Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Only One ❯ I am the Voice Inside Your Head ( Prologue )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Only One

I Am the Voice Inside Your Head

By the Empress of the Eclipse

Disclaimer - I don't own Digimon or the song `Mr Self-Destruct' (which is where the chapter title came from)

All similarities between Klitch's `Deep as You Go' and this fic are all her

fault as I had the idea first and she bugged my bedroom. I SWEAR!

This will be a KENSUKE and is a KAIKEN. Yes, KAIKEN. As in, Ken and the Kaiser. As in Ken and himself. As in a relationshippy type way. If that is too freaky for you, flee now or forever hold your peace. If Yaoi is what makes you squick, you should run REALLY fast and never read another of my fics as long as you live.

~~~

"Okay guys, I need honesty," Yolei said. She took a deep breath and squared her shoulders "Come on, don't be shy. I won't be offended or anything. This has to be completely honest. I need your honesty."

She swallowed, preparing to go for broke, then held up the colour samples.

"Pastels or dark colours?"

"Pastels," Kari said instantly.

"Dark colours," TK said.

"Dark colours," Davis agreed.

"I think pastels would be better," Iori said.

"Ken!" everyone chorused, turning to look at him.

Ken winced at the attention. He was sitting beside Yolei's bed, leaning against it. The other Digidestined were in there too. It was a bright, sunny afternoon which he should have been out it, practising soccer or maybe even studying outdoors in. Maybe just lying on his balcony, looking out over the city and day-dreaming.

But he wasn't doing any of those things. What he was actually doing was helping Yolei decide which colour to have her bedroom done in.

"Um...I think pastels would be better," he said uninterestedly.

Yolei gave him her special smile, the smile she only used on him. Ken smiled weakly back, wishing she wouldn't. He wasn't remotely interested in Yolei. Not in the slightest.

~Oh gross. When is she going to realise that you'd rather fuck a dog than her?~

Ken winced again and shook his head slightly, fixing his attention on Yolei. He couldn't afford to let the voice take over now...

Yolei was now getting out more of her colour samples, obviously wanting their opinions on each individual colour.

"Isn't this exciting?" Davis whispered to Ken with a grin "Wow! Which colour will Yolei have her room painted in? The fate of the world hangs in the balance!"

"I heard that Motomiya!" Yolei said, not looking round "Just remember, YOU guys have to be here for my new-bedroom warming party so you might want to make sure it's nice for you!"

"Hey, we care!" TK protested "Only Davis and Ken don't!"

"Oh Ken never said that he didn't care," Yolei said, going all gushy again "He'd never be so impolite."

~That's what she thinks. Say what you feel Ken-chan. Go on. Say it. Tell her that she's a boring bitch and you hate her.~

"Of course I'm interested in your room Yolei," Ken said forcing a smile.

~Liar.~

"Liar," Davis whispered.

Ken leaned back against the bed, just looking at the colour samples. They all looked awful to him. Who would want their bedroom that shade of light green? For that matter, who would want their bedroom ANY shade of green? Davis settled next to him, slightly too close than it was polite to sit. Not that Ken was complaining at his closeness.

"After this is over, let's go for an ice cream," Davis suggested "You can have one of those disgusting watermelon ones you like and I'll have chocolate. My treat."

"Watermelon flavour is nice," Ken said mildly.

"But not with chocolate and vanilla sauce, with sprinkles, a cherry and a flake," Davis said, pulling a miserable face.

Ken laughed at the expression.

"I can't help it if I'm sophisticated!" he said.

"You call THAT sophisticated?"

Ken grinned at Davis, aware that his smile for Davis was the same as Yolei's smile for him. Davis didn't seem to notice, he just grinned back his normal grin.

`God, why does he have to be so gorgeous? It's just not right!'

~You'll make me sick.~

*Oh shut up!*

A sharp pain shot through his skull. Ken gasped, his hand flying to the back of his head to touch the spot where the pain came from.

"Ken? Is something wrong?"

He forced a smile at Yolei.

"No. Nothing's wrong."

Another pain crashed through his head. He sank his teeth into his lip so he wouldn't cry out. He was letting the voice take over again! And he was letting himself be hurt.

~Sweetie, you can't get rid of me. You have to succumb sooner or later.~

Another pain ricocheting around his skull. The others were all looking away now and didn't see Ken's involuntary grimace.

"I can't decide between patterned curtains or plain," Yolei was saying "I mean, the plain can look better but I do so love this red and blue flower pattern. But the plain feels nicer. I just can't decide."

~This is so boring. YOU'VE gone boring Ken-chan.~

Another pain shot through his skull. That voice. Why wouldn't he just leave him alone?

~You know why Ken-chan.~

"Excuse me," Ken said politely, standing up "I need to use the bathroom."

"Sure," Yolei said "See you in a second."

Ken walked out of the room calmly and into the bathroom. He locked the door, still appearing completely calm and serene, like any normal sixteen year old entering a bathroom.

~Are you coming through? Allow me to help you.~

There was a whooshing sound in his ears and briefly, Ken's vision was shot with a glowing silver cord. Then his knees gave way and his body collapsed in a lifeless heap on the floor as he felt himself being sucked into the depths of his own mind.

Ken had been there before and knew what to expect. But it always made him jump slightly. It wasn't how the inside of a brain should look. Inside it was strange, musty and dark, like an empty room that was hardly ever used. Around the `walls' - if you could describe them thus - was the glowing silver cord, ending in a sort of bell pull. There was nothing else in vision. Despite the walls there was an indefinable feeling of space - if there was anything that personified infinity, this was in.

"Where are you?" Ken called flatly.

"Right behind you Ken-chan."

Ken whirled and slapped the offending speakers face.

"STOP DOING THIS TO ME!" he screamed, glaring into the glasses, trying to see the indigo eyes that hid behind them.

The Digimon Kaiser smiled at him, that cruel dark smile he always smiled.

"You know you like it really," he said.

Then his arms were round Ken and he'd pulled him close so their hearts were beating together.

"No," Ken gasped before the Kaiser's lips met his in a world-shattering kiss and he let the real world slip away from him as they dropped onto the bed together.

End of Part 1.

Okay, it was more a prologue, I know. Just setting the scene. Next part will be along soon.