Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Step Ahead ❯ The Meeting ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

For this chapter try and give me more reviews and try to keep them good.

* * * * *

Davis looked surprised. He had once paid attention to Izzy's scientific babble longer enough to hear that if the same person from different time periods ever met they would cancel each other out. Effectively erasing the person from time. If this was true shouldn't he be dead already. This was all to confusing to him. But then again most things were to him. Being thrown 20 years into the future then being knocked out and dragged here. I really need that aspirin now. Just as he was thinking this, the older Tai spoke.

"Is there anything you want to ask us?"

"Ya, where are the others?"

"Well Ken and Yolie are finishing up a project for R&D and Joe is doing some check ups. Cody was the one that brought you here." For the first time they took a good look at their future friends. Cody still had his serious face but seem more tired. He had lost the innocence of childhood. It was replaced by hard determination and an anger that seemed to run deep down. He wore a black jumpsuit just like the rest. Tai had the same kind of hair he had all ways had and he also looked tired but not angry like Cody. He had a scar running from just behind his temple to the base of his jaw line. Sora who had her hand in Tai's looked just like normal but with a hint of sadness. Matt who had his arm around Mimi had eyes that seemed colder and darker. Other then that he seemed perfectly normal. Mimi other then being a little disappointed about wearing black was as happy and out-going as ever. Izzy looked hassled and a little tense. He also kept looking back at his computer anxious to get back to work. TK looked worse then any of the others. In his eyes there was desperation that looked like it was near the point of insanity. He kept looking at the future Kari with nearly uncontrolled longing. You could see that his hair was unkempt through the holes in his hat. Over all he looked like a wreck. There was no doubt that the future Kari and Davis were in love. He had his arms warped around her with his head on her shoulder and the way they looked at each other, you could tell. When the two were by each other they became happy no matter what the circumstances.

"Where are we?"

"You're in the main Headquarters for the Resistance. We can control any of the others bases around the Digital World from here. We also have state-of-the-art medical and defense facilities."

"How do we get back?"

"We don't know."

"Is there going to be a awkward silence after I'm done asking questions?"

"Probably."

"How did we get here?"

"We found you and brought you here."

"Ok."

After an awkward silence in which Izzy went back to work Tai spoke.

"Well sense you're here might as well give you the tour."

First he brought them to a wall panel that showed a layout of the base, a detailed plan of each level and the locations of every one in the base. Next he brought them to the main sickbay where they met the future Joe. Good old reliable Joe thought Kari as he insisted on seeing them the moment they got a chance to see if there were any after affects from the time portal. After seeing Joe they were greeted warmly by Ken and Yolie who were trying to create a way to stop Generationmon's Time Portal. They explained that the Resistance had come close to destroying Generationmon many times but he had always used his Time Portal to escape. They also told their young friends that it might be able to be reversed so that it could create a stable portal but it was an extreme risk. This saddened Davis and Kari but they had confidence in their friends in both time periods. When they were done talking with Ken and Yolie, Tai showed them the armory, the Comm center, lookout posts, rec. rooms and finally the food court. After they got to the food court Tai said he had to leave. Kari and Davis went and got some food and just as they were about to sit alarms started to ring. They managed to stop a young girl who just a little older then them and asked her what was going on.

Her only response was, "Were under attack."

"I thought it was crammed in here before", complained Yolie. She was complaining about the lack of space in Izzy's room sense all of the Digidestined were there with the exception of Kari and Davis. Izzy brought up what, at first glance looked liked a normal digi-port but it had a small add-on the side.

"I got this from a friend in America, he modified it so you could travel through time and so that any one could open it."

"He also said he did it because of a history report."

"Come on let's go save Kari", yelled TK

"And Davis", added Tai with a disapproving tone.

"Well Tai do you want to do the honors", asked Sora in a loving tone.

"Sure, time-game open."

* * * * *

You should know be now what I'm going to say so please read and review. Try and keep them good.