Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Drabbles - Goku ❯ Pain of Love ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Pain of Love


Goku stood next to the bed, gazing down at his wife’s sleeping figure.

“It hurts,” he whispered, careful not to wake her.  “Every time I leave it hurts.”

Quietly, he moved to the window.  The light breeze felt good, carrying the scent of the serene mountainside.

“I know it hurts you, too, never knowing if I’ll come back from a battle.  You may think I don’t care, but I do.  You took my death so hard because we spent all our time together.  But you knew I was coming back.  If I die again, we’ll be apart forever.”

He softly leapt to the windowsill and crouched there, looking back into the bedroom.

“That’s why I suffer through the pain of leaving you so often.  The more time we spend together, the more we fool ourselves that we can be together forever.  If we get used to being apart, my inevitable death will be easier on both of us.  So I force myself to leave you yet again and hope it won’t be the last time.  I love you, ChiChi.  Goodbye.” 

Goku silently flew off.  Back on the bed, a single tear slid down ChiChi’s cheek, quickly absorbed by the pillowcase.