Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Winter Diaries ❯ Entry I: Summonings ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Entry I: Summonings

Disclaimer: I don't own SQUAT. Akiyoshi Hongo and TOEI Animations own Digimon. Disney seems to control the Dub now.

Well, I just moved from St. Petersburg. I hate it here in Moscow, I've left all my friends behind, heck, the only person here I know is my little sister, Yelena. And she's 8 and likes dolls. What's the point of playing with her???

-----------------

Yuri Ivanov groaned angrily as his alarm clock went off. It meant it was time to go to school for the first time in Moscow. He probably wouldn't make any friends there, that was for sure.

He got dressed quickly, found a few minutes to comb his blond hair into something that would last a minute He brushed the last few strands out of his brown eyes and darted into the kitchen.

Yelena was already awake, and looked almost exactly like Yuri, except she was shorter, and her hair was longer. “Hello Yuri,” she said, looking up at the cupboard. She sighed. “Can you get my cereal out of it?” she asked.

“No.” Yuri was too busy working on making a school lunch to fix any breakfast. “Look Yelena, wait until Mom gets up.”

“But I'm hungry now!”

“Will you shut up! Dad just went to bed.”

“You're the one who's yelling!”

“No, you are!”

“You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” The girl screamed at the top of her lungs.

“QUIET!!!!!” The two kids turned around to find both of their parents looking at them angrily. They both looked like Yuri as well.

“Yuri, Yelena, stop having a screaming contest. I just got back from my first night at the Police Station, you could give me a little rest. And Yuri, stop upsetting your sister.”

“But I just wanted to make my lunch in peace, she could have wait-”

“No buts.”

“You always take her side!” Yuri yelled, grabbing his satchel, sticking it in his backpack, and running out the door.

“Wait- Yuri!” his father yelled.

“Oh look. Just what I said would happen. 'Tis I, the great Cassandra, that no one ever listens to. He speaks the truth, you're an only child, so you don't understand what it's like to have the spotlight taken off you. All his life, she wins, whether she interrupted his TV program because she wanted to watch TV, or whether she broke into his room and rearranged his stuff.

Now come on, we'll catch up to him in your car,” Yuri's mother said.

-----------------

“Lola!” a woman exclaimed happily. “Lola it's time to wake up!”

“Eat pillow feathers and die,” came the reply from under seven blankets, three body pillows, and several sofa cushions.”

“Lola come on! You're going to be late for school.”

“So?”

Lola's mother sighed. She was always like this in the morning. Lola refused to take her lithium medicine, cut the talk therapies as often as possible, was the top student when it came to English, couldn't tell you anything about any country if it came to World History, and was known as the top prankster in the school district.

Lola was one of the luckiest kids in the world, as she hadn't been misdiagnosed with ADHD. Her actions were part of a different mental irregularity. But her bipolar disorder-influenced actions still drove her mother up the wall.

Lola's mother turned to the girls SNES. “Lola, if you don't get up right NOW, I will cut all the controller cords to this, this thing.”

“I'M UP! And I'll get you for this.” Lola somehow managed to crawl out from under the largest pile in the world. Her blonde hair was tangled beyond belief, to the point where no one could have seen her light brown eyes.

“That's right. Now, because this is the THIRD TIME I've tried to get you up, I don't think you have much time for Breakfast. Enjoy your day.”

Lola screamed quite loudly, then ran off to the laundry room to see if any of her clothes were dry.

-----------------

Yuri had had it. He wasn't going to put up with his unfair father any longer. He darted down another street, and bumped into another girl. “Hey!” she said. “I haven't seen you around here before. What's your name?”

“Yuri Ivanov, what's yours?”

“Anna Vaseleva,” the girl replied. Like the other two, she had blond hair, but instead of brown eyes, she had blue eyes.

“Hi.”

“Where are you going?” she demanded.

“Dunno, don't care.” he answered angrily.

“Well, if you're heading to the school, it's down that way. I think we're running a bit late, so let's hurry.”

“Right.”

-----------------

Lola angrily stormed off towards the school. Her mother was a Neo Nazi. She was threatened to lose her video games, and didn't even get breakfast. And, to add insult to injury, she hadn't done Ms. Bulgacova's assignment. She was going to have one day in hell.

She hated school, as the P.E. Teacher was the sadist of the century. Her normal teacher would rather eat a bowl of vampire bats then look at Lola, and the only reason she got good grades in English was because the Principal stepped in. How she positively hated school.

Suddenly, two figures collided with her. “Ow!” Lola screamed as she hit the pavement. “Watch where you're going.” Lola scowled, this was ridiculous.

“Hey, don't tell us what to do!” the boy said.

“And shut up as well. Now tell me, what's the big rush?” Lola asked.

“We're late for school.” the girl answered.

“So?”

The girl advanced towards Lola. “Why, do you have no respect for school at all!”

“No, not really. What's your name anyway?”

“Yuri,” the boy said.

“Anna,” the girl muttered.

“My name is Lola Smirnova. Now then I'd like-”

But whatever she wanted, the kids never heard, as three golden beams of light hit the earth, and the three were knocked unconscious.

-----------------

Lola, Anna, and Yuri awoke with three splitting headaches. “Ow...”

“Hello Digidestined. I think it is time the three of us had a chat.”

Anna looked up. “Who are you?”

-----------------

Author's Notes: Finished! Yes! Not much to talk about, although I should note that Lola's dub name is Sonya, as most people probably aren't aware of the name difference.

Also, I don't intend for Winter Diaries to be terribly long. It'll be about 20 entries, enough for evolution, character development, and some fun scenes with the enemy.

Anyways, next time:

Entry II: Quest

The three children meet their digimon partners, and are told about why they are summoned to the mysterious world.