Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Goku in the Frieza Saga: A Hero in the Anime ❯ Goku in the Frieza Saga: A Hero in the Anime ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

************* 3/1/02

1st Lit/Comp. *****

Goku in the Frieza Saga: A Hero in an Anime

There is an anime that is rising in popularity. It is called Dragon Ball Z. The central character in DBZ is a man named Goku. Goku proved himself, numerous times, to be a hero. The Frieza Saga provided not only groundbreaking events in his life, and said by fans to be one of the greatest animated battles in the Dragon Ball arc, 4. but a sufficient amount of evidence that he was a hero. Plus, it's practically the only saga that Goku didn't die in. 1.

In the first five to ten episodes, Goku doesn't fight; he's in a rejuvination tank being healed after a previous battle. 2. Thus, he shows an innocent world. Some may doubt that it could really be called innocent because a battle put him there in the first place, but for the report's sake lets say that it's innocent. After a full recovery, Goku gets out of the tank and senses Vegeta and Frieza's ki energy 3. increase and decrease;he heads toward the battle, heeding the call to adventure and crossing a threshold.

Multiple low points or "sparagmos" appear in this battle, one present before the battle even begins! Frieza had been mercilessly beating Vegeta and then, in Goku's presence, killed Vegeta, namely because Vegeta was saying that Goku was the legendary Super Saiyan 5. that Frieza feared so much. His dying breath told Goku that he was now the last full-blooded Saiyan left and that he should avenge his people. 6. Present here is also a type of recognition, but it's not the key recognition.

Right before the battle began, Frieza offered to Goku to join forces with him and control the universe. That was a temptation he resisted. As the battle escalated, Goku had positioned himself in situations that could get him killed, such as near-drowning, and being strangled by Frieza's own tail. The road of trials was made worse by his whale's belly; Frieza had pierced the core of Namek with a ki attack, leaving them a limited time to decide the fate of the universe.

Everything came to a head when the Dragon Battle ensued and Goku prepared his ultimate attack, the Spirit Bomb (Genki Dama). It takes the energy from surrounding life and places it into an energy ball. Gathering energy for a ball of the size needed took time and to collect it without getting killed by Frieza was an unimaginable feat. In fact he needed the help of Piccolo.

The attack connected and everyone thought that the threat was over. That brings us to sparagmos number two and three. Frieza was not dead, as previously thought, and, to take out his anger, Frieza killed his best friend Krillin. That pushed Goku over the edge and he did finally achieve the status of Super Saiyan, the apothesis coming to be.

As the battle continued, the planet came closer to destruction. Mr. Popo and Kami, guardian of the Earth, devised a plan and collected the Earth Dragon Balls. They gave forth to the two ultimate boons. Shenron, the Earth Eternal Dragon, gave life to everyone killed at the hands of Frieza and his henchmen, which brought back a majority of the Namek race, 7. Vegeta, Dende, and most importantly, Guru. His revival brought back Porunga, the Namek Eternal Dragon. That was boon #1. Dende was instructed by Guru to go to Porunga and ask for the final wish 8. to be for everyone but Frieza to be teleported off Namek. That is the second boon, but there was a catch. Goku refused to be teleported off. He wanted to finish the battle. So everyone but Goku and Frieza was taken off Namek.

Frieza had been defeated, and Goku gave him enough energy to get off Namek. Frieza tried to destroy Goku, but it was Goku that destroyed Frieza, supposedly. 9. In that final blast, Goku rescued the universe from his tyranny, became the master of two worlds (theoretically), and gave his family and friends the freedom to live in peace (for a time).

Goku was nearly burned when supposedly the only ship out of Namek stalled and died, but a Ginyu spacepod appeared out of nowhere and provided his (magic) ride out of there, with only seconds to spare.

That was the story of the Frieza Saga, and the evidence of a hero in the character in Japan known as Son Goku. 10.

Footnotes:In nearly every major saga, Goku dies, and later is either wished back or someone gives his life to bring Goku back. Captain Ginyu (in Goku's body) vs. Gohan, Vegeta, Krillin, and Goku (in Ginyu's body) The energy within a person brought out and used as attacks and/or a lifeline There are three series in the Dragon Ball arc, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, and Dragon Ball GT. A Super Saiyan is said to be the strongest fighter in the universe, and only one person every millennium achieves this caliber. This is shot down as at one point five Super Saiyans existed simultaneously. Frieza destroyed all but four Saiyans. One village was destroyed by Vegeta and did not come back. Porunga had previously granted two wishes, but disappeared when Guru died.

*The dragon's lifeline is connected to the creator of the Dragon Balls. When he/she dies, the dragon disappears.In the Trunks Saga, it was discovered that Frieza was still alive. In Japan, a person's last name is placed first. So in America, he would be known as Goku Son. How he got that name is beyond me.