Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Hybrid Generations ❯ Revolution ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: I was kind of hesitant about releasing this chapter, but I decided to release it anyway. Please tell me what you all think. Enjoy.
 
Chapter 12: Revolution
 
Kitsune jumped to his feet and looked around for someone or something that seemed to be stalking them, “Is it a digimon?”
 
“Don't know,” Renamon peered around as well, “It might be, but it also may be something else.”
 
“Hybrid?” Kitsune asked as he slowly moved around. His mother remained silent. The sound of the waterfall continued as the son and mother waited until their stalker revealed itself. “Where are you?” Kitsune yelled. Renamon looked over to her son as if he was making a huge mistake, but she focused on what may attack them. More silence continued after the yell. “Mom, I don't think there is anything there,” Kitsune eased off a bit, “I think it left…”
 
The Tao fox too found that the sense was completely gone. “Where did it…?” Renamon began, but then realized what it may have been, “Jenrya!” She ran off. “Let's go Kitsune, your father may be in trouble!”
 
Kitsune was left by himself as his mother rushed off to make sure that Jenrya was okay, `Dad…' He was ready to rush off before he heard something again. He turned slowly to see what was right behind him. To his surprise, there was a wrapped hand with a blade connected to the arm, holding precariously close to Kitsune's neck.
 
“Hello Kitsune.”
 
Kitsune's eyes widened as he turned and saw something he wasn't expecting, yet he knew it was going to happen, “W…who are you?” he asked. For a slight moment, the hybrid thought that it was the one known as “Higura.”
 
“I'm the same as you.” The figure said quietly, barely the same volume as the waterfall in the background, “I am a hybrid.” Kitsune was now filled with a different feeling, one of mixed fear and astonishment. Kitsune realized it was not this mysterious “Higura,” but he never dropped his guard.
 
“Why did you go after me and my mom then?” He asked calmly. Kitsune had not completely turned around yet, and he was afraid to turn around. The blade was literally resting against his neck now, “I haven't done anything.”
 
“That's the problem,” The blade slowly moved away from Kitsune, with Kitsune sighing slowly. The figure beckoned Kitsune from behind to turn around. The fox boy's peripheral vision caught a glimpse of the bandaged hand again as it lowered. “You haven't done anything. Hybrids such as you and myself are forced to hide. I know how you hide your fur, tail, and ears from the public everyday.”
 
“That's because I follow the rules that my parents tell me…” Kitsune turned around to face the one talking to him. In front of the hybrid stood another hybrid, but one of a different species. He wore a yellow helmet and had blue skin, covered in scales, and had a tail as well, but one completely covered in blue scales, unlike Kitsune's bushy tail. The blade that threatened the young Lee earlier was curved up, now lying close to the hybrids' arm, “Y…you're a dragon type…”
 
“A Seadramon type to be more exact,” the hybrid of the same age as Kitsune responded, “a water dragon digimon.” He turned to watch the waterfall, “Kitsune, you must start a revolution with the other hybrids.”
 
“Wait a minute,” Kitsune adjusted his glasses, “there are other hybrids like you?”
 
“The ones you are with everyday.” The Seadramon hybrid spoke. “We both know that we cannot be apart of regular society.”
 
“I am a part of regular society,” Kitsune explained, “I may hide my tail and ears, but I am part of society nonetheless. So are the other hybrids, my friends. Keishinko and Atsuiko both are the same way. We fit into society…”
 
“That is not good enough.” The boy interrupted, “if you were to walk around with your ears and tail out, what would everyone say? How would they look at you?” Kitsune remained silent, “that's what I thought.”
 
“But, Keishinko does,” The fox boy replied, “she walks around with her ears and tail out. No one looks at her different. Look, whatever your name is, we can fit into society.”
 
“My name is Alec,” The blue-skinned hybrid told Kitsune, “and I haven't had it as easy as you or your friends have had it.”
 
“What do you mean?” Kitsune asked.
 
“Both of your parents are still alive,” Alec continued to watch the waterfall, “Your friends parents are probably still alive. Like your dad or mom, my mom was a digimon Tamer. She was 24 when she had me, and she left me in the care of my grandfather. Both mom and dad, her Seadramon, went out to fight those red amorphous creatures that attacked this world 17 years ago.” Alec sighed, “They never came back, and I don't know what the hell happened to them. My grandfather told me when I was four that they fought to save the world and helped the “legendary” Tamers defeat that monster.” He sighed, “Shortly after, my grandfather died of pneumonia. I was sent off to the foster home since there were no survivors in my family. For ten long years, every family who tried to adopt me rejected me. Every damn time I thought I could trust them, I reveal my hybrid identity to them and they return me. No questions asked.” He looked at his skin in shame, “for just a “normal” kid.”
 
Kitsune remained silent as he listened to his story. Alec continued, “When I became 14, I ran away from that foster home and began living here, in solitude. Away from the rest of the humans.” He walked over to the water and looked through it, “but then, I overheard a blue-haired man and a digimon talking about you, their son, a hybrid. When they finally brought you here, I knew I had to talk to you. I wanted to know if you shared the same passion I did. But I guess I was wrong.” He turned to face the boy once again.
 
“I honestly can say I have no idea what you are going through,” Kitsune told the truth, “I have had parents that love me. I have friends I can turn to and are the same as I am. I'm sorry Alec. But you do know you do not have to live out here by yourself. You could live with my family…”
 
Alec shook his head, “no. I belong out here in solitude.” Kitsune response to Alec's comment was simply silence. `Odd, he talks of trying to fit into society, but yet…he wants solitude.' Kitsune pondered in his mind. He decided to change the subject in a hurry.
 
“How have you been surviving out here in the middle of nowhere then? I know you have water, but what about food and other stuff?” Kitsune asked intrigued by the fact that Alec has been living in the forest for years.
 
“Food and water is no problem,” Alec responded, “Building a shelter is also not hard. I learned that since I am a hybrid, I could actually live longer than humans without food or water. I actually only have to eat once a week and drink water only a couple times a week.” Kitsune looked shock, `hybrids can do that?' “As for clothing,” The blue skinned boy looked at his torn shirt and torn long pants, “I have used these clothes since I ran away.”
 
“Education?” Kitsune continued to ask questions.
 
“I learn from eavesdropping,” Alec said. “I also eavesdrop at the nearest school, jumping on rooftops and treetops and staying in the shadows right outside an open window as the lectures happen.”
 
Kitsune looked at his bandaged right hand, “what happened to your hand?”
 
Alec looked at his own hand, “I got into a fight yesterday with a digimon.”
 
“A digimon?” Kitsune asked, surprised.
 
“Yes,” Alec nodded, “it was some kind of giant roach thing. It got me pretty badly on my hand, but I was able to kill it.”
 
`Digimon are starting to pop out of nowhere,' Kitsune thought as he stared into the golden eyes of the masked hybrid. Kitsune walked over to him, “where did that digimon come from exactly?”
 
“I don't know.” Alec looked straight at Kitsune, “it just appeared.” In the distance, Kitsune could hear his father calling his name. The hybrid turned to the direction of the sound, “your family is looking for you.” Alec turned to watch the waterfall again
 
“I have one more question.” Kitsune turned back to him, “why did you pick me to contact? There are two other hybrids…”
 
“Because you are different,” Alec turned halfway, only revealing the left side of his face, “Kitsune, we hybrids are not normal, we're different. But something about you says that you are completely different from the rest of us.” He turned to the waterfall once again, “Kitsune Lee, consider my proposition. I will always be in this forest if you decide.” Kitsune nodded and turned to meet his parents.
 
`Make the right decision Kitsune,' Alec thought as he gazed at the rushing waterfall, `or our kind will never be seen as equals.'
 
~*~
 
Kitsune went back to his father, “Kitsune,” Jenrya breathed a sigh of relief, “Renamon told me both of you sensed something, and suddenly you disappear.”
 
“Where did you go?” Renamon asked.
 
“I…” the Fox boy thought of Alec and his wishes to be in solitude, “I was making sure there were no digimon around.”
 
”I wouldn't worry about digimon out here Kit,” Jenrya put a hand on Kitsune's shoulder, “rarely does anyone travel though this forest.”
 
“Out of sheer curiosity,” Kitsune adjusted his glasses, “what is this forest called?”
 
“Serenity Forest,” Jenrya answered. Kitsune nodded, `Serenity Forest,' he thought as him and his family made their way back to the main grounds, `so that's why Alec chose this place. But why is he even in this area?'
 
“Kitsune,” Renamon interrupted her son's thoughts, “I know for a fact that you weren't searching the grounds for digimon.” Kitsune continued to listen to his mother as he walked, seeing that his father was more or less not paying attention, “and I know that there is a different hybrid among this forest.” The fox boy stopped at the phrase. Jenrya was not far ahead when he saw his mate and son stop. He also halted and walked over to the two having the conversation.
 
“Mom,” Kitsune stared at his mother, “this forest, like Dad said, is rarely traveled by people. It would be a perfect place to shelter hybrids.” Renamon's eyes narrowed in suspicion, “I wouldn't be surprised if there are more than just three hybrids.” Jenrya looked at both Kitsune and Renamon.
 
“There are more hybrids,” Jenrya said, “other than Atsuiko, Keishinko, and you Kitsune.” The Tao fox and her protégé turned their attention to the longhaired Lee, “but how many? I really don't know.”
 
“Dad, are you saying there are others like me?” Kitsune, mocking a look of shock, asked.
 
“Don't be surprised Kit,” Jenrya smiled as he placed a hand on his son's shoulder, “you honestly think your mother was the first digimon to fall for a human?” Renamon blushed slightly by of the comment. The adult Lee laughed inwardly at the reaction given by his mate. “Or me to be the first human to love a digimon for that matter?”
 
“I…” Kitsune scratched his head in confusion. His thoughts at the moment were all about the other mysterious hybrids, but what his father asked in his answer was an awkward question, “well, yeah.” Lee shook his head.
 
“Kit, your mother and I know that you met another hybrid today,” Lee informed his son, “but we don't know exactly what happened between you two. And we feel that you are responsible enough to make those decisions on your own.”
 
“If you say so,” Kitsune shrugged, “I'm kind of surprised you guys would think that though.” He nodded as his father got out of the way, “but I didn't meet any hybrid out here. Interesting ideas though Dad.” Kitsune looked at his father and his mother one more time before walking back to their car, leaving the two parents in the forest.
 
“Kitsune's lying,” Renamon was quick to doubt her son. Jenrya turned to Renamon and smirked. He nodded his head in agreement.
 
“Yeah, but let him believe he's right,” Jenrya said, “no harm. Besides, I think he knew we were lying to him as well.”
 
“About the hybrids?” Renamon glared at her Lee.
 
Lee shrugged, “What I said might be true, might not. I really don't know. But I didn't lie completely.”
 
Renamon smirked inwardly, “sly fox.” She glanced over to the bushes again without letting her mate know.
 
“Look whose talking.” Jenrya walked up to Renamon and brushed her arm quickly before both parents went back to their waiting son.
 
~*~
 
Alec watched the three from afar, attempting to listen to every word. `What in the world are they talking about?' The dragon hybrid listened intently, focusing on every single word spoken. He noticed then that Kitsune began to leave. And the two parents were alone. `Do they know about me?' He thought to himself as he tried to listen in on the older members of the family.
 
“What I said might be true, might not. But I didn't completely lie.”
 
`Is he talking about me?' Alec thought as he tried to listen in by moving in more. Alec noticed the yellow fox's ear twitched and suddenly looked in his general direction. He quickly fell back, trying to make as little noise as possible. `Damn it.' He thought as he saw the two parents leave the thickest part of the forest.
 
“They know about me.” Alec shook his head as he walked thorough his sanctuary in the vegetation, “Kitsune offered me a home with him and his parents, but why didn't they do anything if they knew about me?”