Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Hellsing Fan Fiction / Vampire Hunter D Fan Fiction ❯ Tomachi ❯ Arrival ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Authors Note: Well, last week ended college for this semester, and high school ends in a couple of weeks, so I should be able to write chapters more frequently, at least until I take a summer college class. Thanks so much for the reviews, it means so much to me that you guys like the plot so far. Well, please R&R, enjoy!!
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
On the last chapter: Chapter 2: In the Beginning…
 
The pod sprayed a sleeping gas inside the small ship and she fell asleep instantly. On the side of the pod the coordinates can be seen. An image of a planet is shown. Above the planet it says the name if it. Earth.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
Chapter 3: Arrival
 
Tomachi stirred in her sleep, rolling over on the seat. She kept her eyes closed and sighed. It must have been a dream, nothing but a horribly dream. She smiled to herself, wondering where such a dream had come from.
 
Vegeta probably told her things while she slept and manipulated the dream; he had done it before. Last time she had a nightmare, when she awoke Vegeta was standing over her smirking his trademark smirk and making comments about whether or not she enjoyed her sleep. That's all it could be she convinced herself, Vegeta was standing over her right now and feeling content over putting fear through her small being.
 
She sat up, yawning and stretching out her arms, her eyes still closed. Tomachi opened her eyes slowly, rubbing at one of them. She stopped moving suddenly, the relaxed calm feeling leaving her. Eyes widening, she looked at her surroundings. Tomachi was in the pod.
 
She stood up slowly in the pod and set her hands on the door window. Outside the window were things she had never seen before, exotic trees, plants, and strange looking animals. On the planet Vegeta, everything had been dark. The sunlight was very dim due to the distance of it from the planet and the trees had no leaves. The ground was hard, and the animals were vicious beasts that were fifteen feet tall and would rip anyone apart that dared come near them.
 
On this strange world the soil looked very soft, the grass and plants green and full. The trees were very tall, their leafy branches occupying the sky and shading the ground from the great sun. Some rabbits and deer were grazing in the grass, birds of all sorts of colors flew from tree to tree, and squirrels chased one another to steal acorns.
 
The fear that had built inside of her turned into curiosity as she looked out the window, taking in all of the wildlife around the pod. She began to push at the door, trying to open it and get out of the small spaceship. After a few minutes of this she realized that this wouldn't work, and began looking about the pod for someway to open the door. She looked over to where the mysterious figure that had put her in the ship typed in the coordinates. She learned how to read basic words in the palace on her home planet and some of the words on the different buttons looked familiar. One button in particular stood out to her, one larger than all the others. She read the world on the surface of it aloud as best she could. “O..pi…eeen” She pushed the button, and there was a click as the door released and opened a crack.
 
That small sound was the greatest sound in the world to her at that moment, and she began pushing the only exit as hard as she could. After a few moments of this, the exit swung open and she fell into the soil face first. The animals scattered, startled by the sudden movement and leaving Tomachi all alone. She sat up and rubbed the dirt off her face as best she could with her tunic.
 
Looking about in awe, she got up slowly and tried to take a few steps, but ended up tripping. The gravity on Earth was less than on Vegeta and she wasn't used to the sudden lightness. She looked straight ahead and noticed a lake about twenty feet away. She got back up slowly, trying to even out her body weight so she wouldn't fall again.
 
Tomachi clumsily walked over to the lake and fell again as she reached the edge of it. She sat up on her hands and knees and looked into the water and saw the reflection of someone she didn't recognize. She lifted up a hand and touched her face gently; the reflection did the same.
 
The journey from Vegeta to Earth took one year's time, and she had matured; now being four instead of three. Her hair was longer and now black instead of the dark brown it once was. She noticed that she looked older, most of her baby-fat now gone, and her face had dirt smudges on it from her fall earlier. She had grown also, that being a factor in her clumsiness and the fact she hadn't walked in a year didn't help either.
 
Tomachi reached out to the reflection in the water, as her fingers went through it ripples formed, blurring the image. The lake was so clear and refreshingly chilled, she could see to the bottom of it where different types of fish swam and weeds grew. On Vegeta the lake water was brown and warm; she didn't like putting her hands in it.
 
She stopped moving her hand in the water, letting her image reform. As the ripples stilled, Tomachi saw not only herself but an old man with a white mustache standing behind her. This startled her; she sat up and turned suddenly to see if her eyes were deceiving her. She saw him behind her and lost her balance, beginning to fall into the water. He managed to grab a hold of her with his free hand, his other hand being occupied by a sleeping baby with wild hair.
 
As he pulled her up and into a standing position, she fought off his hand and stumbled back a few steps before falls backwards over a stick. He started talking in a language that was strange to her, and this frightened her all the more. Tomachi started scooting backwards to get away from the strange man. He realized she was afraid of him and stopped pursuing her. He brought his free hand up and started talking again. “He doesn't look very dangerous” she thought to herself.
 
As she got up slowly to keep from falling, the baby in his free arm began to cry. He began to rock it back and forth, making soothing noises she couldn't understand. After a minute or so the baby began to quiet down and fall back to sleep; he looked no older than a year.
 
Tomachi and the man stood there, neither moving; now she was sure he was a good man, because she didn't get any bad vibes from him. “Where am I? How did I get here?” she asked him. Confused, he looked at her and shook his head, that movement was all she needed to know whether or not he understood her.
 
The old man looked at her, and placed his free hand on his chest. “Gohan” he said slowly. “Is that his name?” she thought, as she did she looked a bit puzzled. He repeated himself. She placed a hand on her chest “Tomachi” she replied.
 
To Be Continued…
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
So what did you think? I figured since Tomachi is from a different planet, she must speak a different language, I'll get her to learn Gohan's language in time, but hey, review and tell me what you think so far!!