Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ We're Goin' Home ❯ Reunion ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay, this story actually started out as a quick idea in the odd mind of my little sister, kel(aka angelkity983). She told me about it and I liked it. I told her she oughta write the fic herself, but she didn't really want to. I got permission from her to write it myself, but it'll be under both our names, since she came up with it and I wrote it down, adding a few of my own touches here and there to make it more my own. I hope you all enjoy it!!

~Katmon =^.^=

We're Goin' Home

Thought up by kel

Written down by Katmon =^.^= Ichijouji

*From time to time, I wonder why I married her. I think I'll never know. I'm still hoping for a divorce, but I doubt it'll happen, she loves me too much.

*I think I married Sora to prove to the world that I wasn't in love with Taichi, despite all the times we spent together, and all the long years of friendship we had had together. I guess I didn't ever want that friendship to end.*

*Flashback*

"I'm not afraid, are you?"

"Why would I be afraid of jumping off this dumb cliff. It's the one thing I've always wanted to do."

"Oh, Yama, you're such a baby!"

"Okay. You win! Can we go back now?!"

"Nai! We're jumping!"

"Taichiiiiiiiii!!!!"

*End Flashback*

*I still remember that time we went skydiving. I was so terrified, I threatened to never speak to him again, but you can guess how long that one lasted.*

The door slammed. "Yama-chan! I'm home!" Sora called.

Yamato walked out to meet his wife of twenty years, a ciggarete in the corner of his mouth. "You're home early."

"Of course! We get the whole weekend to ourselves!"

"What about the kids?"

"Yamanai and Makai?" Yamato nodded. "Mimi-san said she'd watch them! Isn't this great! A whole weekend to ourselves!"

Yamato groaned. "Hai, a whole weekend. Whoope." He rolled his eyes and walked back into their room.

"I'll make dinner then!" Sora shouted and the sound of clanging pans came from the kitchen.

Yamato stared at the computer screen. He had just received an e-mail from Takeru.

Oniisan,

Are you okay? We haven't seen you around lately. Taichi's been e-mailing you left and right, but you still haven't written back. What's wrong?

Takeru

Yamato groaned again and threw the e-mail in the recycle bin. He had lost contact with his group ever since he, Sora, and their kids had moved to New York. They lived near Mimi, and the three Digidestined rarely talked to the others. Taichi, Takeru, and Hikari had hated Sora after she broke up with Taichi and Sora had told Yamato never to speak with those three again. When he didn't listen they moved to New York, and Yamato hadn't had the courage to tell his best friend, or his brother where he had disappeared to.

"Yama-chan! Dinner's ready!" Sora called from the kitchen.

Yamato pulled himself out of the chair and went to sit at the table with Sora. He was taking a plane down to NASA that Monday, so Sora had insisted that they have the whole weekend together. He really didn't care. He couldn't wait to go up into space, it meant freedom from his wife the bitch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The spaceship was landing at NASA headquarters. Yamato dreaded walking out of that door and looking at all those reporters and his bitch. Gabumon looked up at him with pity. He had had to stop smoking for the whole time they were up there, so he was kinda out of it.

"Yama, we landed." Gabumon whispered to his partner. Yamato nodded and joined the back of the line to get off the shuttle.

The light of the sun hit him full force, so he didn't see the crowd awaiting him. When he did, he couldn't help but draw in a strangled breath.

Taichi, Takeru, Hikari, Mimi, Jou, Koushiro, Miyako, Ken, Iori, Daisuke, their kids, and even the sour-faced bitch stood there. He smiled as his two kids ran up to him. He hadn't even noticed that there weren't any reporters and all the other men in the shuttle had already departed as his best friends surrounded him, patting him on the back and congratulating him. He felt so much better.

"Okay! Yama-chan and I need to get back home! Yama, kids, the plane awaits!" Sora called out, pushing through the crowd and grabbing her husband and two kids and trying to put them away. The kids cried, Yamato just followed her.

"Sora! Get back here you bitch!" Taichi's voice rang out above the tears of the kids and the cries of surprise from the group behind them.

Sora turned around to face the one face in the crowd she had hurt more than any other. "What did you call me, Yagami?!" She shrieked.

"He called you a bitch, Sora. I'll have to agree with him too. I've not seen anyone but you and Mimi for the past three years. Everyone comes to meet me, and you want to rush me home. Well, you can go home for all I care. Leave our kids and myself here. I'll catch another flight back." Yamato said softly, picking out a ciggarete from his pocket.

Sora stared at her husband, speechless. Yamanai looked up at her mother from behind her father's legs. "Yeah, I wanna talk to my friends, mama." The girl said bravely, moved by her father's defiance of her mother.

"I wanna stay here!" Makai agreed softly.

Sora glared at the small group. "Well..." Her face was red in anger. She stepped up to Yamato, smacked the ciggarete from his mouth, and stomped past him. She turned around one last time, tears in her eyes. "I hate you, Ishida Yamato! I want a divorce!" She screeched.

Yamato just smiled. "About damn time, too." He mumbled.

Sora obviously heard him because she threw a lighter at him from her purse and stomped away. Yamato shrugged, picked up the lighter, pulled out another ciggarete, stuck it in his mouth, then lit it. "Otosan?" Yamanai pulled at her father's sleeve. "Are you really getting a divorce?"

Yamato grinned. "Yup."

"Are we moving back to Japan, otosan?" Makai begged from behind his sister.

Yamato looked up and met Taichi eyes. "Come on, Yama." The old leader asked. "I'm sure NASA will let you move back." He sighed. "Even if you don't, at least you can keep in contact."

Yamato scratched his head. "Yeah... Umh, sorry about that..." He pulled the half-used ciggarete out of his mouth, threw it on the ground, and crushed it under his foot. "I miss Japan. What about you, Gabumon?"

"Me too!" Gabumon nodded. "I'm with the others. Can we move back to Japan?"

"I don't have a place to stay..." Yamato mumbled.

"You and Gabumon can stay at my house. I'm sure someone can house Makai and Yamanai." Taichi suggested.

Yamato rose an eyebrow at his friend. "We might be able to do that..." He looked down at his kids. "Well?"

"I wanna stay with Hikari!!" Yamakai cried.

"I wanna stay with Uncle Takeru!" Makai added, running over to hug his uncle.

Takeru smiled at his brother. "Come on, oniisan. We all want you to move back." The crowd behind him nodded.

Yamato sighed in defeat. "When you have almost every single Digidestined against you, what can you do?!"

The group let out a cheer and swamped the holder of Friendship. Taichi gave his friend a hug and kissed his cheek. "It's good to have you back, Yama-chan."

Yamato felt himself blush. "You're a pain, Tai-chan. You're a pain." Taichi just laughed.

"We're goin' home!!" Yamanai cried.

"Yeah." Yamato hugged his daughter to his side. "We're goin' home."