Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Who You'd Be Today ❯ Who You'd Be Today ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclamier: I will never own Digimon or the song Who You'd Be Today which is owned by Kenny Chesney.
I wrote this story after hearing this song and I have always wanted to do a song and it seemed like the perfect time! So enjoy!

Who You'd Be Today
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------
I can't believe it has been a full year now since you was took away from me. I can still remember your pretty face, your brown eyes that I so loved. Your wonderful smile that could put a smile on my face whenever I was down. Oh how I long to see you again, to talk to you, to hold you and tell you I love you...
Sunny days seem to hurt the most. I wear the pain like a heavy coat.
As the sun hide behind the clouds as it begin to rain. I felt like you were crying your tears for me. As I walked passed our favorite tree. I walked over to it and sit down in our spot as the memories started to come back to me.
I feel you everywhere I go. I see your smile, I see your face, I hear you laughin' in the rain. I still can't believe you're gone.
Flashback....
As two young teenagers sit under a tree eatting their lunch together, laughing and having a good time, one of them spoke up as they looked at the other one and smiled.
" This is my favorite tree in the whole city" said a very pretty girl with short brown hair and a sparkle in her eyes.
" Really, cause its mine also, because its yours" said the other who had blonde hair sticking out of his white hat laughing at his statement.
" Oh you!" said the girl as tackled him...
End Flashback....
As I looked at your spot, I started to cry. I could see you sitting there smiling at me and laughing as the rain fell.
As the rain pored harder, I looked up at the sky hoping to see you, but all I could see was the dark coulds and the rain following. Igot up and walked by the park. When I reached the hospital, I cried some more.
Flashback....
The same boy and girl was driving to movies togther for their very first date. The boy was the driver and he didn't see the car lights that was heading towards them.
" TK look out!" screamed the girl as TK finally saw the lights before the two cars crashed into each other and TK blacked out. When he woke up, he was in the hospital. Matt and his parents was the only ones in the room with him. Matt was the first one to notice that TK was awake.
" TK! thank god you are alive!" he screamed as he and my parents hugged me.
" What happened?" I asked.
" TK, you was in a car wreck and you blacked out" said mom as I nodded then remembered that she was with me.
" Mom, did she make it?" I asked as my mom knew who I was talking about and shook her head.
" She isn't going to make it" she said as I jumped out of the bed and ran into the hallway trying to find her room with my family right behind me. I finally found her room and rushed in. She was lying in a bed and he body bent in some spots. She was also losing a lot of blood and her breathing was weak. I ran over to her and she smiled at me when she saw me.
" TK, I'm gald your here, I was trying to hold on till you got here" she said as I bent next to her and took her hand into mine as I cried.
" Your going to be fine" I said as she laughed a little bit.
" TK, I know I'm not going to make it... I just wanted to see you one more time before I go...." she said as her breathing got worse.
" No...." I said as she put her finger to my lips.
" TK, I love you" she said as she closed her eyes and sighed, then she was gone..." No!No! you can't leave I said hugging her body. The nurses had to fight me off of her as they took her body with them.
It ain't fair: you died too young, Like the story that had just begun, But death tore the pages all away. God knows how I miss you, All the hell I've been through, Just knowin' no-one could take your place. An' sometimes I wonder, Who'd you be today?
Durning her funeral, I couldn't cry no matter how much I wanted to. It was like she didn't want me to and wouldn't let me. After that day, I thought about her all the time. As I walked by the hospital and finally reached the graveyard. I walked over to her grave and put the flowers I brought with me on her grave.
Would you see the world? Would you chase your dreams? Settle down with a family, I wonder what would you name your babies? Some days the sky's so blue, I feel like I can talk to you, An' I know it might sound crazy.
Wehad made plans togther, you and I, but we never got to do them. I'm sorry I didn't pay much attention to the lights that was heading towards us. If I only saw them sooner, I could have moved out of the way and we would still be togther. Sometimes I think about what you and I would be doing together right now and other times I wonder if you would have married me, and what you would have named our childern if you did. Oh how I miss you and I hope you are happy where you are, because I want you to be happy I said while looking up at the sky above her grave while crying. Then I looked over her grave and the read the words over and over again.
Hikari "Kari" Kamiya
Born: May 29, 1989
Died: November 19, 2005
" Beloved daughter and friend"

It ain't fair: you died too young, Like the story that had just begun, But death tore the pages all away. God knows how I miss you, All the hell I've been through, Just knowin' no-one could take your place. An' sometimes I wonder, Who you'd be today? Today, today, today. Today, today, today.
Only 16 years old. Oh Kari! I'm so sorry!" I screamed out as the rain started to stop and the sun begin to shine. It was like a sign from Kari as I started crying.
Sunny days seem to hurt the most. I wear the pain like a heavy coat. The only thing that gives me hope, Is I know I'll see you again some day. Some day, some day, some day.
Oh Kari, I miss you so much, but I promise I will see you again someday" I said while drying my tears and started to leave as two doves flew into the sky as the sun started to sit....

---------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------
Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed it!!!