you'd be," she said.

"Yeah well there's been a few accidents with the maps along the way," Matt said.

Mimi raised an eyebrow.

"Well first of all we couldn't read them," Akemi said "Then we split beer all over the first one and had to buy a new one. Then Gendo lost his temper and ripped the new one up. Then Gendo lost his temper again and threw the next new one out of the window. And then the last one we had met with an unfortunate.....accident."

Mimi opened her mouth.

"You don't want to know," Matt told her.

Mimi laughed.

"I've got so much planned for you all!" she said excitedly "We have to go shopping..... and out to parties.....and of course there's my party where you'll be playing....."

"For half price," Gendo said.

Mimi nodded happily.

"Are you gonna tell her that her half price is everyone else's three quarter price?" Akemi whispered.

"No," Gendo said.

Luckily, Mimi missed this exchange. She was smiling cheerfully at Matt who was grinning back a bit confusedly, obviously wondering why Mimi was staring at him so much.

"I don't think you'll do much good with her Akemi," Istu murmured "I think she likes our Yama much better."

"And poor ikle Matt's oblivious," Akemi said with a chuckle.

"My parents are away," Mimi said brightly "So we don't have to worry about being noisy or messy or anything!"

"Yeah!" Akemi cheered.

They ended up watching TV while catching Mimi up on everything. Tai send Kari a E-mail that read:

We're at Mimi's. Everything's great, enjoying life. No one can map-read, will never take Geography for granted again. Got very drunk, bad hangover, will never touch booze again. Hope you lot are all well - love Tai.

He sent it not really wanting to write anything else. He didn't want to tell Kari that Matt had kissed him, then slept with Istu, or that Matt had danced provocatively with Joe or that Tai was in any way jealous about any of these things.

Or that he, Tai, had kissed Joe.

Tai gulped. He glanced at Joe. Joe was talking to Mimi, telling her a story about something. What had he been thinking of? He'd never even considered Joe in that way before. Joe was Joe, reliable nice guy. Tai had never even seen Joe as attractive.

But now....

Angrily Tai shook his head. He walked back into the room and sat near the TV, staring at the film which wasn't really sinking in. He could hear Matt laughing with the band and was shocked to find hot tears stinging his eyes. Pushing them away fiercely, he continued to stare at the film, wishing with all his heart that he was back home.

* * * *

"They liked you!" Mimi yelled ecstatically.

"WO-HOOOOO!" the band all cheered.

Mimi's party had been a cracking success. The band had played cheerfully for hours and several people had booked them.

"Can we finish off the alcohol now?" Akemi asked.

Mimi giggled and nodded. The band all promptly pounced on the drinks table.

"Where are Joe and Tai?" Istu asked.

"Sleeping," Mimi said "I excused them."

Matt tried to limit his alcohol content. He didn't feel like a hangover. But Mimi seemed determined to get him drunk, fetching him lots of drinks, chattering away to him and generally being very sociable. Soon Matt's head was spinning and he was very tipsy. Mimi settled down on the arm of the chair he was sitting on and started playing with his hair.

"Mind the hair," Matt ordered a bit sleepily "It's a masterpiece."

Mimi giggled.

"I know," she said "Your hair's beautiful."

Matt smiled at her. Mimi slipped down easily onto his lap. Matt was a little surprised but it felt nice having her there and he was in no real state to complain. Mimi was still twirling strands of his hair round her fingers. Her other hand was stroking his chest gently.

"Hey, getting a bit close aren't you?" Akemi said, glancing over at the two of them.

Matt opened his mouth to reply and Mimi kissed him before he could. Her mouth was warm and she smelled like some sort of pink flowers. Matt instinctively kissed her back, reaching up and pulling her closer.

"Is this a private moment because we can leave you alone," Gendo said.

Akemi scowled. He had grabbed the remainder of the popcorn and was obviously preparing to watch Matt and Mimi do whatever they were going to do.

"No," Mimi said calmly. She stood up and pulled Matt up with her "We'll use my room. Thanks for playing, don't disturb us."

She pulled Matt into her room and closed the door. The band looked at each other.

"What a slut," Akemi said.

"Takes one to know one," Toshiki said.

Akemi sniffed.

"I am no slut," he said "Anyone want to come and screw in the back of the van?"

The band all laughed.

"I'm going to bed," Istu said "My one true love is having sex with the hostess. I have no reason to live."

"The window's that way," Akemi said.

Istu threw some crisps at him and went to bed. The other members of the band followed suit. All though they didn't know it, they were all thinking the same thing.

What on Earth will Tai say in the morning?

* * * *

Tai woke up feeling tired. He could see the others all sprawled round fast asleep. Then he paused and counted the various humps around the room. There were only five. Who was missing?

Tai scrambled up and went round looking at each person's face. Matt was the only person not there.

Tai shook Istu very gently.

"Where's Matt?" he whispered.

"Uh? Matt? Try Mimi's room," Istu mumbled and fell asleep again.

Tai frowned. Mimi's room? Why would Matt be in Mimi's room?

He walked out and looked at the mess. That was a lot of mess, even in his standards. Shrugging, he walked over to Mimi's door and pushed it open. The he stared.

Matt and Mimi was lying under Mimi's pink sheets. With nothing on.

As Tai stood there, staring silently at the two of them, he saw Matt stir. Matt's deep blue eyes flickered open and he looked around looking a bit confused. His eyes lit on Tai standing there staring at them.

"Hi," he whispered "You'd better go. If Mimi wakes up...."

Tai closed the door. His stomach was clenching and he thought he was going to be sick.

Matt and Mimi. Matt and Mimi. Together.

"Tai?"

Tai looked up and realised that he was sitting on the floor, his face buried in his knees. Toshiki was looking down at him.

"Matt and Mimi have slept together," Tai said.

"Yeah," Toshiki said. He sat down next to Tai "And that bothers you because....?"

"Well....because.....because Matt's just acting like a slut!" Tai exploded. Toshiki gestured for him to lower his voice and Tai obeyed "I mean first it's various groupies and then it's Istu and then he starts rubbing himself all over Joe and now Mimi! Who next huh? You? Gendo? Akemi?????"

"No need to hold Akemi in quite such contempt," Toshiki said with a small smile "Just because he's a little....a little...."

"Slut-like?" Tai suggested "Like Matt's becoming!"

"Is that really what's bothering you?" Toshiki asked.

Tai looked at him.

"You and Matt used to date," Toshiki said "I mean you haven't for over a year. But maybe you still feel possessive towards him."

As Tai opened his mouth to answered dammingly, Toshiki added in an off hand manner:

"I know he still feels possessive of you."

"Huh?" Tai said.

"Matt still sees you as his even if you are dating Sora," Toshiki said, still in the same casual manner "I know it bothers him."

"It does?" Tai said.

"Yeah," Toshiki said. He scrambled "I'm going to start on the clearing up. Wanna help?"

"Sure," Tai said. His head was reeling. Matt still saw him as his? Matt still liked him?

Toshiki hoped that he'd done the right thing with this. He knew it was risky getting involved with Matt and Tai's relationship. But he did know that Matt still liked Tai and it was obvious that Tai still liked Matt. And it was irritating watching the two of them trying to either make the other one jealous or trying to pretend that they didn't think the other one was hot.

* * * *

Matt and Mimi didn't say anything about what they'd done. Matt seemed uncomfortable around Mimi but Mimi seemed cheerful enough around everyone and not at all abashed. Tai was very stiff around Matt and while he was talking, he certainly wasn't normal. This made Matt distinctly more depressed than he might have been otherwise. Mimi, noticing that the atmosphere wasn't quite right, decided to take everyone out clubbing.

"You know," Toshiki said to Gendo as they got ready "I have a bad feeling about this."

"Why?" Gendo asked.

Toshiki shrugged.

"Whenever we all go out together, something always seems to happen," he said "And with things as strained as they are....I'm just a bit worried, that's all."

Gendo shrugged nervously. Now Toshiki had mentioned it, he couldn't help worrying too.

"Well, let's just hope you're wrong," he said.

Toshiki nodded.

"Yeah. Let's hope."

* * * *

The club was a good one. It was large and cheerful. Everyone got separated very quickly. Mimi said that they could stay out as long as they wanted but if they stayed out until after 1:00, they'd have to sleep in their caravan. Tai found himself sitting at a table, spurning girls who asked him dance. He couldn't help feeling lonely. He suddenly realised that he was homesick. He missed Kari and Sora. And everything was just more simple at home.

It had never occurred to Tai that Matt's band might really be into the rock and roll lifestyle. Matt had sometimes claimed it but he'd always assumed that it was a joke. And he'd never realised how much Matt was into it as well. Tai couldn't help worrying about him. He didn't want to see Matt hurt after all....

Tai sighed and ran his hands though his hair. Scrambling up, he decided that it was time for him to go home. He'd had enough.

Then he paused.

He could see Matt dancing nearby, surrounded by a flock of pretty girls. Akemi was with him and they were happily flirting and getting pretty touchy. None of the girls seemed to have a problem with it. They seemed to think it was funny. As Tai watched, Akemi caught hold of Matt's hand and pulled him slightly closer so they were standing together, still dancing with the girls. The girls looked even more excited. They had obviously picked up on what Akemi was implying, threesome. One of them reached out and stroked her hand playfully down Matt's face. He laughed and ducked away from her, bumping into another girl who looked rather pleased about it. It seemed to Tai to be like a cattle market with Akemi and Matt choosing the 'best' girl for a night of fun. Tai felt a jolt of anger go though him. What the hell was wrong with Matt? Had he always been this much of a slut of was it just that Tai's opinion of him had changed? Maybe Matt had always been like this, after all, he had slept with both Joe and Davis while he'd been dating Tai. Tai watched as Akemi leaned forward and kissed Matt on the lips. The girls all cheered and laughed. Tai would have thought that it would have put them off but more of them seemed to be coming, flocking round like bees. Akemi pulled one closer to him, letting her rub against him, still keeping one arm round Matt's waist, his hand resting on Matt's hip.

Tai felt something snap inside him. He felt like lava was running though him, burning him up. He pushed his way though the crowd of girls, grabbed Matt's hand, wrenching him away from Akemi and pulled him away. Matt struggled a bit but Tai ignored him. He pulled him out of the club into the cool night air.

"Tai what the hell are you....?"

"Shut up."

Tai dragged Matt though the streets back to Mimi's apartment. He unlocked the back of the van and shoved Matt inside, then climbed in himself, closing the door behind him.

"Tai, what's going on?" Matt demanded, looking angry "What the hell are you playing at?"

Tai kissed him, a fiery passionate kiss. He felt Matt freeze in shock and then eagerly respond, kissing him back. Tai pushed them back against the pile of cushions that was always there, his lips hard on Matt's, crushing the blonde to him. He began to tug at Matt's clothes and Matt surrendered willingly, letting Tai undo his shirt to reach his skin. Tai ran his hands over Matt's chest, letting his hands go lower, enjoying Matt's moans.

"Tai...."

"You want this don't you?" Tai hissed savagely "This is what you've always wanted from me isn't it?"

Matt's eyes opened with confusion.

"What?"

"One good fuck," Tai said "That's what you've always wanted from me isn't it? Well are you glad to get it now?"

Matt was looking shocked.

"Tai....that's not true," he said "I've always..."

Tai kissed him again, shutting him up.

"It's what you wanted tonight isn't it?" he hissed in Matt's ear "Someone to fuck you senseless? I just hope I can be as good as Akemi and whatever little piece of slutty trash you were going to pick up. Or as good as Mimi and Istu and Joe and Davis and God knows who else before me."

He kissed Matt again, reaching down for the flies on Matt's trousers. Matt shoved him away.

"No," he said "No Tai, stop. Stop."

Tai ignored him. He unzipped Matt trousers and kissed Matt painfully. Matt struggled but Tai was strong, was holding him down so he couldn't escape.

"Tai, please!"

"Don't you want this Yama?" Tai snarled at him "Don't you just want skin? Flesh? A warm body next to yours? Someone to touch you and not even try for anything else in the morning?"

He began to remove Matt's trousers properly, kissing him again, still holding him down.

"Tai, please!" Matt cried "Please stop, please stop! Don't hurt me Tai, please don't hurt me!"

He was crying Tai saw suddenly, crying with terror. The lava was suddenly gone, replaced by a river of ice the shot though him, bringing reality and horror.

"Oh....oh god," he whispered brokenly, scrambling off Matt and backing away "God Matt, I'm sorry, I.....oh god are you okay?"

Matt didn't answer. He'd curled himself up into a frightened ball and was sobbing violently. Tai stared helplessly at him.

"Please Matt, answer me," he said desperately "Are you okay?"

Matt looked at him, his sapphire eyes filled with betrayal.

"How could you say those things to me?" he asked, his voice cracking painfully.

"I just..." Tai broke off.

"That's what you think of me?" Matt said "You think I'm just a slut? Someone who just jumps on the first pretty person who comes by?"

Tai swallowed.

"Matt, I...."

He stopped. It was true.

"You do, don't you?" Matt said "Is that what you think I saw in our relationship? You think that I just wanted your body?"

"Well what am I supposed to think?" Tai yelled "You spent our whole relationship trying to push me into going further! It was the reason we broke up! You cheated on me twice! And now I see that you just throw yourself at anyone. Yes, I do think you're a slut Matt because that's the impression you've given me! All I've seen you do is throw yourself on people this entire holiday, screw them, then just go! What do you expect me to think about our relationship except that all you wanted was to screw me!"

Matt's face was white. He was still crying and was shaking violently.

"I never saw you as just a fuck!" he shouted "Never! How can you think that? I love you!"

Tai opened his mouth to reply, then stopped.

'I love you!'

Matt was using present tense. Not past tense. Present tense.

"You love me?"

Matt stared at him.

"Yes Tai," he said "I never stopped. I never will."

Tai leaned back against the van. He stared at Matt in shock. Okay, so Toshiki had said that Matt loved him and he'd sort of wondered but Matt actually telling him that he was still in love with him....

Matt was still crying. He hadn't bothered to readjust his clothes or anything. Tai stared at him.

"I didn't know," he said.

"No," Matt sobbed "No, you couldn't see it could you? You could see everything but you couldn't see that! Instead you had to go with Whora and leave me watching! I never stopped loving you Tai, never! You know why we split up and it wasn't anything to do with stopping loving you!"

"Don't you call her that!" Tai said angrily "Why didn't you say anything?"

"Say what?" Matt yelled "You were with Whora! What was I supposed to do, prance up and say 'I love you'? Yeah, that would have gone down really well wouldn't it?"

"I TOLD YOU NOT TO CALL HER THAT!" Tai shouted.

"I don't care!" Matt screamed back "Why should I care? I love you and she took you away from me! She is a whore!"

"She's still a virgin, unlike you!" Tai spat "At least she doesn't drown her sorrows in drink or get high or fuck whoever she feels like it without thinking about the consequences! At least she's never cheated on me! I'd rather be with her than you!"

Matt punched him. Tai banged his head on the back of the van and blinked, seeing stars. He stared at Matt who stared back. Matt broke the staring match first.

"I'm sorry," he said softly "I'm sorry I wasn't a better boyfriend. I'm so sorry."

"Yeah," Tai said harshly "Skip it."

He ripped open the van door and got out. He looked back at Matt scornfully.

"We're finished," he said "You don't come near me. Once this trip's over, we don't speak again. You sleep with whoever you like Matt. Go and jump into Mimi's arms if you want. I don't care."

He walked away, leaving Matt huddled in the back of the van.

* * * *

The next day, the atmosphere was awful. Nobody knew exactly what had happened but Tai was like a thundercloud and Matt appeared to have sunk into a black pit of despair from which nobody could pull him out of.

"I knew something awful would happen," Toshiki said.

"Yes," Gendo said "I just wish we knew what did happen."

The only time Matt woke up from his misery was when a string on his guitar broke. Going to grab another one, he found his strings all strangely coiled up and more spring-like that anything else.

"Who's been playing with my guitar strings?" he asked.

The band looked at each other.

"What's happened to my guitar strings?" Matt asked.

"Tai's been using them as Slinkys," Akemi said.

"Oh."

At the mention of Tai's name, Matt sank back into himself. The band exchanged worried expressions but didn't try to press. They knew from experience that when Matt was like this, nothing would stir him from his black mood. They left him to attempt to make the strings better. Joe told them anxiously that Mimi was feeling sick and lying down.

"Probably this awful atmosphere," Gendo said "When are we going home?"

"We've got another week," Joe said.

"This was supposed to be a fun trip," Akemi said "Trust those two to muck it up."

"Yeah," Toshiki said "I guess."

* * * *

The week passed slowly. The band escaped from the problem by partying as much as possible. Mimi didn't seem to be very well for most of it although she was obviously making an effort to be cheerful. Matt veered from moping to wild partying. Tai didn't do anything much. Joe attempted to talk to him but it didn't really work. Tai was off in a little world as much as Matt was.

"I don't understand you," Joe said eventually "You and Matt have been thick as thieves all holiday. You got mad when he did that dance with me but you made up. So why are you now so angry with each other?"

Tai shook his head.

"It's nothing."

"Liar," Joe said "Tai, I want to know. I want to help you."

"You can't," Tai said "You can't Joe. I know you like to be the fix-it guy but there are some things that you just can't fix. This is one of them. I guess me and Matt are just....just not alike enough."

He started to cry then, deep wracking sobs. Joe hugged him close, murmuring soothing words even though he didn't understand why Tai was crying and what had happened to make him despair so badly.

* * * *

"TAI!"

Tai laughed and caught Kari as she threw herself at him. She hugged him giggling.

"It's great to see you!" she said "I've missed you!"

"Me too," Tai said "Did you get my letters?"

"Yes," Kari said "I'm expecting ALL the details!"

"Hey Kari," Matt said.

"Hey Matt!" Kari said waving.

TK hurtled up and hugged his brother. Matt hugged him back tightly.

"Nice to see you little bro," he mumbled "Nice to see you."

"It's not fair," Gendo grumbled "None of my family's bothered to come and greet me. Maybe I'll just hop onto a return flight and see how long it takes them to notice my absence!"

"Moaner," Akemi said.

"C'mon," Tai said "Let's go. I'm tired."

Kari grinned.

"Jet-lag. Okay. See you guys!"

She waved at the others who waved back. She noticed that Matt was staring at them, his eyes strangely full of glittering tears. But when she looked again, he was talking to TK and looking fine.

Kari helped Tai with his luggage, wondering what had really happened on the holiday.

* * * *

Another month passed. As he'd said, Tai didn't speak to Matt at all. He avoided Joe and the band too. He wasn't sure why. But everytime he saw any of them, guilt washed over him like a black cloud, darkening everything.

Tai knew that he'd been wrong to say what he'd said to Matt. He also knew that he'd been hypocritical. He'd danced with more than his share of girls, he'd kissed Joe and almost taken it further and with Matt.....

Tai shuddered. He couldn't admit, even to himself that he'd come damn close to raping Matt that night. At the least, he'd have sexually assaulted him. Practically had really.

Tai groaned. Home felt too cramped. He wasn't sure why. But it felt cramped and just suffocating. Okay, so when he'd been with the band, they'd been in closer sleeping quarters than he was at home. But there'd been a freedom, an abandonment that he didn't have here. And Matt....

Tai shook his head. Why couldn't he get the blonde out of his head? He didn't care about Matt anymore, he didn't care dammit!"

"Tai? It's Sora on the phone."

Tai looked at Kari.

"Kari can you tell her I'm sleeping?" he said.

Kari gave him a funny look and went out. Tai leaned back against the bed.

That was another problem. Sora. Everytime he saw her, guilt cut him up inside. He'd betrayed her more than once on the holiday. If she ever found out, it would hurt her so much....

"What's going on?"

It was Kari. She walked over and sat next to him.

"Huh?" Tai said.

"What is going on?" Kari repeated "Don't lie to me Tai. You keep blowing Sora off. Ever since that holiday, you've been weird. Now what's up?"

Tai shook his head.

"Kari....it's complicated...."

"We have time," Kari said calmly "Since you aren't leaving this room until you tell me. Now. What's wrong?"

Tai groaned. Then he blurted it all out, in a rush of words that spilled out. Kari listened, her eyes getting larger and larger.

"My God Tai," she said at the end "Why didn't you say?"

Tai shook his head.

"What am I going to do Kari?" he asked.

"I don't know," Kari said "What about exactly?"

"Sora," Tai said.

"That's something only you can work out," Kari said "But I think you should break up with her or tell her."

Tai looked at his sister. She stared back solemnly.

"Tai, she will find out. Look at what happened when you and Matt were in a relationship. Every time one of you did something against the rules, it came out into the open sooner or later. You can't do stuff like this in such a close circle of friends. Sora will get to know and she will murder you if it's not from you."

Tai nodded.

"She'll break up with me if I tell her," he said.

"You can't be sure of that. But if she did, would you mind much?"

Tai stared at her.

"You were willing enough to cheat on her," Kari said.

Tai sighed.

"I don't know Kari, I just don't know," he said.

"And you need to sort things out with Matt," Kari said.

Tai opened his mouth and she held up her hand to stop him speaking.

"No, listen to me Tai. Seeing him messing with other people got you mad, mad enough to do something that wasn't only incredibly stupid, it was border-line crime. You can't do stuff like that. If Matt had chosen to take it further, you might be looking at a prison sentence right about now. You have to work out a solution between you both, something that will keep you both happy."

"This one seems to be working well enough," Tai said mutinously.

"Except that neither of you are happy," Kari pointed out "TK called a while ago. Apparently, Matt's been moping around since the band trip. And you're the same. You have to sort this out Tai."

Tai's shoulders slumped. Kari looked at him.

"Go out," she ordered "Have a walk, have a think. The air will help, believe me."

Tai nodded. Scrambling up, he walked out.

He wandered round the town for ages, everything going round his head in a steady, continuous swirl. It wasn't really helping but he was realising more and more that Kari was right. Not only did he have to break up with Sora, he had to sort everything out with Matt....

There was a flash of lightning and a roll of thunder almost at that instant. Rain began gushing down, plastering Tai's hair to his head and soaking him. He turned to run home...

Then he heard the sobbing.

He was in the park which was deserted. Only it wasn't because he was there and so was a crying person.

Tai wanted to leave but he knew that he couldn't. He had to help whoever it was who was crying. They would be getting drenched, probably get pneumonia in this rain. And to cry like that, something had to be really, really wrong. Tai followed the noise to a clump of bushes and trees. Carefully, he wriggled though them and then stopped and stared.

Matt was hunched up on the ground like a wounded animal. The rain was soaking him but he didn't seem to care. His fingers were digging into the muddy ground. His face was tear-streaked and there was mud on it too, like he'd tried to wipe his tears away with his mud-covered hands. His body was shaking like it might fall to pieces. His sobs were awful, tearing out of him in painful sounding jerks. Tai stared for a moment. Part of him still wanted to leave. He wasn't friends with Matt, not now....

But he knew he couldn't. Seeing his one-time boyfriend cry like that was more than he could bear. Heck, if it had been his worst enemy crying like that, he wouldn't have been able to stand it.

"Matt?" he said.

Matt looked round at him. His eyes were swollen and red and he was still sobbing. The anguish on his face was almost scary.

"Tai," he said "Oh Tai!"

He turned away again, still sobbing. Tai paused, then went over. Dropping to his knees, he touched Matt on the shoulder.

"Matt, please don't cry. Please stop crying Matt. What's wrong?"

Matt looked at him again.

"Oh Tai....oh Tai, everything's going wrong!" he sobbed "You were right, you were right!"

"Matt, please tell me what's the matter," Tai said anxiously. He stared at his friend and then put an arm round his shoulders. Matt remained stiff and unyielding "It can't be that bad, it just can't be...."

"It is," Matt sobbed "It is, it is! Mimi's pregnant Tai. Mimi's pregnant and she says it's mine! She's having my baby!"

Then he collapsed into Tai's arms, sobbing hysterically. Tai held him there, staring at the other end of the trees in shock.

Mimi.....pregnant......Matt's......

Oh boy.

Hee, hee. See you next part. Review me right now or else!