Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Battle Clash ❯ Don't Jump ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Battle Clash

By Mari, -animeangel123, and Mr. Write

Disclaimer: DB/Z/GT is the © property of Akira Toriyama. Ranma ½ is the © property of Rumiko Takahashi.

A/N: Just to avoid any confusion, Goku is not a little kid in this fic. Piccolo does not die because I love him too much for that. I believe that Goku taught Goten Instant Transmission. Bura might have done some training. And yes the Dragonball kids are going to be in their GT age.

Chapter 01: Don't Jump

A young male demi-Saiyan named Son Goten was cruising in the sky above his new home in Nerima. He had recently bought himself an apartment in the area, and he decided to see what it looked like from above. "So this is the infamous Nerima District," he thought to himself as he admired the city below. "Funny, it doesn't look like some kind of crazy city full of martial artists, but then again, not many people totally freaked out when I started flying around here." Goten gave out a small chuckle. "Man, I would definitely fit in here, no problem." Just then, he spotted someone standing on a nearby bridge. "Gee, I wonder what that guy is doing over there?" Goten assumed that it was a guy with a small braided pigtail. As he got closer, he saw that the young man was holding a small, but deadly looking knife. "Hey, I hope he's not doing what I think he's doing!" Goten started to panic a bit, and just as the pigtailed youth was about to drive the knife into his gut, Goten raised his power level and speed to stop him from what ever he was going to do.

A Few Minutes Earlier...

A certain young, cursed, pigtailed martial artist was standing on the bridge, leaning over the rail to look at the river below. "So this is finally it," he thought sadly to himself, "The life of Ranma Saotome comes to an end." A small, solitary tear trickled down his face, but Ranma quickly wiped it away, since he was told repeatedly by his lazy ass of a father that real men do not cry. He thought about his life and the chaos that was always a part of it. All the fiancées...the rivals...the fathers...the two old ghouls and freaks...his mother...the seppuku contract...the endless beatings from Akane...and the ruined wedding in which his un-cute (or, rather, his ugliest) fiancée blamed him for it. Which, of course, was caused by her older sister, Nabiki. Ranma reached into his pocket and pulled a small knife from its recesses, unaware that a UFS (unidentified flying Saiyan) was flying above him. He raised the knife above him. "Good-bye, everyone!" he shouted and closed his eyes tightly. "This is all for you!" The knife started its journey to Ranma's gut.

Back to the Present...

Ranma's eyes were still shut tight, but he did not feel the knife entering him. In fact, he didn't feel the knife at all. That's when he opened his eyes, and realized that he was no longer on the bridge, but was now flying through the air. "Hey, what's going here?" he asked in a panic, as he franticly looked at the city below him.

"Relax there, buddy. I've gotcha," a voice answered.

Then, Ranma looked up and saw a strange guy holding him by his waist...and they were both flying. "Who…who… are you?" Ranma asked his mysterious savior, not believing what was happening. He looked to be in his late twenties, with short, spiky black hair, and was smiling at him to let him know that he was okay.

"The name is Son Goten. I just moved here," Goten introduced himself. "What's your name, kid?"

"Ra…Ra….Ranma Saotome."

"Well don't you worry, Ranma," Goten comforting they young pigtailed martial artist, "Everything is going to be okay. Now, is there anything I can do for you?"

"Yeah," Ranma replied with a gulp. "Wake me when this dream is over." And with that he simply fainted in Goten's grip.

"Poor guy," Goten said, sympathizing with Ranma's plight. "He must've really had it rough." Then Goten stopped flying, and was now floating in mid-air with a fainted Ranma in his arms. "Maybe I should take him Dad, he might be able to help him." He put two fingers to the middle of his forehead, and concentrated on the Ki signature of his father. "I'm so glad that Dad taught me this technique." And so Goten used Instant Transmission, and he and Ranma simply disappeared into thin air.

Not many people would have been able to see it, nor would they have it to be a big deal. After all, it was Nerima.

*~*

Meanwhile...

In the Mountain District of Japan's countryside, a well-known family was having a small dinner get-together. Small, that is, if your husband, sons, and granddaughter are all either full or demi-Saiyans that can eat enough food to feed half of Japan. Videl was helping Chichi getting dinner ready and talking about the usual routines of their family.

"…and so Gohan will be getting the Professorship at Tokyo University." Videl told Chichi, while chopping some vegetables.

"That's wonderful," Chichi exclaimed happily, as she was stirring up some kind of stew. "I'm so happy that Gohan is finally a scholar, and is going to be professor of the University."

"Yes, and pretty soon, they might consider him as a partner." Videl concluded her husband's promotion.

"This is so wonderful. I think I'm going to cry." Chichi was very proud of her eldest son and his achievements. "I sure wish Goten was here for dinner." She was still feeling a bit sad from when Goten moved out of the house to live in the city, especially one she heard so many crazy stories about.

"Don't worry, Chi-Chi," Videl said, consoling her mother-in-law, "I'm sure that Goten will be just fine. Besides, he was trained by Gohan, Goku, and Piccolo. And even if those stories about Nerima were true, I'm positive that he will be okay." They have a small laugh together. "So how is Goku doing?" She really wanted to know if her father-in-law is okay.

"Well, it took a long time..." Chichi began, reluctantly at first, "But now he finally has a job as construction worker." She was glad that her husband actually had a normal job.

"I'm so glad about that," Videl said, relieved. She was afraid that Gohan's parents would have to go on welfare just to survive. "I guess he gained those skills when he worked at a construction site while he was being trained by Master Roshi." Videl paid close attention to Chi-Chi. She loved hearing stories about Goku as a boy.

"Yes, well it's not a very hi-profile job like Gohan's," Chichi pointed out, "But the pay is good and he likes working with his hands."

"Well as long as he likes what he's doing, that's good enough," Videl confirmed, and Chichi agreed with a nod.

**********

While the two wives were busy chattering, Goku and Pan were having a sparring match in the backyard, with Gohan as the referee.

"Very good Pan," Goku praised his petite granddaughter, "You are definitely getting stronger."

"Thanks , Grandpa," Pan returned the praise, while giving and blocking punches. "Mom and Dad have been training me every day after school."

"Videl and I thought it would be best for her to receive martial arts training and still get a good education," said Gohan, while keeping an eye on his father and daughter. He still remembered how his mother always harped on him about getting a scholarship, saying it was more important than saving the universe. But she was proved wrong. When all of the universities in the world that it was Gohan who saved the world from Cell, they believed that it was the only qualification he needed, and they all wanted him to come and learn on their campuses. Even though that she meant well, he and Videl did not want to deny Pan's right to make her own decisions in her life. If she wanted to learn martial arts, then they would support her decision.

"Well, I'm glad that you and Videl feel that way, son," Goku complimented his first born son, "I wish your mother had been that way when you were born." He gave out a small chuckle, but that left an opening for Pan, and she punched him in the cheek. "OW!" He cried out in surprise and held his sore left cheek.

"Sorry, Grandpa," Pan apologized for hurting her grandfather.

"No, no. It's okay, Pan," Goku said, letting her know that there were no hard feelings, except the sting in his cheek. "I'm really impressed with that punch of yours." He rubbed the pain away and turned to Gohan. "Oh, and son, congratulations on getting that professorship at Tokyo University." Yes, even Goku was proud that his son was doing so well.

"Thanks, but I'm still not sure if I'm going to get it," Gohan confessed with a slightly embarrassed blush, "I'm still waiting to hear from the faculty about it."

"Oh come on, Dad," Pan intervened into the conversation, "You're a shoe in to get that job."

"Pan is right, Gohan." Goku agreed with his granddaughter, "If you work hard enough for it, they would be fools to pass on you."

"Thanks," Gohan appreciated the confidence his family had for him, "Now how about we resume the fighting?"

Just as Goku and Pan were about to fight again, out of nowhere Goten materialized between his father and niece, and in front of his brother with a sleeping Ranma still in his arms.

"Goten!"

"Uncle Goten!"

All three of them said his name at the same time.

"Hehehe...hi, guys." Goten greeted his family with Goku's famous goofy grin.

A second later, Chichi and Videl rushed out of the house when they heard Goten's name.

"Oh Goten," Chichi wanted to greet her youngest son with a great big motherly hug, "I'm so glad that you came." Then she noticed that Gohan was holding Ranma in his arms. "Sweetie, who is this boy you are with?" she asked, pointing at the pigtailed martial artist.

"Oh, him?" Goten indicated Ranma to his mother, "His name is Ranma Saotome, and I found him over at a bridge of Nerima. He was trying to kill himself."

"Kill himself?!" Goten's family repeated what he said in shock.

"Are you sure that's what he was doing, Goten?" Gohan asked his younger brother.

"Well, yeah," Goten answered rather sheepishly, "I did see him trying to stab himself with this knife." He reached into his pocket and pulled out the knife that Ranma had been trying to use.

Everybody was stunned about the events. Why would someone want to do something like that?

"But why did he try to kill himself?" It was Videl's turn to ask.

"I'm not sure really," Goten gave his sister-in-law an honest answer, "He passed out before I had a chance to ask him."

"Oh, that poor boy!" Chichi's motherly instinct started to kick in. "Goten, why don't let your friend Ranma rest in your old room?" She directed him.

"Okay, mom," Goten obeyed and carried Ranma into his old home, "Oh, and Dad," he turned to his father, "Thanks again for teaching me Instant Transmission." He turned and continued walking.

"Sure, son," Goku accepted his youngest son's thanks, "It's a great way for quick travelling."

"Okay, now everybody back in the house," Chichi announced, "Dinner will be ready in a few minutes." Everyone joined up with Goten inside the house.

"Maybe we should save some for our guest." Videl suggested.

"Good idea," Chichi agreed, "He'll probably be hungry when he wakes up," She turned and gave Goku a stern look, "That is, if we have any food left over."

"Don't worry, Chichi," Goku chuckled nervously, "I promise to save some food for the boy."

"So Dad, why did Ranma want to kill himself?" Gohan was curious about Ranma's actions.

"I'm not sure, Gohan," Goku said. The look on his face was one he would put on when he sensed that something is not right, "but whatever it is, it's probably something very serious to make him want to take his own life."

"Do you think he'll tell us when he wakes up?" It was Pan turn to ask.

"Maybe, if he wants too, but right now let's just let him rest." Goku replied to her question.

The whole Son family went into the house with their new guest.

So now Goku and his family have taken Ranma to their home. What will happen when he wakes up? Will he tell them everything in his life? Or decide if they are friends or foes? Find out in the next chapter of DBZ/Ranma "Battle Clash"