Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dragonball Z: Power of the Fates ❯ Prologue

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Dragonball Z, or any of the characters which appear in that series. I do, however, own the characters which I have created. This is the second time I've tried writing this fic, and hopefully this time around I'll be more successful.

This is merely the prologue, which should give you some incentive to read as this story gets updated. I hope you like it.

**AUTHOR'S NOTE**

You may recognize the God of Neutrality, Teiuqus, as being very similar in nature to the character of Astinus, Chronicler of Krynn, of the Dragonlance novels, written by Margaret Weis and Tracey Hickman. I admit, Astinus did inspire Teiuqus, but any similarities beyond that are merely coincidental, nothing more.

**END AUTHOR'S NOTE**

In a dark, shapeless abyss, somewhere between heaven and hell, a gathering of great magnitude was taking place. A gathering of higher powers. Powers with dominion over dimension, space, and time. Powers numbering three. One good, one evil, one neutral. Always in constant conflict with one another, but always maintaining the balance necessary to sustain life. It had been eons since one power had gained the upper hand, but in recent millenia the balance had begun to slip. The evil had begun to consume more and more, tipping the scales in its favour.

The gathering had been called in an attempt to cessate hostilities. To try and regain the balance. They were there, the three gods in avatarial form, around a chess board made out of black onyx resting on a white marble pillar, representing one of the many dimensions being fought over.

Standing to the left of the marble was Porosum, the God of Good, in his avatarial form, which went by the name of Tobias Andryon. He appeared a very regal figure, clad in highly tempered ceremonial armor, which consisted of breastplate, arm guards, shin guards and wrist guards. A long, flowing red cloak hung off his shoulders, giving him the appearance of a man not to be trifled with, while his eyes radiated a warmth that seemed very sincere, despite his appearance.

Standing to the right of the marble pillar was Paravus, the Goddess of Evil, in her avatarial form, which went by the name of Lauralon Cypriel. Clad in a sleek, form-fitting black dress, she seemed to emit a cold, pale beauty. Her jet black hair ran down to the middle of her back, and her eyes seemed to be able to peer into the darkest recesses of a person's soul.

Sitting in between the other two was Teiuqus, the God of Neutrality, in his avatarial form, which went by the name of Nathan Tamaran. He was clad in simple grey robes, and had a large leather-bound book resting in his lap, as well as a pen clutched in his left hand.

Various chess pieces, representing the major players in the history of this dimension, were strewn on the board, in various positions. In a bright flash of light, which illuminated the void as far as the eye could see, two new pieces appeared on the board, in prominent positions. Porosum and Paravus exchanged glances, acknowledging that events leading to the final climactic battle for this world had been set into motion.

Teiuqus did nothing, except write into the large tome sitting in his lap. As he wrote, he stated, a little melodramatically, "It has begun."